Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking!

+2
NormM
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:03 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm at a complete loss as to what to make for supper......

Hopefully my morning coffee will kick in and I'll come up with a tasty idea!

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

2February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK ~ so the coffee and a look back gave me the inspiration I needed.

Supper will be Shrimp Florentine on Linguini!

Woo Hoo!! The hardest part is over once you come up with the idea!

(thanks, Lore! LOL)

3February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Turns out I had fettuccini (not linguini) so here's Creamy Shrimp Florentine on Fettuccini:

Saute Cajun seasoned shrimps in olive oil & butter until almost done:
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_01_15

Remove shrimps & saute shallot in a bit more olive oil & butter, add white wine (pinot grigio) and reduce until almost dry.
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_01_16

Add a bit of chicken stock and half & half, reduce ~ add spinach & allow to wilt. Re-add shrimp & heat through.
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_01_17

Divide fettuccini between serving dishes & spoon over Shrimp Fettuccini.
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_01_18

Supper is served!
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_01_19

4February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:45 pm

NormM

NormM

i was wondering what to have for dinner when Charlie told me he was making kimchi stew. He used some of the beef bone soup base I made a few days ago. I don't know what all he put in it but besides kimchi and bone soup broth, there was some tofu and spam. February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Img_0616

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Pork loin slice, Hasselback potato and red and yellow tomato salad with onion and parsley."

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_02_20

6February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just got home after spending the day shopping in Tampa with Lyn. It was one of our "Get-Outta-Dodge" days.....just taking some time to do something different.

We had a lovely lunch at the Nordstrom's restaurant and then went shopping for clothes.....NOT my favorite thing to do but something I really needed to take some time to do. I hate trying on clothes. I did find 3 pair of capris that actually fit (and didn't make me look like I shopped at 'Omar the Tent Maker Shop'). Unfortunately I couldn't find any appropriate tops to go with the capris so I'll have to do more shopping around here sometime soon.

But it was great getting away for a day and not have to deal with the same old things.

7February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:26 pm

JanaAZ

Today was Steve’s birthday and he had a bunch of food requests. He usually asks for German chocolate cake so I made that and crazy guy ate it for breakfast. For dinner he requested veal scallopini, spaetzle and asparagus with olive oil, lemon and parm. Yum February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 2c85ba10
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 3b791b10

8February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Neighbor Jim wants to go out this evening. I offered to make something but he preferred going to his favorite Chinese restaurant.

I'd hate to disappoint him.........

LOL

9February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:46 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. NY strip steak, sweet potato done in my oven using the air fry feature. Steak was a bit overdone. However, overdone steak is better than no steak, right? Tomato, avocado and feta slices dressed with a bit of oil, salt/pepper and parsley. Steak was definitely more than I needed, but I was hungry, and it was sooooo good!

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_03_10

10February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's been struggling with a (hopefully) mild case of diverticulosis ~ it was suggested when he complained of gut pain and had an elevated white blood cell count at his bi-annual VA appointment last week. He was given a two week supply of antibiotics and has another appointment for further testing.

He's finding many things are bothering his digestive trac ~ and I'm trying to come up with ideas for meals that aren't spicy (which seems to bother him a lot right now) and not too heavy. I suggested he try eating smaller meals a few hours apart.....and sometimes he does give that a try.

He ate about half of his supper tonight, placed the remainder on a plate & covered to go into the refrigerator for tomorrow's lunch. He said it was really tasty but he didn't want to over-do. I think that's probably wise on his part.

Anyway, tonight was a Blast From the Past ~ Breaded Pork Chops, baked sweet potato & green beans.

The pork was seasoned, dusted with flour, into an egg wash and then into crushed panko. I browned the chops in a bit of oil and then finished them in the toaster oven on a rack so any extra oil would drain off. I let them roast for about 40 minutes at 300° and they came out Not-Greasy and nice and tender. Love pork on a bone!

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_04_19

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

11February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:45 pm

JanaAZ

I had some leftover lamb left and I was going to make pasties but I got lazy. A while back I saw a recipe for shepherds pie soup so I decided to make that. It was sort of a cross between a soup and stew. I’m pretty glad I did. As usual, I played with the recipe but not that much. He asked me to make it again. We really liked the potato puffs on top.

again.February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 199fd510

bethk, NormM, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

12February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You had me at potato puffs!

Looks yummy!

UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

13February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight was liverwurst on rye, pickle to nibble on, and cabbage salad.
Oh' I forgot..... 4 green onions to nibble on also!
Heh! ..... I felt like a German Rabbit in my pen.

bethk likes this post

14February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:17 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Dane's been struggling with a (hopefully) mild case of diverticulosis ~ it was suggested when he complained of gut pain and had an elevated white blood cell count at his bi-annual VA appointment last week.  He was given a two week supply of antibiotics and has another appointment for further testing.

He's finding many things are bothering his digestive trac ~ and I'm trying to come up with ideas for meals that aren't spicy (which seems to bother him a lot right now) and not too heavy.  I suggested he try eating smaller meals a few hours apart.....and sometimes he does give that a try.  

He ate about half of his supper tonight, placed the remainder on a plate & covered to go into the refrigerator for tomorrow's lunch.  He said it was really tasty but he didn't want to over-do.  I think that's probably wise on his part.

Anyway, tonight was a Blast From the Past ~ Breaded Pork Chops, baked sweet potato & green beans.  

The pork was seasoned, dusted with flour, into an egg wash and then into crushed panko.  I browned the chops in a bit of oil and then finished them in the toaster oven on a rack so any extra oil would drain off.  I let them roast for about 40 minutes at 300° and they came out Not-Greasy and nice and tender.  Love pork on a bone!

Stay away from fried foods. Use Citrucel or Metamucil at bedtime. ....Sorry to hear Dane has diverticulosis. I have it too Beth. Once he heals, he can go back to lite oils and mild spices. Stay away from seeds and popcorn and canned corn. That corn is like a bunch of little suction cups waiting to hold on and hide in the folds. Watch for blood, and schedule a colonoscopy. Oh! and don't forget fiber like in cereal or bran.
I love poppy seeds like on a nice Kaiser roll, or even sesame seeds, but if I do eat them, I usually sometime, get an attack. That's when I could kick myself for eating them.LOL

bethk and cookingirl like this post

15February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Trying to make 'bland' suppers is horrible. I hope he heals quickly.....

Poached chicken with a light cream gravy. He didn't put any gravy on his potato ~ just a bit of butter.

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_05_21

cookingirl likes this post

16February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:02 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

I apologize to everyone for not posting.. It has been quite a year... I am not cooking but I do read all the posts.. and I am so sorry if id ignore people, put them on internet "hold" and stuff..

It has been a very tuff, emotional and physically drain year for me.. I apologize to everyone on here.. Too much to explain as far as what has been happening to me.../

I want each and every member on this forum.. that I love them all.. I watch the posts.. not fail, but I do keep in touch with what is happening to all

I am not cooking.. Honestly; because of this, I do not feel worthy of posting in here..
As an example:  I picked up a small chicken Parm sub for supper.. I did grocery shopping today, and they had some small subs available.. I got one for supper...

I love and respect each and every member on this forum..  Please forgive my abs one.. It was never done maliciously.. never done with the idea of ignore everyone here.. I love all of you.. I do consider your friends.. but... medical-- mostly..and some finacialy things have gotten in the way of me cooking.. and resulting in me fereling inadequate in posting..

Please know that I love each and every one of the posters on the site.. And I thank each and every one of your for you internet friendship..

NO.. not a farewell... just a weird update about me.

love,I love you
Code:
[hide][/hide]

pictures of Geofrey and me at close to my worst;;
Cindy and Geoffrey

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

17February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:07 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Img_1412
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Img_1413
February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Img_1211

18February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:08 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

DAm computer or URL is not allowing me to send what I want to send.. so you guys got duplicate and none of what I really wanted to send...dam

19February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Got all my ideas from a book called “my Greek table” lamb chops, roasted potatoes with lemon/honey dressing, Greek village salad, and I can’t believe I forgot the Feta on the salad!"

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_05_22

bethk, cookingirl, UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

20February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Cyn, you don't have to cook to still come when you can/feel like posting.....it's all just fine. You're always welcome!

Geoffrey is gorgeous! I'm so happy you have a buddy!

21February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Last evening was our first 'indoor' patio party ~ the older our neighbors get the less inclined they are to venture outside if the temperature drops below 80°.

And as with any 'new' idea (for which there are usually 15 nay-sayers) I worked to get people excited about the prospect of a pot luck supper with their neighbors.

And I'm happy that we had a great turnout. We usually get 30 or so people who come to our outside patio parties but I had 44 respond to my pleas for a R.S.V.P. and everyone showed up!

We did bribe them with the promise of 'free' fried chicken from Publix ~ our social club treasury was in good shape since we didn't do anything for the last 2 - 3 years due to covid. I did have too much chicken ordered ~ I had gone by the catering guidelines of 3 pieces per person but discovered for future reference to plan on 1-1/2 pieces per person.....as some had two pieces and many had none, opting more for the wide array of side dishes & salads ~ and DESSERTS ~ that were brought.

22February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

A steak with shells pasta and fried chopped onions (w) red kidney beans.

bethk and cookingirl like this post

23February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Trying to come up with 'easy on the stomach' meal ideas is even more difficult than coming up with another meal idea for every day......

(( sigh ))

But I decided maybe Chicken & Noodles over Mashed Potatoes would be a good idea (although NOT good for MY waistline) so that's what I'm making.....I'm even planning on leftovers because my bland meal ideas are really few & far between.

I poached a chicken breast in homemade chicken stock and shredded it. I have some celery, carrots & a bit of onion simmering in more stock and I'll make homemade noodles.

24February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper was pretty darn tasty.....

Mashed Potatoes with Chicken & Noodles spooned over........

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_07_14

25February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Empty Re: February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Just a salad. Red and yellow pepper;tomato; avocado; onion, feta and parsley. I was snacking sausage and other stuff earlier. Yumm!"

February, 2023 ~ Let's get cooking! 02_08_12

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum