Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ??

+4
cookingirl
Cookin Lore
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina baked bone in chicken breasts, and made mac and cheese.
Peas from the can, and brownies for dessert, later tonight.

Your mention of brownies reminded me of a brownie my daughter made for Father's Day.....a box mix (I think). Baked in a 9 X 9, as usual. Then, when cooled she spread a whole small jar of marshmallow cream and sprinkled on some Rice Krispies cereal. She melted chocolate chips with some peanut butter and drizzled that on top.

She said they were REALLY sweet ~ but definitely something you'd take to a potluck.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

127It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:17 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Simple chicken legs potatoes and a sliced tomato. Better than any takeout I’ve had in the last couple of weeks I’m able to do stuff I’m my kitchen, but the boot on my ankle sure doesn’t make me want to become inventive."

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_21_13

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

128It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tina baked bone in chicken breasts, and made mac and cheese.
Peas from the can, and brownies for dessert, later tonight.

Your mention of brownies reminded me of a brownie my daughter made for Father's Day.....a box mix (I think).  Baked in a 9 X 9, as usual.  Then, when cooled she spread a whole small jar of marshmallow cream and sprinkled on some Rice Krispies cereal.  She melted chocolate chips with some peanut butter and drizzled that on top.

She said they were REALLY sweet ~ but definitely something you'd take to a potluck.

Sounds Good! ..... Now you got me thinking about rice krispies treats.

bethk likes this post

129It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:42 am

Cookin Lore

OMG............... That rice Crispy thing sounds inventive, but surely not for me! LOL My daughter used to make Rice Crispy squares. Plain!

bethk likes this post

130It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The recipe for the rice crispy squares on the box, says 3 tbs of butter. We use 1 whole stick of butter; as a minimum. Compliments of dearly departed Tina's mom.

bethk likes this post

131It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Andrea said she was making tacos for supper tonight and that's where I got the idea.....

HE had soft tacos. I had a taco salad ~ easy for a hot, raining evening.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_22_11

132It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made chicken soup. It was good. I also had a naked burger that DD
cooked on the grill.

bethk likes this post

133It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:27 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Plain done in the oven piece of Norwegian salmon, and the biggest salad of Cuke, red pepper, onion, tomato….,,,, better than any of the meals I’ve had delivered lately. I really, really like my fresh veggies!"

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_22_12

134It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a slice of pizza for lunch. Tina managed to have a small one also.
Tonight looks like leftover soup, and or shepherds pie. Right now, I'm ready for a nap, hahahahaha

bethk likes this post

135It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:58 pm

Cookin Lore

I had a banana for lunch. Son is picking me up to go to Home Depot for some under cabinet light fixtures, and then we're going to a "patio" for possibly a light lunch and a beer. It could also be just going to the patio at his place and a beer. Whichever, it will be fun!

136It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, Pizza sounds good!

As a matter of fact, tonight was PIZZA NIGHT !!! Grandson, Jacob, flew in last night to spend his 18th birthday (tomorrow) and to stay for about 10 days. He works at an Italian restaurant and has experience 'throwing' pizzas ~ so that's what he wanted tonight.....

Pizza on the grill.

The grill wasn't really enough of an oven to get the tops as well done as I wanted so I finished them in the oven.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_23_12

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_23_13

137It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:45 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

"W O W" .......     Happy Birthday Jacob It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 2825942945

bethk likes this post

138It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am

Cookin Lore

Happy birthday to Jacob, and happy visit to grandmom and grandpop! I was not lucky enough to have a relationship with my grandparents.

bethk likes this post

139It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:49 am

Cookin Lore

Cookin Lore wrote:I had a banana for lunch.  Son is picking me up to go to Home Depot for some under cabinet light fixtures, and then we're going to a "patio" for possibly a light lunch and a beer.  It could also be just going to the patio at his place and a beer. Whichever, it will be fun!

We ended up just in son's gorgeous backyard. Picked up the lights which I had ordered, and I bought the wrong kind! Son's friend is an electrical contractor, his guys will be doing the work, so he will supply the right lights, and I get to go back to Home Depot to return what I ordered. Returns are not so simple these days. When doing on line shopping, you can't just let someone take the item back to the store. You have to have the digital invoice, and then the $$$$$ goes back to the card you used in the first place. Home Depot can wait until I can drive again! LOL

But, the best part of the visit (well almost) Danny's neighbour went fishing and gave me a gorgeous Rainbow trout Fillet to take home. Bass season opens this weekend, so there will be more fish coming soon.

bethk likes this post

140It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our Happy 18th Birthday Boy!

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_24_11

UNCLE JIMMY, Imelda HL and Cookin Lore like this post

141It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had Susan's Meatballs ....mashed potatoes with cream of mushroom soup gravy.
Tina adds bread and onions to ground beef meatballs, and covers with canned cream of mushroom soup, and bakes it in the oven for 90 minutes.

bethk likes this post

142It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:31 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Back to regular meals.....have to feed the boy!

I made a pork tenderloin, glazed with the Korean BBQ Sauce he really likes. Mashed potatoes (I used HIM for an excuse just because they sounded really good to me....) and microwaved asparagus. He doesn't care for salad but Dane & I had the Sweet Kale Salad from Wal Mart.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_25_12

We'll all have cake for dessert ~ and probably every day for the rest of the week.

143It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:52 pm

Cookin Lore

Chinese delivery for me tonight. Stir fried seafood and vegetables, steamed rice and bacon wrapped shrimp.  JUMM!  Enough for lunch tomorrow.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_25_10

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

144It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:49 pm

NormM

NormM

Strawberry Hill Bakery is named after an ethnic area in Kansas City Ks. That is the neighborhood where I grew up but the bakery is not located there anymore. It's now just a couple miles away from where I live now in Olathe.  They specialize in Povitica bread which is a Croatian version of nut bread.  It is a very rich dough rolled very thin and spread with a sweet walnut paste all rolled up.  (bottom picture)  
Strawberry Hill makes several different flavors besides walnut now.  Yesterday when I was in the grocery, I saw some Strawberry Hill coffee cake.  It must be something new.  I got some and had a piece of it today for lunch.  It has a crumble like crust, pound cake-ish on top of that, cream cheese cake on top of that then a brown sugar and cinnamon hard crust.  It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 20210621
It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 20210620
It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Shoppi10

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

145It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight was a Burger from Wendy's and fries...
Then a huge cheese Danish with that drizzle icing.,

bethk likes this post

146It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been having chats with Jake about needing to nourish his body when he gets up. He's lost a lot of weight recently and I can't help but think it's his crummy eating habits and the fact that he's busy with school (out for the summer now....), work and being with his friends.

So, to make me happy this morning he said he'd like to have me fix him his 'usual' breakfast ~ a throw back to when he was just a little guy. One dippy egg, one hard egg and very lightly toasted bread with the crusts cut off. He's always said I was the only one who would cut the crusts off his bread ~ he's 18 and still thinks I'm special for doing that.....

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_26_19

I'm also the only one who cooks fish for him. Tonight he got a piece of salmon and a piece of grouper. Zucchini, which is one of his favorites, got a bit more charred on the grill than intended but was still pretty tasty ~ just looked like cinders! And his favorite starch.....rice.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_26_20

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

147It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:09 am

Cookin Lore

While I am not a fan of cutting crusts off bread, I think it's also important to make special things for special people. My sons, now 53 and 54 still think it's great when I have apple slices and mandarin orange pieces for them! Those were always after school snacks for them.

148It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I see a can of salmon on the counter, and I hope not
for salmon patties. It's just not a Sunday meal for me!
So as it stands,.....we are in the limbo mode!

bethk likes this post

149It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

We went to Salt Springs today ~ a fresh water spring that is super clear and Jake likes to go snorkeling in. It's WAY too cold for me ~ a constant 72°! Brrrrrrrrr!

And since we were more than half way to his sister's house I suggested we go to my favorite shrimp restaurant for lunch. But when we checked the website we found they have closed on Sundays and we couldn't go there.

So, back home we came. Dane & Jake went to the driving range to hit some golf balls and I stayed here in the house cleaning shrimp for supper. If we can't go out for shrimp I can just as easily cook it up.

150It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Even though it takes a bit of time to clean shrimps, the time is worth it when the shrimp still have a 'fresh' taste when fried with just a bit of a corn flour coating. Jake got his fill, I think.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 6 06_27_12

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum