Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014?

+4
Barbara101
Niagara Visitor
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

301Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Jimmy, I have had some good food there before but not so much this time. I didn't care for the tomato sauce taste and there was too much of it.  The next time I have lasagna, I will make it myself.  

Norm, the kids took us to one O G once. There was nothing I liked. The macaroni was way overcooked, and they must have forgot to salt the boiling water.

I prefer "Macaroni Grill" food items!

302Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth.... Olive Garden, is to me like opening a can of Progresso food, and heating it in the microwave. Then the pasta is like it was cooked, and kept in a baine marie.. and then reheated in boiling water. I could tell, because when I get ravioli, I don't want 3 or 4 over cooked shells mixed in.

Another bad, is these places thing just because it is loaded with garlic, it's Italian.
Italians grow garlic, but one thing they do not do, is waste it.

The way we made garlic bread at home, was, mom would oil the bread, then toast it in the oven, and when it was toasted, she would take a whole spear of garlic, and just rub it on the toasted side back and forth, and then with the same garlic, would do the same with the other slices of bread. It was fresh garlic, and not that minced bottled stuff in oil and vinegar.

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

303Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 pm

NormM

NormM

I had three things on my plate. One was lasagna. If they had put that in front of me and asked me to guess what it was, I would not have been able to.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

304Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:55 pm

NormM

NormM

Years ago in Manhattan Ks, there was a restaurant called JD's. I think it stood for Joe DiMaggio. The food tasted like frozen TV dinners. It didn't stay open very long. I think it is a taco stand now.

I like the Italian restaurant Zio's better.

305Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made a roasted chicken breast on a bed of homemade dressing and some green beans for supper. Then Dane called and said his group of golfers was stopping at a country club for a bite to eat...or a few cocktails is more likely! So, the chicken and dressing and green beans will be supper for another night. I'll survive on leftovers, which is just fine with me.

We'll both be full and happy. And my meal is all ready to go whenever I decide to reheat it.

306Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Niagara Visitor

Going to my sister's for dinner, I think she said she's making prime rib. YUMMMM!

307Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, I hope her's is as wonderful tasting as the one we cooked for our Christmas dinner. Yummy!

308Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:32 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well.... Tina and Gabe had chicken breast cooked at the market.
Corn....and mashed potatoes...

Jimmy here, had 1/2 a head of cauliflower steamed, salted and peppered; with small bread roll and butter; with two slices of salami in between. Cookies for dessert...

Tina is making some kind of mushroom dip, with cheese and ground up mushrooms, and mayo.
It calls for 2 cups ( TWO CUPS ) of mayo. No no no no no!!!!!..... I told her to cut it to 1 cup.
It's in the oven baking now. I'm sure we will try it, soon as it's done!

309Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:56 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had breakfast for dinner: eggs benedict followed by bloody Mary's for dessert.

310Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:06 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We sampled it. It's like chewing on a hunk of salty cheese.
Dipping / scooping with crackers.
Way too salty for me. The roof of my mouth is burning.

311Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:06 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

lately we've been eating soup everyday.. Dirk ate twice a day, early morning and late at night.. maybe to warm him up... today I cooked a big pot of potato soup, with celery, onion, bellpepper, carrots, I added some sausage, bacon bits, cheese, milk, with 8 big potatoes, I thought it could last at least for 2 days, but it's all gone in a day, I gave a big bowl and 1 loaf of fresh baked bread to my neighbor too.. Dirk at 3 bowls, I ate only half of small bowl, I had my own noodles with ground meat and soy sauce

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Potsoup

I also baked some breads.. French breads and Italian breads

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Frenchbread

312Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your soup and bread looks like the perfect cool weather meal, Imelda! Unless you open a can of soup to heat up on the stove, you certainly cannot expect it to last ~ YOUR soup is much too tasty. lol

Funny, but I was just talking about making a pot of potato soup yesterday. But then I got busy on getting the ham broth ready for cooking my New Year's Day greens that I forgot all about it.

313Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I made loaded baked potato soup 2 days ago. It is that time of year when comfort food just hits the spot.

314Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think it is a burger night. It is cold here and we got a surprise during the night: snow.

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 <a href=Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 230" />rprise during the night: snow.

315Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:48 pm

NormM

NormM

Everyone's talk of soup made me hungry for some. I am making potato soup that uses bacon, milk, green onions, sour cream and cheese. I cut the amount of potatoes by one and made up the volume with ham and red bell pepper. Maybe for leftovers, I'll add corn and maybe some andouille sausage.

316Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:50 pm

NormM

NormM

Bugster, at least you get to enjoy the snow from afar and don't have to shovel it to get out of the driveway.

317Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:I think it is a burger night. It is cold here and we got a surprise during the night: snow.

I'll bet that was a BIG surprise for you! I know the people around here get all upset when the temperature drops to less than 50°....Mr. Amazing, most of all. ((What a wimp))

But, hey, I guess I shouldn't criticize him. He did put up with last winter's horrible weather in Ohio while I sat around here in my flip flops!

318Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:13 pm

NormM

NormM

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 DSCN2110_zpsca317bfa

Last edited by NormM on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total

319Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 DSCN2110_zpsca317bfa

Great lookin soup Norm. Especially the pepper crunch surprises.

320Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? - Page 13 Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Made a pot of meatballs and sausage and pork cubes in tomato sauce. Cooking slow slow.
Fried some meatballs and been nibbling on them. I had a sausage link on a 1/2 kaiser roll.
That was it. Tina and Gabe had chicken breast. Beans, and sweet taters,
I'm ready for a Crown Royal Black, and Ginger ale. Nothing happening for the Eve tonight.

Son Jimmy and wife are in Las Vegas...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum