Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2023! Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking!

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Cookin Lore
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I made shells pasta with caramelized onions and small white beans.
Tina's Uncle found his way home today at 4:15 PM ; peacefully. and in no pain.
Tina came home and was so tired, she could hardly stand up.......

Deepest sympathy to Ms. Tina ~ she is a most dedicated niece and a wonderful caregiver to her beloved uncle.  He is at rest now.

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Thank you.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking here ~ had a non-stop day with Lyn.

Last night she had to take Bill to the ER at midnight because he had a nosebleed again that wouldn't stop. The ER couldn't get it to stop, either, so they decided to transport him at 4:30 a.m. to Shand's (University of Florida) Hospital in Gainesville, about an hour drive north of us.

Lyn went home and got about 2 hours sleep and then called me this morning. I went to her house and drove her to the hospital. She hadn't heard a thing from Bill so she was concerned. When we got to Shand's we went to the ER department and he was still there at 11:30 this morning. But we had to wait a little while until they would let us in to see him.

I don't think anything prepares you to walk in to a medical cubical and see someone sedated and intubated ~ it was just a huge shock to her. It was like going through the same thing when her daughter and son passed away. Fortunately, they were quick to bring in the attending doc who explained they needed to calm him and get his heart rate, breathing and vitals under control. The only way they could do that was by sedating him.

They will attempt to let him wake up tomorrow ~ but they have to do stuff while he's still out. The nosebleed got into his lungs and was causing some pneumonia so they have to suck that out. They started a direct line for meds, etc. in an artery in his neck ~ gruesome.

She had packed some clothes and meds just in case she needed to stay the night so that's what she did. Her travel agent friend made all the arrangements for a room at a place close to the hospital. I drove her car home and will either drive back tomorrow or another friend will come and pick up her car and drive it up to the hospital for her to use while she's staying there.

And when she's ready to come home Dane will drive me there to drive her again.

So ~ no idea when I'll be cooking. I ended up having a bowl of breakfast cereal and some cinnamon raisin toast for my supper at 9 p.m.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:No cooking here ~ had a non-stop day with Lyn.

Last night she had to take Bill to the ER at midnight because he had a nosebleed again that wouldn't stop.  The ER couldn't get it to stop, either, so they decided to transport him at 4:30 a.m. to Shand's (University of Florida) Hospital in Gainesville, about an hour drive north of us.

Lyn went home and got about 2 hours sleep and then called me this morning.  I went to her house and drove her to the hospital.  She hadn't heard a thing from Bill so she was concerned.  When we got to Shand's we went to the ER department and he was still there at 11:30 this morning.  But we had to wait a little while until they would let us in to see him.

I don't think anything prepares you to walk in to a medical cubical and see someone sedated and intubated ~ it was just a huge shock to her.  It was like going through the same thing when her daughter and son passed away.  Fortunately, they were quick to bring in the attending doc who explained they needed to calm him and get his heart rate, breathing and vitals under control.  The only way they could do that was by sedating him.

They will attempt to let him wake up tomorrow ~ but they have to do stuff while he's still out.  The nosebleed got into his lungs and was causing some pneumonia so they have to suck that out.  They started a direct line for meds, etc. in an artery in his neck ~ gruesome.  

She had packed some clothes and meds just in case she needed to stay the night so that's what she did.  Her travel agent friend made all the arrangements for a room at a place close to the hospital.  I drove her car home and will either drive back tomorrow or another friend will come and pick up her car and drive it up to the hospital for her to use while she's staying there.

And when she's ready to come home Dane will drive me there to drive her again.

So ~ no idea when I'll be cooking.  I ended up having a bowl of breakfast cereal and some cinnamon raisin toast for my supper at 9 p.m.

Always something huh? Poor Bill, and Lyn. We will keep them in our prayers.
It's like a never ending sh!t show here tonight. The son and DIL stopped to have a bite to eat, and as they were leaving, Tina gets a call on her cell. It was the caregiver we used for the uncle, and she said in her broken Ukraine, that there was a fire in house....smoke and sparks, and fire in next door neighbors side of the house where their whole house generator was running. I t sounded like uncles house was happening all this problem.....and Tina was shrieking and saying she will be right there. I said NO NO .....call the fire dept. In about 20 seconds we find out it was NOT in uncles house, but the next door's Generator that was running after the power failure. What a scare.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

For supper, I had two small hot dogs with yellow mustard, and a meatball that Tina had at her uncles house. Sometimes I get to the point where I can't think straight ....I didn't notice the buns were growing
penicillin on some of the buns. Nice Patina color.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

NormM wrote:Charlie is leaving early tomorrow with some friends who will spend the night.  They are going on a float trip in the Ozarks. I fed then with an extra large dish of shrimp, pasta, onions. sun dried tomatoes in a cream sauce.July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 Img_1019

That shrimp dish looks soooo good! What is a float trip????

And Yes, Beth, nothing prepares us for what we see in the emergency room sometimes. We are soooo lucky to have excellent health care available. Much of the world does not! Has there been a cause determined for that massive nose bleed?

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

COD ( my favorite fish ), will be on the menu tonight. Stir fry veggies with rice from frozen
in the bag. A wine / butter creamy sauce to cook the fish in. Ice cream for dessert.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Cookin Lore wrote:
NormM wrote:Charlie is leaving early tomorrow with some friends who will spend the night.  They are going on a float trip in the Ozarks. I fed then with an extra large dish of shrimp, pasta, onions. sun dried tomatoes in a cream sauce.July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 Img_1019

That shrimp dish looks soooo good!  What is a float trip????

And Yes, Beth, nothing prepares us for what we see in the emergency room sometimes.  We are soooo lucky to have excellent health care available.  Much of the world does not!  Has there been a cause determined for that massive nose bleed?

A float trip is taking a raft or canoe on the river for a scenic trip.  My mom, stepdad and I and whoever else wanted to go would spend the day in canoes on the North Fork river, having taken two cars and parking one at the take out place and the other back to the start area.  For us the take-out place was often a friends house on the river.  Charlie's trip is more of a camp-out on the river at a camping area and taking a raft and not going too far down stream.  Most of the water is slow flowing but there is some white water along the way.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote: We are soooo lucky to have excellent health care available.  Much of the world does not!  Has there been a cause determined for that massive nose bleed?

The only thing they have come up with is when they gave him 'home oxygen' he insisted on using it more than recommended and he dried out his airway. It's happened before and he didn't pay attention to the warnings.

But it's hard to say to him that he's his own worst enemy ~ he often gets anxious and then gets the feeling that he can't get enough air.....it's a nasty circle that he can't seem to get out of.

Hopefully, being in the best 'teaching hospital' in the area, he will have someone find the root cause and get it straightened out. But for now he's got a ways to go.....

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
Cookin Lore wrote: We are soooo lucky to have excellent health care available.  Much of the world does not!  Has there been a cause determined for that massive nose bleed?

The only thing they have come up with is when they gave him 'home oxygen' he insisted on using it more than recommended and he dried out his airway.  It's happened before and he didn't pay attention to the warnings.

But it's hard to say to him that he's his own worst enemy ~ he often gets anxious and then gets the feeling that he can't get enough air.....it's a nasty circle that he can't seem to get out of.

Hopefully, being in the best 'teaching hospital' in the area, he will have someone find the root cause and get it straightened out.  But for now he's got a ways to go.....

I know what Bill is going through. I get the same issues with dryness in the nasal passages, and if I get excited or get to a state of anxiety, I gasp for O2 and get the feeling I'm going to get light headed and pass out.
I was an gel cream to coat the nose passages when it is dry in the environment. Plus I stay hydrated. My oxygen air separator machine also has an bottle that adds moisture into the canula hose O2 mask / system.
I also blow my nose easily. Especially if the humidity is low.
The nasal gel is AYR Saline Nasal Gel .Over the counter item.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a whole chicken that I cut the back bone out of ~ want to put it on the gas grill so Dane has something to pick at for the week. I thought it would be something that he likes and he can eat re-heated or cold or put it on a salad....

I was going to fix it for tonight but neighbor Jim called and wants to go out ~ and that sounds really good. So that's why the chicken is being grilled now so I can cool it down and stick it in the refrigerator before we go later.

Tomorrow I'll be up at the hospital to take some needed things to Lyn. Her sister is flying in from Cleveland today to stay at the hotel with her so she's not alone. Fortunately, the other car was just sitting in the garage so she told me to go get it and call me from her house. I 'FaceTime' called her and walked around her house so she could tell me what clothes to bring from her closet and where the medical reports were in the office she need to have to share with the hospital staff. ain't technology great?

She's holding up but it's nice to know she'll have her sister with her. There are other good friends who are going to the hospital today, their Chinese friends (Bill's former co-professor & his wife), and a couple they've known since their college days. So I'm happy she'll be in good hands and the visits will help take her mind off all the 'what-if's and could-be's'

JanaAZ

I’m really working on emptying one of my freezers. This was a pork loin I needed to use. I stuffed it with spinach and mushrooms and a few other things and you know Steve, there was mashed potatoes and gravy with it

July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 Img_9318

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:

I’m really working on emptying one of my freezers. This was a pork loin I needed to use. I stuffed it with spinach and mushrooms and a few other things  and you know Steve, there was mashed potatoes and gravy with it

July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 Img_9318

It looks like a fabulous picture! Very nice.....

bethk

bethk
Admin

I found these Itty Bitty Baby Potatoes on sale ~ 2 / $5 (16 oz. bags) at Publix today. I couldn't resist! I was going to cook them for supper tonight but got talked into going out to eat (I didn't put up much of a fight.....)

But I did get my spatchcocked chicken grilled & then broke it down to soup meat (dark meat) and the breast to eat re-heated or for sandwiches. The bones & skin will be made into stock & the dark meat added to the freezer container later in the week.

So, for now, the potatoes will sit and I'll think about them until I decide to make a meal.....

July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 07_30_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had a Shark Meal today. All the kids were here for Crab Cakes
breaded shrimp, and boiled peel and eat shrimp

DD Maria made stuffed shells pasta ....... The ovens and cooktops were pumping out the heat.
Thank god it was a cooler day. Still we had to crank the A/C on lower.
I could imagine the electric bill this month!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I went to our local farmers’ market yesterday. Bought some sausages. Never had them before, he said they were pork, sage and buttermilk. Very good, nice and spicy. Did them in the oven and a sweet potato beside them. Veggie was a nice yellow tomato. Easy peasy and yummy!"

July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 07_30_16

NormM

NormM

I didn't take any pictures of dinner last night but Charlie & crew came home early.  A garbage truck damaged one of their tents when it picked up a dumpster and then it started raining.  I was expecting another day of peace and quiet but not to be.  I had to think of something to feed them. It happened that the day before I had bought a whole beef tenderloin which I was going to cut into stakes and freeze them so I cut 5 steaks for dinner and froze the rest. I may make bulgogi with the rest in a week or so. I cooked the steaks on the grill with Montreal Steak seasoning.  At the store I got corn on the  cob and cooked it in the oven with the husks on.  I just put them in a cold oven, turned it on @ 400º and 30 minutes later they were done.  They are easy to shuck that way and the shucks can be left on as a handle. I made some air fryer French fries and some strawberry/blueberry short cake.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

cookingirl

cookingirl

Yes, this is long lost Cindy.. I am sure everyone is upset/mad at me for not posting. I keep updated with all the posts.

First of all, I want to send Jimmy, Tina and family my condolences about Uncle Elmer. I know Tina went above and beyond what was humanely necessary, in order to keep him at home, happy and comfortable. She is truly an angel.

Beth, I am sorry Lynn and her husband are going through so much. It must be so heartbreaking. You are a wonderful friend.

As for me, I really do not cook, anymore. I do some quick stuff, but nothing elaborate. They do have a required meal plan in here-- food is horrible. I do grab some salads and some baked potato and chicken breast, and augment it from there; Or I find something else to eat.

I find it very difficult to cook in a teeny, tiny apartment, with a Barbie doll size stove, no dishwasher and practically no counter space. My oven is horrible also.. All cheap appliances.
Ok-- pity cooking party is over.

I have been going though a lot of medical stuff.. so no pity party there.

Geoffrey is still around. It has been over a year since his Cancer diagnosis. I am still giving him chemo at home, every other day. He has his good days and bad days.. mostly good days.
He is my cuddle cat. and so talkative. Calls me to cuddle, tells me he used the litter box, when he wants different food, when he wants to be brushed,  when he has an upset stomach... always talking. We have conversations.

He is such a sweet boy.. All the Vets and Techs always tell me that. He still has so much anxiety. It has never really abated. Gotten a bit better, but still anxious. Geoffrey cuddles on my lap every night, as soon as it gets darker.. During the day, he is usually on top of my bed.. Afternoon he is trying to sit next to me on the recliner, or in his 'carrier'; which I leave out. It has turned into his 'house'.  He cuddles almost all night with me, in bed. Sweet boy.

I have been writing articles for the building's newspaper---the history of things in the city.. never wrote before, so I have discovered I have a talent I never knew.

I have also been very vocal in here, about issues--- I speak my mind. I am kind of known as a person who is not afraid to speak the truth, and sugar coat things. Another thing I never did.

My latest adventure is bringing a monthly Catholic Mass in here. Yes, a Catholic Mass in a Jewish owned building!  A lot of headaches getting this done and setting it up.. I am pretty much in charge of it; by default!!  I had to learn how to set up the altar and overcome my fear of speaking in public. It is still a hassle. We have only had 2 masses; but they were such a big hit in here. Last Mass, I actually saw a woman, with a walker who had tears in her eyes. I asked her if she was ok, she said yes, but kind of shook her head. Then I asked if the Mass was ok for her?
She said it 'hit' her, that she finally went to mass, and received communion!!  Also some great comments... Last mass, we even had 4 Jewish women in there!

When I announced the upcoming Mass, I let it be known that it, 'Every one is welcome, regardless of religion, denomination."..  It is a lot of work, and I need helpers.. I have been feeling overwhelmed by all the responsibilities, and dealing with semi-co-team members...
But, I can do it. I feel it is really important to have this in the building. The Rabbi is backing this!!

Oh, I also play bocce and corn hole, once a week. I am a bit better in Bocce than I am in cornhole. I was never an athlete, but everyone is welcome to play, despite how good they are or are not.

Between that and doctors visits, Geoffrey, and other stuff;  I keep busy. I stay home a lot; due to finances. This is a reason why Geoffrey is so close to me.. Sometimes I feel he would do better with another cat friend. I cannot afford one; plus, emotionally and physically taking care of another kitty is too much. I seem to have really bad luck with cats.. always sick ones.

This is pretty much what I have been up to...

July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 Img_1414

bethk, NormM, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

Cookin Lore

Welcome Back! It's nice to hear from old friends for catching up. I think most of us have to learn new stuff as we get older, so good for you Cindy, for picking up the slack and getting stuff organized in your building. I am also doing things in my building, although mine is basically what I have done most of my life.

But, I haven't organized anything religious. I will definitely leave that to others.

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

It is wonderful to hear from you, Cyn!

And stop thinking anyone is mad at you ~ we're not that kind of group and you know it!

It's good to hear you're expanding your interests and taking up causes that are needed but no one else would start. You can see now that you are WAY STRONGER than you gave yourself credit for!

I try to stay quiet about religion because I'm always afraid God will send down lightening bolts and they might hit anyone close by me! LOL (Nah ~ HE loves me, too! Hahahahahaha)

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:I didn't take any pictures of dinner last night but Charlie & crew came home early.  A garbage truck damaged one of their tents when it picked up a dumpster and then it started raining.  I was expecting another day of peace and quiet but not to be.  I had to think of something to feed them. It happened that the day before I had bought a whole beef tenderloin which I was going to cut into stakes and freeze them so I cut 5 steaks for dinner and froze the rest. I may make bulgogi with the rest in a week or so. I cooked the steaks on the grill with Montreal Steak seasoning.  At the store I got corn on the  cob and cooked it in the oven with the husks on.  I just put them in a cold oven, turned it on @ 400º and 30 minutes later they were done.  They are easy to shuck that way and the shucks can be left on as a handle. I made some air fryer French fries and some strawberry/blueberry short cake.

WOW! What a great, spur-of-the-moment, short order cook you are!

I'll bet Charlie & his friends really appreciated your hard work!

NormM, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

cookingirl

cookingirl

Thanks.. I was kind of afraid of how I would be perceived, after such a long period of being missing.

Yes, I have been doing a lot of historical research, on line, and some in person. I always enjoyed history; but writing was never a talent I thought I had. My articles are well received. I have been told they are the best ones in the newspaper!  Also told that I am getting better and better at it! I include images/pictures also.

Also going to some lectures at the city's historical society. A good thing to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I attend with a couple of friends.. We have been going out to eat afterward.

I will not go into the Mass; except to say: I do not know why I am doing this?!! It is so far beyond me.. I would never in a million years think I could or would do this..

I am really stretching my boundaries... seriously.. Getting involved in things I would never have done in the past. I may alienate some people, and get myself upset; but, I am learning so much.
Trying to keep my brain active. I am online a lot.

As far as cooking: today I made an easy, quick stovetop frittata. It was with a couple of eggs, a sliced potato, some veggies... nothing elaborate, but good for me. I have not had this in a while, so it was good.  

Geoffrey was very adventurous this afternoon. I went out to the trash room. When I returned, I immediately washed my hands. The door did not close all the way; and I  did not realize it. I then sat down to the laptop; hearing very loud meowing.. Very loud and very frequent--- it was Geoffrey. I never heard him cry so loud and so much.. almost as if he was in pain.. At first I thought he was just talking to me; but, no, he sounded in pain and so loud. I could not imagine where he was. He was just in the living room with me.

I put the laptop on the floor, looked around--- saw the door partially opened.. and then heard his caterwauling!!  OMG.. He walked out the door. Never in a million years would I ever think he would do that!!  Door still open, I heard him in the corridor!

Thank Goodness he was not far away.. He turned left, which is the shortest distance from my door and a dead end!  He saw me, ran past me--very fast; could not catch him. I kept calling him, he ran back, saw the door open, sniffed and ran back inside!!

If he had turned right, there would be a good chance I could not catch him. That way leads to the rest of the floor!

Crazy cat!!  He is always afraid of leaving the apartment.. What got into his head, I do not know... Now he is lying at the foot of my recliner-- foot end up-- and his body is right up against my lower leg...

Crazy cat--- time for his evening meds.

Geoffrey:July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 Img_1415

Tomorrow is Bocce. Wednesday is cornhole.
Since it is an election year, with a ton of new candidates; the building is having each one come in to give their spell. Wednesday night is one.. I may go. They had one yesterday, but I did not attend the meeting..

Who knows what I will have tomorrow for supper? I have a ton of food in freezer and refrigerator.

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Garlic butterflied shrimp from Costco, scallops done in my oven. Peach, corn, tomato, yellow pepper, a bit of onion, a mix of parsley and cilantro, s/p a bit of oil and a chopped jalapanjo made a tasty salsa/salad to go with my seafood. I am on the cilantro hater side, but decided that I should get over it. So, I chopped basically half cilantro, half parsley. Not bad."

July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 07_31_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Yes, this is long lost Cindy.. I am sure everyone is upset/mad at me for not posting. I keep updated with all the posts.

First of all, I want to send Jimmy, Tina and family my condolences about Uncle Elmer. I know Tina went above and beyond what was humanely necessary, in order to keep him at home, happy and comfortable. She is truly an angel.

Beth, I am sorry Lynn and her husband are going through so much. It must be so heartbreaking. You are a wonderful friend.

As for me, I really do not cook, anymore. I do some quick stuff, but nothing elaborate. They do have a required meal plan in here-- food is horrible. I do grab some salads and some baked potato and chicken breast, and augment it from there; Or I find something else to eat.

I find it very difficult to cook in a teeny, tiny apartment, with a Barbie doll size stove, no dishwasher and practically no counter space. My oven is horrible also.. All cheap appliances.
Ok-- pity cooking party is over.

I have been going though a lot of medical stuff.. so no pity party there.

Geoffrey is still around. It has been over a year since his Cancer diagnosis. I am still giving him chemo at home, every other day. He has his good days and bad days.. mostly good days.
He is my cuddle cat. and so talkative. Calls me to cuddle, tells me he used the litter box, when he wants different food, when he wants to be brushed,  when he has an upset stomach... always talking. We have conversations.

He is such a sweet boy.. All the Vets and Techs always tell me that. He still has so much anxiety. It has never really abated. Gotten a bit better, but still anxious. Geoffrey cuddles on my lap every night, as soon as it gets darker.. During the day, he is usually on top of my bed.. Afternoon he is trying to sit next to me on the recliner, or in his 'carrier'; which I leave out. It has turned into his 'house'.  He cuddles almost all night with me, in bed. Sweet boy.

I have been writing articles for the building's newspaper---the history of things in the city.. never wrote before, so I have discovered I have a talent I never knew.

I have also been very vocal in here, about issues--- I speak my mind. I am kind of known as a person who is not afraid to speak the truth, and sugar coat things. Another thing I never did.

My latest adventure is bringing a monthly Catholic Mass in here. Yes, a Catholic Mass in a Jewish owned building!  A lot of headaches getting this done and setting it up.. I am pretty much in charge of it; by default!!  I had to learn how to set up the altar and overcome my fear of speaking in public. It is still a hassle. We have only had 2 masses; but they were such a big hit in here. Last Mass, I actually saw a woman, with a walker who had tears in her eyes. I asked her if she was ok, she said yes, but kind of shook her head. Then I asked if the Mass was ok for her?
She said it 'hit' her, that she finally went to mass, and received communion!!  Also some great comments... Last mass, we even had 4 Jewish women in there!

When I announced the upcoming Mass, I let it be known that it, 'Every one is welcome, regardless of religion, denomination."..  It is a lot of work, and I need helpers.. I have been feeling overwhelmed by all the responsibilities, and dealing with semi-co-team members...
But, I can do it. I feel it is really important to have this in the building. The Rabbi is backing this!!

Oh, I also play bocce and corn hole, once a week. I am a bit better in Bocce than I am in cornhole. I was never an athlete, but everyone is welcome to play, despite how good they are or are not.

Between that and doctors visits, Geoffrey, and other stuff;  I keep busy. I stay home a lot; due to finances. This is a reason why Geoffrey is so close to me.. Sometimes I feel he would do better with another cat friend. I cannot afford one; plus, emotionally and physically taking care of another kitty is too much. I seem to have really bad luck with cats.. always sick ones.

This is pretty much what I have been up to...

July, 2023!  Happy Canada Day for us, let's start that outside summer cooking! - Page 7 Img_1414

Great to hear from you Cindy. Thank you for the good mention for Tina & her uncle. Tina always asked if Cindy is OK, and I told her, she may be having issues, and she will emerge when she feels in a better feeling. As far as being such a great follower of God and the son of God, it is the strength in your soul as you are requested by God to spread his word. I tell Tina to stop what she is doing, and rest. She said, I feel as if I was picked by god to help others. When her uncle had the stroke, and she took him under her wing, he said in a slurred speech, Tina my Angel, help me go home. pale And she kept him at ease and comfortable.
Remember, there will be barrier's in religion, but keep strong to protect it and keep it alive. This new young generation has no interest in a religion.
It's a shame.

bethk and cookingirl like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's been a great July, and so, make your last posts and
go to the new August 2023 Thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum