Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN?

+4
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well...A New Month, and it's still winter here. Today is Saturday, and It will be a good clean out the fridge day.
Who knows? We may com across something to eat someway! LOL

I am thinking of hot dogs and chili. We shall see.

Oooops! I know I will be prepping the city chicken for tomorrows Super Bowl Game. The kids are coming over and they are all bringing stuff.

Well.... Time for a coffee!  Cool 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane would eat chicken 7 days a week if I fixed it....

Tonight, grilled chicken breast, baked potato and zucchini/carrot/onion "spaghetti":

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 020114

NormM

NormM

I made Jimmy's hot dog chili for dinner today. I had a steak left over from yesterday so I ground it up then chopped up some hamburger patties in the freezer.  I didn't have any tomato sauce but I did have a 16 oz jar of Italian sauce so I left out some of the oregano.  The only thing I added that was not in Jimmy's recipe was a teaspoon of cocoa.  Charlie went to the store and got some hot dogs.  Cassie does not like pork hot dogs so he got some chicken ones and some bratwurst.  She had a bratwurst one.  The chili was very good.

Last edited by NormM on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? Bbqchickenpizzalikecaliforniapizzakitchen425b

BBQ chicken pizza

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? Bbqchickenpizza425c

bethk

bethk
Admin

I really liked Jimmy's chili sauce, too, Norm. It tastes just like the sauce used at the Hot Dog stands we have in Ohio that are run and owned for generations by the Greek immigrants. I'm taking some to our Toledo (former) residents Super Bowl party tomorrow.

Barb! Gorgeous pizza. The crust looks perfect.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

beautiful meal Beth.. I just finish my "zuchghetti" today.. love it..

Barbara.. beautiful pizza.. did you make the crust too?

I have so many ideas in my head for dinner meals this month.. chili, hot dog, taco ( I've bought the taco shells ), pizza, steaks and many more.. but tomorrow we are going to eat Indonesia style beef short ribs, I've slow boiled them in spices, they are tender now.. tomorrow I'm going to either grill or fry them..

I'm thinking of cooking Minestrone soup too.. I've never cooked / eaten it before.. today I saw they cooked it in County Cook show and I'm interested to cook some.. I've bought zucchini, no Swiss Chard, I might substitute it with Kale and add some hot sausages in it.. I'm sure Dirk will be very happy with it
 Smile

Barbara101

Barbara101

I'm thinking of cooking Minestrone soup too..

Imelda make my recipe for it.I came across the recipe in my all time favorite cookbook.Back in 1989... I Have made it ever since. It is the best ..well in my opinion & everyone who has eaten it.. I will post it the Odds & Ends..Yes mine has Italian sausage in it.

Pizza crust ,,,sadly no I did not make it like I do.. Not since my breadmaker went south..I made it once in my KA mixer. The recipe was bad as the mess . To much mess. I do know I can make in my Food processor ,,, I will try it & see.I also know it won't be as easy or good as bread maker.. But I bought this fresh made in my grocery store bakery..It was on sale too.$2. made a big sheet pan.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I was going to make a pan of lasagna but saw Mahi Mahi in publix,so I will grill that for tonight..

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 1619644_10201696654362840_455290012_n

grilled Mahi Mahi. Grilled cauliflower.Salsa.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

OMG....I am so sick and full!
We are having a super bowl dinner / party / TV watchin event.

The food and dips were never ending.

DD did so much cooking. Wings / dips / fondu cheese and bacon.
DIL made Mexican chili dip. Had salad nibbles to scoop up spinach dips.

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 2dg9
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? Ibl3
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 7fvy
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? Vfzo
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? H0x4
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? Nlri

And the Brownies and carrot cake were delicious...

I got a shot of Tina (obscured) but she was comfy in her recliner; and watching the half time show.
FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? K3kz

That's all I am doing, is drinking water. I'm so thirsty from all the cheese dips and the chips ....etc.  Smile 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Jimmy, that's a problem. Everyone wants to have "just a taste" of all their favorites, as well as be able to bring something new to the table to try out on a crowd.

Thank goodness we don't do it every weekend!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

grilled Mahi Mahi. Grilled cauliflower. Salsa.

That looks really good, Barb. I'm thinkin' some fish is in our near future ~ and I would love to have a nice fruit salsa with it. Hmmmmm, gotta start thinkin' on that one.

Barbara101

Barbara101

fruit salsa.... I make that when fruit is lousy.Pretty much all the time lol.All the fruit is shopped in from god knows where & is hard,& tasteless.Even folks that have stands at the outside markets go to the shipped in wholesale lot upstate & buy that crap & try to sell it as fresh  Evil or Very Mad FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 2855670339 

Some farmers have stands but few ..Plus I would have to drive far to even find them..Hate that about living here.

Co op baskets are very expensive & you have to drive to the farms to pick it up...Then you take what they give you..

Fla strawberry are the only things I buy when fresh. Then it is hit or miss.We get NJ blueberry's ????? yeah right..??? I know NJ blueberry's & they are not them..

I tell ya frozen berry's are better then what is in the stores........

So I make salsa...lol..

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm thawing out some pork country ribs for pork & sauerkraut tonight. I will probably make the German noodles just because it's only for the two of us and Dane will whine if I don't....lol

Actually, he's just so grateful to have me cooking his meals again. He's the first to admit he doesn't like his own cooking.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Just got back from grocery.They will have wings on sale $1.99 till Tuesday so I bought 4 more packages.Plus I hit the meat counter too.Huge mark offs on Monday. cheers   FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 2790317363 My freezer is packed..

so what IS for my dinner lol.well I do have grill that NYS I took out..80` today & I shut off my heater yesterday & will have to turn on the cool today  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 2855670339 

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barb, if you see LA strawberries in the store, buy them. We have the sweetest ones you'll ever taste.

One local store has wings on sale (if there's any left) until Wednesday and they were $1.49/lb. I read on another site how much people all over are paying for wings now and I was astounded. I used to buy them to make chicken stock if I didn't have a carcass in the freezer.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crybaby wrote:Barb, if you see LA strawberries in the store, buy them.  We have the sweetest ones you'll ever taste.  

One local store has wings on sale (if there's any left) until Wednesday and they were $1.49/lb.  I read on another site how much people all over are paying for wings now and I was astounded.  I used to buy them to make chicken stock if I didn't have a carcass in the freezer.  

isn't that funny. I used to do the same thing. Use them for soup because they were so cheap ..Ha now it is cheaper to buy a whole bird.Here they run over $3 or 4 a lb.When on sale I buy...

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Beautiful Mahi Mahi, Barbara.. I love it too, but here is hard to get..

What a feast Jimmy.. all yummy foods  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 3593629538 

After my coffee I'm going to the store to get some celery and Italian sausage for my Minestrone soup.. I talked about it with Dirk.. he said he likes it very much.. poor guy.. he did not eat it for a long time as I never cooked it before.. from now on, I'm going to cook it once in a while and today I'll cook a big pot for him to eat for a few days until he says no more Minestrone soup for awhile  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 1838020472 lol! 

yesterday I cooked Indonesian style grilled beef short ribs.. it was good.. lots of fat though  FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 1838020472 

I boiled my ribs with lots of spices.. ground shallots + garlic + candle nuts + turmeric, ground coriander, tamarind, palm sugar, ginger, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves, after the the ribs tender ( about 3 hours simmering, another 30 minutes cook until the liquid evaporated ), I pan grilled them

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 5-2

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 3-5

bethk

bethk
Admin

It looks like you got some beef short ribs with a lot of meat on them. Lately all I can find are the boneless beef short ribs, the thick part of beef attached to the thick piece of gristle that attaches it to the bone. I don't know what they are doing with the bones (that add so much flavor). Maybe they found they can sell them as soup bones or something....

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:It looks like you got some beef short ribs with a lot of meat on them.  Lately all I can find are the boneless beef short ribs, the thick part of beef attached to the thick piece of gristle that attaches it to the bone.  I don't know what they are doing with the bones (that add so much flavor).  Maybe they found they can sell them as soup bones or something....

our local store sells good meaty short ribs.. with bones.. the best in our small town ( we only have 3 grocery stores )

my Minestrone soup was so good.. I made a big pot.. Dirk had 2 cups for brunch, I had 1 small bowl.. I'm going to have some rice with my leftover ribs later.. Dirk is going to have more soup for supper

I added Italian sausage and bunch of veggies, zucchini, celery, green beans, carrots, potatoes, kale, tomatoes, beans and onions, topped with shaved Parmesan Cheese

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 7-2

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 8-1

Barbara101

Barbara101

soup looks good Imelda.. FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 3602300868 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Great looking soup, Imelda. Is that your home grown kale in it?

I made the pork and sauerkraut, although it was really warmer in the house than I wanted. But it's a meal Dane loves, so......what can I say? He's had a long wait to get here, I might as well feed him what he likes!

Pork, sauerkraut and spetzloff (German drop noodles):

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 020314

Barbara101

Barbara101

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? 1660974_10201682256402900_710958345_n

grilled NYS, bacon wrapped mushrooms & asparagus, zucchini boat..Calabrese garlic toast.

yeah  hot today.. had to turn on my cool air..

bethk

bethk
Admin

nice looking steak....I'm thinking of some stuffed zucchini with the last couple I have in the refrigerator. I was going to make zucchini muffins and changed my mind and have just eaten it cooked as a vegetable.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow... Imelda. the short ribs look and sound awesome......

Barb.....the meal and the tomato layers on that bread...Ummmmmm!

Beth...prize meal with the drop noodles. Did you drop them in the sink? Or on the floor??
hahahahaha....only kidding.

Tina made a great chili today whilst DD and I cleared the 8 inches or so of snow we got this morning.
I just had it with crackers. Thank god Maria took the bulk of the cheese dips for her work tomorrow.
I am looking at two nice big tomatoes on the counter. I think it would be nice of me, to make Tina and me..a Griddle-d cheese and tomato tonight for snack. Gotta have a snack. Going down to 13º tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum