Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now?

+2
Cookin Lore
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? Empty October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now? Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:36 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm thinking it just might be Pizza Delivery or Carry Out. I'm still having problems thinking of something that sounds good.....

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

Cookin Lore

I think mine will be carryout or leftovers.  Starting a new "JOB" today.  A volunteering position with a thrift shop.  Called the Christian Benefit Shop.  That shop is where pretty well all my linens etc. went when I downsized.  And all the hospital equipment we had for my mom and my sister.  The shop is affiliated with the MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) which does a lot of work in developing countries. Our local area ships a lot of goods to Haiti. That's where the hospital equipment went.

I will be doing two 4 hour shifts per week.  One will be in their fashion department, the other on cash.  I am really looking forward to it, getting out, seeing other people again.  And having a chance to wear something other than sloppy sit on the couch stuff!

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I am thinking of a nice batch of chili over spaghetti, or rice. Too early to really tell yet!

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Changed my mind.  Burgers over charcoal.....baked potatoes & broccoli/cauliflower mix.

I took a 'walk' through the refrigerator and decided there was stuff that needed to be used......

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_01_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had sausage and peppers. It was Doctor day for Tina.
She is feeling a little better, and glad to be getting back to cooking and shopping.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

My "walk through" of my freezer showed me that I have a one track mind taking my shopping to the seafood section. I will be eating fish and shrimp pretty well every other day for a while! For dinner last night, I pulled out some leftovers. Rice, marinara sauce with a lot of mushrooms, shrimp and scallops. LOL

I have no chicken, so that's what I'll get today for a change.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I blurted.... "Hey Christine, howz about a pot of chicken soup?"....
Now, 2 hours later... She granted my wish, and the house smells lovely.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pork steak (aka: pork shoulder chops) were on sale BOGO ~ so, tonight was braised pork done the same way I learned watching Tina do her braised potatoes & onions ~ the seasoned & pounded pork steak was dredged in flour & browned in olive oil. Then a douse of chicken stock and the addition of an onion cut into wedges ~ all simmered for about 45 minutes until the pork was tender and the liquid was reduced to a gravy-like consistency. I spooned some of the sauce over my mashed boiled potatoes. Had steamed cabbage, seasoned with Tony Chatchere's Cajun Seasoning along side.

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_02_22

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a salad, and a meatloaf sandwich on rye, with horse radish....
Tina had mashed potatoes and gravy.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

We're having leftovers (again.....sigh) so I'm not really happy. But it's good to get the dishes out of the refrigerator. There won't be any pictures ~ you've seen it all before (recently).

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti and fusilli macaroni's and meatballs, and a salad.
Tina baked a yellow cake with chocolate icing.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Got sort of ambitious today. Made a stuffed pork tenderloin and a squash (forgot the name) I even tied the tenderloin. It was really good. Stuffing was sautéed onion, thre different peppers, garlic, parsley adn then breadcrumbs and chicken stock. Made too much of the stuffing, so I added it to the squash too. Cheese on the squash would have been nice. Next time!"

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_03_11

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_03_12

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Pork steak (aka: pork shoulder chops) were on sale BOGO ~ so, tonight was braised pork done the same way I learned watching Tina do her braised potatoes & onions ~ the seasoned & pounded pork steak was dredged in flour & browned in olive oil.  Then a douse of chicken stock and the addition of an onion cut into wedges ~ all simmered for about 45 minutes until the pork was tender and the liquid was reduced to a gravy-like consistency.  I spooned some of the sauce over my mashed boiled potatoes.  Had steamed cabbage, seasoned with Tony Chatchere's Cajun Seasoning along side.

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_02_22

Bought some pork steak last night, I will cook this soon, I might add some mushrooms in the onions.

Just wondering, anyone else experience their FB down? I can't get on my WA or FB this morning

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:We had sausage and peppers. It was Doctor day for Tina.
She is feeling a little better, and glad to be getting back to cooking and shopping.

We had some Italian sausage and spaghetti squash last night. It was good. Dirk has some spaghetti squash grow in our backyard

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:

Just wondering, anyone else experience their FB down? I can't get on my WA or FB this morning

I was on Facebook this morning (earlier than you....) but it's not responding now. Must be their system is down.

(( And, NO, I didn't post anything so it wasn't ME who broke it! Hahahahahahahaha! ))

Cookin Lore

Heard on my car radio that FB and other social media are down. Maybe there really is a GOD????

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cookin Lore wrote:Heard on my car radio that FB and other social media are down.  Maybe there really is a GOD????

lol! October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 2876911673 October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 2876911673

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went walking at the store today to see if anything caught my eye of what to fix for supper. I saw a small package of boneless beef short ribs ~ I've used it before instead of a large beef roast and it's always pretty tasty. So, that's what was for supper. I even broke open a fresh bottle of Kirkland Malbec red wine to braise it with. My daughter suggested I pick it up when I was at Costco. She said it's pretty tasty ~ so I DID do a taste test before I used it.......two juice glass fulls! LOL

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_04_16

Imelda HL likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

FYI ~ For those interested......Facebook is back................

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Leftovers from last night. More of the pork tenderloin, but placed differently to see The cut part. And, the stuffed squash shown differently. Then a few slices of a Hasselback potato that I did. Throw in some broccoli for something green, and this looks different, right?"

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_04_17

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:I went walking at the store today to see if anything caught my eye of what to fix for supper.  I saw a small package of boneless beef short ribs ~ I've used it before instead of a large beef roast and it's always pretty tasty.  So, that's what was for supper.  I even broke open a fresh bottle of Kirkland Malbec red wine to braise it with.  My daughter suggested I pick it up when I was at Costco.  She said it's pretty tasty ~ so I DID do a taste test before I used it.......two juice glass fulls!  LOL

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_04_16

bounce bounce bounce When people aske me about cooking with wine, I say "Absolutely, wine in the glass, not so much in the food!"

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had dreams of making just enough goulash for one meal for the two of us.

Alas, it was only a dream.............

(( sigh ))

Enough leftovers for another full meal.

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 10_05_11

NormM

NormM

I tried a new recipe. It's German Meatballs. Sauerkraut was part of the recipe.October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 20211010

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I cooked Braised Porkchop with onion then poured some mushroom sauce I made the other day

D's plate, a full size porkchop with baked potato and cabbage
October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? Af6f8c10

Mine, half of the chop with seasoned rice and Indonesian salsa
October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 30addc10

My first time baking walnut roll, it was so good
October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? 5949b910

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhhh, MY! I can only imagine how fabulous those walnut rolls would taste with a cup of coffee at about 10:30 in the morning......

Beautiful!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum