Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2021 ~ What's workin' in the kitchen?

+3
NormM
Cookin Lore
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina has P O R K steaks cooking / brazing, in the electric skillet.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed out a chicken breast and then had to come up with an idea......decided chicken chunks with Korean BBQ (store bought) sauce would do. I had yellow & green zucchini to saute and half a head of broccoli ~ that was going to be 'IT'. Then I got a hankerin' for buttered noodles with parsley & chives so I added it.

Now we're both stuffed.

March, 2021 ~ What's workin' in the kitchen? - Page 2 03_03_11

NormM and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

Shepherd's pie tonight, and coleslaw. Picture of pie coming, none of the coleslaw! Tonight it was also for my couple here in the building.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Charlie suggested hot dog and hamburgers on the grill.  We ate outside.  I tired a new brand of hot dogs.  They were really fat and long.  They were Wimmer's Las Vegas Brand hot dogs... Made in Illinois.  They tasted like I remember hot dog tasting when I was young. Charlie liked them too.

Last edited by NormM on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

Tonight, on Inside Edition (CBS), is a story on The Villages. You might want to watch the show Beth.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina cooked pork steaks braised with onions and potatoes.

March, 2021 ~ What's workin' in the kitchen? - Page 2 Pork_s11

bethk and NormM like this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thank goodness I cut that new bolognese recipe in half. I had to throw it in the trash. Awful. Part of the reason was probably the crushed tomatoes. I used Cento brand and they really aren't any good. Dinner was pasta primavera. I was in the mood for vegetables. The store had a special on asparagus for 88 cents/lb. It was pitiful. Skinnier than a pencil. It was ok for primavera though.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Scalloped potatoes & ham on the menu for tonight......

Bugster2

Bugster2

Beth, there is a new documentary on The Villages called "Some Kind of Heaven". From the previews it looks at the upside and downside of living there. They said it could be streamed on Demand. From what I don't know.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:Beth, there is a new documentary on The Villages called "Some Kind of Heaven". From the previews it looks at the upside and downside of living there. They said it could be streamed on Demand. From what I don't know.

I've heard about that.....many said it was a lot of 'hooey'......I can only go by my experiences ~ and we really enjoy the lifestyle here. There is a lot to do, Dane loves, Loves, LOVES playing golf every day. We have plenty of entertainment and yet, most of the time we just sit quietly in our home and continue on.

Bugster2

Bugster2

What I saw about the downside was being single and lonely. I think that is true of many retirement communities. I still think it would be interesting to watch.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

There's something about a 'comfort food' meal ~ brings back memories of meals gone by.....childhood meals at home with family or at Grandma's. Scalloped potatoes & ham is one of those meals for me. I don't make it often but I always like it when I make it.

March, 2021 ~ What's workin' in the kitchen? - Page 2 03_04_11

Bugster2

Bugster2

I had an ulcer in high school so my mother made this for me. It tasted so good.

bethk

bethk
Admin

You had an ulcer and your mother made you scalloped potatoes?

I would think the lactose in the milk would have hurt your stomach a lot.

Bugster2

Bugster2

No, milk soothes ulcers. Coats the stomach, neutralizes acid.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had 3 bowls of garden salad, with Maries thousand island dressing. A slice of Irish soda bread buttered. Tina had mashed potatoes and a jar of yogurt!

For lunch, I had an sliced egg sandwich, on grain bread, with mayo, and with Tony Packo's sweet hot pickles and peppers on the side.

Cookin Lore

Crackers, liverwurst, cheese and a can of smoked oysters for me last night! No calories or fat, right???

The first time I made scallopped potatoes my sis told me that they were a staple in the hospital cafeteria with ham when she was in nursing school... So, I put little chunks of ham in it. Unfortunately, I was making it for my DIL's parents, and her mom couldn't eat pork. Her dad loved it. Scalloped potatoes were not known in this German kitchen until about 8 years ago. Now I make them occasionally for son and DIL. And a small container for me, of course. Not one of my favs.

PS. On another thought, the English language makes no sense. For example, If I hop, the past tense is hopped; rip-ripped; mop=mopped; why is scallop without the double p???? LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Possibly spaghetti with tuna tonight. Orrrrrr....Chinese takeout. ???

bethk likes this post

Bugster2

Bugster2

Got a pot of Emeril's meat sauce on the stove. The house smells heavenly.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

it's been decided. = Pasta Fagiol.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Possibly spaghetti with tuna tonight. Orrrrrr....Chinese takeout. ???

it's been decided. = Pasta Fagiol.

Yeah, it's like that at my house, too.

Hahahahahahaha!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Q: Do Lutherans have fish on Friday?

A: They DO at my house tonight!

Grouper for me ~ salmon for HIM. Pretty darn tasty.

March, 2021 ~ What's workin' in the kitchen? - Page 2 03_05_11

Bugster2

Bugster2

My Italian girlfriend says pasta fazool. LOL

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:Q:  Do Lutherans have fish on Friday?

A:  They DO at my house tonight!

Grouper for me ~ salmon for HIM.  Pretty darn tasty.

March, 2021 ~ What's workin' in the kitchen? - Page 2 03_05_11

This Lutheran had seafood today, but it's not a church thing. And we also don't give stuff up for Lent.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Although I didn't know it until I was in my 40's, the church I grew up in was a branch of the Lutheran Church.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum