Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so the first pic is my Tuesday Night Supper......just a normal evening meal.....

The rest are random pics just because I took them.

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_06_17

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_06_18

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_06_19

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had steaks today, too! ( Tube Steaks to be exact ). LOL
hahahaha............ Chili cheese dogs. The chili was a frozen container that Tina bought in PA. at the restaurant supply. It was good, but not close enough to the one I make. IMO.

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 Img_2216

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I got hungry for some Peaches 'n Cream Scones.....I've made them before and really loved them ~ ~ of course, they're baked treats covered in crunchy sugar & a sweet vanilla glaze. what's not to love??? LOL

I use a recipe from the foodnetwork.com :

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/peaches-and-cream-scones-12041862

Of course, I make adjustments according to MY preferences. IF this batch comes out really good I'll take more pics and explain what I did.

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_16

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just spent about 10 minutes typing out how I made my Peaches 'n Cream Scones and the site dropped my post just as I was adding pics.....

So, here are the pics ~ make up your own story about what I did......

LOL

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_17

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_18

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_19

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_20

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_21

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_22

bethk

bethk
Admin

Remember when I recently made some French Onion Soup?

I was looking through Facebook and saw a post by the 12Tomatoes site ~ and it was one of those "Why-Didn't-I-Ever-Think-of-That" moments......

They added frozen pearl onions to their French Onion Soup for some onion POP!

I just thought it was such a natural and tasty idea.....I'm thinking since I have two quarts of the soup in my freezer that I take the time to brown up/caramelize some pearl onions and then heat my soup with the little onion balls.

Yeah ~ I think that's going to be on my 'to do' list for when I serve the soup again ~ I'll probably thin it out a bit with more chicken/beef boxed stock.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight was fresh made chicken tenders and leftover sides of mashed potatoes, red beets & cucumber/onion salad.

Why is it I don't care for 'leftovers' but leftover sides don't bother me one bit ???

But it was supper and it was good so I'm happy and so is HE.....

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_23

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper tonight was just a big bowl of a garden salad.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just cut up some vegetables & the bones from the rib roast from the other night.

There's a pot of stock in our future!

Will probably use it to make gravy for the leftover beef roast.......

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_08_16

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So far.... Tina took out a package of thin pork cutlets to bread and fry.
She is at the hair salon to get her hair cut. It's an hour away, so I'm betting she gets home,
and is exhausted, and doesn't cook the chops today. LOL

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a couple burger patties thawing.....but it's going to rain.

Don't know if I'll use the gas grill (under the awning ~ depends upon how hard the rain is) or if I'll just turn on the broiler in the toaster oven and call it a day.

No idea of anything to go with the burgers......

My beef stock is smelling really good. I'm just letting it simmer away until every bit of the bones is completely broken down. I'll strain it a couple times and let it cool down in the refrigerator tonight. I know I'll use some for a gravy for the leftover beef for sandwiches but not sure what I'll use the rest for ~ maybe a nice pot of beef & noodles one day ~ haven't made that in years.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I have a couple burger patties thawing.....but it's going to rain.

Don't know if I'll use the gas grill (under the awning ~ depends upon how hard the rain is) or if I'll just turn on the broiler in the toaster oven and call it a day.

No idea of anything to go with the burgers......

My beef stock is smelling really good.  I'm just letting it simmer away until every bit of the bones is completely broken down.  I'll strain it a couple times and let it cool down in the refrigerator tonight.  I know I'll use some for a gravy for the leftover beef for sandwiches but not sure what I'll use the rest for ~ maybe a nice pot of beef & noodles one day ~ haven't made that in years.

Scalloped potatoes goes well with burgers. Even baked beans. We usually have the small cans of Bushes baked beans, which goes well with burgers or hot dogs. Idea

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Those are both good ideas, Jimmy.....

But I saw I had a couple zucchini I had forgotten about in the refrigerator drawer and a sweet potato was sitting on the countertop in the way....so, sides they are!

The stock is still simmering away ~ I just tasted a bit of meat coming off the bone and it still has flavor so I'll let it go in hopes all the beef flavor ends up in my stock.

bethk

bethk
Admin

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_08_17

A very simple supper of toaster oven broiled burgers, baked sweet potato & a side of zucchini/onion.

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight, first picture of rainbow trout and potatoes as they came out of the oven. Then picture of my plate including my little tomato/cucumber salad with the fish and potatoes.

Couldn’t add lemon slices ‘cause I need the only lemon I have left for the party tomorrow.

As an aside to tomorrow, we are having a get-together in my building. Sort of to say “hopefully Covid is at bay’ we have sold 56 tickets, there are 157 units here and I hope to meet some young people here. (I am head of the social committee which organizes these things) I’m tired and want someone else to take over"

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_08_18

(( Note to Lore ~ I only got one picture.......b. ))

bethk

bethk
Admin

I ended up with two quarts of beef stock from simmering the bones, etc., from the rib roast. I have a quart in the freezer and the rest I used to make some gravy to reheat the leftover beef, sliced thin, for tonight's supper.

I'm just going to have it with some boiled potatoes and carrots ~ because I think the colors will be nice......

bethk

bethk
Admin

Tonight's supper was less than stellar......LEFTOVERS.......what can I say?

I did like the carrots, the potatoes (cooked fresh) were OK ~ but the leftover beef in the gravy tasted like LEFTOVER BEEF.....and it wasn't anything that I wanted.

But, it's over and I won't have to have it again......

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_09_16

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

A frozen personal pizza for me, and Tina had her leftover shepherds pie.

I made waffles with bisquick this morning. No cigar with them. Bisquick is off my list for waffles.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:I just spent about 10 minutes typing out how I made my Peaches 'n Cream Scones and the site dropped my post just as I was adding pics.....

So, here are the pics ~ make up your own story about what I did......

LOL

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_17

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_18

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_19

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_20

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_21

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_07_22

I make a lot of scones. Have never made a peach scone. They look delicious

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks, Judy. I really like them ~ I did add more finely chopped peaches than the recipe called for (I had made them before and thought they could use more fruit). The TV program I watched when Kardea Brown made them, she used frozen peaches ~ but I preferred the fresh.....plus the fresh weren't as much liquid as the frozen.

Use your own recipe and sub in the chopped peaches for the fruit ~

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight......going to go out with neighbor Jim.

You all can guess how upset I am.

(( NOT !!! ))

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:No cooking tonight......going to go out with neighbor Jim.

You all can guess how upset I am.

((     NOT !!!    ))

LOL
ENJOY!

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The freezer reach and pull, and whatta ya get?
Stuffed cabbages. No cooking; just heating in the lectric frying pan.
Yay.... room in the freezer. A plus, was a box of Friendly's ice cream sandwiches in the back side caverns.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight, first picture of rainbow trout and potatoes as they came out of the oven. Then picture of my plate including my little tomato/cucumber salad with the fish and potatoes.

Couldn’t add lemon slices ‘cause I need the only lemon I have left for the party tomorrow.

As an aside to tomorrow, we are having a get-together in my building. Sort of to say “hopefully Covid is at bay’  we have sold 56 tickets, there are 157 units here and I hope to meet some young people here. (I am head of the social committee which organizes these things) I’m tired and want someone else to take over"

September, 2022 ~ Who else is looking forward to the temperatures cooling a bit? - Page 2 09_08_18

((  Note to Lore ~ I only got one picture.......b.  ))

Sorry about that, I thought I sent two, and have now deleted my originals. But, imagine a big piece of the trout, the potatoes, a colourful tomato, cucumber and onion salad! LOL

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

BBQ hot dogs today. Tina is cooking them on simmer now!
I see a slab of beef on the counter thawing. I guess for stir fry..... I didn't ask.
Today is that kind of "Shut yer mouth" day!
It's raining, and 64 degrees out. I'm watching BBC tv funeral of the Queen ....

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have all the ingredients prepped for a 'faux Applebee's' Grilled Oriental Chicken Salad.....I don't have any red cabbage so green will do.

Nothing sounds all that great to me ~ still in that 'cooking funk' ~ so if any meal strikes a chord with me that's what I go with. No rhyme or reason to my choices.

Actually, I think it's something we'll both enjoy.

I did pick up a nice loaf of Puerto Rican bread ~ looks like a French baguette.....kind of crisp & chewy on the outside and tender on the inside. Let's face it, ANY bread is a real treat for me!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum