Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, what's on the menu??

+4
cookingirl
JanaAZ
bethk
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

101March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm hoping Debbie is up to stopping by......

Happy Birthday, Bugster! Hope your day is full of love, laughter & great food!

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

102March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy Birthday Bugster from Jimmy and Tina too!

##########################

Had beef soup, and fried breaded shrimp tonight.
A plain small doughnut, and a single scoop of ice cream.
Lunch was a can of sardines with plain crackers.

bethk likes this post

103March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:19 pm

NormM

NormM

Happy Birthday Bugster!

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

104March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:43 am

Cookin Lore

No cooking last night for me. Cheese, crackers and "stuff". Tired from a very busy shift at my volunteer job, and also lots on my mind. I am doing a sort of spontaneous trip to what we laughingly call "the Wet coast" British Columbia. My friend from Whitehorse (Yukon) contacted me a few days ago. She had planned a train trip from Vancouver through the Rockies to Jasper, Alberta with her mom. Mom can't go because a health concern showed up, so I'm going. Train is April 27,28,29, so I will go a week earlier, visit a cousin and some old friends on Vancouver Island, then the train, then Carla and I will take a rental car to go a couple of days to Kananaskis for a spa experience, then I fly home again from Edmonton, Alberta, Probably May 2. Carla and I had a road trip last fall, and travel well together, so it will be fun!

bethk likes this post

105March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:49 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Great trip, Lore! And to come up at a beautiful time to see 'Spring' in bloom.....have fun with the planning & anticipation and then just savor the time you have with your friend.

106March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It was clean out the refrigerator day......

(you've seen this meal before ~ but the veg was all cooked fresh)

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_23_12

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

107March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a meatloaf. Mashed potatoes, and peas. brown gravy.
She got sick on the seasoning. Mrs. dash meatloaf seasoning. was the culprit.

bethk likes this post

108March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:45 am

Cookin Lore

Oh dear! that doesn't sound good at all. I had leftover roast pork, sauerkraut and a potato.

109March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cookin Lore wrote:Oh dear!  that doesn't sound good at all.  I had leftover roast pork, sauerkraut and a potato.  

Yeah! ,...... The package said Flavor enhancers, and that is usually
MSG. She is allergic to that.

Tonight it will be Salmon and rice. DD is cooking.

bethk likes this post

110March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:42 pm

Cookin Lore

It really, really bugs me to read things like "0f flavour enhancers," and when they just say "spices" Dammit, I want to know what spices!

Braised a NY steak, baked potato and yummy asparagus tonight.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

111March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made chicken chunks with Korean BBQ Sauce over fried rice with corn/bean saute on the side.

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_24_14

112March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:04 pm

NormM

NormM

It was a nice day when I got these ribs but it turned cold and rainy for the next couple of days. Todays forcast was for minimal rain and only moderately cold so I went ahead and did them in the smoker. The cole slaw is KFC copycat. I thought I'd be different and do pasta with nuxhrooms and nuts instead of potatoes but then wimped out and made potatoes anyway. The had parmesan cheese in them.March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 20220320
March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 20220318
March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 20220319

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

113March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:52 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your ribs, as usual, look fabulous. Although I'm not a huge fan of smoked meats in general (short of a beef brisket that melts in your mouth....) YOUR smoked meats always look fabulous to me and tempt me to try them again.

The noodle dish with creme fraiche looks amazing to me ~ but Dane wouldn't touch it because of the creme & nuts. But that just COULD be a full meal for me! (Glutton that I am!)

Your slaw does, in fact, look very much like a bowl of KFC slaw. I swear, it's got a lot to do with the way it's shredded and chopped and how it stays crispy when you bite into it.

And crispy potato cakes........((sigh))

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

114March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:48 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:It was clean out the refrigerator day......

(you've seen this meal before ~ but the veg was all cooked fresh)

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_23_12

I haven't got a chance to buy Corned beef yet, I gotta get one soon, we love corned beef

115March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:05 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:I made chicken chunks with Korean BBQ Sauce over fried rice with corn/bean saute on the side.

The other day I made Indonesian fried rice for me and D, with leftover spicy beef and sliced cabbage. Here is a video of how to cook Indonesian fried rice, similar way I did, the difference was i scrambled my egg in the beginning, put aside and added back at the last minute, mixed well

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 2273f310
March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 B5902810

https://youtu.be/UlxiFfzqBkI

116March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:
bethk wrote:I made chicken chunks with Korean BBQ Sauce over fried rice with corn/bean saute on the side.

The other day I made Indonesian fried rice for me and D, with leftover spicy beef and sliced cabbage. Here is a video of how to cook Indonesian fried rice, similar way I did, the difference was i scrambled my egg in the beginning, put aside and added back at the last minute, mixed well

Gee, Imelda, that's just how I make fried rice ~ except I only use about 1/10th of the sambal you and the you-tube guy used (plus I add a bunch more vegetables and, oh, heck, I don't make fried rice ANYTHING like that)! LOL I think sambal has fabulous flavor but I'm not able to take that much heat.

And that's OK ~ everyone should make a dish as they like!

The best hint you ever gave me was they SELL the fried shallots ~ already fried and tasty and no messing around in the kitchen! Who knew???? Hahahahahahaha!

117March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I am happy today that the chairs I ordered 44 weeks ago FINALLY got delivered!  I had forgotten what they would look like......I mean, it's been almost a year!  But I'm happy with them ~ they don't 'match' because I'm not a 'matchy~matchy' kind of person.  But the fabrics coordinate and that's what I wanted. They're swivel gliders.....I'm just like my Grandma ~ I like a chair that moves!

One is in the living room and looks good with the tan leather couch & recliner and the other one sits in my lanai (by my computer) and will be a nice 'read-a-book' chair.

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_25_15

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_25_16

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

118March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:52 pm

Cookin Lore

They look great! I am also not a matchy-matchy person.

119March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Meatloaf ~ It's what's for supper!

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_25_17

120March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:18 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Fish Friday, Baked Sword fish steaks with crispy Panko breadcrumb/garlic/onion powder/Ranch seasoning/chives/black peppers/olive oil topping, I served it with sauteed buttered noodles with cabbage and peas, so good

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 943ad011

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 3c4e8c10
March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 398d5810
March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 30bd8910

121March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It Twuzz supposed to be muscles, and shrimp, but my stomach
would ot handle it today. Tina made me a grilled cheese instead.
Looking and hearing the fried rice episodes, I am hungry again.
The only thing is the salt and sodium content.
Maybe tomorrow I could nudge Tina to make some not adding the salt and using low sodium soy / sweet sauce. DD has the soy with coconut flavoring kind. Oh....It is good...... We Shall See!
Like Mom Used to say: "So Ask; That's all they could say bad, is N O !!!"

bethk likes this post

122March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I am happy today that the chairs I ordered 44 weeks ago FINALLY got delivered!  I had forgotten what they would look like......I mean, it's been almost a year!  But I'm happy with them ~ they don't 'match' because I'm not a 'matchy~matchy' kind of person.  But the fabrics coordinate and that's what I wanted.  They're swivel gliders.....I'm just like my Grandma ~ I like a chair that moves!

One is in the living room and looks good with the tan leather couch & recliner and the other one sits in my lanai (by my computer) and will be a nice 'read-a-book' chair.

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_25_15

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_25_16

I Just adore those chairs. Im a rocking / sliding / massaging kind of person chair too!
I remember The Uncle Gabes Chair. It was the perfect electric operated
recliner. Well....... A mouse go in it, and built a nest in through the bottom, and DIED. Tina Was Livid. Especially when I mentioned the
mouse was probably digging to have her babies. Well....There we were,
3:00 AM in the morning, and dragging it out to the dump it in the DD"s Truck, to take up to the farm to wait for town clean up day. Razz So sad!
$750.00 Full of Sad! ; and it was only 3 months OLD.

bethk likes this post

123March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:01 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs done with mushrooms, red Pepper, scallions, peas and snap peas, a bit of a cream sauce over tagliatelle. Enough for tomorrow also!"

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_25_18

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

124March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Kids are coming over for a sleep over. It's pizza for supper. Ice cream for dessert.

bethk likes this post

125March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 Empty Re: March, what's on the menu?? Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jim called and asked if we wanted to go out for Chinese tonight. I had just come from having lunch with the neighborhood ladies at my favorite, Cheng's Chinese Restaurant. I told him where I had lunch and suggested he come for burgers on the grill instead.

And that's what he did!

It wasn't much ~ just a grilled burger, some Crispy Crowns and a salad I threw together at the last minute.

March, what's on the menu?? - Page 5 03_26_11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum