Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen!

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I doubt there will be cooking in my kitchen yet again tonight.

He's still not up to par ~ except for his daily trip to the golf course!

But he may change his mind and ask for a little something to be made ~ only time will tell.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gosh oh gee. Not even a thought for dinner? Breaded shrimp sounds ok. Maybe a couple of slider burgers.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE decided he wanted FOOD.....so we're giving some chicken cutlets, green beans and bok choy a try. I sure hope he's not writhing in pain in the middle of the night again.

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 04_01_13

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The burger was a go for me, and the egg salad was for Tina. She is having
Stomach issues with heartburn.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made the hour+ drive to close to the Gulf Coast to go to my favorite Seafood Store ~ my freezer supply was running low (although not completely empty) and I wanted to be sure I had seafood to cook as that's usually a meal HE can eat without problem.

I got a beautiful Scottish salmon filet and 4 smallish grouper fillets ~ enough for 8 servings for each of us. I also got some more of the frozen Key West shrimp, always a good meal choice.

HE'S still feeling crummy so he's on eggs....and eggs. I'll either go out to pick up something 'to go' or find something that sounds good. Right now I'm not hungry in the least so I'm not sure what my choice will be this evening.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lasagna's done (two 13x9 and one 12x8 pan ) .......
Mary across the street gets one who never had the no boil noodles We'll eat when the kids get here later.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I cooked some Hawaiian pork, marinated the bone in porkchops with pineapple juice + tomato ketchup + coconut sugar, grated ginger, pressed garlic, s&p, 1 tsp sesame oil and a bit of mirin. We ate it over steamed rice
April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 2f5d0310

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE and I have to move......

We were home this afternoon, sat in our courtyard for a bit and then both came in to watch TV. About 15 minutes later HE went back out to the courtyard for something and discovered our large umbrella, in a heavy, secure stand was missing!

HE came to tell me someone STOLE our umbrella ~ must have climbed OVER our 6' concrete wall in the middle of the day.....

So I, being the good neighbor that I am, sent an email to everyone in our neighborhood to alert them to a thief, a very brazen thief, who stole our umbrella.

Five minutes later, BEFORE I CALLED THE POLICE ~ THANK GOODNESS ~ ~ Our neighbor behind us who shares a wall with us went out to check for HIS furniture, etc. sitting in his courtyard......

AND DISCOVERED OUR UMBRELLA!!!!

Even though it wasn't windy, apparently there was some freeky wind that caught our umbrella and blew it over the wall to our neighbor's courtyard.

I immediately sent a correction/retraction of my ''WARNING, WARNING! WE HAVE A THIEF AMONG US!!!" email to admit my stupidity......

So, YES, now we have to move to another home......I'm too embarrassed to show my face in the neighborhood......

NormM

NormM

We had shrimp in a cream sauce with linguine, spinach and sun dried tomatoes April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! Img_0810
April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! Img_0811

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

JanaAZ

We held our annual Pierogi day with some of our closest friends attending. We had Pierogi, stuffed cabbage, Polish sausage, homemade sauerkraut, a few Polish salads, and for dessert we had szarlotka, hamentashen, and flourless chocolate cake for a GF friend. Oh yes, lots of wine lol

It’s not letting me upload all the photos so I’ll do it I. A few separate posts. The first are the Pierogi

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! Bdd14510
April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 5fd4db10

JanaAZ

The other main dishes and sides didn’t look as pretty so I won’t bother with additional posts however, the desserts…oh the desserts

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Another piece of the fabulous pieces of calamari steaks I have found at Costco. Pan fried in my grill pan on top of my stove. Fingerling potatoes roasted in the oven and steamed fresh asparagus! Yumm."

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 04_02_15

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking here.....again.

Dane decided he didn't want to disappoint neighbor Jim when he asked us to go out to eat with him. We've turned him down no less than 5 times since Dane started feeling poorly ~ so it was Dane's idea (which means I don't get blamed if he chose wrong.....) and we went out.

HE had some grilled mahi mahi ~ without seasoning ~ and a dinner salad. Actually, that shouldn't bother him but I'm not taking any bets on anything these days.

I just had a cup of French Onion Soup and that was fine for me.

Dane said he'll call me from work if he wants me to cook supper tomorrow. It may be a basted egg supper night.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was frozen breaded shrimp and tater tots heated in the toaster oven.
Melted butter and cocktail sauce to dip into. Tina had her usual 1 &1/2 shrimp and one tater tot.
She is not a fan of seafood, and plus, her stomach is hearting

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I am sooooo not into doing anything interesting these days. Had a shift at the thrift shop today, so I took a chicken leg out of the freezer before I left, threw that in the oven when I came home, added a potato and then steamed some sprouts. I love plain sprouts with just a little butter and salt. Yumm!"

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 04_03_17

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE decided it was a good idea for me to cook tonight. He wasn't sure since we had gone out last night and he had the grilled mahi w/salad. But, apparently it didn't upset his system so he was fine with a meal tonight.

I do like the Key West Shrimp I buy at my favorite seafood market. It may be an hour+ drive but to get good tasting fish is worth it. This was the last of the shrimp I had purchased a few months ago ~ it stays in the freezer, double bagged and still fresh tasting when thawed & cleaned. It's a bit of a job to shell & de-vein but the taste is worth the effort.

I probably shouldn't have used any carrots in the vegetable spaghetti ~ carrot, yellow squash, green zucchini & onion ~ but it's needed to have the right color! Besides, as long as I only use a little it doesn't seem to create a problem for him. The green beans are from our patio pots.

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 04_04_20

Cookin Lore

No cooking today for me. Went out for lunch to a great Chinese buffet restaurant with the 5 other members of our Social committee in the building. Because of Covid, not many events have been planned here for a while, but we're gearing up for a busy summer. Next on the agenda is a Cinco de Mayo party. Our Board of directors paid for us to go out for lunch. Yumm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a soup. A Styrofoam cup of noodle chickn flavored.
Tina had a cup of mashed potatoes with gravy.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had planned on making something with chicken breast for supper but it just didn't sound good to me (as in: I'm sick and tired of chicken......) I checked the refrigerator and saw the bunch of asparagus and suddenly came up with a ham & asparagus frittata.

Easy. Quick. And NOT chicken......

So, that's what we had. I even grabbed some of that fabulous olive bread from Fresh Market to toast up. That's always such a treat!

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 04_05_15

JanaAZ

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I had a soup. A Styrofoam cup of noodle chickn flavored.
Tina had a cup of mashed potatoes with gravy.

Gee, I thought I was the only one who did that. Yay for Tina

Cookin Lore

I just had a very large piece of a quiche I picked up at the grocery store. Very good. My family (not being very religious) never did much of an Easter thing................... But, considering that it seems to be everywhere, I called, actually texted my childen, That I'd like to have them here for dinner this weekend.. I am adaptable, so it's going to be Saturday evening. Gotta come up with diner, it will definitely NOT be turkey. One daughter-in-law definitely does no like my fav.................... seafood................. so, we'll see. Gotta make up the menu and go shopping tomorrow

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[size=18]It was great delicious shrimp stir fry rice ( frozen ) in a box. It was hot spicy
so Tina couldn't handle it, so she had a slice of frozen pizza that we freeze, and then in the
toaster oven to heat it. Naturally, I got the dirty eye looks because I ate 1- 1/2 cups of it.
Also, my daughter flipped when I added 1 tsp. of soy sauce.
......... Of course I came back and replied, "If it is gonna kill me, then at least I will die happy!"

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I finally decided on the Mediterranean Chicken Salad for supper. It's been a while since I've made it (I think) and nothing else sounds interesting to me.

So, the pounded chicken cutlets are slathered with the Hungarian Paprika, Greek Oregano, S&P and Olive Oil.....oh, and this time I added a bit of the lemon zest.....thought it might add a little something.

The Salad is chopped & marinating in the dressing: Equal parts lemon juice & olive oil, some Greek Oregano and S&P. The vegetables are chopped (seeded) English Cucumber, Sweet Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion (soaked in ice water & then dried) and fresh parsley.

This is such an easy salad ~ but really very tasty and a complete meal for a warm evening.

bethk

bethk
Admin

It is nice this is a meal HE can eat without intestinal distress.....he actually seems to enjoy it every time I make it.

I like that it's better when it's made earlier in the day and has time to let the flavors meld ~ and there's nothing in the salad that wilts or gets mushy even if it sits overnight. (not that I've had leftovers for my breakfast.....no, not ME! LOL)

April, 2023 ~ No foolin' around.....get busy in the kitchen! 04_06_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

There was nothing special last night....... Just spaghetti and meat balls, and sausage.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum