Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2021 September ~ What's Cooking?

+3
JanaAZ
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

12021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:41 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I didn't cook last night. I used the electric floor scrubber and the action of 'pushing back & forth' made my back scream at me...

So tonight I'll be making something with boneless chicken breasts that are thawed.

22021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I didn't cook last night.  I used the electric floor scrubber and the action of 'pushing back & forth' made my back scream at me...

So tonight I'll be making something with boneless chicken breasts that are thawed.

Tina has the same problem. Just push and pull, throws her back out of whack. No

bethk likes this post

32021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Boston market meatloaf tonight. Tina was in the area, so she picked up food
already cooked.

bethk likes this post

42021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD#1, Andrea, made a salad last night that looked & sounded delicious. Cucumber/Avocado with a dressing of mayo, lime juice & sriracha. I had to change it out a bit as I had a lemon instead of lime and I added some sambal chili paste along with the sriracha because we like a bit more heat. I also added some green onion because I had some.....

I used the lemon zest & some juice in the buttermilk I marinated the pounded chicken breasts in and then dredged them into panko crumbs. There was just a faint lemon flavor after it was cooked. I drizzled the crispy chicken with the same mayo based dressing as the salad. Vegetable 'spaghetti' to go along side.

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_01_13

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

52021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a bowl of Japanese garlic and soy noodles, and a can of smoked herring.
A slice of rye bread as a pusher. Tina grazed all day.

bethk likes this post

62021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I reheated the leftover chicken & vegetables. I had some homemade noodles in the freezer that I boiled to have ~ the homemade ones were so much better than the packaged ones I cooked the other night.

I was watching PBS (I do that a lot.....) and there's a new program about some lady in Charleston, SC, who has a biscuit business. Tonight she was going on a 'road trip' to her second store location in Atlanta, GA, a 5 hour drive from her original store.....who does that? Anyway, she picked up her friend and mentor, Natalie DuPree, to go on the road trip with her. I can remember watching Natalie many years ago. She would make something under time constraints and always say something like, "oh, I'm sure YOU'LL take more time and care and make your dish much more beautiful than mine!". She was like the Southern Julia Child, just wanting to spread the idea of Southern dishes being very delicious. She's certainly older than when she was on television with her own program but she sounds and looks much the same. She demonstrated her 'famous' 2-ingredient biscuits: Southern Self Rising Flour and Heavy Whipping Cream (with butter to brush the biscuits after they're baked). Such a simple yet delicious recipe to make biscuits in a flash. I still make them now with White Lily Self Rising Flour. I've found that's the flour I like best for the recipe. Maybe I'll make some biscuits this weekend......

72021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:06 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:I didn't cook last night.  I used the electric floor scrubber and the action of 'pushing back & forth' made my back scream at me...

I hate to hear that since we’re going to scrub the grout throughout the entire house this weekend. Who in the heck puts in tile with big cutout areas. It’s nothing but a dirt collector.

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

82021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday I pulled one of the Provencal London Broil marinated steaks out of the freezer......my last one. I guess it's time to keep an eye out for a sale on London Broil (top round) Steaks. I usually get them when they're 'BOGO' ~ even though they inflate the price it's still a good deal considering I get four meals out of two thick steaks ~ and there's usually no waste, all good to go.

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_03_14

92021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:08 pm

NormM

NormM

I couldn't think of anything to make today so finally decided to do a meatloaf and potato pancakes.  We had a pasta salad and baked beans with it.

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 20210910
2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 20210915
2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 20210913

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

102021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm, you always have the most beautiful meatloaf!

One of these days I'm going to weave bacon on mine ~ ~ but don't hold your breath because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to throwing a bunch of meatloafs together.....LOL

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

112021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:53 pm

Cookin Lore

That meatloaf does look fabulous. I haven't made one for a long time either. No ambition to cook today. Think I'll just have cheese and crackers.

bethk, NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

122021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a huge bowl of tomato salad......a loaf of sour dough bread, and it was delicious. Tina made a shepherds pie, so we ate some of that too.
We were without power today from 6:00 AM till 8:30 PM too.
What a pain in the neck that was.

bethk likes this post

132021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was out shopping with Lyn this afternoon when I got a text from Dane. Neighbor Jim had called and asked if we wanted to go out for supper. Dane knew I had fish thawed for supper and he wanted to know what I wanted to do. I just texted him back and suggest he ask Jim if he wanted to come for salmon ~ and since the answer was, "yes'', I then replied back asking Dane to take another piece of salmon out of the freezer bag.

So, salmon & grouper got cooked on the gas grill on a grill mat (no smell in the house!) and the microwaved potatoes got crisped up at the same time. I had green beans already cleaned so they just had to be boiled for a few minutes.

Easy peasey supper in a flash
!

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_04_14

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_04_15

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

142021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Yummy Cajun catfish, a plain tomato, and a bean salad I bought at the market on Thursday. Different bean salad than what I’m used to. Lima beans, kidney beans, navy beans, some red pepper chunks, a lot of dill and either cream or yogurt dressing. Very nice."

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_04_16

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

152021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks good, Lore. The bean salad sounds interesting. I cooked some garbanzo beans this morning ~ maybe I should cook some baby lima beans & some of my leftover cooked green beans and make a dill-y yogurt dressing.......Hmmmmmmmmm

Gotta think that one through. Interesting.

162021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:20 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I baked some Salami Cheese buns, friends from my old neighborhood invited us for lunch tomorrow, so I made some of their favorite buns for them. While I was busy taking care of my buns, I put a couple pork tenderloin in my oven, I rubbed them with Adobo seasoning, then made some gravy with the juice. Everything finished at the same time, so I could enjoy my dinner without worrying about my buns in the oven, I steamed some Brussels sprout in my skillet, cooked with a bit water, salt black pepper and garlic powder, covered and let them cooked until the water is gone. The brown rice/quinoa was from a sachet I bought from Costco, microwaved for 90 seconds, easy peasy

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 65345a10
2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 23a90410
2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Db69eb10

172021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had shells pasta with our home garden tomato sauce. Banana bread for dessert.
30 minutes ago, I cooked an frittata with eggs, cheese, potatoes, onions, and peppers. It's all ready for tomorrows breakfast.
Thank God Tina is getting relief from the new medicine for her lung infection and pains.

bethk likes this post

182021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:05 am

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Looks good, Lore.  The bean salad sounds interesting.  I cooked some garbanzo beans this morning ~ maybe I should cook some baby lima beans & some of my leftover cooked green beans and make a dill-y yogurt dressing.......Hmmmmmmmmm

Gotta think that one through.  Interesting.

It's just before 5 in the morning here. Can't sleep, too much on my mind. I am looking at accommodations for a friend and me for in a couple of weeks. My friend, Carla, and her husband run the Takhini Hot Springs in Whitehorse, Yukon, just across the border from Alaska. They are doing a massive expansion/renovation, and she is coming here to check out a couple of spa facilities in Ontario. She had wanted to come visit, and then was going to take A TRAIN OR BUS TO GET TO THE SPAS, AND i SAID "nope, no bus, it's gonna be a road trip!" So, it will be a 5 day road trip with two spas to check out and use. Tough job, but someone has to do it, right? LOL

As for that salad, the vendor at that market said this was a Moroccan salad. I really liked the fact that there were several kinds of beans, will try to replicate it one day next week. I will cook several kinds of beans together, find out if that works, don't know how long each type of bean takes to cook. If some turn to mush, well, beans are not expensive!

192021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:10 am

Cookin Lore

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:We had shells pasta with our home garden tomato sauce. Banana bread for dessert.
30 minutes ago, I cooked an frittata with eggs, cheese, potatoes, onions, and peppers. It's all ready for tomorrows breakfast.
Thank God Tina is getting relief from the new medicine for her lung infection and pains.

That's great that she's getting relief from her pain. The fritatta sounds delicious! I used to make them for breakfast for B&B guests. Sometimes I used potato slices as a crust, bottom and sides of my deep dish.

202021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Good thing about the potato slices for a crust. I have to try that.

############################################

Braised beef cubes in gravy; over noodles tonight. ( I call it kibbles and bits ).

bethk likes this post

212021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Braised beef cubes in gravy; over noodles tonight. ( I call it kibbles and bits ).

And since YOU'RE the TOP DOG in the house, it's a rather appropriate supper dish.......

Hahahahahahahahaha!

222021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Still have a couple more weeks of soft meals due to the dental work. So far he hasn't had any problems with the temporary caps failing so I think I'm doing something right.

Tonight was open faced sloppy joes (so he had to cut them to eat instead of as a sandwich), corn cut from the cob & a fresh bag of potato chips.

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_05_13

232021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. London broil from a local butcher shop. They all seem to have their own recipe. This was very large, sausage meat, bacon, pork fat, then some beef slices wrapped around it. Really good, but there’s enough for a sandwich for lunch. Then half of the squash i learned to like last summer."

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_05_14

2021 September ~ What's Cooking? 09_05_15

((Ohhhh, Lore! I'm so jealous you found delicata squash to cook ~ it's SO delicious!))

242021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Cookin Lore

THanks. Yes that squash is delicious! And so good for a lazy person. No peeling! My sister's son, the VEGAN introduced me to that last summer. It's not sold in regular grocery stores here, only at farmers' markets, roadside stands.

252021 September ~ What's Cooking? Empty Re: 2021 September ~ What's Cooking? Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:28 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We made Roy Rogers beef sandwiches. Lots of AuJu for dipping.
Corn on the cob, and French fries.
For dessert, we had cannoli from Mikes Pastries shop in Boston.
Son and his wife were there over the week end.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum