Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens!

+3
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jake's last night here ~ a meal I'm hoping he'll remember fondly.......

He's pretty well filled up, that's for sure!

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 07_01_17

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It is spaghetti and little meatballs that Tina is making.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Our dinner tonight was Teriyaki salmonJuly, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 20210710

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Jake's last night here ~ a meal I'm hoping he'll remember fondly.......

He's pretty well filled up, that's for sure!

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 07_01_17
That looks sooooo delicious!

Last night already, that seemed to go quickly. That's great that he loves to come visit. I forgot, where does he live?

I just finished the Goan pork curry that I made yesterday. Prepped the moose roulades, but didn't feel like cooking them, so they are for tomorrow.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jake is our youngest daughter's only child. They live in Ohio (northwest Ohio, near Toledo).

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Jake is our youngest daughter's only child.  They live in Ohio (northwest Ohio, near Toledo).

Do you have another grandson? I remember your granddaughter Tori (?), and she has a brother, is he Jake?

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I had Beef Bulgogi, brown rice, broccoli ( this time I cooked in skillet with olive oil ( usually I cooked in microwave for 3 minutes ), salt pepper and lots of garlic oil, I closed the lid to make them real tender ) and corn fritters ( i used Ina Garten recipe for Lobster fritters )

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! Db9bc310
July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! E4086811

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:
bethk wrote:Jake is our youngest daughter's only child.  They live in Ohio (northwest Ohio, near Toledo).

Do you have another grandson? I remember your granddaughter Tori (?), and she has a brother, is he Jake?

Yes, our oldest daughter, Andrea, near Indianapolis, IN., is mother to Tori (our youngest and also our only granddaughter) and Joshua (our oldest grandchild).

Andrea came to visit last month and surprised us by bringing Josh along as a surprise. He will be a senior at Perdue University in Indiana this year, majoring in computer engineering and Japanese (neither of which I have any clue about). For some reason I have a feeling he's going to be a 'professional student' because he really seems to enjoy learning and doesn't mind the study time it takes.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It will be scrambled eggs and bacon per Tina's request. She is an hour away
watching her uncle; while his care giver runs errands for her family.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Exciting lunch and dinner for me today. I don't know if I mentioned before but my youngest son invested some money in a local craft brewery. They are working on opening a brew pub, hopefully in a few months. There is a pizzeria next door to their location. So, Danny called.............. "Mom, how about I pick you up, we'll get a pizza from the restaurant and you can see what we're doing for the pub". So, I sat in a construction site, watched what they are doing and had pizza and two of their beers. Fun!
Then of course, I was not hungry for supper, didn't feel like making anything either, and had a bagel with peanut butter. Great afternoon! LOL

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I heard of a small craft brewery that wanted to get investors ~ said if anyone invested $10k or more they could get free beer for life......

And they got enough to get the brewery started and it's going strong to this day.

LOL

We took Jake to the airport yesterday and got disorientated on the way home ~ took about an hour longer than it should have.

I HATE construction on the highway!

By the time we got home it was between lunch and supper and I was HUNGRY.

I ended up making some creamed asparagus on toast ~ a childhood 'comfort' food.

Dane fended for himself.

Tonight Jim wants to take us out because Dane is taking him to the airport for a visit with his children next week. Not sure where we'll go ~ it's his call.

But it's a rainy day I don't have to cook (again).

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's grab what you can today. Tina is back at her uncles.
She is with him till his care giver gets there after a stint in the hospital
for tests she had done. ..... It never ends!

bethk likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:

Yes, our oldest daughter, Andrea, near Indianapolis, IN., is mother to Tori (our youngest and also our only granddaughter) and Joshua (our oldest grandchild).

Andrea came to visit last month and surprised us by bringing Josh along as a surprise.  He will be a senior at Perdue University in Indiana this year, majoring in computer engineering and Japanese (neither of which I have any clue about).  For some reason I have a feeling he's going to be a 'professional student' because he really seems to enjoy learning and doesn't mind the study time it takes.

Yes, Joshua.. I mixed it up with Jake, both name start with J Razz You have some wonderful grandchildren Beth

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Moose Roulade, roasted baby potatoes and red cabbage. Delicious, but I should have left it for next week when I hopefully don’t have a cast any more. I’m tired."

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 07_03_12

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've never had moose. Is it a 'gamey' tasting meat? Similar or stronger than deer?

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:I've never had moose.  Is it a 'gamey' tasting meat?  Similar or stronger than deer?

Similar to deer.  But really more like beef.  I like the gamey flavour.  I grew up eating whatever my dad was able to get, occasionally hunting, even pheasant. I love dark meat, don't understand why chicken breast is so popular.

This business of cooking a real meal when dealing with a cast is not really for someone who is 77 years old now.  I'm tired now.  Hopefully Monday's visit with the doc lets me get rid of the cast.  I have no problem walking without it, but don't want to take any chances.  I know I'm whining.  It could have been much worse.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

DD came home from work, and boiled ravioli.
She also cooked steamed mussels, and with a sauce Tina made the other day; we had a great meal.
Pineapple cake for dessert.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

I was watching pati’s Mexican table this morning and she made a mango cake. Since I canned some mangos a while back I thought I’d make it. Her recipe,didn’t have a glaze but I decided to put on a glaze using mango juice and lime. Not bad

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 3cc47310
July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 3cc47310

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy 4th of July !!!

In honor of the tradition of 'picnic' foods, I just finished making a bowl (way too much, I'm sure) of Potato Salad. We'll be grilling (or broiling) 3 hot dogs and then spooning on some of Jimmy's Greek Sauce and a good scattering of chopped onions. It all depends on whether or not it's going to downpour when it's supper time.

So far today we've had 3 downpours ~ then the sun came out and built up the humidity......

Now it's overcast again, probably another bunch of rain clouds blowing in.

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

Happy 4th of July! Your food sounds great. I am ordering delivery again!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm glad I didn't go overboard on a big meal......

Happy 4th of July picnic meal!

July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 07_04_16

Cookin Lore

I just finished my delivery meal. Half a Peking Duck, stirfried vegetables, steamed rice. Enough for tomorrow, also! And, through the pandemic's lockdowns here, our restaurants are also now licensed to deliver alcohol, so I got a bottle of white wine!

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and JanaAZ like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had brats, hot dogs, burgers, beans baked.
Green beans, deviled eggs. Grilled fresh pineapple slices, macaroni salad, and tomato and feta cheese baked .
DD did all the prepping and cooking. She did a fabulous job.
For dessert, we had apple doughnuts and cookies from Orts farm in Long Valley.

bethk likes this post

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

American dinner.. burger and Johnsonville Brats

[/color]
July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 95d6d510
July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 4e629510
July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 6bd0c010
July, 2021 ~ Star Spangled Meals in our Kitchens! 7a84e210

JanaAZ

I dont know why I didn’t take a photo but today we made grilled flank steak with broccoli salad and I made stuff for dessert, but was too full to eat it.

Off to see fireworks. I hope everyone had a great 4th

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Cookin Lore like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum