Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now?

+2
Cookin Lore
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Same here. Although, we have been hitting the Halloween candy frequently.
SOooooo tempting. " Three musketeers candy bars, for three extra bellies"...and three extra pounds!"LOL

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I asked Dane if he wanted a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with his chili for supper.  He said it sounded good, especially if I added BACON to it.  Just goes to prove:  No good deed goes unpunished.....

Actually, it's not a big deal since I have individual slices of bacon in the freezer ~ layered between plastic wrap in a single layer & then stacked & frozen, wrapped in foil so it doesn't get freezer burned.

I just had a toasted bakery roll with my bowl of chili.  (big surprise since I don't eat cheese, huh?)

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 10_29_14

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 10_29_18

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 10_29_17

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina brought home pork fried rice, and egg rolls.
She must have been hungry, because she bought 2 QUARTS of it.
Only Tina and I to eat it.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight, Hasselback potato, pork ribs with a ketchup/brown sugar glaze and simple steamed sprouts. Huge potato that I coudn't finish!"

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 10_29_19

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was leftover pork fried rice, and I am still hungry!
And ya know what? There is still a quart of that rice left.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, that rice may just last through next week!

We went out to eat tonight ~ DD#1 had mentioned she was having empanadas the other day for lunch and I've been hungry for them ever since.....not hungry enough to MAKE any, but hungry for them just the same! So, we went out and I had empanadas, black beans & rice and fried sweet plantains. HE ordered his usual Cuban sandwich and wasn't able to finish it all.

Now I'm sorry I over ate ~ but I'll be fine in an hour or so if I go walk around the courtyard and help everything settle down.

132October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 Empty Re: October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now? Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:45 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Pizza, sort of. I had a piece of flatbread in the freezer from when I was experimenting with store bought pizza dough. So, I took it out and added a bunch of pizza toppings, sauce, some panchetta, anchovies, olives, cheese. It was great. Crust a little crunchy, but my teeth work! Lol"

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 10_30_14

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD#1 told me she's considering getting an Ooni Pizza Oven.  I didn't know what she was referring to so I looked it up and then started watching videos on YouTube.  What a fun piece of equipment!  It comes in a propane fired, wood/charcoal fired and wood pellet fired design and cooks a pizza in about 90 seconds outdoors.

I also oogled at the idea of doing fire roasted vegetables and chicken wings and steaks on cast iron griddles set in the fire box......so many fascinating things to play with.

I doubt I'd spring for one ~ they're fairly pricey ($400 - $500) but would be fun if money was no object.

I've always wanted to know someone who had a built-in wood fired pizza oven just to play around with.  Kind of like knowing someone who owns a nice boat so you can visit once in a while to go on a relaxing cruise around the lake ~ WITHOUT the cash to purchase/maintain it.  LOL

But if you're in the market for yet another FUN cooking method, check it out:  Ooni Pizza Oven.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed a small pork tenderloin ~ I really do like that I trim them when I buy them and break them down into meal-size portions. It makes it so easy to have a quick meal without any prep.

I also had some thin green beans I picked up at our local Aldi ~ French Green Beans, already snipped and ready to rinse & cook. I really like them because they're always tender and cook evenly. Of course, HE decided they were 'stringy' and refused to eat them. I didn't find any strings or tough bits. To each they're own, I guess. I also baked off the last of the butternut squash I picked up when they were on sale ~ HUGE! But it was perfectly ripe and really good tasting. I'll have more to stuff into a quart size container to stash in the freezer for when I want a nice squash casserole some other time.

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 10_31_10

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight boneless chicken thighs with rice mushroom medley. Tomato, cucumber and onion salad. Can’t see the chicken thighs, bu they are there! Lol"

October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 10_31_11

136October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 Empty Re: October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now? Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:43 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was spaghetti and meat sauce. We ate, and the kids, and grand, and great grand kids enjoyed it, as trick or treaters came a knocking at the door for their
candy treats..... Ice cream cake for dessert. We also celebrated GGS Liam's 5th birthday today. A Halloween birthday.

bethk and NormM like this post

137October, 2021   What's in the kitchen now? - Page 6 Empty Re: October, 2021 What's in the kitchen now? Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:56 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thread Closed.....Move to November, 2021!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum