Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN"

+2
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Sirloin ‘cap’ whatever that is, fingerling potatoes done with the air fry feature in my oven. Salad made from what I have already harvested from my aero grow I have two lettuce plants and i think that there will be a lot of lettuce for me."

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_15_25

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

NormM

NormM

Dinner was breaded pork chops, asparagus with mashed potatoes and gravyMARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 Img_0713

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was Chicken soup that I made for DD. She has a virus the Dr. said.
Test for Covid was Negative, so he just gave her a "Z" pack of antibiotics.
I just threw a bunch of carrots and garlic in a pot of chicken broth, and boiled it slowly
for about 2-1/2 hours.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

My brother and sister-in-law are visiting from Fla and when I asked what he wanted to do, he said visit with you and eat your food.  So I guess there is. I resting.  

First night was Chicago pizza.  I made a deep dish  for him, a thin sausage Chicago pizza for Steve and my sister-in-law wanted pepperoni, onions, mushrooms and artichokes so she got her own.

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 Cfc3f510
MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 E9fd8710
MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 82389310

bethk

bethk
Admin

You don't eat pizza, do you, Judy?

What a trooper to go the extra mile for family!

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a package of chicken thighs that I de-boned but left the skin on. I love that you cannot overcook chicken thighs ~ I can't remember the last time I cooked them and they were dry. And contrary to what you might think looking at the 'charcoal bits' in my pic ~ the Brussels sprouts in the air fry oven were just "darkly caramelized" LOL Actually, tender under that black exterior. And the cauliflower was pretty tasty, too.

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_16_16

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lunch was a bowl of pork flavored Ramen ( sp?) noodles.
Supper will be a Kosher Balogna sandwich on rye, with a side of Pickles.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. I thought that I sent this, but can’t find it in my sent file. I love meatloaf, but not leftovers or even sandwiches. Very rarely do I do sandwiches of any kind. So, today I mate a meatloaf type of mixture and just shaped into a big 8 ounce patty. Did that in my oven at 400 degrees with a small sweet potato and a couple of slices of butternut squash. Then added some green beans just for a different colour."

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_16_17

Cookin Lore

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

bethk

bethk
Admin

My Corned Beef is already cooked ~ just need to take it out of the refrigerator to de-fat the cooking liquid and slice the beef with my trusty electric knife before reheating it for supper....

OH, WAIT! I won't be home for supper tonight!

I'm driving Lyn & her two friends back to the airport for their flights home....

Glad I thought of it before I got started in doing the rest of my prep for our St. Patrick's Day meal!

I guess we'll have our celebration meal tomorrow night, instead!

LOL

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:You don't eat pizza, do you, Judy?

What a trooper to go the extra mile for family!

Unfortunately I started eating stuff when Covid hit as evidenced by my dress size mi hadn’t eaten the deep dish pizza in years, so I had some. My brother has been eating it for breakfast since he can’t get good pizza in Fla

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy St. Patricks' day everyone!
The boiled beef, she's a cookin in the pot; the cabbage is all ready, and it is ready
to cook a lot.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  I wanted to do some things different this year and not have everything boiled. I made cabbage fritters
, Irish roast potatoes. irish pots de Céme. Irish whisky butter and Irish soda scones instead of soda bread. The rutabagas, carrots and corned beef were boiled.

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 Img_0714

bethk

bethk
Admin

Fabulous choices! I love the variety on a 'traditional' St. Patrick's Day meal.

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

Sort of a St. Patrick's Day meal for me. I worked an afternoon shift at thrift, took a package of Chicken Cacciatorre out of the freezer before I left, set the oven to start at 4:30 with chicken in pot. Then shortly before my shift ended, son texted, did I want to meet him at the brewpub for beer and dinner???? Oven was only set to 300, so I knew it was going to be fine for today. Had a beer and something they called a lamb stew, flavour was good, but very little lamb in it, it was more like a soup. So, I thought "well, I'll have some of the chicken when I get home. OOOOPs, didn't set the oven correctly. I didn;t starve, good to not over-eat, right?

bethk

bethk
Admin

I find now that I'm retired I spend a lot of time prepping my meals ~ WAY too much time on my hands.

I always cook my corned beef at least a day ahead & let it cool in the strained cooking liquid so it's easier to slice into nice even slices without falling apart. So that's nothing new for me.

But today I have all my veg ready to go and it's only 2:30 in the afternoon. It'll probably rot on the counter top before I start cooking it. LOL

Neighbor Jim may or may not come ~ he's got someone coming to fix something on his TV and he's not sure how long it will take. No big deal ~ if he's not here it just increases the amount of leftovers.....

Dane asked if I'd cook some of the cauliflower for him since he can't have the potatoes or carrots ~ he thinks if he eats something 'white' he'll convince his mouth it's potato! I also snipped a few of the patio pot green beans to go with the usual carrots & cabbage ~ I think I'm going to skip the onion tonight.....it always falls apart so I don't think I'll miss it.

My cold, cooked corned beef got de-fatted (I do NOT care for the icky fat on the corned beef) and I sliced it with Grandma's trusty electric knife. Man, that thing must be 60 years old and still works as good as the day she got it. It's so funny to see the plug with the same size prongs ~ unlike today's electric appliances that have one wide prong and one narrow prong to plug in.

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_18_12

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_18_13

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE really enjoyed his St. Patrick's Day Supper ~ HE did mention it would have been a bit better if he could have had the potatoes & carrots ~ but he was satisfied with just having cauliflower & beans

I had a HUGE meal ~ couldn't eat it all but I did give it a real try! It's only once a year and worth every bit of work.

I'm already thinking tomorrow might bring some corned beef hash with a soft yolk egg for my brunch.....

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_18_14

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_18_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks great Beth...... We did a c-beef yesterday, and that was a pre-corned beef dinner,
because we will have a c-beef dinner Sunday.
I'm with you on the prep early thing. I even do that with French toast. I fry the toast in the skillet,
and all that has to be done, is to pop the toast in the toaster, come morning.
It's nothing worse than having egg wash / batter, on the counter top whilst there are hungry ones waiting to eat. ...... and by the way Gram,...... It's not a a soft yolk egg.......
......" It's A DIPPY EGG" LOL

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

LOL

You're absolutely correct!!!

NormM

NormM

we had Reuben sandwiches today.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've started my Kale & Garbanzo Stew for tonight's supper. I want to get it completely cooked and allow it to cool down and meld the flavors and textures before reheating for our supper.

I'm not sure if this is going to go over with HIM ~ he knows it's supposed to be a 'main dish' for supper but we've only had it as a 'side dish' in the past with at least some roast chicken and potatoes ~ and we both enjoyed that.

But he can't mix protein with it without upsetting his gut....so only time will tell if it'll be enough to satisfy him as a meal.

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_19_14

bethk

bethk
Admin

As predicted......Corned Beef Hash with a 'DIPPY' egg on top. Made a wonderful lunch ~ which means I was too late in the day to call it 'brunch'.....LOL

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_19_15

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_19_16

bethk

bethk
Admin

HE ended up having two servings of the Kale & Garbanzo Stew ~ either he liked it or he was really hungry (I'm not sure.....). It was pretty tasty ~ for a vegetarian entree. I made some of the fresh green beans just to add a little extra to the meal.

I did have a toasted dinner roll with mine ~ just because HE can't have one ..... HE tells me it's fine if I add something to my meal that I want even if he can't have it.

I felt kind of bad eating it in front of him....but the TV was on so I waited until he turned his head before I took bites........LOL

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_19_17

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just finished the corned beef. Tina cooked, and for 5 people that eat it, she cooked 6 of them. Yes....Six of them. They were medium size ant shrunk to 1/2 the size. There was enough to feed
12 people. The best part was the pickled eggs with red beets. The beef was fork tender.
We slow boiled the beef with all beer.....

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Pan fried ocean perch, baby potatoes,butternut squash and green beans. My story is that the fish was supposed to be blackened, and I’m sticking to that! Lol."

MARCH - 2023 MARCH TO THE STOVE AND GET "COOKIN" - Page 3 03_19_18

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum