Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, what's on the menu??

+4
cookingirl
JanaAZ
bethk
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

126March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Pizza made on a small flatbread. Tomato sauce, olives, red pepper, sausage, anchovies, cheese. Yumm!"

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_26_12

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

127March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:25 am

Cookin Lore

Thanks, Beth. Unfortunately, dinner was not a good choice. I woke up about 2:30 with a terrible pain in my back, middle, front, don't know how to describe the region of my body. It was a classic gall bladder attack, even though I don't have a gall bladder any more. Too much fat for my liver to process properly. Sausage, anchovies in oil, and then a LOT of cheese. I think this was a wakeup call in the true sense of the word.

128March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:39 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

On the bright side.....

(IF there is one)

You're doing better this morning and now you'll adjust so it doesn't happen again.

(Personally, I'm voting for the anchovies being the culprit... )

129March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:46 am

Cookin Lore

Thanks, yes. Gotta look at both sides. Guess I've been deluding myself that my diet was pretty good. I have also learned to like cream in some dishes. Not such a good idea either.

More snow today. I think it's a good day to go through my closet and do some serious culling.

bethk likes this post

130March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Planning on leftovers for supper.

I'm using the leftover broccoli to make some broccoli soup for lunch.

It was HIS idea so why not?

131March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cookin Lore wrote:Thanks, Beth.  Unfortunately, dinner was not a good choice.  I woke up about 2:30 with a terrible pain in my  back, middle, front, don't know how to describe the region of my body.  It was a classic gall bladder attack, even though I don't have a gall bladder any more.  Too much fat for my liver to process properly.    Sausage, anchovies in oil, and then a LOT of cheese.  I think this was a wakeup call in the true sense of the word.  
Sorry to hear that Lore!
It surely looks good, but did you maybe swallow some of that without chewing? Cheese lumps up in my stomach if I don't chew it well.
Then again, it could be the fats / oils.
Feel Better.

bethk likes this post

132March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm having lunch of shrimp, and mussels now. Just a slice of bread to soak up the juices!

bethk likes this post

133March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:58 pm

Cookin Lore

I definitely am a culprit of not chewing enough. My hubby said to me a few times that he wasn't going to take the food away from me! As for the anchovies, there were a lot, it was the end of the little jar, so glutton me wanted them all. I'm fine and will be very careful now, I surely don't need a problem now that I have basically all my plans organized for my trip.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

134March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

There were some nice snow peas on the patio pot plants that were ready to be picked so that determined supper tonight......Beef with Pea Pods.

Actually, just a beef stir fry since I always add as many vegetables as I have in the refrigerator. Which, tonight, will be pea pods, carrots, celery, onion & mushrooms.

I throw together a sauce of whatever sounds good to me from what's available in the pantry. I love having sweet soy sauces and rice wine......a little of this & a little of that along with some finely grated ginger that I have in the freezer ~ just take a chunk and grate it on the microplane and you've got super flavor in no time at all.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

135March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:55 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Oven baked pickerel, fingerling potatoes and steamed asparagus. I would have loved more asparagus, but I ate too much of it yesterday. It was on special at $1.99/pound should have bought more."

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_28_13

136March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The stir fry was tasty and no complaints were heard.....

(actually, I was too busy eating to even notice if HE made any comments.......LOL)

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_28_14

137March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was chicken soup tonight.
DD made a quiche but it was just out of the oven.... too hot.
So there is tomorrow. 2 girl  scout cookies for dessert.

bethk likes this post

138March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So far, it was Onion Soup that Tina made. It was so good, I had another
small 1/2 bowl .
Supper will be a sandwich of roast turkey breast. Butterball Brand.
My goodness, it is 5:00 PM, and it is bright as day and the sun shining.
Looks great after all the cloudy day's we had recently.

bethk likes this post

139March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, it's great to hear you talking about enjoying your meals again, albeit HEALTHY ones to keep you in tip-top shape.

I imagine you're actually feeling a lot better these days.

God bless Tina & Maria for all their efforts ~ and God bless YOU for going with their plan!

Tonight was Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes with Cream Pepper Gravy (OK, I added some onion too.....). The green beans were purchased and had good flavor but were stringY ~ Gross. Oh, and I had that Sweet Kale Salad from Sam's Club, too. Always a favorite!

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_29_13

140March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We're picking up Jake, our youngest grandson, who is visiting Florida during his 'Spring Break' from school (he's a high school senior this year). He's been at his other grandparents' who are about 1 1/2 hour drive from us. So, we'll drive to pick him up and then go to lunch in Tarpon Springs ~ Greek on the lunch menu I have a feeling.....

His grandparents offered to drive and meet us half way but we were planning to go to Tarpon Springs with him anyway and they're on the way.

So, if I don't show up for a couple days, it's because I'm busy with entertaining the boy!

141March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We're picking up Jake, our youngest grandson, who is visiting Florida during his 'Spring Break' from school (he's a high school senior this year).  He's been at his other grandparents' who are about 1 1/2 hour drive from us.  So, we'll drive to pick him up and then go to lunch in Tarpon Springs ~ Greek on the lunch menu I have a feeling.....

His grandparents offered to drive and meet us half way but we were planning to go to Tarpon Springs with him anyway and they're on the way.

So, if I don't show up for a couple days, it's because I'm busy with entertaining the boy!
Tell Jake we said hello. It's something to hear he is a senior already.
My My how quickly they grow. Hoe you ll have a great time.... bounce

142March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:[size=16]Jimmy, it's great to hear you talking about enjoying your meals again, albeit HEALTHY ones to keep you in tip-top shape.

I imagine you're actually feeling a lot better these days.

God bless Tina & Maria for all their efforts ~ and God bless YOU for going with their plan!

Thanks Beth. I'm trying, and taking trips to eat from my bedroom
where I sit to the kitchen. It,s an effort with the hoses and the breathing,
but I try. And Yes....The girls help me, and they accommodate my needs as
best as possible.

Imelda HL likes this post

143March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore"

"Dinner Tonight. Chicken cordon bleu, Hasselback potato, salad of cucumber, red pepper, avocado, parsley and an oil and lemon dressing."

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_30_16

144March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Beautiful, Lore ~ very nice!

145March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beef Stew tonight. Just a few unsalted crackers for me. ( unsalted )

bethk likes this post

146March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:00 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

We drove down state and picked Jake up at his 'other' grandparents' yesterday. Then we went to Tarpon Springs to check out the boats, trinket shops & have lunch. Seafood was in order ~ so fresh & delicious!

When we got back here there was time to relax in the sunshine and be happy the temperature at 85° was warmer than the 54° it was back home in Ohio.

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_30_17

When he got up this morning he asked if I'd make him breakfast ~ no question as to WHAT to fix for him......I've been making the same meal since he was about 18 months old!

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_31_13

He and Grandpa will head out in a bit to do some practice balls at the driving range and then play a round this afternoon.

I'm not sure what he'll request for supper but it doesn't matter ~ whatever I make will be good to him!

Then, one more breakfast in the morning before heading to the airport for him to fly back home. A very short (but sweet) visit.

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

147March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

After some discussion and offers, it's been decided supper will be Pork & Sauerkraut over Spaetzle......

Funny how both my daughters AND a grandson request the meal. It was always just a normal rotation menu when they were growing up. Now it's the #1 request when they're here.

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

148March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:35 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:We drove down state and picked Jake up at his 'other' grandparents' yesterday.  Then we went to Tarpon Springs to check out the boats, trinket shops & have lunch.  Seafood was in order ~ so fresh & delicious!

When we got back here there was time to relax in the sunshine and be happy the temperature at 85° was warmer than the 54° it was back home in Ohio.

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_30_17

When he got up this morning he asked if I'd make him breakfast ~ no question as to WHAT to fix for him......I've been making the same meal since he was about 18 months old!

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_31_13

He and Grandpa will head out in a bit to do some practice balls at the driving range and then play a round this afternoon.

I'm not sure what he'll request for supper but it doesn't matter ~ whatever I make will be good to him!

Then, one more breakfast in the morning before heading to the airport for him to fly back home.  A very short (but sweet) visit.

So sweet.. and he is reading a real book.. not holding a phone

D likes to tell me what his Mom cooked for them when they were growing up, like... fish for Friday, beans for Wednesday, macaroni for Monday, hamburgers and more  

bethk likes this post

149March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:

So sweet.. and he is reading a real book.. not holding a phone

Don't praise him too much yet.......I THINK it's a 'book' about playing games on his iPhone...... Hahahahahaha!

150March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane & Jake had a 4:00 tee time scheduled ~ the weather report said it would start raining around 6:00 p.m. ~ ~ after 6 holes they headed home. It had just started to rain and they didn't want to get caught in a downpour.

But, hey, 6 holes is better than none!

Dane had suggested I have supper ready for 6:00 (an hour later than usual) but I saw the skies getting darker and just had everything holding in a warm oven. Good call.

Everyone enjoyed their 'retro' meal ~ it's fun to make something that's a request!

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_31_14

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 6 03_31_15

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum