Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......)

+2
Cookin Lore
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

bethk

bethk
Admin

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 3921676023 Happy 4th of July!!! July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 3921676023

No huge celebration here ~ but we did have a celebration meal of a grilled ribeye!

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_04_17

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

NormM

NormM

I made some pork chops today.  Charlie is redecorating the living room. These are two paintings he created for the spaces on either side of the fireplaceJuly, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0016
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0015
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0014

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Father & son with artistic ability!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have absolutely no desire to cook today.....lunch was crackers with peanut butter.

I'm thinking supper will be 'we-go-out' or some sort of carry out or pizza delivery.......

Well, THAT was vetoed ~ so now the plan is to have creamed ham on noodles and green peas. An old fashioned 'comfort meal' that's quick & easy. Not HIS favorite but since he doesn't want to make it easy on me we'll have whatever sounds easy to me......

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

DD is cooking Lobster tails. We already had a slice of pizza for a starter.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Lake Erie smallmouth Bass waiting for the frying pan here right now. Uncle and German company are late, so I said I don't put the fish in the pan until you are sitting here with a drink in your hand. Well apparently the Germans don't drink beer or wine, but I have water. Fingerling potatoes and sweet potatoes are in the oven, I made a salad of corn, cucumber, red and yellow peppers and balsamic dressing. Made fresh tartar sauce also.

Smells great in here. I'm hungry, hope they come soon!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper was a good, comfort meal. I'm glad I made it ~ and HE didn't have any complaint.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_05_13

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner with German visitors. Licked the plates clean. I made fingerling potatoes and sweet potatoes. A salad with corn, radishes, cucumber, red and yellow pepper, balsamic dressing; tartar sauce, and 4 Lake Erie small mouth bass. Not a single bite left over! Must have been good."

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_05_14

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_05_15

Cookin Lore

NormM wrote:I made some pork chops today.  Charlie is redecorating the living room. These are two paintings he created for the spaces on either side of the fireplaceJuly, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0016
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0015
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0014

I just looked at those pictures again.  Are they individual paintings, then mounted on top of each other for the three dimensional effect?    Very nice. Food looks yummy too!

UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

NormM

NormM

Cookin Lore wrote:
NormM wrote:I made some pork chops today.  Charlie is redecorating the living room. These are two paintings he created for the spaces on either side of the fireplaceJuly, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0016

I just looked at those pictures again.  Are they individual paintings, then mounted on top of each other for the three dimensional effect?    Very nice.  Food looks yummy too!

Yes. They are paintings stacked and fastened together.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had cod fish in a butter and wine sauce. watermelon for dessert.
Ooops, forgot..... Beans cooked in tomato sauce and onions.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a package of knockwurst....but BOY, they were salty! The addition of sauerkraut only added to my need for 3 or 5 glasses of water after we ate to quench my thirst! And that, of course, has allowed me to look at all the imperfections in the paint job on the bathroom wall.......

(( sigh ))

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_06_13

JanaAZ

We were supposed to have a few neighbors over in the 2nd to meet the people who are building on the lot next to me. I got a call that morning that she came down with Covid. So, since they were staying in a hotel, we invited them to stay in our downstairs which is like it’s own apartment. So since they’ve been here, I’ve been like a short order cook. I’m getting tired. And since they’ve been here, her husband came down with it

So now I’ve learned she just lost her taste and smell, so I’ve been trying to prepare meals with more texture than usual. I’m tired….

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:We were supposed to have a few neighbors over in the 2nd to meet the people who are building on the lot next to me.  I got a call that morning that she came down with Covid. So, since they were staying in a hotel, we invited them to stay in our downstairs which is like it’s own apartment. So since they’ve been here, I’ve been like a short order cook. I’m getting tired. And since they’ve been here, her husband came down with it

So now I’ve learned she just lost her taste and smell, so I’ve been trying to prepare meals with more texture than usual. I’m tired….

Murphy's Law: No good deed goes unpunished.

You had no idea they would contract that dreaded virus ~ and I'm sure you & Steve are taking every possible precaution ~ I'll add some prayers in hope they will continue to protect you both.

UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm still in a cooking funk.....sure wish I could come up with ideas that sound tasty.

But a meal had to be prepared.....so ~ burgers on the charcoal grill and a tossed salad: mixed greens (on sale for BOGO) with some carrot, celery & cucumber chopped & marinated in homemade dressing to top the salad greens).

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_07_16

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Sausage and peppers and onions ..... chopped potatoes the last 1/2 hour to absorb all the juices. Cupcake and a baby ice cream cone for dessert.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Even though I still don't feel like cooking......

I defrosted some shrimps and fried them, made some crispy crowns potatoes & reheated leftover vegetables.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_08_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Even though I still don't feel like cooking......

I defrosted some shrimps and fried them, made some crispy crowns potatoes & reheated leftover vegetables.

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_08_14
Looks good Beth Very Happy

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[size=18]The kids and grand kids came over with p i z z a , and garlic knots.
Sick of pizza, and this pizza was a slider offer ,,.... Shake it, and the cheese and toppings slid right off the crust. Way too much sauce. Tina made a pot of chicken soup, and it ended up in my lap.
Not really, but may been. All I said was, "I don't like strings of chicken in the soup!"...
When I cook chicken for soup, I dice the cold raw chicken first, and then I add the water and veggies. So I sit in the dog house now. Mad July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 1f408
She came back to me saying...."You can make your own soup from now on!"
s............i...............l.............e.....n......c.............e. silent

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking here tonight ~ HE will have to find or cook something for himself.

I went to the Chinese restaurant in Ocala with two neighbors ~ Darlene & Samantha. We shared a huge bowl of LARGE wontons & bok choy soup and then I again ordered the Honey Walnut Shrimp dish....I've got to widen my selection. I thought I was going to get Dim Sum but didn't really understand the dishes on the menu.

I should have asked the Chinese couples sitting around us to order for me.....they certainly looked as if they knew what to order and were enjoying everything at their tables......

Maybe next time I'll ask the waiter to surprise me with a nice selection.

Cookin Lore

I have some very nice mushrooms and was going to experiment with stuffing them with shrimp and some with scallops, and then realized that I don't have the seafood........................... So, it's plan B. fry the mushrooms with some onion and peppers, bake a potato and do the steak in the oven using the stir fry option! Picture, hopefully later!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Granddaughter Tori texted me earlier and said they had a bunch of nectarines that needed to be used and asked for my peach salsa recipe.

(( sigh ))

I don't have a recipe but I did talk her through what I used and how I chopped everything, explaining that she'll have to taste as she goes to get it to be good for her.

I summarized with chopped peaches/nectarines, a bit of salt, something sweet (sugar, honey or agave), something acidic (rice vinegar or lemon juice), something spicy (chopped jalapeno, cayenne or aleppo pepper), some onion & herbs (parsley, chives) and whatever else tasted good to her.

She's going to give it a try and let me know how it tastes.

I told her if it's icky to just dump it out ~ it's happened to me more than once! LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I thought I mailed this, but maybe not. Sirloin tip steak, fingerling potato and mushrooms, red pepper and onions."

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_09_16

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed a chicken breast this morning and then had to decide what to make.

I ended up cleaning out the vegetable drawers in the refrigerator ~ I had some BOGO lettuce & arugula that needed to be used. The 'spring mix' type was starting to get bits of mushy (which I had to painstakingly pick through to remove....). So, I had the two lettuces and some green cabbage I shredded. I cut some cucumber, celery, carrots & onion to use as garnish vegetables. I just cut the chicken into bite size bits & seasoned with s&p ~ sauteed it up in a little cast iron skillet to get it browned.

The dressing I made was a take on the Oriental Chicken Salad at Applebee's ~ a dressing I've used in the past. Mayonnaise, honey, dijon, a few drops of sesame oil and some rice vinegar. Normally I'd add some neutral oil but I didn't remember it until after I had dressed the vegetables....terrible that my mind plays tricks on me sometimes.

Actually, it wasn't bad at all ~ just a bit thin.

I dressed the vegetables & lettuces separately and then piled them on the plates ~ the chicken was slightly cooled and then got tossed in a bit of the dressing as well. Finally, I sprinkled some rice noodles on for a bit of crunch.

I noticed we both cleaned our plates so it was either not enough or it was really tasty......

(ps: I'm full.......LOL)

July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 07_10_17

NormM

NormM

Charlie asked for banh mi sandwiches so that is what we had.July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0018
July, 2022 ~ ~ It's getting hot (but August will be hotter.......) - Page 2 Img_0017

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum