Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......)

+2
Cookin Lore
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Burgers thawed for supper.....

I've spent all morning connecting a new printer.

I couldn't get it to print.

I looked. I tried something else. I looked again......

Finally, I said I was DONE ~ Stick Me With A Fork DONE !

THEN ................HE comes and unplugs everything.

Suddenly the damn printer works.

I should be happy.

But I'm just disgusted with myself because I KNOW THAT'S THE FIRST THING TO TRY!

Start with the beginning, easy fix.

Let the computer reset itself.

I guess my brain was just too fried to think of it at the time.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just went back and reviewed some of the posts made by 'Crybaby' (Michelle).

I've been trying to remember the brand of Italian Pasta she ordered on-line and the name just won't come to me.

Anyone remember? Did anyone have the foresight to record it or order it?

Just thought I'd ask............

Boy, I sure do miss her........

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Burgers on the grill.

I grilled planks of zucchini and then cut them and added to some onions I had sauteed.....added a side of the 'leftover' cucumber salad. That was supper.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 07_26_13

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We Wound up with chicken soup with Matzo Balls. Tina is baking brownies as I write.

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I just went back and reviewed some of the posts made by 'Crybaby' (Michelle).

I've been trying to remember the brand of Italian Pasta she ordered on-line and the name just won't come to me.

Anyone remember?  Did anyone have the foresight to record it or order it?

Just thought I'd ask............

Boy, I sure do miss her........
Beth....I surely do miss her too. BuT..Maybe to help jog your mind, try going on Amazon Site, then in grocery, search pasta Italian Brands.
knowing You, You probably did that already.

Another search ..... se if she was on another cooking forum; such as Net Cooking Talk. She may have been posting there, and asked that specific
question...? ? ?

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Small sirloin strip steak done with air fry feature in my oven (I’m really enjoying that) and plain steamed sprouts and cauliflower."

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 07_26_14

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight.

Neighbor Jim called and suggested we go out to one of the local country clubs.

It's still steamy hot here so that sounds like a winner to me!

If we had not decided to go out there would have been BLT's on the table.......but they'll be fine tomorrow.

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Oktoberfest sausage, fingerling potatoes done in the oven and a small tomato and onion salad."

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 07_27_14

JanaAZ

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 A7efa510
When Covid first started, IKEA published their meatball recipe. I copied the recipe but finally got around to making it today.  I followed the recipe for the meatballs but thought the gravy was not very flavorful so I added a little more seasoning to it. It will definitely make it into our rotation again.

Last edited by JanaAZ on Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was A dinner FLOP DAY, and thanks to the garbage collection tomorrow.
WHY? .....Because the Lasagna Tina Made was a block of flop!
the No Boil lasagna noodles, (which I hate ), turned the lasagna into a Brick ).
The pan of brownies that were Burnt, went out in the can also.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Heck, Jimmy ~ that's happened to all of us one time or another.

It just makes you appreciate the many more times the meals turn out just as you planned.

I was watching a program about lasagna making and they used the regular lasagna dry noodles but just soaked them in hot water until they softened. The sauce being used was pretty loose and they used quite a bit.

The end result was cooked noodles that absorbed the excess liquid and resulted in a lasagna that was able to be cut and stay stacked instead of sliding across the plate (like MINE usually does....)

But anymore I just make a pan of baked pasta with a bunch of cheese mixed in.

Easy peasey.....

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:We had an absolutely lovely time last night at our celebration supper at The Chop House.  I thought about getting something different from my 'usual' order of filet.....but, hey, it was the night's special paired with four jumbo shrimp.

The meal was excellent and the service is always top notch.  Who could ask for more?

Our waitress mentioned she was going to bring me a piece of cake as a birthday treat and I said I was just too full.  So, she suggested bringing it to the table in a 'to-go' box.

I had it with my coffee for breakfast!

Now I'm on a sugar high and ready for a nap soon......

But before I doze off I've got to go play 'I-Spy' in the freezer.  After 2 nights of not cooking I've got to get my groove back and make a meal.....

Happy Belated birthday Beth, I'm glad you had a lovely celebration

bethk likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Burgers thawed for supper.....

I've spent all morning connecting a new printer.

I couldn't get it to print.

I looked.  I tried something else.  I looked again......

Finally, I said I was DONE ~ Stick Me With A Fork DONE !

THEN ................HE comes and unplugs everything.

Suddenly the damn printer works.

I should be happy.

But I'm just disgusted with myself because I KNOW THAT'S THE FIRST THING TO TRY!

Start with the beginning, easy fix.

Let the computer reset itself.

I guess my brain was just too fried to think of it at the time.

I leave that electronic stuffs to D, any problems occurred, I just hollered and he'd come and fix fix them

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Heck, Jimmy ~ that's happened to all of us one time or another.

It just makes you appreciate the many more times the meals turn out just as you planned.

I was watching a program about lasagna making and they used the regular lasagna dry noodles but just soaked them in hot water until they softened.  The sauce being used was pretty loose and they used quite a bit.  

The end result was cooked noodles that absorbed the excess liquid and resulted in a lasagna that was able to be cut and stay stacked instead of sliding across the plate (like MINE usually does....)

But anymore I just make a pan of baked pasta with a bunch of cheese mixed in.

Easy peasey.....

Yeah!.... Tina agrees that she needed more sauce for the noodles to absorb it. Personally, I prefer the regular noodles softened in hot water just enough to bend the noodles. After the baking is done, I like to let the lasagna set / rest / for ~~ an hour, with the door of the oven closed, and the heat off. Laughing

Imelda HL likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Don't you just love it when a meal 'Hits-the-Spot' ?

That's what happened tonight with our BLT's and potato salad.

A big bonus is ........ NO leftovers !!! Woo Hoo !!!

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 07_28_13

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 07_28_14

bethk

bethk
Admin

If anyone else is a Joni Mitchell fan....check out the youtube video of her at the Newport Folk Festival.

At age 78, and dealing with health issues....she's a joyful Joni.....So happy she's able to continue enjoying performing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aqGjaFDTxQ

Cookin Lore

And, she's CANADIAN!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm clueless about supper.

Dane started feeling crummy last night.....had chills & muscle aches.

(I grabbed my CPAP and slept in the other room)

But he's still the same today. No fever. Just feelin' poorly.

I thawed some homemade chicken stock for him for lunch. He ate a bit but not as much as usual. So, I'm thinking it might be a scrambled egg supper night. Or whatever sounds good to him. I'm not planning on making a real meal.

You know I don't like leftovers ~ and I especially don't like an 'almost-a-whole-meal' leftover.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth we get tired like that some days. It's called "Gettin Old!' ....
Tell Dane Feel Better.
ps: We took our naps this afternoon. The kids are coming here in a short, so the day of rest comes to an end. They can get order and take out....
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 1f60a

NormM

NormM

Charlie is having a birthday party tomorrow and he asked if I would do BBQ for it. I have been making stuff for it for three days and today was brisket. Brisket usually stalls and sits below the final temperature but this time it stalled at 199 and I wanted 202 degrees. It sat at 199 for two hours and then finished in another twenty minutes. That is the longest stall I have ever had but I have heard of it taking longer. Yesterday I smoked two pork shoulder roasts. I will post pictures of everything tomorrow.July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 Img_0024

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Cookin Lore

WOW! How many people are coming to this party?
No cooking for me. I had some leftover chicken from last night, ate that. And so far nothing else. There was an impromptu (sort of) gathering of people here, outside my building. About 20 of us, we brought our own chairs and drinks. Pretty well everyone asked "When are we going to have another party for the building.................. How about another pigroast"? etc., etc. As head of the Social Committee, I know that everyone is anxious to meet people again. We're having a meeting next week to plan something. COVID sure messed things up for us!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Charlie is having a birthday party tomorrow and he asked if I would do BBQ for it.  I have been making stuff for it for three days and today was brisket.  Brisket usually stalls and sits below the final temperature but this time it stalled at 199 and I wanted 202 degrees. It sat at 199 for two hours and then finished in another twenty minutes.  That is the longest stall I have ever had but I have heard of it taking longer.  Yesterday I smoked two pork shoulder roasts.  I will post pictures of everything tomorrow.July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 Img_0024

Boy, that will be one heck of a celebration Norm.
Tell Charlie, Tina and  uncle Jim wish him a happy birthday, and lots of luck!

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Cookin Lore wrote:WOW!  How many people are coming to this party?  
No cooking for me.  I had some leftover chicken from last night, ate that. And so far nothing else.  There was an impromptu (sort of) gathering of people here, outside my building. About 20 of us, we brought our own chairs and drinks.  Pretty well everyone asked "When are we going to have another party for the building.................. How about another pigroast"? etc., etc.  As head of the Social Committee, I know that everyone is anxious to meet people again.  We're having a meeting next week to plan something.  COVID sure messed things up for us!

I don't know for sure. Last year there were over 20.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
NormM wrote:Charlie is having a birthday party tomorrow and he asked if I would do BBQ for it.  I have been making stuff for it for three days and today was brisket.  Brisket usually stalls and sits below the final temperature but this time it stalled at 199 and I wanted 202 degrees. It sat at 199 for two hours and then finished in another twenty minutes.  That is the longest stall I have ever had but I have heard of it taking longer.  Yesterday I smoked two pork shoulder roasts.  I will post pictures of everything tomorrow.July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 6 Img_0024

Boy, that will be one heck of a celebration Norm.
Tell Charlie, Tina and  uncle Jim wish him a happy birthday, and lots of luck!

I will tell him. Thanks.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

I hate when brisket temps stall. I sometimes get help with smoking from Richie who used to be on cooking.com. I had a brisket stall at a much lower temp and couldn’t get the thermometer to move.

I help him with baking and recipes….he helps me with smoking.

That sounds like an awesome menu for the party. Enjoy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum