Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch?

+2
Crybaby
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

New Month.... wowww!

Had a egg fried on a bagel, with ham fried in black pepper and butter.
Topped with yellow cheese.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had peanut butter toast.

didn't bother with a pic.......Hahahahahaa!

Crybaby

Crybaby

The other day, thanks to drooling over Beth's recent picture, I had three (yes, three, I love eggs!) soft boiled eggs over one piece of dry wheat toast. I wouldn't have even tasted the butter so I decided not to use it -- plus it was my concession to eating three eggs!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I had peanut butter toast.

didn't bother with a pic.......Hahahahahaa!

Sounds good Beth. ?Did you ever try toast, peanut butter, and sliced canned peaches. OMG .... So good!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:The other day, thanks to drooling over Beth's recent picture, I had three (yes, three, I love eggs!) soft boiled eggs over one piece of dry wheat toast.  I wouldn't have even tasted the butter so I decided not to use it -- plus it was my concession to eating three eggs!

I had to laugh about the three eggs! Whenever I make two eggs, and eat them, I always say,"Boy, that tasted like more!" ..... So from now on, I always make that third egg! ... haaaa

bethk

bethk
Admin

soft boiled eggs are so easy and super quick. Love 'em!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

( Hands on sides of face; holding head up while elbows are propped on the counter. )
Tina fried me a broken yolk egg to hard, with fried bacon and yellow cheese, on a soft toasted Thomas' Bagel! Coffee, and a box of tissues to wipe my tears as I yawned every two minutes! And I don't know why!

bethk

bethk
Admin

You must have been dreaming of still being at work, Jimmy......

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You must have been dreaming of still being at work, Jimmy......

March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch? 2876911673 March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch? 2876911673 March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch? 2876911673

bethk

bethk
Admin

thought you'd find humor in that comment......

Hahahahahahaha!

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:soft boiled eggs are so easy and super quick.  Love 'em!

I know you said you boil yours for 5 minutes, Beth. You must keep them at a rapid boil for them to be done in 5, no?

Had them again the day before yesterday except this time, I pretended to be an adult and only had 2 with my dry toast. Drenched with Crystal Hot Sauce, of course. Dee-Lish!! Laughing

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, Michelle, the water stays at a full boil for the 5 minutes.....if you have extra large eggs I'd go to 5 1/2 minutes. I don't set the timer until the water is back at a boil after putting the eggs in. Sometimes it continues to boil so I start the timer immediately, other times the cold eggs stop the boiling.....and then when I see the bubbles again, I start the timer.

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Yes, Michelle, the water stays at a full boil for the 5 minutes.....if you have extra large eggs I'd go to 5 1/2 minutes.  I don't set the timer until the water is back at a boil after putting the eggs in.  Sometimes it continues to boil so I start the timer immediately, other times the cold eggs stop the boiling.....and then when I see the bubbles again, I start the timer.

I've been bringing mine back to a boil once I put the cold eggs in but then I've been turning it down to a healthy simmer. So I've been timing the eggs for 8 minutes and they've come out perfect. But I'm going to try it your way as I get tired of waiting. And, yes, I use extra large eggs.

Thanks for the confirmation, B.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Day 2 Chili......

Why is it the flavor is Oh, so much better by day 2? Oh, yeah, everything has had a chance to become friends during the refrigerator cool down! It was tasty yesterday but it was really good today!

March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch? IMG_20170315_133135787_HDR

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Day 2 Chili......

Why is it the flavor is Oh, so much better by day 2?  Oh, yeah, everything has had a chance to become friends during the refrigerator cool down!  It was tasty yesterday but it was really good today!

Agree wholeheartedly, Beth! Looks good.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Breakfast the day after St. Patrick's Day......

Corned Beef Hash w/egg!

March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch? IMG_20170318_102334128

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Breakfast the day after St. Patrick's Day......

Corned Beef Hash w/egg!

YUM! .... Egg perfect, but on the side for jimmy. LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

ah, but the yolk soaking down in the hash.....it's like a thick hollandaise sauce for me!

But you can have yours any way you'd like. I know, for Imelda, I'd make the yolk cooked completely or just leave it off altogether! To each their own.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:ah, but the yolk soaking down in the hash.....it's like a thick hollandaise sauce for me!

But you can have yours any way you'd like.  I know, for Imelda, I'd make the yolk cooked completely or just leave it off altogether!  To each their own.....
That is exactly the way Tina prepares her hash browns and eggs. Sh says the taste of the rich yolk, is what makes the hash browns taste better.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

For breakfast today, I made an fried egg / bacon / and yellow cheese, on a Kaiser roll toasted and buttered.
Hit the spot.

bethk

bethk
Admin

can't go wrong with a breakfast sandwich......

unless, of course, you add cheese to it. Then I'm out.

LOL

(glad you enjoyed it.....good for you!)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:can't go wrong with a breakfast sandwich......

unless, of course, you add cheese to it.  Then I'm out.

LOL

(glad you enjoyed it.....good for you!)

Oh!... I enjoyed it so much, I could go for one right now for a snack. I love when the egg gets crispy around the edges. One thing I did though, was I pulled out the inside of the roll. Way too much roll.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Breakfast the day after St. Patrick's Day......

Corned Beef Hash w/egg!

yum.. it will be my breakfast tomorrow.. well, I have to go to my kitchen and start cooking it now
Razz

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Hi Imelda.
Same here with cooking the corned beef now for today's dinner.

Today, Tina made me three ( yes three ) eggs scrambled with cheese!.... I don't know what ever possessed her to make me three??? She finished what I didn't.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Hi Imelda.
Same here with cooking the corned beef now for today's dinner.

Today, Tina made me three ( yes three ) eggs scrambled with cheese!.... I don't know what ever possessed her to make me three??? She finished what I didn't.

March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch? 3602300868March 2017, Whats for Breakfast. Lunch, and Brunch? 3602300868Jimmy, I just put it in the oven, covered with foil and bake it for 2 hours, then add some potatoes,carrots and cabbage

haha, the most I made eggs for Dirk was 2 only, I haven't had my breakfast yet, I just drank pure lemon juice from 1 lemon then 1 big cup of water, I'm thinking to have some sunflower seeds granola with a cup of latte.. we try to cut down our food intake, but it's hard to resist when I cook meat, oh we are big meat eater

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum