Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014?

+4
Barbara101
Niagara Visitor
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made a pot of shells pasta with fried onions and kidney beans for supper.

Then I steamed a head of cauliflower to use it up before it tunes brown. Plus I sliced and fried up a bag of mushrooms. Just salted and peppered.

Gabe had a small sliced chicken breast.... he said it was too thick.
( well I couldn't find a skinny chicken...ok! ) LOL

Tina didn't eat anything. She had stuffing and gravy earlier.

Granddaughter had the pasta I saved her with butter.

It's hard to believe it's DECEMBER already!! Geesh!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ooops! Guess nobody cooked today?

Tina made Susans Meatballs...( meatballs and bread cubes and onions baked with cream of mushroom soup) Cauliflower leftover, and green beans.
Shrimp cocktail for Uncle Gabe as an appetizer. He had his special day today. He was 91.
Tina served me sweet candied yams from leftover T-giving.
Had a small chocolate fudge 4 layer cake.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, we cooked. We just don't know what month we cooked in....

Thanks for starting the correct month, Jimmy!

Niagara Visitor

I have booked a vacation for myself (late March) where I will probably be in a bathing suit most of the day..................... needless to say, a few pounds have to come off, so I am really trying to make both low calorie and also smaller portions for myself. For tonight I have taken some salmon out of the freezer, that will just be oven baked with a little EVOO and some spices, and a nice big salad of mixed greens, peppers, onion, tomato, half an avocado to go with it.

For lunch I'm having the first half of that avocado, some shrimp, some pepper pieces and a few grape tomatoes.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I took out a steak to fast grill stove top. Over a tossed salad.I picked up at a drive through yesterday.

I may be able to go to the store pretty soon. Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 3326752767

bethk

bethk
Admin

I want what Niagarahost is having! Boy, that sounds good to me.

I've been busy making pierogi fillings to use tomorrow night. One of our neighbors' wife made peirogis every holiday season. Unfortunately, she passed away last year. So, another neighbor lady & I are making them and have invited him and another widower to a pierogi feast tomorrow evening. Joe, the Polish neighbor, shared his wife's recipes so I made the potato/onion and mushroom/sauerkraut fillings using his wife's recipes.

Darlene has made pierogi before so she was more than willing to help out - even offering to host the dinner at her house because she has a larger table than we do. It should be fun to get together and make and share an ethnic meal we all like. I've got a couple packages of Johnsonville brats I'm going to grill and then keep warm nestled in a casserole dish of cooked onions & red peppers.

I also have one pie crust in the refrigerator that I made for Thanksgiving - I'm thinking of making a crostada (sp?) with a can of cherry pie filling I have in the pantry. I've never had anyone turn down a piece of cherry pie when it's offered!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 1509060_1548744932032944_511870075444892392_n

I just ate, I was hungry.I may have some more later.

bethk

bethk
Admin

What a super looking supper salad! Lots of good stuff to make a salad a meal.

We had a low-carb supper ~ Chicken Chunks, Sauted Zucchini & Onions and Micro'd Broccoli:

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 120314

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper for me will be a ham and cheese sandwich. Somehow / someway.

I don't know what the others will have....

Barbara101

Barbara101

Supper for me will be a ham and cheese sandwich

when I can get to the store I am going to get some small soft buns & ham &Ā  swiss cheese , heat them till the cheese melts on them.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Supper for me will be a ham and cheese sandwich

when I can get to the store I am going to get some small soft buns & ham &Ā  swiss cheese , heat them till the cheese melts on them.

Sounds good Barb!... We used to make griddled ham and cheese. ummmm!

Tonight...instead of the ham and cheese, I cleaned some scallions, and am having a egg omelet, with cheese / tomato / and scallions. Toast buttered with whipped butter, and tabasco sauce on the eggs as I eat them.

Tina is in a Mooood today, and IDK why? Maybe because she put new insulated drapes in the bedroom< and I commented and said," huh! Looks like a nursing home in here now!"...or a Hospital room!" Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 1838020472

12Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:42 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Omelet was great. Then a extra slice of toast with butter and seedless strawberry jam.
Box of candy in the background for dessert!

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? CoLkZQ

13Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:52 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassie made dinner tonight. Turkey carbonara, croutons with dipping oil and glazed carrots.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

14Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Niagara Visitor wrote:I have booked a vacation for myself (late March) where I will probably be in a bathing suit most of the day..................... needless to say, a few pounds have to come off, so I am really trying to make both low calorie and also smaller portions for myself. Ā For tonight I have taken Ā some salmon out of the freezer, that will just be oven baked with a little EVOO and some spices, and a nice big salad of mixed greens, peppers, onion, tomato, half an avocado to go with it.

For lunch I'm having the first half of that avocado, some shrimp, some pepper pieces and a few grape tomatoes.

Where are you vacationing?

15Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We had 50 cent tacos for dinner. I only had one bite and my gut is on fire. Just can't tolerate spicy food any more.

I am reading a book about The Doors rock band. My DH's favorite from way back when. Anyway I ran across a name I haven't in 50 years. Maybe you can remember it: Vic Tanny's. I told our roomie and she blurted out "Vic Tanny's for fat fannys!" I almost wet my pants. Gad! That took me back in time.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Chickenbreasts5

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I cooked Spaghetti Squash in Ragu sauce with sausage and rosemary

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 10-2

I made some Spaghetti squash fritters, I added some grated carrots, green onion, egg, breadcrumb and seasoning.. they were so good

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 13-5

18Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I cooked Spaghetti Squash in Ragu sauce with sausage and rosemary

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 10-2

I made some Spaghetti squash fritters, I added some grated carrots, green onion, egg, breadcrumb and seasoning.. they were so good

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 13-5

Looking nice Imelda.
I don't like spaghetti squash, and I love all other squashes! Squashes??
But that way fried crispy, I would give it a try!

19Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Chickenbreasts5

I'll bet you enjoyed that for a change; instead of broth / soup / soft stuff? You know! Feeling sick food!!

My favorite feelin sick food is toast browned well, with butter, and cut in pieces to have with tea and honey with a dash of milk!

20Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I made (and ate it all ) a 3 quart pot of muscles / fish / shrimp / and Brats spicy hot, into a jambalaya. I added white wine, and a can of stewed tomatoes.

I wolfed it all down with saltines instead of spaghetti or bread.

I made Haddock in a butter wine sauce, and tater tots and beans for Gabe. He said the haddock was hard for him to chew. His problem is missing teeth! hahahaha

Tina had the leftover Susans Meatballs and mashed potatoes and gravy!
She does not like seafood!

BTW... I am full, but not overstuffed. I guess it was a good choice eating crackers with the meal!

21Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

My favorite feelin sick food is toast browned well, with butter, and cut in pieces to have with tea and honey with a dash of milk!

I had a loaf of sourdough in the freezer.I polished off the whole thing in a week.I made toast every morning. This morning the Irish butter was really hard ,I cut a piece off & it flipped off & landed on the floor . Snapped up by Molly quick as lighting. lol

Took out a bag of thighs, have 6 of them. Tomorrow I will grill pan some & use Baby Rays.I have loads of pastas & foundĀ  a box of pearl couscous.Quick run for some grocery's in the AM. Going to hit the salad bar for loads of stuff I do not have to cook.

22Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had our Polish dinner ~ a fabulous success if I do say so myself!

Pierogi, brats w/onions & peppers and a cherry crostata for dessert (that I forgot to take a pic of....)

Seven of us for dinner - pierogi:

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 120414a

Brats w/onions & peppers:

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 120414b

A few pierogi w/my sour cream.....LOL

Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? 120414c

23Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:I cooked Spaghetti Squash in Ragu sauce with sausage and rosemary

Great looking meals, Imelda. I love the creative use of the leftover spaghetti squash in fritters. I'm gonna steal that idea, to be sure! Thanks.

24Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I made (and ate it all ) a 3 quart pot of muscles / fish / shrimp / and Brats spicy hot, into a jambalaya. I added white wine, and a can of stewed tomatoes.

I wolfed it all down with saltines instead of spaghetti or bread.

I made Haddock in a butter wine sauce, and tater tots and beans for Gabe. He said the haddock was hard for him to chew. His problem is missing teeth! hahahaha

Tina had the leftover Susans Meatballs and mashed potatoes and gravy!
She does not like seafood!

BTW... I am full, but not overstuffed. I guess it was a good choice eating crackers with the meal!

Jimmy, you sound like you're cooking at the local buffet restaurant! What a nice guy to accomodate everyone.

Barb - it's good to see you're back in the kitchen. I'll bet it tasted good to you!

25Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Empty Re: Whats for Dinner in this December 2014? Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Don't worry.....I got my eye on a pack of Tastycake Peanut butter Tandy Kakes for a snack tonight! ( My favorite ones. ) A nice cup of coffee to wash it all down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum