Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......)

+2
Cookin Lore
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Last night Tina ordered Chinese and DD went to pick it up.
New owners took it over, and we were disappointed. Now we have to find another
restaurant. Today, we have eggplant parmesan to make.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Some things never change ~ if you don't feel well you are the one who gets to pick what to have for supper.

HE chose Creamed Chicken......how's that sound for a 98° humid day????

But, I will say, it was an easy meal to make since I had a leftover rotisserie chicken breast in the freezer.

I did get him to take a Covid test.....he tested negative. Neither of us thought he had the virus but I told him it was the responsible thing to do. It's nice to know for sure we aren't infecting the neighborhood!

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 7 07_30_13

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Wow, Norm! What a huge spread for Charlie's Birthday Bash !!!

Please tell him we send a big Happy Birthday!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

JanaAZ

I’m still trying to make new dishes so I made sautéed chicken thighs and as a side, I made fregola, peas, mint bacon and a little ricotta. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with the last of the ricotta I bought. Maybe something sweet….

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 7 B072f910

NormM likes this post

JanaAZ

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Last night Tina ordered Chinese and DD went to pick it up.
New owners took it over, and we were disappointed. Now we have to find another
restaurant. Today, we have eggplant parmesan to make.

There aren’t any good Chinese restaurants anywhere within 100 miles from us so I’ve been making my own. Eggplant parm is my favorite

NormM

NormM

Charlie asked me for a BBQ party. I made pork shoulder and brisket. I got a 4 bean salad at Costco, Charlie made a pasta salad and I made potato salad, coleslaw,deviled eggs and a fruit salad.
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 7 Unname11
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 7 Unname12
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 7 Unname13

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Pork loin roast which was way over cooked and dry. Roasted potatoes, carrots and fresh corn.  My cooking lately definitely needs improvement."

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 7 07_30_14

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Norm......I hope you're resting today!

I'm sure everyone had a great time and had more than enough to eat. Great job!!!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I didn't play any games in the freezer today. I just KNEW there was a package of sliced/cubed pork tenderloin in there and I wanted it to make some Sweet & Sour Pork. I was tired of no real meals....even though the creamed chicken last night was a 'meal' it wasn't one I wanted....

So, HE just had to get over his lethargy and come to the table to eat what I was hungry for!

It's one of those meals that goes back to my childhood....well, at least to the childhood of when I was just married. The original recipe came from my 'Better Homes & Gardens' red & white 3-ring binder cookbook.....the same one I still refer to on occasion because I know I can find what I'm looking for in there!

I've altered the original recipe to reflect our tastes....added carrots & celery for the taste & color. But it still has the red peppers (wouldn't be 'right' without those bits of red) and pineapple tidbits. The sauce is a combination of the juices from the small can of pineapple, soy sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar & a cornstarch slurry.

I been tempted to try a restaurant meal once in a while and then I find they usually resort to that artificial red sauce that is so gloopy.....I'll stick with MY version, thank you very much!

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 7 07_31_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cooking for the last day of the month was a flop. Well.... 95% flop. ( Sausage and Peppers )
The sausage was good; but the peppers had tough skins. I had to eat them like artichokes
pedals. The onions were tough also, and I caramelized them too.
the potato wedges were sandy tasting. Oh Well! .... Can't win them all.
Tina said " what the heck are they doing with the produce lately?"

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I created a thread what's cooking for August 2022

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum