Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens!

+3
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina made us a tomato salad. I ate mine with wads of torn bread. This morning, she made a pot of split pea soup. Diced small potatoes, carrots, and ham.
We also picked on peel and eat shrimp.
Shark cookies for dessert. Very Happy  

Jimmy, do you have the picture of shark cookies, I'm curious how it looks like

I don't know, but I will try to get one. DD has pics.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina made us a tomato salad. I ate mine with wads of torn bread. This morning, she made a pot of split pea soup. Diced small potatoes, carrots, and ham.

Here is the two kind of shark cookies.
DD uses a butter dough, and uses a cookie cutters to get the fish shape.

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 Shark_10

bethk and Imelda HL like this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Our little friend returned this evening ~ about the same time as last night......

He must like us!

(or we have bugs he's checking out..........)

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 07_20_13

I just looked at this again, and saw the colour on you feathered friend's head and chest. Great picture.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Our little friend returned this evening ~ about the same time as last night......

He must like us!

(or we have bugs he's checking out..........)

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 07_20_13
lol! ...Probably time to load up the ole "Daisy"...

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

The Red Ryder is leaning next to the table out in the courtyard that has the 'Leg Lamp' sitting on it.............

((do you really think I would shoot a cute little bird? ))

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

10 - minute supper......Chicken Chunks drizzled with the Teriyaki Sauce, microwaved broccoli (3 minutes), noodles for me (8 minutes) and leftover fried rice for HIM......

Darlene came down to chit chat and didn't leave until 4:45 ~ she doesn't have supper until 6:30 and thinks everyone else is the same.  ((Dane says supper is at 5:00! ~ ~ unless I don't have it ready and then it's whenever I say, "Time to eat!"     LOL))

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 07_21_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:10 - minute supper......Chicken Chunks drizzled with the Teriyaki Sauce, microwaved broccoli (3 minutes), noodles for me (8 minutes) and leftover fried rice for HIM......

Darlene came down to chit chat and didn't leave until 4:45 ~ she doesn't have supper until 6:30 and thinks everyone else is the same.  ((Dane says supper is at 5:00! ~ ~ unless I don't have it ready and then it's whenever I say, "Time to eat!"     LOL))

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 07_21_14

That's funny you mentioned that. That was the discussion at the 6:00 dinner tonight. It varies, but we eat around 4:30 and 5:00.
The kids eat late ~~ 7:30 - 8:30. Mad    Way too late for me and Tina.My question to Tina was, "Who decided what time dinner was to be eaten?"

Imelda HL likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bows with Meatballs for supper tonight.

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 Bows10

Imelda HL likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

The Red Ryder is leaning next to the table out in the courtyard that has the 'Leg Lamp' sitting on it.............

I don't know Beth, but if it were a little more plump, I may give it a second thought that you would. hahahahahaha
Like in the movie, they ate duck for their thanksgiving bird.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:

Here is the two kind of shark cookies.
DD uses a butter dough, and uses a cookie cutters to get the fish shape.

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 Shark_10

Thank you Jimmy, now I know Razz

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Bird looks kinda scrawny anyway!

Leftovers tonight developed into a new, delicious dinner for me. I had been snacking today, didn't feel like cooking so I looked what I had in the fridge. Some couscous leftover from last night and part of a container of marinated seafood. You know, some shrimp, baby octopus tentacles, squid rings, hot peppers and little onions in oil. Combined them and I think I have a new meal Yumm! but no picture.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

We eat at 2 PM, lunch/dinner, whatever you want to call it. Usually around that time my MiL is hungry (she has a pastry or a bowl of oatmeal/cereal at 9 AM for her breakfast), it will be D's brunch ( he only drinks coffee in the morning), sometimes we have evening/night snacks, my MiL likes a piece of pie and ice cream, D and I will have whatever snacks or seasonal fruits we have handy.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Been in the hospital this week. The chemo made me so sick. I couldn't eat or drink. Everything tastest like burnt tires. I fainted at the top of the stairs and rolled all the way down. Head and neck are pretty sore. Now I have to be on TPN 24 hours a day so I don't die from starvation. I am home now so I can try different things that dont taste so bad. My hair is starting to fall out so now I have to find some scarves.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, goodness, Bugs ~ I'm so sorry it's not going well.

How long are your scheduled chemo treatments?

You're always in my prayers for a speedy recovery and to be pain free. Hang in there. It's got to get better.

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am supposed to have 3 more chemo sessions, each one 21 days apart. Each session is 3 days of poison dripped into my body. The stuff is brutal. Everything tastes like burnt tires. My stomach hurt and I am nauseous. And now my hair is starting to fall out. I had to have a picc line put in for feedings.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Praying for you.....

Cookin Lore

OH DEAR! I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. However, I do know (at least in part) what you're going through. I am now 22 years past my sessions and I hope and pray that you will come through it also and we can look forward to reading about your adventures soon.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Debbie, you are in our thoughts always.

#########################################
Leftovers for today. We got a doorknob notice by the power company
stating they had to shut down power to work on the lines today at between 9 & 3 PM
We got the generator ready, and circuits selected. They parked down the road, shut off power at 9:05, and the Generator had come on; and all ok. At 10:00..... power came back on. So, all that for less than an hour of no power. I say, better to be prepared.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's hot today ~ we're going out to eat tonight ~ So, no cooking in the kitchen.

I'm happy!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Things changed.... Not many leftovers; so....
So far..... we had appetizers of beer battered; cheese stuffed zucchini flowers.
I had a Kosher salami sandwich on rye bread. DD is having grilled chicken, and grilled steak for her boy friend.
Tina had mashed potatoes. Her stomach can tolerate that when she is feeling ill.
It's like a Diner here. Everyone having something different.😊

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Made a stupid, stupid mistake a few days ago. I bought what I thought was shredded mozzarella. That’s the white pieces that look like raw spaghetti on my stuffed mushrooms and pepper! It’s a vegan cheese! I wanted to make stuffed mushrooms using rice, yellow pepper, some already fried mushrooms and onions and some small pieces of the bass I was also baking. I thought I had bought cheese and started to wonder about it when I saw that it was not melting in the oven. Even the pieces that are in the middle of the stuffing stayed as hard as raw spaghetti. The flavour of my stuffing is great, I hope the vegan crap softens up in my stomach or intestines before I get rid of it.

I only ate about half of what I made, not sure if I’m keeping the rest or it goes in the garbage. Will try to replicate the stuffing using real cheese another day."

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! - Page 6 07_22_12

bethk

bethk
Admin

Birthday dinner with Lyn & Bill ~ I over drank, over ate and now I'm attempting to keep my eyes open at the computer.........

All is good ~ but......

Goodnight!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Bugster2 wrote:Been in the hospital this week. The chemo made me so sick. I couldn't eat or drink. Everything tastest like burnt tires. I fainted at the top of the stairs and rolled all the way down. Head and neck are pretty sore. Now I have to be on TPN 24 hours a day so I don't die from starvation. I am home now so I can try different things that dont taste so bad. My hair is starting to fall out so now I have to find some scarves.

I hope you feel better soon Debbie

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Birthday dinner with Lyn & Bill ~ I over drank, over ate and now I'm attempting to keep my eyes open at the computer.........

All is good ~ but......

Goodnight!

Happy Birthday Beth, Hope you had fun on your special day cheers

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:

Happy Birthday Beth, Hope you had fun on your special day cheers

Thanks, Imelda! We went to one of the 'nicer' country clubs.....Lobster Bisque, Filet of Beef with a Port Wine Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli/carrots and Creme Brulee for dessert ~ along with a couple fabulous Peach Cosmos to drink.

Quite honestly, after the way I felt from overeating ~ I'm glad we don't do that often!

Tonight I have some chicken thighs seasoned to cook on the gas grill and some cauliflower broken up to get browned with a bit of olive oil, red pepper flakes and s&p. I'll pre-cook a potato in the microwave and finish it on the grill so we can split it between the two of us.

I also made a garbanzo bean salad ~ cucumber, onion, carrot, tomatoes, celery with a lemony Greek dressing I made (equal parts of lemon juice & olive oil, s&p, Greek oregano and a tiny bit of honey to balance the fresh lemon juice). I'm glad Lore mentioned how she cooked her dry Garbanzo beans ~ so easy to do and so good! I've found if I soak them overnight they are cooked in less than 30 minutes ~ I add salt after 20 minutes and that seems to be just right for my taste.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum