Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ??

+3
bethk
Crybaby
UNCLE JIMMY
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I think it will be hot dogs!.....
Tina made a shepherds pie. She likes that!

2June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Not hungry. Brian is insisting I eat so he's making me a chicken salad sandwich and bringing it upstairs as I didn't eat anything last night either. I'm not sick or anything, just not feeling myself...

3June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda, love your sunflower avatar.

Norm, I hope you noticed Imelda's avatar is also as big as yours is. I sure hope I wasn't responsible for your changing it -- if I was, I apologize!  Embarassed

4June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK everybody.....Beth & Dane made it to Ohio. Geesh! What a long drive! (and the car is NOT as comfortable as my G6 but it hasn't done me a bit of good to complain about it.....)

No supper, but I did go to the store and got coffee and English muffins. There is SO much work to be done here ~ but I'm not going to kill myself before we go to Andrea's on Tuesday. It is what it is and everything will get done eventually. I can't believe how much stuff Robin & Ben left here....like it's a storage unit. ((sigh))

5June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth and Dane....welcome to OH.

Have a nice vacation ( working style ).....

6June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:34 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper for Tina was a piece of beef rib in tomato sauce.

I had a fillet mignon grilled. A half a hard roll, and some mac salad. Beer to wash it down.

7June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:31 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:OK everybody.....Beth & Dane made it to Ohio.  Geesh! What a long drive! (and the car is NOT as comfortable as my G6 but it hasn't done me a bit of good to complain about it.....)

No supper, but I did go to the store and got coffee and English muffins.  There is SO much work to be done here ~ but I'm not going to kill myself before we go to Andrea's on Tuesday.  It is what it is and everything will get done eventually.  I can't believe how much stuff Robin & Ben left here....like it's a storage unit.  ((sigh))

Glad you two got there safely, Beth. Kiss that G6 goodbye and learn to love that Honda -- at least enjoy the radio, as I just love that you can replay a song you like, something that just tickles the life out of me! I'm forever changing the radio station and coming on the end of a song I really like, so it's so much fun for me to be able to go back to the beginning of a song to hear the whole thing. I think my record is replaying the same song 5 times (would've been more but I reached my destination first)!!

Enjoy your visit with Andrea and her family on Tuesday -- I know you'll love making scones or biscuits or something with Tori while you're there!

Since we're already sweating down here, I hope you at least get to enjoy some cooler weather while you're there!

8June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:34 pm

NormM

NormM

We had two Trader Joe Chicken Pot pies for dinner. Each one said that one was two servings but we each had one and felt like we wanted more. Afterward, Charlie had a hamburger that I cooked for him. I will have a snack a little later on tonight. The first thing we noticed about the pot pies was that they had no bottom crust. Charlie said that was like cheating and he was so disappointed; I agreed. Otherwise they were good.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

9June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a fillet on the grill. Then lobster cakes ( frozen ones ) that we will not buy anymore. They were mushy.
Then two ears of corn, and "T" had 1/2 of one.
Beer to wash it down.
Boy, was my chin greasy! All that butter juice. Good though!

Dessert was a pack of Tastykake Chocolate cupcakes, and coffee!

Then we both had jello with reddi whip cream.

10June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:25 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have just spent the last half hour writing a rant and I erased it. I don't have the right to vent here. All I can say is that I am very close to pulling out of buying our house.

I haven't cooked anything. we had Swanson's Hungry Man TV dinners. Fried chicken. I haven't had one in 25 years. I liked the taste of the chicken and their seasoning didn't fry my gut.

11June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:34 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I have just spent the last half hour writing a rant and I erased it. I don't have the right to vent here. All I can say is that I am very close to pulling out of buying our house.

I haven't cooked anything. we had Swanson's Hungry Man TV dinners. Fried chicken. I haven't had one in 25 years. I liked the taste of the chicken and their seasoning didn't fry my gut.

Debbie, house buying can be he!!. I am a very high strung person, and all the paperwork and punctuality I did for selling the wifes uncles house, all fell into the horror of the state tax woe's.
We paid the inheritance tax, but they won't release the money, until the state ok's the tax was sufficient.
We've called, but the answer was the same. "I't's on the supervisors desk, waiting for her to inspect it!" .....  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

We love those TV dinners. Tina's a turkey person, and I'm a salisbury steak person!

PS: I'm waiting for Swanson to change the name to "Hungry Person TV Dinners!" instead of "Hungry MAN!"

12June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper for ME, will be Beef Liver and Onions.
Tina won't eat it. I love liver.

13June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I can't post pictures now, it says my Picture exceedes maximum size and I don't know how to resize with new program Dirk installed on my computer

We ate spaghetti for 2 days, I boiled a pack of it and ate it for 2 days, with different toppings, meatballs made from Jimmy Dean sausage for Monday, then some hot links for Tuesday, I coated the pasta with cheese sauce and lots of sauteed spinach + tomato.. too bad, can't show you the pictures
Laughing

14June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:01 pm

NormM

NormM

I tried a new recipe for meatloaf today. I asked Charlie if it was a keeper and he said yes. I asked him if he thought it would be better if I topped it with the regular recipe of tomato, brown sugar and bacon and he said no. He had two and a half helpings.

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? 20180610

15June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:41 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie rarely asks for something for dinner but tonight he asked for steak and bok choy. I added twice baked potatoes and corn on the cob.June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? 20180611

16June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Everyone is eating better than us these days. Lean Cuisine and Hungry Man dinners tonight. Joe- Mexican, me- fried chicken, Katie - chicken tikka masala.

17June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? IMG_0956%20640x640_zpsrll65qpb

LIVER & ONIONS CAULIFLOWER & ZUCCHINI

18June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:51 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Anthony Bourdain found dead in hotel room. Suicide.

19June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Niagara Visitor

Obviously money and fame often just doesn't cut it.  So, so sad,

20June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 pm

NormM

NormM

Depression does not discriminate. My son has depression and would have died on Palm Sunday if I had not got him to the hospital on that day.

21June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Depression is a terrible disease. It is too bad that it seems their meds were not working. I wonder if they tried shock therapy? I know they use it for intractable depression. Katie has a friend who was very depressed and meds didn't work. She was treated with shock therapy and it was a miracle worker for her. She has to go back every few years for treatment.

Hot dogs tonight. Nathan's. It wasn't what I wanted. Katie gave some of her turkey dogs to her dogs and they wolfed it down and it promptly came back up. No more hot dogs for the dogs.

22June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Poor Tina is treating for depression. She takes Pristiq and it seems to help.
Ever since her shoulder operation, it developed into chronic pain syndrome.
Her arm and hand disability really tears up her mind. She can't do a lot of things she loves to do; like ride a bike, shift and drive a manual trans car. Even cooking is debilitating.

Bourdain was extinguished and made to look like suicide. He stepped on toes.
Does Weinstein sound familiar?

Supper was painted pizza. Yep! A crust; painted with a tbs. of sauce, and 1/2 cup of cheese.  We get it there for take out at Pronto's & never had a problem! .... Dry.... No taste... SAD!

I  dissected the slice, by removing the cheese. See the little sauce?

June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? IMG_0959_zpsqseck51p

23June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:We had two Trader Joe Chicken Pot pies for dinner.  Each one said that one was two servings but we each had one and felt like we wanted more. Afterward, Charlie had a hamburger that I cooked for him. I will have a snack a little later on tonight.  The first thing we noticed about the pot pies was that they had no bottom crust. Charlie said that was like cheating and he was so disappointed; I agreed. Otherwise they were good.

First, Norm, your new Avatar is ADORABLE!!

Laughed at your remark about TJ's Chicken Pot Pies. The big one I buy which is made by Boston Market also says it's for 2 and I have no problem finishing it by myself; I'm not even overly full after eating one. The one time Brian ate one (he's not a big fan of pot pies) he only ate half and I could've killed him for making me feel like Patty Pig!!

I agree with you and Charlie -- it's not a pot pie unless there's a bottom crust and I'd feel cheated as well. Boston Market's pot pies have a wonderful flaky top crust and a good bottom crust as well. Brian bakes them for me and we discovered that the bottom crust tastes much better when he bakes them and DOESN'T use the convection oven option. He usually picks up 3 or 4 when he goes grocery shopping but often the grocery is out of them. He's spoken to the frozen food guy at the store about keeping them in stock; every time he sees the guy in there, he usually tells him he's out again. Neither of us understand why he doesn't just ORDER MORE but then I guess that idea has yet to occur to him.

I've yet to try Kentucky Fried Chicken's chicken pot pie but hope to do so one day. We're such novices at fast food that I couldn't even tell you where a KFC is located.

Lately I've just not been very hungry even though I usually have no breakfast or lunch, which worries Brian. I'm proper weight for my height but am by no means underweight, as I have a BMI of 20.5 -- which is considered "normal." He knows I rarely turn down a pot pie, though, so he gets ticked when the grocery doesn't have any, as he likes to keep a couple in the freezer. Wish I had one tonight...

24June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bugster2 wrote:I have just spent the last half hour writing a rant and I erased it. I don't have the right to vent here. All I can say is that I am very close to pulling out of buying our house.

Debbie, go ahead and rant! And that's from this site's main "ranter." I never seem to be able to stay on topic but Beth always says it makes no difference and to talk away.

Honestly, I've been curious as to what your roommate decided to do and how things are going with your purchase. Would you just lose your earnest money if you changed your mind after signing a purchase agreement, or will it be more painful than that? Jimmy is correct -- buying a home is extremely stressful. Feel free to rant away. jocolor

25June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Empty Re: June 2018, Whats for Dinner ?? Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:38 pm

NormM

NormM

Michelle, I love chicken pot pies too but rarely eat them because i am afraid they are too many calories to have very often. The one thing I wish they'd do is add some dark meat, or even offer some with all dark meat. I don't see the advantage of saying all white meat in big letters on the box.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum