Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ??

+4
cookingirl
Cookin Lore
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

26It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:00 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Left over burgers from yesterday, and potato salad for supper.
Nibbles of fresh mozzarella cheese from the sheep creamery.

bethk likes this post

27It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I never knew they made mozzarella from sheep's milk.....

Learn something new every day!

28It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I never knew they made mozzarella from sheep's milk.....

Learn something new every day!

Baaaa Baaaa Baaaa ( that's a lamb laughing ).... DD said she thought it was, and I questioned
it as I ate it. It seemed a little bitter, but not salty.
Give me good ole Polly- o brand mozzarella cheese. Very Happy
I do like some cheese, but not smoked kinds.

29It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:09 am

Cookin Lore

Half an asparagus quiche caught my eye in a local market. So, I had half of the half for supper last night along with some black bean, corn, tomato salsa. Unfortunately, salsa had a lot of cilantro. I have been trying to eat cilantro, hoping to get to like it. It's not working! LOL The other half of the half quiche was breakfast.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

30It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Italian Wedding Soup is cooking for today.
Tina is the chef today.

bethk likes this post

31It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:32 pm

JanaAZ

[quote="UNCLE JIMMY"]
bethk wrote:I never knew they made mozzarella from sheep's milk.....

I do like some cheese, but not smoked kinds.

I love smoked cheese. I’m even learning how to do a nice cold smoked cheese

32It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lyn & I took her car for service this morning and then, since we were in Orlando, went to lunch at Seasons 52 and then shopping at the mall where I found not 1 but 2 pairs of shoes that I wanted. I can't remember the last time I actually found something I liked enough to purchase at a mall.

We stopped at a farm market on the drive home and I got some local tomatoes and some South Carolina peaches.

But lunch was lovely, as usual!

I had shrimp & crab stuffed mushrooms (appetizer-for-lunch) and a nice salad with a white basalmic dressing. Oh, and a Hawaiian Cosmopolitan.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Season10

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

33It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Cookin Lore

I just ordered three different appetizers from a local restaurant just down the street. It will be interesting. Sliced beef and ox tongue in Chili Sauce; Jellyfish and cucumber salad; Bacon rolled shrimp in chili sauce; and an order of rice. It will be interesting!

34It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:34 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What fun, Lore, to explore the local offerings since you don't have a kitchen.

If it's as good as it sounds then you have a place close by that you can treat yourself with when you just want to take a break from cooking for one.

I love to treat myself to something different and a dish that I like but HE doesn't particularly care for.

35It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"My delivery tonight. Really good!"

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 06_04_13

36It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:16 pm

Cookin Lore

Finished dinner. It was very, very good. I don't know how they call what I got appetizers. Yes, I ordered three, but what I got , in my opinion, was basically three dinners. Definitely enough for dinner tomorrow also. No wonder there is such a problem with overweight people. (including me!) Sending a picture to Beth. Still a bit too much cilantro in one of the dishes for me, but it was fresh, and I could fish some of it out!

37It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:19 pm

Cookin Lore

WOW! You posted the picture before I posted the message. It seems that I had typed the message, but didn't send it. Technology is amazing, right???

bethk likes this post

38It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:22 am

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:From Lore:

"My delivery tonight. Really good!"

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 06_04_13

The cucumber and jellyfish dish on the right, was really good and interesting. Spicy but fresh, and if it would not have said jellyfish on the menu, I could not have guessed the ingredient. I will check if on their full menu they have another jellyfish dish. I know that my Michael and Amy have eaten in the restaurant (Erika and I also) Danny and Lisa don't do "Interesting food!" LOL Restaurant is called MA. Pricing on a med. to high end. my food was $47. incl $6. delivery and $5 tip. Well worth it for me.

39It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I bought what looked like nice tomatoes at the farm market yesterday.

I don't know why I keep expecting Florida tomatoes to taste like an Ohio tomato......((sigh))

So, my BLT's looked better than they tasted.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 06_05_14

40It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:52 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I bought what looked like nice tomatoes at the farm market yesterday.

I don't know why I keep expecting Florida tomatoes to taste like an Ohio tomato......((sigh))

So, my BLT's looked better than they tasted.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 06_05_14

Tina said.... nothing like a "Jersey Tomato" too! Very Happy

41It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Spaghetti with meat sauce.... and a garden salad.

bethk likes this post

42It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:19 pm

Cookin Lore

Leftovers from last night.

43It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a bone-in chicken breast thawing for supper and then early this afternoon neighbor Jim called and asked if we wanted to go out for Chinese with him.

So I ended up poaching the chicken breast and Dane can have it for a chicken sandwich or use the stock and some of the chicken for a bowl of soup.

Jim goes out to eat just about EVERY night ~ he's not much of a cook unless it's something like a fried egg or heating up a can of soup. So he likes to have someone to talk to at supper once in a while.

Tomorrow I won't be cooking because Lyn & I are taking our friend, Barb, to St. Augustine for lunch tomorrow to celebrate Barb's 80th birthday. I think we'll go to a place that's right on the ocean. I'm hoping Barb chooses to sit inside because I have a feeling it will be super hot, even with a small umbrella table, out on their deck/patio area.

But it's her choice so wherever she chooses is going to be fine.

44It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The lasagna.... way too much. The neighbors were happy.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Lasagn10

bethk likes this post

45It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Old habits die hard......

It's not easy to rationalize making a 4" X 9" lasagna if you've ALWAYS made enough to serve at a deli!

It does look really good.....

46It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Old habits die hard......

It's not easy to rationalize making a 4" X 9" lasagna if you've ALWAYS made enough to serve at a deli!

It does look really good.....

Yeah!.... everyone asked who else is coming to dinner?

47It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:28 am

Cookin Lore

I was going to do a baked potato and a London Broil in my neighbours' oven, and seem to have misplaced the key to their place. Gotta find it today. It is somewhere in my very disorganized place. Should be easy to find as I put a big, red ribbon on it to make it easier to find. LOL. So, instead I took some chili out of the freezer and microwaved it. LOve chili!

48It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb was thrilled with our St. Augustine outing for her birthday lunch celebration. It was a nice day and we were able to sit on the deck for lunch, listening & smelling the fresh ocean air.

Of course I didn't think to take pics of our lunch ~ but it wasn't anything especially pretty. Lyn & Barb had fried haddock and I had grilled grouper. Everything was tasty and no one was hungry when we were done.

Then we walked around in Olde Towne and went in & out of the shops. Barb enjoyed all of that.

49It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 pm

Cookin Lore

Found the keys, but won't be using their oven tonight. Silly me, didn't eat breakfast, then went out and when I came back I was soooo hungry, I made myself a delicious Reuben sandwich. With no stove, I toasted the bread, heated the sauerkraut in the micro, and then just put it together. It was good. And, that was at 2 this afternoon, and now I'm not hungry for dinner. Maybe some fruit, but that's about it.

I've been able to put some things back in my kitchen cabinets, getting really, really particular about what goes where. I am trying not to put anything on the top shelves in my cabinets, so I will not have to get on a ladder/stepstool for stuff. As most of us do, I have too much "stuff". My days of having parties for 20+ people are definitely over, so packing up for the thrift shop. So far I have three boxes ready to go. COVID rules here are still really tough, no donations being accepted right now, hopefully that will change in the next few days.

50It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a shepherds pie. Too much gravy, but I licked it all up.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum