Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

NormM

NormM

I am not sure what to name this. Cassie suggested enchilada salad or Mexican lasagna. It's layers of taco sauce, tortillas, cheese and seasoned ground beef topped with green onions, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. We also had dehydrated crispy okra chips.
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 DSCN1202_zps67a93dd1

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth, Barb, And Norm...all your meals look so good. Well....Barb, the crispy skin on the chicken. Ya better get it b-4 I do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My stomach is topsy turvey today. There was a piece of leftover kilbasi I found in the refrigerator, and I gobbled it down too fast without chewing. (It's called wolfing it down). LOL

Maybe I will have a nice cup of tea, and I'll feel better later. It's cold as heck out! 5º now.

Snack may be a grilled cheese and tomato for me and Tina....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ahhhh! Feel better now!
Made us a Grilled cheese and tomato, on white Italian soft style bread.
I always peel the tomato before slicing it, with a sharp thin fillet knife.
It eliminates the bite pull; and chin burn if the skin is left on the tomato. Tina likes when I make them like that.
Used butter in the pan to fry them.
Oh! SOoooo Gooood! ...
They tasted like "Another" to me! hahahaha, but I don't want to be digesting till 4 AM.

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:I am not sure what to name this. Cassie suggested enchilada salad or Mexican lasagna. It's layers of taco sauce, tortillas, cheese and seasoned ground beef topped with green onions, lettuce, tomato and sour cream.  We also had dehydrated crispy okra chips.

Actually, Norm, it looks and sounds similar to the Kings Ranch Casserole I've seen a number of times....don't know if you've ever made it.  IF cheese wasn't one of the absolute main components I would probably have it on my menu rotation.  But it's got cooked, shredded chicken instead of the beef taco meat you used.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Norm your Taco salad/whatever look s awesome. I love to make stuff like that.

And Beth with perfect cubes of tator.To much work for me lol hummmm peas.... I need to get some...

Jimmy what you think is wrong with the tummy???Gallstones, ulcer..My bet would be the food you are eating..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Norm your Taco salad/whatever look s  awesome. I love to make stuff like that.

And Beth with perfect cubes of tator.To much work for me lol hummmm peas.... I need to get some...

Jimmy what you think is wrong with the tummy???Gallstones, ulcer..My bet would be the food you are eating..

no difference, Barb, than the evenly sliced squash in YOUR casserole. Just cubed so they cook quickly and evenly and the butter melts in all over....lol

Barbara101

Barbara101

well my guess is chicken soup tonight.. Razz 

guess you are right. My FP makes slices to thin. Might buy a blade that makes thicker slices.Or maybe just a new box slicer. I have a really really old one. Works ok just not sharp like it should be..

I find it faster to line them up & slice with a big knife.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:
I find it faster to line them up & slice with a big knife.

Yup ~ takes seconds and everything cooks evenly.....pretty is just a nice by-product!

NormM

NormM

I looked up the Kings Ranch casserole and it uses cream of chicken and mushroom soups and tortilla chips along with tomatos and chilies (Rotel?). I used uncooked corn tortillas, Spanish Garden taco sauce which is made locally, chili powder, cumin and hamburger. Both have cheese and onion. Cassie said it was like an enchilada with lettuce and tomato added. If I had used tortilla chips, I guess it could have been called a taco salad.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

IF I ate cheese, I'd think it would be pretty perfect.....

It's like the time I made the chicken enchilada casserole with the canned green chili sauce - put cheese on Dane's and made mine with some cream cheese tucked inside. It was pretty good. But then, I'm more of a flour tortilla person than the corn.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

NormM wrote:I am not sure what to name this. Cassie suggested enchilada salad or Mexican lasagna. It's layers of taco sauce, tortillas, cheese and seasoned ground beef topped with green onions, lettuce, tomato and sour cream.  We also had dehydrated crispy okra chips.

I like it too Norm.. I call it Baked Layered Tortilla.. I like to add some green chili sauce in it

Dirk went to dentist to have his teeth treated.. the last time he went there he and his dentist talked about foods.. his dentist knows a lot about Indonesian foods, he used to live in Holland.. there are a lot of Indonesian foods in Holland, Indonesia was a colony of The Netherlands for about 350 years.. so understandable there are still lots of the people there like the foods..

Anyway.. he talked about Indonesian Fried Rice and said he likes it very much.. and asked if he could buy some from me.. today we are going there again, and we are going to surprise him with my fresh homemade Indonesian fried rice... there are various ways to make it.. I just go with what I usually do.. the only ingredient that it must have is sweet soy sauce.. and some standard garnishments.. like fried egg,  chicken satay, pickled and chili sauce.. I made some satay yesterday.. I used chicken breast with the traditional peanut dressing

the satay were a bit dry to my taste.. I like them in dark meat better.. juicier and tender..

I'll post the fried rice pics later

Chicken breast satay.. marinated overnight with garlic powder, oil, coriander powder, sweet soy sauce..

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 38-1

with peanut butter dressing ( peanut butter cooked in coconut milk, some chili sauce added and some of lemon juice)

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 36-2

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:

I like it too Norm.. I call it Baked Layered Tortilla.. I like to add some green chili sauce in it

Dirk went to dentist to have his teeth treated.. the last time he went there he and his dentist talked about foods.. his dentist knows a lot about Indonesian foods, he used to live in Holland.. there are a lot of Indonesian foods in Holland, Indonesia was a colony of The Netherlands for about 350 years.. so understandable there are still lots of the people there like the foods..

Anyway.. he talked about Indonesian Fried Rice and said he likes it very much.. and asked if he could buy some from me.. today we are going there again, and we are going to surprise him with my fresh homemade Indonesian fried rice... there are various ways to make it.. I just go with what I usually do.. the only ingredient that it must have is sweet soy sauce.. and some standard garnishments.. like fried egg,  chicken satay, pickled and chili sauce.. I made some satay yesterday.. I used chicken breast with the traditional peanut dressing

the satay were a bit dry to my taste.. I like them in dark meat better.. juicier and tender..

Chicken breast satay.. marinated overnight with garlic powder, oil, coriander powder, sweet soy sauce..

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 38-1

with peanut butter dressing ( peanut butter cooked in coconut milk, some chili sauce added and some of lemon juice)

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 36-2

There it is...Oh So Sweet
That's the Chicken Jimmy Would Eat
If you Drop It on the Floor....
That's OK..Cause Jimmy Will Eat It And Not Be Sore!

See... That's the way I like chicken. That has Jimmy Written All Over It!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I want hot dogs with chili sauce... Tina wants Pizza..
Guess who won?

At least she is putting it together. Only thing is... P berry blue tube pizza crust, and doctored up Don Pepe's canned pizza sauce....

I better take the Zantac now!

I will take pictures.... hahahahaha

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add stuffff)

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 1608579_10201912935399864_969335090_n

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 1608579_10201912935399864_969335090_n

Looks great Barb.
Looks like a vegetable delight.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

BLUE TUBE PIZZA

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 F8iu

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 4pq1

The pizza was ok. Nice and cheesy.
I hogged down 6 slices.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good soup, Barb....always a good choice. For me it's not right without the carrots & celery. I can do without the meat, but I gotta have the vegetables.

I'll just bet that pizza was inhaled, Jimmy. Looks like one you would suffer through just so Tina didn't feel bad about using the tube crust.....oh, yeah, Jimmy would be "nice" and eat it!

Lyn & Barb & I went on a road trip today to Altamonte Springs, about an hour away to go to Costco and Home Goods. We stopped for lunch at a lovely little bistro in Mt. Dora, a tourist-y town with tons of antique shops and little unique gift shops. We all had a good time.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:

Great looking meal, Imelda! I love food on a stick!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Good soup, Barb....always a good choice.  For me it's not right without the carrots & celery.  I can do without the meat, but I gotta have the vegetables.

I'll just bet that pizza was inhaled, Jimmy.  Looks like one you would suffer through just so Tina didn't feel bad about using the tube crust.....oh, yeah, Jimmy would be "nice" and eat it!

Lyn & Barb & I went on a road trip today to Altamonte Springs, about an hour away to go to Costco and Home Goods.  We stopped for lunch at a lovely little bistro in Mt. Dora, a tourist-y town with tons of antique shops and little unique gift shops.  We all had a good time.

There are 4 slices left. No more for me. Tina will wake up at around 3:00 and nibble on one.

Geeze! Ya better tell Dane to bring a stack of 20's with him. He's gonna need it to pay the bills for your gaggle of Unique Gift Shoppe Tours....hahahahahahaha

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

Geeze! Ya better tell Dane to bring a stack of 20's with him. He's gonna need it to pay the bills for your gaggle of Unique Gift Shoppe Tours....hahahahahahaha

SHHHHHHHHhhhhhh! What you hear here on the forum needs to STAY on the fourm ~ no need to blab to HIM about any shopping trips.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

SHHHHHHHHhhhhhh!  What you hear here on the forum needs to STAY on the fourm ~ no need to blab to HIM about any shopping trips.  

OK... I won't tell him. I won't tell you what he is getting ready to B U Y $$ when he gets down there!... Oh! By the way, if you speak to him today, tell him the Boat he bought from my friend has twin 300 horsepower engines, and is 45 feet long and not 40 feet long. If he wants the scuba gear and tanks, he could just make the check out for 138,000.00. He will throw the tanks and gear in for free.
Oooops! Did I spill the beans??? You knew about the boat....right??

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 1628686546 

bethk

bethk
Admin

funny, Jimmy.....NOT!

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 11 1450907917 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I think supper is gonna be "Dog Food" for Jimmy....
He's in the dog house now..........................

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nah, Jimmy - it's too cold to stick even YOU out in the dog house!

I'm doing the second half of the beef & broccoli. Well, it may end up being just beef if the broccoli reheats wilty....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum