Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April. Whats for dinner????

+4
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1April. Whats for dinner???? Empty April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? 10516847_10205392972496418_6829256794766519475_n

Quick no frills Chicken yakisoba for dinner tonight! Or however you spell that.. April. Whats for dinner???? 1838020472

2April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We did burgers on the grill and some fresh vegetables. Nothing fancy but just what the kids wanted.

3April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I cooked pork butt steaks braised in onions, and potato wedges added to suck up the juices.

Heated a TV dinner ( salisbury steak ) for Gabe. He does not eat pork. He is afraid to get the trichina worm from the pork! .... he's living in the 30's.

Yet, he will eat liverwurst, and sliced deli ham. Go figure!!!

DD brought the girl scout cookies from the church. I already ate 1/2 a box of do-see-do's the peanut butter cookies. Then some Samoa's. Ummmm!!

4April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Yesterday I cooked Beef Bourguignon (well, kind of, no mushroom, no thyme at home, so I omitted them), I browned everything in a pan on the stove, then slow cooked them in oven for 2 and 1/2 hours, I cooked some potatoes in the microwave too, then we went out for hiking, it was late when we came home ( stopped at a couple of stores to buy  a spring/summer sandal and got a pair of active pant for hiking ), so I heat it up, mashed my potatoes, and steamed some corn and spinach.. it was a good meal cheers

April. Whats for dinner???? 1_zpsiipszybm

5April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? 17287_781389008604204_2467375337651942425_n

Messed around most of the day on laptop trying to find a place to move .Did not eat all day so I just now ate a sandwich.Might as well be a good reuben.

6April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh my goodness Imelda and Barb....
What great beef dinners.
We just had a cold meatloaf sandwich on a roll with mustard.
Well, Tina had 1/4 of a sandwich.

I am hungry again looking at the food you girls made.

I know tomorrow, we will be wishing for meat, and but we refrain from eating meat on Friday's...and with tomorrow being Good Friday.....The eyes better not even L00K at meat!

7April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wanted something light, but tasty; so I made a couple Open Faced Toasted Cheese on White Bread....

Oh! wow! .... the aroma when the broiler started to brown the cheese! Umm Umm Umm!

I figured eat light, but I am still hungry. It's the last two hours to eat meat curfew is in effect.... There is some leftover pork butt steak. Hmmm!

April. Whats for dinner???? D1cvSV

It took less than two minutes to eat two slices... Embarassed April. Whats for dinner???? 2876911673

8April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:32 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ate in dribs and drabs tonight.
I made macaroni and potato salad for Easter Dinner Sunday....so Tina and I did some sampling.

T made the stuffing for the turkey, so she put some in a small ramekin, and baked it in the toaster oven.
It was good!
Had some girl scout cookies for dessert....and that just about was what supper was all about!

9April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:27 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

the kids were gone all day, didn't get home until about 8 p.m.

we didn't do anything but lay around all day. no supper. nothing sounded good and everything seemed to be too much effort to make.

10April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Dinner Today ? ? ?

At least not anything for me that was served yesterday... ( Sunday Easter Dinner ) .

I want a Burger cooked on the Outdoor Grill. The other residents of this place, can eat the leftovers.

11April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

dinner today, tomorrow and the days after, ham, ham and ham ( for Dirk, and something else for me, as I'm not a big fan of ham, I like the bone part only, for soup ), we bought a big/ ball of ham last week, today I'm going to slice it, divide it into several bags, put some away in the freezer, I'm going to bake some hard crust bread today to make ham sandwiches for him, I've bought lot of cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and aah I forgot to buy the mayo, oh well... Rolling Eyes and later, maybe on weekend I'm going to cook soup with bean, nutmeg and clove with its bone and some  of the fatty part cheers

12April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:27 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Imelda....

I'll trade you some grilled chicken for some of your ham.

At least then we would both have a little variety.

Don't have a clue what I'm going to make. I'd just like a big bowl of the leftover potatoes with some of the corn spooned over top. Whole fat carb supper......heaven (except for the fact it would probably kill me by the end of the week!)

13April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I thought about making some brisket chili but it seems like to much trouble. I may just have sandwich and kugel. Or cake lol.

14April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your cake looked fantastic! I'd start with that and finish with a bit of the kugel.....

lol

15April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Hey, Imelda....

I'll trade you some grilled chicken for some of your ham.

At least then we would both have a little variety.

Don't have a clue what I'm going to make.  I'd just like a big bowl of the leftover potatoes with some of the corn spooned over top.  Whole fat carb supper......heaven (except for the fact it would probably kill me by the end of the week!)

lol... here is for you, and you know I want dark meat for my chickens, right? Very Happy

April. Whats for dinner???? 14_zpsg7ptc5ve

his lunch and I'm going to make another one for his supper, for me maybe some ham in my ramen soup
cheers

April. Whats for dinner???? 13_zpszyc5yhqt

16April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, Imelda.......Deal!

Here's your chicken & vegetables in cream gravy over biscuits (dark meat chicken!)

April. Whats for dinner???? 04.06.15

17April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? Pw%20brisket7

brisket sandwich..

Last edited by Barbara101 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

18April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? Kugel8

Kugel

Last edited by Barbara101 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

19April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? Lemon%20cake4

Lemon cake Lemon cake April. Whats for dinner???? 3267860543

20April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

All yummy! Congratulations on NOT taking my advice and adding the sandwich for the protein value.

lol!

21April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Everyones meals look great.
Barb.... how'd you fit that sandwich in your mouth?

Beth... wave the magic wand, and change the chicken to pork, and i'll be ready to eat.
I did have some Dark Thigh meat from the turkey yesterday though! ( Because Jimmy Cooked It )

I had a kielbasi sandwich on rye bread, with mustard. Then finished the last two pickled eggs from St. Paddy's Day.
I'm still hungry, so I may grab a couple dyed eggs, and make a sliced egg with Mayo and black pepper on white American. IDK.... I have to see.

22April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:02 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Darn it! I forgot to get the last of the deviled eggs out for supper last night.

You just reminded me of them, Jimmy. Guess I'll have to have them for my breakfast ~ or not.

LOL

23April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Darn it!  I forgot to get the last of the deviled eggs out for supper last night.

You just reminded me of them, Jimmy.  Guess I'll have to have them for my breakfast ~ or not.

LOL

Ha Ha Ha Ha ..... No No No.... Deviled eggs are for lazing around, and drinking beer or Bloody Mary's...while watching TV on the Veranda. knawing on a piece of Kielbasi helps too! ....

24April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? Egg%20salad%20with%20avocado3

Before dinner snack . That may end up being dinner.  April. Whats for dinner???? 4165659054 April. Whats for dinner???? 4165659054

25April. Whats for dinner???? Empty Re: April. Whats for dinner???? Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

April. Whats for dinner???? Egg%20salad%20with%20avocado2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum