Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meals on the cheap

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meals on the cheap Empty Meals on the cheap Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Got any ideas?

2Meals on the cheap Empty Re: Meals on the cheap Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

pasta ~ just about anything.

beans.

anything fresh from a farm market (if available)

chicken....so much to make from a whole chicken. Otherwise, thighs/drumsticks are always cheaper than breast.

3Meals on the cheap Empty Re: Meals on the cheap Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 pm

NormM

NormM

I live in a wealthier part of town and I have noticed  local farm markets this year are jacking up prices. Some sellers anyway. I try to avoid them. I have seen tomatoes going for $5.00 a pound.  That can make tomatoes cost $2. -$2.50 each. Glad my tomato plant is producing a few every other day or so.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4Meals on the cheap Empty Re: Meals on the cheap Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I avoid fresh fruits/veggies from local farmer market too, the prices are way too high compare with the prices in at supermarkets..

I now cook chicken and pork more than beef.. their prices are lower than beef or seafood, like Beth says, beans, pasta are very good for low budget menu

I like to look at the weekly ads before I shop, I only buy whatever on sale, I don't like to pay full price unless I really need it

5Meals on the cheap Empty Re: Meals on the cheap Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:37 pm

JanaAZ

I know what you mean. I just paid $5 for a pound of heirlooms. But they were good.

6Meals on the cheap Empty Re: Meals on the cheap Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:20 am

JanaAZ

Please don't go ewwww, but tofu can be good. I don't like those nasty tofu squares, but several years ago I was asked to develop a tofu class. I said I would do it only if I came up with things that tasted good and a meat eater would love. I did and that became a very popular class. If you haven't tried it, you should, but be creative. If you want some ideas, let me know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum