Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ??

+4
cookingirl
Cookin Lore
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Katie had an expensive meal in the middle of the night. She tried to eat her cell phone and cracked the screen. Shocked
Razz

That sounds like when I have realistic dreams. The other night, I threw stones and rocks at the deer that were invading my moms house.
Only thing, was, the stones were my cell phone and my tv remote clicker.
When I woke up, my cell phone was on the other end of the room.
Thank god it didn't break. Razz

bethk likes this post

102It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The first thing I saw when I pulled open the freezer door this morning was a package of wings....

Hmmmmmm! That sounded good.

I had some sweet corn to cut off the cobs and some baby zucchini that would be good done on a grill mat ~ menu decided!

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 06_18_13

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

103It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"The last of my salad veggies in the fridge topped with feta and marinated seafood. Son and DIL are bringing groceries tomorrow. I gave them a list, and Lisa (I love her dearly) had no idea what curly parsley was! Lol"

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 06_18_14

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

104It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:50 pm

Cookin Lore

Now that was record time for posting my picture. Sink and DW are functional again, son is moving the stove tomorrow, so things are getting back to normal.. Still organizing things, and I have 4 boxes to go to a thrift shop. I've removed the sheets covering the furniture because I was soooooo tired of it.

105It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Nisson noodle soup, and crisped up chicken tenders.
All white meat from Chick fillet. I'm still hungry.

bethk likes this post

106It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went to one grocery store after another today trying to get everything on my list.....

By the time I was done ~ well, I was DONE !!!

I would have like to go out to get supper but even that sounded like a lot of energy so I opted for an easy meal ~ haluski.

I had some 'hot link' smoked beef sausage ~ just browned it and added it to the sauteed cabbage/onion/carrot and some egg noodles. Easy 'one-pot' meal and it's filling, too.

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 06_19_16

107It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:01 pm

Cookin Lore

That looks soooo good. I have my stove back! But, son said after he moved it "Mom, How about we go out and have some lunch and a beer on a patio"? So, no cooking tonight. Lunch with son was enough. I had some shrimp in the fridge, so I just ate them, and I'll have some fruit for dessert.. Omelette for breakfast tomorrow!

108It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie had friends over for BBQ. I grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and ribs and brisket in the smoker.It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 20210618
It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 20210619

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

109It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was about to have a can of mackerel, and I said, "How about pizza?"
Anybody? ? ?....... DD said I'll fly, and I said I'll buy!"
DD went to Clinton to get it. 25 minute drive to get it. Oven is preheated with the stone to heat it up... I seasoned ribs to have tomorrow.
Precooked, then just have to reheat them tomorrow on the grill.

B T W..... Happy fathers day to all the dads out there.

Hope everyone enjoyed Happy Juneteenth Day.

bethk likes this post

110It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:Charlie had friends over for BBQ.  I grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and ribs and brisket in the smoker.

It's as if your 'restaurant days' is still lurking in your abilities to feed the multitudes!

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

111It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Father's Day to our resident dads.........Hope your day is amazing!

112It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:02 am

Cookin Lore

Yes, Happy Father's day to all the dads! Beautiful sunny day here.

113It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:07 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday was a 'replenish the meat supply' day ~ I ended up at 3 different stores with stops at home to get everything in the refrigerator in a timely manner so it stayed cool (it was in the low 80's).

Today I got everything wrapped in serving sizes and into freezer zip bags with labels so I know what everything is.

I have ribeye steaks, bone-in/skin-on chicken breasts, marinated London Broil steaks with our favorite Provencal Steak marinade (from an old 'Dream Dinners' cookbook) and trimmed pork tenderloin along with a package of sliced up pork from the trimmings for Sweet & Sour Pork stir fry.

I kept enough of the sliced pork to sit in the refrigerator for tonight's supper.

And now I'm tired from standing at the kitchen counter for about an hour & a half......

114It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:30 pm

Cookin Lore

I have my kitchen back! Not totally finished, but functional, so I am making my own supper tonicht. Just a plain, simple piece of beef that I will put in a dish with some onion soup out of a package, bake a potato and make a salad. Daughter-in-law went grocery shopping for me yesterday. I had her get only fresh veggies, because I think this is the best opportunity for me to use up all the stuff in my freezer. I can't drive to get new, so I will have to use up what I have.

I'm just happy that I don't have to order in any more. It's not all it's cracked up to be. At least not for me.

bethk likes this post

115It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Having the ribs; just have to heat them on the grill.
DIL is bringing pierogi from the Ukrainian church they live by. My favorite, are the sauerkraut filled ones. YUM!!!.....With sour cream and fried onions.

bethk likes this post

116It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:46 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Cookin Lore wrote:I have my kitchen back!  Not totally finished, but functional, so I am making my own supper tonicht.  Just a plain, simple piece of beef that I will put in a dish with some onion soup out of a package, bake a potato and make a salad.  Daughter-in-law went grocery shopping for me yesterday.  I had her get only fresh veggies, because I think this is the best opportunity for me to use up all the stuff in my freezer.  I can't drive to get new, so I will have to use up what I have.

I'm just happy that I don't have to order in any more.  It's not all it's cracked up to be.  At least not for me.    

Lore, how is the foot swelling doing? Was it the right foot? I know it will be a no driving if it was.

bethk likes this post

117It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:I have my kitchen back!  Not totally finished, but functional, so I am making my own supper tonicht.  Just a plain, simple piece of beef that I will put in a dish with some onion soup out of a package, bake a potato and make a salad.  Daughter-in-law went grocery shopping for me yesterday.  I had her get only fresh veggies, because I think this is the best opportunity for me to use up all the stuff in my freezer.  I can't drive to get new, so I will have to use up what I have.

I'm just happy that I don't have to order in any more.  It's not all it's cracked up to be.  At least not for me.    

I agree ~ I do enjoy the occasional meal out or carry-out, but for the most part we eat at home with me doing the cooking.

It's an excellent opportunity to get creative with what you have available ~ you can decide tonight what to fix tomorrow so it has a chance to thaw.....even take the time to SIT and read through your cookbooks for something interesting and different!

118It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Why is it some dishes just bring back memories of many years ago?

I think I've been making this Sweet & Sour Pork since before I married in 1969! I'm sure then it was with Minute Rice (Ewwwwwww) and cooked until all the vegetables were VERY tender.

It's changed over the years.

What hasn't changed is that I always eat too much and I'm stuffed for at least an hour ~ but it's still a good feeling!

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 06_20_13

119It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:01 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I grew up eating Minute Rice and Uncle Ben's.

I wish there was some way to avoid being forced to watch commercials that I don't want to see. They are getting to be too much, First there was Charmin, and a bear with a dirty backside. Then it switched to an itchy backside. OOOOKKKKAAAYYY, enough already. Now it is a commercial for Colace, a stool softener and pineapples. Who thinks up these things? Now I just saw a commercial for men's underwear that lifts and separates. Wasn't that a Playtex bra jingle? LOL. I guess I am getting too old.

Tonight I made some great caprese sandwiches and I think we will repeat them again later this week. They had marinated red onions and tomatoes and a basil aoli with baby greens with fresh mozzarella.

120It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:47 am

NormM

NormM

Commercials that drive me batty in my old age are ones where the actor never took time to at least learn to act like they knew what they were doing or else are just plain stupid.  There is a mouthwash that is absolutely inane. All of those things they say sound good until you think about it and realize they said nothing substantive and the one where the guy and girl are doing karate moves is embarrassing.  They are just yelling and jumping around. Then there is the artist whose hands shake and sees things that aren't there. Think about how implausible  that is. In one scene he pulls back a sheet to reveal an acrylic painting.  That is completely unnecessary for so many reasons. There is an actor pretending to be working on a potters wheel but he isn't touching the clay and his hand are not even dirty. Not finally but I'll stop after this. Liberty Mutual.  Like not one car insurance company anywhere will tell you that they only have one policy and it insures a lot more than you need  and it is really expensive but OH WELL, it's all we got.  We can't adjust the terms to fit your needs. When any of those commercials come on, I hit the mute button.

bethk likes this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

121It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:43 am

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:

I agree ~ I do enjoy the occasional meal out or carry-out, but for the most part we eat at home with me doing the cooking.  

It's an excellent opportunity to get creative with what you have available ~ you can decide tonight what to fix tomorrow so it has a chance to thaw.....even take the time to SIT and read through your cookbooks for something interesting and different!

Yes, unfortunately, right foot. But i's feeling quite good. Thank goodness I can take the boot off to shower. I've walked a bit without it and it's not bad. There is really minimal pain and I'm hoping that by my followup appointments July 5, he'll suggest just a brace. I have been contacted by Costco's insurance company, have no idea what their suggestion, perhaps an offer will be. I am not looking to get rich, really just want my expenses etc. paid. I have had help in the house for about 12 hours so far. Help is coming again tomorrow for 3 hours.

It could have been a lot worse.

bethk likes this post

122It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Commercials that drive me batty in my old age are ones where the actor never took time to at least learn to act like they knew what they were doing or else are just plain stupid.. Liberty Mutual.  Like not one car insurance company anywhere will tell you that they only have one policy and it insures a lot more than you need  and it is really expensive but OH WELL, it's all we got.  We can't adjust the terms to fit your needs. When any of those commercials come on, I hit the mute button.

The Liberty Mutual Ins. wet teddy bears insurance is a loser. Evil or Very Mad

bethk likes this post

123It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've thawed a couple burger patties as well as a couple buns for supper tonight.

I wanted something to go with the grilled burgers and was on FB when I saw Judy's post about macaroni salad ~ BAM! THAT'S what I want!!!  (oh, so sad, I'm such an easily persuaded person!)

So, I've got my macaroni salad done.  Lots of celery, a grated carrot, 4 hard cooked eggs (also grated on the hand-held grater) and a dressing of my combo of Miracle Whip, Hellmann's, Sour Cream, a bunch of chopped parsley and chives and even some dry dill weed out of the pantry.  

I have/had some dill growing in the patio pots but it's now a nursery for the black swallowtail butterflies.....as well as 3 pots of parsley.

We noticed the butterflies return to the courtyard and then, within a couple days saw the baby 'worms' munching away on the herbs.  It's a small price to pay to help populate the area with those showy creatures!

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 What_a11

124It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The predicted rain held off so there was no problem grilling the burgers.

The coals were really hot (as can be seen on my bun that was over the coals for about 12 seconds....)

It looks worse than it tasted ~ brioche buns are too soft and mushy when you put a grilled burger on them if you don't toast them.

The macaroni salad was just the thing for a side ~ nice and cool and lots of crunchy celery!

It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 06_21_12

125It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? - Page 5 Empty Re: It's "JUNE 2021"...What's Cooking ?? Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina baked bone in chicken breasts, and made mac and cheese.
Peas from the can, and brownies for dessert, later tonight.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum