Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now?

+2
Cookin Lore
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Cookin Lore

Doing two shifts in my new volunteering job has changed my life significantly. I am feeling muscles that have been hiding for years. I do 4 hours on cash on Tuesdays and 4 hours on Saturday putting new housewares products out on the sales floor. Lots of bending and stretching. Cash is busy, and has to keep me on my mental toes. People are friendly, lots of grandparents shopping for Christmas presents already. THere seems to be one unhappy customer per shift, though. Yesterday a lady brought back a plate that she had bought for $1.50 on Saturday........ Her reason? some of the design was not "perfect" it looked like it had been washed in the dishwasher,, and why would we sell something like that?... I reminded her that everything in the store is second hand, and that's the reason the plate was $1.50 and not $20.00 She found another plate (same design) that she felt was better, so we just exchanged it. She went home happy, I thought it didn't look any different. LOL

When I got home, I was happy that I had leftover goulasch, cooked some pasta and crashed on my chair. Being on cash strains my shoulders and arms. There's lots of packaging and wrapping to do. FUN, mostly.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Easy supper ~ Dane fired up a pile of charcoal and I grilled a couple burgers (he had HIS on a bun with cheese & sliced onion) and I sauteed some zucchini & onion.....

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 10_20_17

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made beef cubes in gravy, and served over noodles. ( kibbles & bits ).

I'm getting tired of beef cubes. Beef stew / soup / DD's beef stew....
Tina said, " would you rather have CHICKEN ???? October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 1f62c

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

I had a few mushrooms, a leek and a butternut squash that needed to be dealt with. So, I sauteed the leek and mushrooms, chopped up the squash, added some spices and grated cheese and stuck it in a dish in the oven alongside two chicken legs. Enough for tomorrow too. It was really good, but don't ask me for the recipe, I just kept adding stuff! LOL Will send a picture to you, Beth.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina made beef cubes in gravy, and served over noodles. ( kibbles & bits ).

Tina said, " would you rather have CHICKEN ????   October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 1f62c

How about some pork tenderloin?......ravioli?........lasagna?........Susan's Meatballs?

That's about it for suggestions..........

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina made beef cubes in gravy, and served over noodles. ( kibbles & bits ).

Tina said, " would you rather have CHICKEN ????   October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 1f62c

How about some pork tenderloin?......ravioli?........lasagna?........Susan's Meatballs?

That's about it for suggestions..........

Yeahhhhh! Susan's Meat balls sounds good. I'm looking at ravioli, and that is envisioning pierogi. Umm. Fried onions and sour cream.
I will pass that on. Thanks Beth. October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 2453703928

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:I had a few mushrooms, a leek and a butternut squash that needed to be dealt with.  So, I sauteed the leek and mushrooms, chopped up the squash, added some spices and grated cheese and stuck it in a dish in the oven alongside  two chicken legs.  Enough for tomorrow too.  It was really good, but don't ask me for the recipe, I just kept adding stuff! LOL Will send a picture to you, Beth.

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 10_20_18

bethk

bethk
Admin

I looked in the freezer and saw a package of hot dogs.....I knew there was a can of Bush's Homestyle Baked Beans in the pantry ~ Supper determined! I didn't realize the buns were already split so I cut one from the top....WHOOPS! I just ate it along side MY dog.

That just about sizes up my day........

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 10_21_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nothing to eat yet. Stomach issues today. Tina too.
Maybe toast and tea, or ginger ale.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Feel better, Jimmy & Ms. Tina!

Cookin Lore

Sorry to read about tummy issues. I just ate a bit here and a bit there today. And washed it down with some great Niagara white! Tomorrow I another day to cook!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane was a happy camper tonight ~ TACOS! Woo Hoo!! And a side of guacamole.....

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 10_22_13

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Lamb steak and fingerling potatoes done in the oven. And Greek salad."

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 10_22_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

tINA WAS SHOPPING IN PA .....oops! caps on, too tired to fix it.
Just had fresh Kielbasa loaf on rye; with macaroni salad on the side.
Had Krispy Kreme doughnuts, cookies, and 2 small slices of pizza.
Then 2 after dinner mints. The kids are coming over Sunday for cake, and to celebrate my birthday. 77 today.

bethk likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:tINA WAS SHOPPING IN PA .....oops! caps on, too tired to fix it.
Then 2 after dinner mints.  The kids are coming over Sunday for cake, and to celebrate my birthday. 77 today.

Happy Birthday Jimmy.. Hope you have a good one October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 863604796

bethk

bethk
Admin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIMMY!

LET THERE BE CAKE!!!

((**Sorry for the belated wishes ~ that's what happens when you hang with OLD people! ))

NormM

NormM

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you everyone. 77 now.

Cookin Lore

Happy b-day Jimmy!  I am MUCH older than you!  I hit that 77 in June! LOL

Planning a b-day dinner for my Uncle Ernie for tomorrow.  He turns 89 on Monday, so we'll have a pre b-day dinner tomorrow.   I think I'm going to splurge and get some Halibut steaks.  There will be just three of us, Uncle, his son, and me.  

For myself for today, I have something in my freezer to defrost, so it will be a surprise dinner! LOL

On edit. I'm back, couldn't find any Halibut steaks, so I bought a large rainbow trout, so it will be stuffed. One market I went to has a great takeout section, so I bought takeout chicken, rice, vegetables.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Thanks Lore for the birthday wishes.
########################################
Tonight .... TV dinners for Tina and me. Hungry Man Ooops!
I meant Hungry Person Swanson frozen dinners.

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:tINA WAS SHOPPING IN PA .....oops! caps on, too tired to fix it.
Then 2 after dinner mints.  The kids are coming over Sunday for cake, and to celebrate my birthday. 77 today.

Happy Birthday Jimmy.. Hope you have a good one October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 863604796

Thank you Imelda....

Imelda HL likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight. Darlene & I went out to First Watch Restaurant for breakfast this morning. I had their steel cut oatmeal ~ comes with fruit & nuts and a muffin. I was stuffed all day! I have the blueberry muffin on the counter to have in the morning for my breakfast then.

I ended up reheating the chicken & stuffing for Dane's supper. About 2 hours later I had half a bag of microwave popcorn.

Now I have to come up with an idea of what to cook for tomorrow..........Hmmmmmm

JanaAZ

I saw a new to me type of squash called red kuri. It looked interesting so I bought it. It sort of tastes like a butternut squash so I made a Thai curry red kuri soup. Came out good. Steve isn’t a fan of squash soup so it’s all mine mOctober, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 Deda8d10
October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 433afa10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was carryout from Toscana's tonight. I had fish, and the others, kids and Tina, had meatballs, calamari, and all sorts of cookies and cannoli.
It was all great, and everyone was full.

bethk likes this post

100October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 4 Empty Re: October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now? Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:I saw a new to me type of squash called red kuri. It looked interesting so I bought it. It sort of tastes like a butternut squash so I made a Thai curry red kuri soup. Came out good. Steve isn’t a fan of squash soup so it’s all mine

I, too, just had the red kuri squash. I just cut and baked. Turns out it's a hubbard variety, which I could almost taste once I saw the reference in my search. My grandmother use to grow those giant, hard-to-cut hubbards. That was a lot of squash to roast & then can for the winter.

I would buy the red kuri again but will continue to look for new varieties I've not tried yet.

(I used my leftover butternut squash to make a soup base that I stashed in the freezer awaiting a time when I'm hungry for it ~ I'll just thaw, heat, add some cream and enjoy. As at your house, it's all MINE! Dane's not a fan of the soup although he'll eat any squash I roast for supper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum