Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear!

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

bethk

bethk
Admin

We had thunderstorms this morning ~ started just as HE was returning from playing his 9 holes of golf at 8:30.

It started as just a sprinkle, then the wind started to blow and suddenly it was a downpour!

Between 8:30 & noon we got just shy of 4".....and now it's nothing but clear blue skies....well, there are a couple fluffy white clouds in the east but it cleared up completely.

I don't think I'll ever get used to this kind of weather ~ so different from growing up in Ohio.

bethk

bethk
Admin

My beef/peapod/bok choy stir fry was pretty tasty. HE had no complaints (even tried a second helping just to check that he really liked it.....LOL).

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 06_17_14

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Good old Rigatoni and meatballs....... dried cured olives in olive oil on the side

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_2327

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was planning on burgers tonight ~ then Jim called and we're going out for Italian.....

You know I don't like to be rude to him and turn him down.......LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy fathers day to all the dads out there.
We are ready to grill burgers, and hot dogs. Tina made a pot of meatballs in tomato sauce.
Macaroni salad; potato salad ..... ( again, she made ), Baked beans, and chili sauce.
I just took my gas-x and enzyme pills to help me process the beans.
DD made a white cake with butter cream icing.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to our resident dads: Jimmy & Norm!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day and knows you're appreciated every day.

NormM and JanaAZ like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank You Beth......

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was the burgers we would have had last night if we hadn't gone out.....

Mine was made to taste just like my Big Boy Burger.

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 06_19_17

NormM

NormM

I grilled some chicken thighs after a couple hours in a Korean marinade. June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_0927
June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_0926
June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_0925

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight I had a Swanson's tv dinner. Salisbury steak.
Tina had potato salad and macaroni salad instead.

I've got a Boston Cream doughnut coming to room temperature for later on with a coffee for dessert.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner A couple of nights ago leftover potato salad surrounded by a salad of lettuce, tomato, cuc, and topped with the last of one of my fav salad toppings, marinated seafood."

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 06_19_18

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Had leftover sauce and meatballs to use up.
Tina just got out of the dentist. She's stopping at the market to get ? who knows?
Oh! I know...... Land o Lakes cheese is on sale for $ 3.29 Per Pound.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane is occasionally still having digestive problems ~ so tonight I made the Mediterranean Chicken Salad that seems to agree with him.....although, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why....

I mean, it's a cold salad with chopped cucumber, red onion, red bell peppers, Kalamata olives and parsley with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, Greek oregano and s&p. A sauteed chicken cutlet gets cooked and then cut to go on top.

For whatever reason, he always feels better the day after the meal ~ so that's reason enough for me to make it!

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 06_20_16

NormM

NormM

Charlie and I walked into the kitchen at the same time and he asked if I had any plans for dinner. I said I was just going to get a hot dog. Did he have any ideas? He thought a bit and said he was hungry for something Italian, maybe chicken alfredo. We went to the computer and looked for some local restaruants and what they had didn't look all that good so I offered to make some Chicken Martini. I went to the store and got everything and it was ready to eat in less than 45 minutes. While it was cooking a friend of ours who is going through a breakup with her boyfriend called and asked what he was going to have for dinner. He told her and she came over. Good thing I had enough for all of us.June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_1010

Cookin Lore

NormM wrote:Charlie and I walked into the kitchen at the same time and he asked if I had any plans for dinner. I said I was just going to get a hot dog.  Did he have any ideas?  He thought a bit and said he was hungry for something Italian, maybe chicken alfredo.  We went to the computer and looked for some local restaruants and what they had didn't look all that good so I offered to make some Chicken Martini.  I went to the store and got everything and it was ready to eat in less than 45 minutes.  While it was cooking a friend of ours who is going through a breakup with her boyfriend called and asked what he was going to have for dinner. He told her and she came over.  Good thing I had enough for all of us.June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_1010

WOW! That's quite a switch from "Think I'll have a hot dog!"

bethk and NormM like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was talking to DD#1 this morning and she mentioned she had some bacon she needed to cook.....thought of making BLT's for their supper since it's just her and him.

Light Bulb Moment! I knew I had a couple already cooked woven bacon squares in the freezer that just needed to be crisped up in the microwave. WE could have BLT's, too!

I steamed 3 eggs and made some macaroni salad to go with the sandwiches.

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 06_21_16

Cookin Lore

I have not been doing anything "interesting" lately So, I decided to made a dish called Lamb something today. Did a lamb curry from one of my Indian cook books. I love the flavours, but find it very challenging to make anything just for myself.

It's from a book called The Indian Cooking Course, called Lamb Dhanask (Lamb and lentil curry.) I love it, but now have enough for another three meals. And, considering my German background, I am not so fond of everything in one pot.

I have tried adding some Indian flavoured spices to some of my regular dsishes. Gotta do more of that.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was up early, and breaded chicken thighs and covered and placed them back in the fridge.
Then she fried them at 5:30 tonight. They were good, and we had that with potato salad, macaroni for me, salad, and pork and beans. Later will be a Boston Cream doughnut ,and a jelly filled doughnut for her.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

We had some leftover steak so we made a Mediterranean salad. It had steak, Kalamata olives, artichokes, roasted red pepper, red onions, capers, feta….and so on. June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_8410

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pasta e fagioli that Tina already made. Ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Have I mentioned how nice it is to speak with DD#1 most days? If I'm clueless about what to fix for supper she comes up with suggestions.

Today we were talking and she was telling me she was thinking of making a Southwest Turkey casserole ~ nothing I would normally make. But then I mentioned Lyn gave me the Tony Packo's gift box Bill got for Father's Day ~ two jars of pickles, a can of chili and a can of hot dog sauce. Bill can't eat ANY of those things (and, truth be told, is too picky to try them even IF he was not on a salt restricted diet.....).

But I had forgotten about those things being in my pantry (short term memory being horrible lately) and she said, "Well, why don't you have hot dogs? Don't you have some leftover macaroni salad?"

And there was my supper ~ all decided for me!

Today was 'clean-the-house-day- before-company-comes' day......and even though the villa is only about 1,200 square feet it's still a chore. But, with a little help from HIM, the tasks got completed and now I don't even have to sweat about supper.

NormM

NormM

I made tacos for dinner tonight. The bowl that looks like salsa is guacamole with salsa on top to help keep it from turning brown too quickly.June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_1012
June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_1011

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm more tired than I would have imagined.....maybe that's why I don't try to clean the whole house in one day on a regular basis ~ instead choosing to do a little bit here and a little bit there until I get to the starting line again......then again, once or twice a year should be fine, shouldn't it? LOL

Only having to put a couple casing hot dogs under the broiler of the toaster oven and heating half a can of the chili sauce was all I really wanted to tackle ~ glad I got the idea and followed through!

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 06_22_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I made tacos for dinner tonight. The bowl that looks like salsa is guacamole with salsa on top to help keep it from turning brown too quickly.June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_1012
June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! - Page 3 Img_1011

L00Ks good Norm. I just noted the super size taco shells. I'd like to try them.
I usually soak my shells in hot water before I fill them. Just long enough to soften them so I don't stab my gums and upper mouth area's.
I have sensitive mouth and gum area's..... No

NormM likes this post

Cookin Lore

Tacos look great. Our Mexican themed party was a success (Cinco de Mayo) although ticket sales were not as good as for when we have a pot luck. People were just afraid of "spicy". I love spicy, so no prob for me!

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum