Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear!

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm totally clueless for an idea for supper tonight.

We may just have to get carry-out or play that age old fun game......'You're On Your OWN!'

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[size=18]I woke up to a slab of bottom round beef thawing on the counter, that Tina took out of the freezer. She suggested either tiny beef cubes cooked in tomatoes and onions...... or .... Beef cubes and brown gravy over noodles for me, and mashed potatoes for her. Corn on the cob from FL ......

I already had an fresh onion bagel with cream cheese and lock's .

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I did some rearranging in the garage freezer this morning and came across a very lonely strip steak ~ decided it might be a good grilling day. And I was right! We got done with supper and the wind picked up and the clouds are blowing over. Not sure if we'll get rain (which we really need) but at least I didn't have to try to hold an umbrella over me as I turned the steak & asparagus on the hot grill!

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_01_17

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Quick and easy, stir fried onions, red and yellow pepper and jumbo shrimp with cream."

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_01_18

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I prepped my vegetables & got everything ready to make Sweet & Sour Pork for supper. Then neighbor Jim called and asked us to go out with him. He doesn't care for my SS Pork (it has too many vegetables for him) so I didn't invite him to join us ~ but it'll hold until tomorrow and we'll enjoy supper out with him tonight.

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I am so not into doing special meals these days. Busy at my volunteering job, and have started to help organize the library in my building. So, before I left for my shift at thrift, I put a frozen London broil and a potato in my oven. Set that to turn on at 5, I came home at 5:30 and all I had to do was relax for bout 20 min. Then steamed some of our fabulous now fresh local asparagus. Yumm!"

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_02_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a gallon of Greek style chili sauce for burgers and hot dogs.
She also made a gallon of pizza sauce. I just completed dividing and portioning it in baggies.
She made a pizza on a pita bread, and I made a hot dog; with the chili sauce and raw minced onion. We allotted 1/2 of each, to give to Jimmy Jr. We had 90 degrees today. It is now 72, but it is supposed to cool down in the day's coming.
Well...... I'm all done, and cleaned up, and it's only 12:30 AM. I'm getting antsy to fry some home fries for breakfast tomorrow. That way, I can just zap them in the microwave to heat them up.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Easy Peasey Supper ~ I had everything prepped last night before we decided to go out with Jim. So, 15 minutes to steam the rice in the microwave and stir fry the pork & vegetables....Time to eat!

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_03_18

JanaAZ

I made wine braised chicken with artichokes and had briam (potato, tomato, zucchini and feta) on the side. June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! Img_9110

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

NormM

NormM

I made Crock Beef Short Ribs. One of my Ozark relatives posted some recipes by Pepperbelly Pete. I take it he is also from Missouri. This was similar to one of them. He only had Tictok videos of the recipes, none were written out. I looked for a recipe that was written and had all the ingredients he used except Pepperbelly Pete's Zippy Zap sauce. I used Valenta pepper sauce instead. I also added a can of diced tomatoes.June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! Img_0922

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina was wishing for spaghetti and meatballs. She made the tomato sauce, and I made the meatballs
Spaghetti is sitting in the scolapasta waiting to be cooked and eaten fresh.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Piece of sirloin, small salad and two potato Patties. I used to use those potato Patties when I was in the b&b biz, and had forgotten that I had some in the freezer. Not bad."

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_04_14

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made Salisbury Steak tonight to have over the leftover noodles ~ and Dane was the only one to eat.

Lyn texted me at 3:00 this afternoon and said they were taking Bill by ambulance to the hospital (again). She had taken him to the local ER because he was having breathing difficulties again. They had difficulty getting his vitals to stabilize so they requested an ambulance. She, of course, was scared. She had to go back to her house when he was on the way to the hospital to pick up what he'd need when admitted so I said I'd meet her there and go with her.

When we got to the ICU he was resting comfortably ~ they couldn't find any reason for his symptoms. Except for his anxiety......which was through the roof.

So, they gave him something to calm him and everything seemed to settle. So, she & I left and I'm sure he was asleep before we made it back home.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I made Salisbury Steak tonight to have over the leftover noodles ~ and Dane was the only one to eat.

Lyn texted me at 3:00 this afternoon and said they were taking Bill by ambulance to the hospital (again).  She had taken him to the local ER because he was having breathing difficulties again.  They had difficulty getting his vitals to stabilize so they requested an ambulance.  She, of course, was scared.  She had to go back to her house when he was on the way to the hospital to pick up what he'd need when admitted so I said I'd meet her there and go with her.

When we got to the ICU he was resting comfortably ~ they couldn't find any reason for his symptoms.  Except for his anxiety......which was through the roof.  

So, they gave him something to calm him and everything seemed to settle.  So, she & I left and I'm sure he was asleep before we made it back home.

Hoping Bill is feeling better, and they stablize him; which I'm sure they will.
We got a similar phone call from Tina's brother, that his wife Jeannie was
rushed by ambulance to the hospital ICU because she fell and passed out twice. They are previously anticipating a new heart valve to be installed from a previous incident.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

The only thing I knew for sure was going to be on the table tonight was the first picking of the patio pot green beans.

So, it was a game of 'I Spy!' in the freezer.

Chicken chunks won!!

I also made some vegetable spaghetti to fill up our plates.

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_05_18

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm thinking of cheese burgers with chili sauce on top with minced onions.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

Ive been playing around with bread again. I got my sourdough starter alive again after 6 months and baked a loaf for a friend. Then i decided to experiment with other flours i have. I made a sourdough Pumpernickel boule. I had some trouble with the initial sponge (because I'm an idiot and wasnt careful) but think (at least i hope) it came out okay. It's sort of heavy, but pumpernickel is heavy anyway. I'm waiting for it to cool to see if it's good or needs to become croutons or something else.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a pork tenderloin in the freezer ~ decided it was a good time to use the one sweet potato I had and a couple ears of corn got turned into creamed corn.

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_06_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight, Mommy Tina had Dr's day this morning; so she made shepherds pie for us.
I wanted burgers, but "T" won and got her wish of what to eat.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

I went to the Korean grocery and got everything for dinner tonight. The only think I made was the marinade for the beef short ribs. The other meat is spicy pork. The sides are pickled diakon (radish) green onions and Nappa cabbage. The rolled rice is called kimbob. I watched the lady make it. I never noticed before but she has a machine that rolls and heats it and another machine that cuts it into bite sized pieces.June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! Img_0923

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cheese burgers tonight. I will pan fry them inside, due to the smokey atmosphere today from the Canadian fires. Tina picked up a package of those little fillable cakes and whipped cream, so we can have them with strawberries for dessert.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane was working outside with Patrick today so he wanted something light & cool. This Mediterranean Chicken Salad is one of his current favorites.

June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 06_07_17

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a burger with cheese and garlic pickles and green onions on the side.
'Tina made us strawberry shortcakes. She had leftover shepherds pie from yesterday. June, 2023 ~ As it warms up the grills appear! 3470128989

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I didn't feel like cooking so we called Jim and asked him if he wanted to go to the closest country club for supper.

I ended up with one of their dinner chicken salads and Dane got a burger done exactly the way he wanted.....Jim (who doesn't eat vegetables) opted for a Mango Shrimp appetizer ~ which was as much as a meal when he added some of Dane's (offered) fries.

So everyone was happy.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina had an egg salad 1/2 sandwich for her supper. I had an HB EGG SLICED with mayo
on Dave's 17 grain bread lightly toasted. Garlic half sour pickle on the side.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum