Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals

+5
cookingirl
bethk
Bugster2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 23]

1FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina is wishing for Beef stroganoff ..... with mashed potatoes and gravy!

I will prep everything for HER to cook it. I could go for some broccoli with it too.

2FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

HA  I am having smoked pork chop and sausage and pasta salad.. cheers and I did not lift a finger....

3FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have learned a lot from CI but not everything I have read do I agree with. Same with his equipment reviews. Kimble has absolutely no idea what authentic Mexican food tastes like or how it is made.

4FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have learned a lot from CI but not everything I have read do I agree with. Same with his equipment reviews. Kimble has absolutely no idea what authentic Mexican food tastes like or how it is made.

I'm with you bugs .... 100%

5FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Supper was pretty tasty....even Mr. Amazing admitted to 'liking' the braised kale. The last time I had it (prepped the exact same way) he said it was bitter and he didn't think it tasted good at all. Now, all of a sudden, when he's reading about how it's good for him and has low calories.....well, it's good stuff. Geesh! The man drives me to drink! ((actually, I'd drink whether he was here or not ! LOL))

But supper was a pan braised pork loin chop (seasoned with Barb's Hungarian 'special' stuff), braised kale with bacon & shallots and we split a large sweet potato.

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  02.01.16

6FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had the beef stroganoff over rice for me. Tina had mashed potatoes and the gravy.
I would have rather had wide egg noodles, but I finished the white rice from yesterdays Chinese leftover rice.

No pics.... Tina said my dish looked like a cow flop on it.
Oh! wait....I think she has one on her cell phone. LOL

Here it is.....

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  OZ02mD

7FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Posted in January lol

I said that looks good to me. I do like wide noodles with mine. Have not had that in years .

Btw you guys know xmas is over right lol

8FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Posted in January lol

I said that looks good to me. I do like wide noodles with mine. Have not had that in years .

Btw you guys know xmas is over right lol

I know that, and I HATE those heavy thick plates, and they cool the food off so quickly. Tina has to change them out with our Correlle ones.
Tina says they are snow men, and winter is still here! LOL....

Then we have the bigger ones like that. Thank God she didn't give me that one.

9FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  12439216_10206578609798131_8038676105100923426_n

Pretty sure the pizza dough is ready... affraid FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  2876911673 FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  2876911673 FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  2876911673

10FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:28 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

I made chicken cutlets....had the butcher smoosh them down a bit...lite flour coating, then egg, then seasoned bread crumbs....fried in some corn oil (that is how my mom cooked them)....oh so good...

along with a sweet potato..yes, Beth-it was a big one so I started it in the microwave....still prefer roasting in the oven...better flavor, but I was short on time..

and just some corn...I love corn...

Good supper, and I am stuffed!!!

Have enough for leftovers!!!

11FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No real planned supper today! Tina was in stomach distress all last night.
She had applesauce and apple juice for supper.
I had a romaine lettuce and tomato salad. Then, a bowl of dole tomato and vegetable soup.
It comes in a box .... and really good. I was surprised..

12FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Poor Tina! I hope she gets treatment soon.

We had pasta primavera. I threw in some leftover shrimp from the night before into the sauce and everyone really liked it.

13FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Poor Tina! I hope she gets treatment soon.

We had pasta primavera. I threw in some leftover shrimp from the night before into the sauce and everyone really liked it.

Thanks bugs. T has a fluorescent dye test for tuesday next week.
The Dr wants to see the film animation as the dye is filled into the colon; so that he could see the spot that is leaking.

Last night for supper, she had a blockage in the stomach and it irritated it.
Her stomach is only the size of a plum. ( Bariatric Bypass Surgery in 2000.)
I took care of her today, and fed her apple sauce, & apple juice.
Then later, a 1/2 slice of toast with jam on it.
She loves tea with honey but one of her friends told her that tea has too much acid, and that's why her stomach was irritated. (( BULL )) I say!!
I am about to research that right now. I know fats and oils are not good for a messed up stomach! ... I have that problem myself.

14FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:07 am

NormM

NormM

I had a salad for dinner. It was a mayo dressing with chicken, ham and cheese on top of a bed of lettuce. I didn't take pictures but here are the ingredients. I used chicken instead of turkey.

2t white vinegar
1 1/2t lemon juice
2t finely minced onions or 1 1/2t onion juice
1 1/2t sugar
1 1/2t Dijon mustard
1/4t dry mustard
1C mayonnaise, regular or 1 cup low fat
2T chopped fresh parsley
1 hard-boiled egg, diced
salt
SALAD
14oz ham, cut into strips
14oz cooked turkey breast, cut into strips
14oz Swiss cheese, cut into strips
1/2C sweet gherkin, slivered
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
12-16 pimento stuffed olives

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

15FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  005%2045_1

salad here too..

16FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Tea can be very acidic. Depends upon what kind.

17FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Tea can be very acidic. Depends upon what kind.

Yes!.... you are right. She uses the Black tea, and lets it steep over a minute.
She is going to just throw in the bag for 20 seconds from now on.
Plus... I was doing research on drops to neutralize acid in the body, and found
this liquid from the Amish years old recipe, that you take when that stomach acid and reflux starts.

Here it is below! Tina already uses their leg cramp formula, and it works in a minute....

http://www.stopsacidreflux.com/?gclid=CLzSouPb2soCFdMYHwodNJMLLQ

18FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina is much better today. That's because Dr. Jimmy nursed her to feeling better by feeding her bland.

Tonight will be soup. Crackers, and jello for dessert.

19FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  008%20123

another salad for me..Cleaning out the veggie bin for buying fresh.

20FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:50 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks like everyone is eating 'healthy' these last couple days. Good for all of you!

I got to the cold north ~ boy, I don't miss this weather one bit!

Not a lot of cooking going on. DD#1 & SIL left at 4:30 this am for the airport to fly to Aruba. I have a 15 yr. old with a fever and an 11 yr. old who started missing her mom before she went to bed last night. It's not right! The GS hasn't been ill in years.....must be something he caught from the younger kids at the classes he helps out with. DD insists if he can get the fever to go down with ibuprofen that he can go to school....he wants to go because he says it's too hard to catch up if he misses a day.

I got left with 6 pages printed out of schedule/instructions of who goes where and when. I think I'm glad I worked when my girls were young instead of trying to keep up with their schedules of activities. Most of theirs were centered around before/after school. The grandchildren have activities not associated with school so it's run them here and there. Thank heavens for Garmin GPS! I told DD my biggest fear is losing one of the children and having to come up with an excuse for why they aren't home! LOL

I think we'll have something light for supper tonight. If they have their way supper will be Ramen soup and a salad ~ I've never seen such healthy eating. The Ramen is a favorite because they only get it once in a while when Mom is busy.

As soon as the GS is feeling better we are suppose to go to 'Smash Burgers' for supper. GD says it's really good food. She likes the fried vegetables....we'll see. Their dad said if they want to go out every night it's OK because if he & Mom are on vacation, so should the kids. I'm thinking a couple times might be OK but we'll try to fit in a real meal once or twice, too.

21FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow!... no vacation fer grandma I see.
I think if the mom and dad are on vacation, and the kids can be on vacation too, by eating out, I would think, gram should be able to hire a driver to shuffle the kids around.
OOooops .... I forgot, the last name isn't Trump!

22FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:37 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

My DH just doesn't listen to me. He took Roomie around to run some errands because her car is in the shop. They were going to stop at the grocery store. Great! I give him the store ad with a picture of some steaks and flap meat on special. I have the picture circled. I tell him to pick up some steaks, not the flap meat because we have plenty of it in the freezer. He comes home with the flap meat. I can't win.

23FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:My DH just doesn't listen to me. He took Roomie around to run some errands because her car is in the shop. They were going to stop at the grocery store. Great! I give him the store ad with a picture of some steaks and flap meat on special. I have the picture circled. I tell him to pick up some steaks, not the flap meat because we have plenty of it in the freezer. He comes home with the flap meat. I can't win.

I do that for Tina sometimes. She hates that!

An example: The light switch broke in the bathroom. She said,"I'm going out, and I will pick one up at the Home Depot!" I said, wait,"I'll print the one to get with the SKU# so you can just show the man!"

She flipped, and said,"What do you think, I am a Moron that I don't know what a stupid light switch is!" ( at the same time throwing the print out in the garbage)

Two hours later.... she comes home... ( Oh! it gets better )... and here is a pack of three light switches. THE MAN told her it was cheaper to buy the three pack, and we would have two for later replacement if we needed.

OK all's well.... I said nothing, just changed out the switch, and it worked fine.

A day later, I hear " Oh Crap ( and it wasn't the word crap) Tina exclaimed.
The switch doesn't match the other ones Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I knew already...but who am I ??? She bought the tan color instead of the
white color switch that I printed with the SKU#.....
Also... she listened to the M A N ! ....
I tell her, to never listen to the man. Just listen to this man.

24FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

No Man here... cheers FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  1838020472

25FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Empty Re: FEBRUARY 2016 Dinner / Meals Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:45 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I read the discussion on the January dinner thread about Stromboli, Beth reminded me of it, so yesterday I made it for Dirk, he went on a long hike with the local hiking club, after coming home, he did enjoy 2 slices of my Stromboli, I ate a bowl of Indonesian style meatballs.. happy tummies for both of us

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Strombol_zpscmrwsguw

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Strombl_zpsmuxbetmh

and I spent my ME time yesterday making those cookies, Asian style pineapple cookies

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Nastar_zpsdz7j3hgt

here is my meatball soup

FEBRUARY 2016  Dinner / Meals  Bakso_zpsqnvhdtmm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 23]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum