Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......)

+2
Cookin Lore
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Cookin Lore

That looks wonderful!

NormM likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made Kibbles and Bits..... as I call it. LOL
Diced small beef cubes braised with onions, and thickened to a deep brown gravy, to ladle over mashed potatoes. Canned green beans on the side. 4 little star shaped cookies for dessert.
I'm hungry now at 8:30PM
###########################################################3

Went to the Well overdue pulmonary Dr, and he said I was in ok shape, but shook his head no no when he listened to my breath passing through the bronchial passages, so he writes an order for a little pill to help me breath easier, BUT. causes diarrhea in some people. The only thing good, is you may loose weight. LOL ... Nice huh? . What a Riot that will be. Didn't take them yet....the drug store ran out of them ; so they are on order for now.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

After 9 days of the Toth infirmary, our friends are finally over Covid  and I got to cook form2 again.

I made some egg rolls and scallion pancakes a fewweeks,ago and froze them for times just like today. I made a quick Asian salad, and rather than frying the egg rolls, I used the air fryer. They were crisp but not really brown. Oh well

Now we’re waiting for 4 or 5 days before we go downstairs and disinfect everything there. It’s probably overkill, but I’d rather be safe than sorry

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 75cbd810

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:After 9 days of the Toth infirmary, our friends are finally over Covid  and I got to cook for 2 again.

I made some egg rolls and scallion pancakes a few weeks,ago and froze them for times just like today. I made a quick Asian salad, and rather than frying the egg rolls, I used the air fryer. They were crisp but not really brown.  Oh well

Now we’re waiting for 4 or 5 days before we go downstairs and disinfect everything there. It’s probably overkill, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Yum, Yum, YUM!

My air fry chicken wings come out of the oven looking much like your egg rolls ~ they're crispy but still look a bit pale.  So I understand the disappointment in the end result.  

I just close my eyes and enjoy every bite all the same.

The whole meal looks really good to me!  What kind of dipping sauce did you use?  I used to make a ginger/soy sauce:  Equal parts low sodium soy & water with ginger 'coins' ~ heated in the microwave for only about 30 seconds and then let sit until cool & removed the ginger.  Often I'd add some sesame chili oil just before I ate it.

I'll bet your 'soon-to-be' neighbors are more than grateful for your generous hospitality!  

Last edited by bethk on Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner I had a large, bone in chicken breast in the freezer, so roasted that and made a lentil salad to go with. It."

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 07_11_16

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here we are again....Looking for what to cook for dinner. So far, a muffin with egg and cheese
from Mc Donald's.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yet again, I was at a loss as to what to cook to eat. Maybe we just need to go on a fasting until I get hungry enough to think of ideas I want to eat......

But I was picking up a few items at the store and saw the Johnsonville Brats and figured they were as good as anything I hadn't thought of yet ~ so, grilled brats it was.

I grilled some sliced zucchini and sauteed some cabbage to go with the brats.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 07_11_17

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had sausage and peppers for lunch, and chicken meat balls in tomato sauce for supper.
Tina baked a pound cake, and old world bars for dessert.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I try to keep a supply of soup(s) in the freezer to use for lunches and/or 'emergency' suppers ~ for those times when there isn't time or energy to prepare a meal.

I discovered all the chili was gone ~ and since today was special price ground chuck day at Fresh Market, decided it was time to make a pot of chili.

So, that's what's for supper.

ps: I also have 8 - 16 oz. containers to freeze.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 07_12_13

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[size=18]Supper was what we call "Mikes Casserole"...... A friend who hates it!
Ground beef with frozen mixed veggies in tomato sauce, and covered with refrigerator biscuits
and cheese on top. Baked in the oven till browned.
Pound cake for dessert. [/size

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a sweet potato on the counter and decided it would be good with pork.....

So, braised pork shoulder steaks with sweet potato & broccoli.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 07_13_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had leftover beef and veggie casserole, and a chocolate cookie...

I made a pot of Jimmy's Greek style chili sauce to freeze in small portions for later on.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

I was grazing pretty well all day yesterday, had bought some Pikeral to make, and then wasn't hungry. So, that's for tonight. Stay tuned! LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

This morning was and 'I-Spy' game when I opened the freezer. That's where I pull out the first thing I see......

And, even though we just had pork last night, it happened to be a pork tenderloin. So ~ ~ that's what was for supper!

I thawed it out and then decided to use the last couple nectarines to make some salsa (again) as I do enjoy a fruit to spoon over pork (and chicken, for that matter.....). I didn't have much in the way of available vegetables so beautiful carrot coins was chosen. I just boiled some white potatoes and that finished out the meal.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 07_14_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was shrimp cocktail then salmon broiled with rice on the side....
A chocolate cookie for dessert....

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

Most of the day was spent in hazmat mode….we had to clean and disinfect the entire downstairs from our Covid visitors.

It I still felt like cooking so today I made homemade pasta with English peas, snow peas and asparagus. The sauce was made with homemade creme fraiche and parmegano reggiano. As you can see from this plate….Steve uses pasta as an excuse to eat Parmesan. July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 3d0bd110

NormM

NormM

Charlie gave me a scare today. He asked for salad for lunch!. Then he asked for meatballs and spaghetti for dinner and I knew he was going to be OK. It was too hot to cook the meatballs in the oven so I turned to grill into an oven. It worked out well.July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 Img_0020
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 Img_0019

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Charlie gave me a scare today.  He asked for salad for lunch!.  Then he asked for meatballs and spaghetti for dinner and I knew he was going to be OK.  It was too hot to cook the meatballs in the oven so I turned to grill into an oven. It worked out well.

Phew! That WAS a scare! Glad it was just a distracted moment for Charlie and he's good to go now! LOL

by the way.............

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 863604796 July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 863604796 July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 3267860543 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 3267860543 July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 863604796 July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 863604796

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner last night’s pikeral (walleye) asparagus and potatoes. Asparagus was a bit woody, our season is over. Fish was great."

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 07_14_15

NormM

NormM

Thank you Beth. The best present was yesterday when I was in the dentist chair and he told me I didn't [u]have[u] to have that tooth extracted, at least not for a while.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy birthday Norm my friend... I am right behind you. I graduate to 78 in Oct.

bethk and NormM like this post

Cookin Lore

Happy Birthday! I have you both beat. Graduated to 78 in June!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wanted to thaw a chicken breast for supper and had to move a jar of marinara when I was looking around in the freezer.

That made it easy to decide on Chicken Parm for our supper.

Even though I split a breast for the two of us (cut & pounded to even it out) there was still too much for me to eat. So, there's half of my chicken and a bunch of pasta/marinara for a lunch for one or two of us.

I had a box of mushrooms in the vegetable drawer so I cleaned them and sauteed to add to the marinara. That always seems very 'meat-like' so a whole breast piece is too much for my eyes.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 07_15_15

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:
JanaAZ wrote:After 9 days of the Toth infirmary, our friends are finally over Covid  and I got to cook for 2 again.

I made some egg rolls and scallion pancakes a few weeks,ago and froze them for times just like today. I made a quick Asian salad, and rather than frying the egg rolls, I used the air fryer. They were crisp but not really brown.  Oh well

Now we’re waiting for 4 or 5 days before we go downstairs and disinfect everything there. It’s probably overkill, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Yum, Yum, YUM!

My air fry chicken wings come out of the oven looking much like your egg rolls ~ they're crispy but still look a bit pale.  So I understand the disappointment in the end result.  

I just close my eyes and enjoy every bite all the same.

The whole meal looks really good to me!  What kind of dipping sauce did you use?  I used to make a ginger/soy sauce:  Equal parts low sodium soy & water with ginger 'coins' ~ heated in the microwave for only about 30 seconds and then let sit until cool & removed the ginger.  Often I'd add some sesame chili oil just before I ate it.

I'll bet your 'soon-to-be' neighbors are more than grateful for your generous hospitality!  

I made a dipping sauce that had ketchup, vinegar, soy, etc etc. it was pretty good

JanaAZ

On top of all the cleaning and disinfecting we had to do, I had some veggies in the fridge that I needed to use. I didn’t have creme fraiche so I made some. Our dinner yesterday was homemade pasta with asparagus, English peas and snow peas sautéed in butter and with a sauce of creme fraiche and a lot of parmegano reggiano. We really enjoyed it and shockingly Steve asked me if HE could have the leftovers. That never happens. July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 3 Ea66f410

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum