Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen?

+4
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
Imelda HL
bethk
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm at a loss for ideas of what sounds good to me. I think it's time to drive out to the Farmers' Market for some vegetable inspiration. So....stay tuned and we'll see what develops !

It IS strawberry season here. I think that means it's also Strawberry Shortcake Season here.

Hmmmm, that sounds pretty good to me right now. We'll see.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:I'm at a loss for ideas of what sounds good to me.  I think it's time to drive out to the Farmers' Market for some vegetable inspiration.  So....stay tuned and we'll see what develops !

It IS strawberry season here.  I think that means it's also Strawberry Shortcake Season here.

Hmmmm, that sounds pretty good to me right now.  We'll see.

I got 2 lbs of beautiful and fresh strawberry yesterday.. I washed and put them in bags and froze them for my smoothies

WE are so hungry.. my in-laws are here since noon, but we still need to wait for another SIL, she will be here at 3 pm... I have chips, guacamole, crackers, Brie cheese, even my Cream Cheese wontons are almost gone for snacking.. I have all my foods warming in the oven, once she arrived ( hopefully she will on time) we are all ready to eat.. I know everybody is starving

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, you should have invited the entire family for breakfast for your wonderful rolls and then they would have all been available to eat when you got hungry.....

I finally decided on wings to go with the red beet stems & greens I wanted to cook. When we went to the Farmers' Market I ended up with a slew of nice vegetables.....beets w/greens, baby bok choy, zucchini, Kirby cucumbers, corn, onions, carrots and a dikon radish that ended up being rather bitter instead of the usual sweet/hot. I think it might be old.

So, here's supper: We'll be having the strawberry shortcake as a bedtime snack because we're both too stuffed to eat it right now.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 030114

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Imelda, you should have invited the entire family for breakfast for your wonderful rolls and then they would have all been available to eat when you got hungry.....

I finally decided on wings to go with the red beet stems & greens I wanted to cook.  When we went to the Farmers' Market I ended up with a slew of nice vegetables.....beets w/greens, baby bok choy, zucchini, Kirby cucumbers, corn, onions, carrots and a dikon radish that ended up being rather bitter instead of the usual sweet/hot.  I think it might be old.

So, here's supper:  We'll be having the strawberry shortcake as a bedtime snack because we're both too stuffed to eat it right now.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 030114

Hurry up! Quick, Quick!... Get a bite out of that butter before it falls off!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made Blue Tube Pizza Crust and sauced and cheesed it. It was not bad!

I had a Shrimp and Lobster Roll. Ummmm! Oh! I ate some pizza too.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? Jlan

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? Rn78

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? Icdm

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? Ni7n

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? Hki7

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Beth.. I love corn on the cob with butter.. sprinkle a bit of chili powder.. yum.. and the wings look good too

Jimmy.. did you make the lobster roll? looks yummy..

I'm tired, cleaned up after family dinner.. my MIL always wants to help me clean up, but I rather do it myself.. even when Dirk offered to do it, I said no.. so now I'm tired but mostly clean and neat.. I even baked a cheesecake for dinner tomorrow at my in-laws house.. we are going to celebrate my MIL's early birthday, Sis, my sister in law and her husband are going back to CA on Monday..

I baked some Parker House Roll.. lots of melted butter, so good  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 1838020472 lol! 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1954

my Brussels Sprouts.. they loved the bacon bits  lol! 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1981

my stew beef with red wine, I served with plates ( not bowl)  so I did not put out a lot of broth/juice in that dish

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1964

goodies

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1992

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1957

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Beth.. I love corn on the cob with butter.. sprinkle a bit of chili powder.. yum.. and the wings look good too

Jimmy.. did you make the lobster roll? looks yummy..

I'm tired, cleaned up after family dinner.. my MIL always wants to help me clean up, but I rather do it myself.. even when Dirk offered to do it, I said no.. so now I'm tired but mostly clean and neat.. I even baked a cheesecake for dinner tomorrow at my in-laws house.. we are going to celebrate my MIL's early birthday, Sis, my sister in law and her husband are going back to CA on Monday..

I baked some Parker House Roll.. lots of melted butter, so good  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 1838020472 lol! 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1954

my Brussels Sprouts.. they loved the bacon bits  lol! 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1981

my stew beef with red wine, I served with plates ( not bowl)  so I did not put out a lot of broth/juice in that dish

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1964

goodies

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1992

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN1957

It all looks so good Imelda. Love the treats and the crackers and cheese goodies.

Tina bought the baked rolls for the Lobster Rolls. Actually Shrimp boiled in spice and celery, then pulled apart with a fork to make like shreds. Same with the Skate Fish I added. Celery diced small and onion minced. Green bell pepper minced Mayonaise and salt and pepper.
Some paprika powder to color a little.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

It all looks so good Imelda. Love the treats and the crackers and cheese goodies.

Tina bought the baked rolls for the Lobster Rolls. Actually Shrimp boiled in spice and celery, then pulled apart with a fork to make like shreds. Same with the Skate Fish I added. Celery diced small and onion minced. Green bell pepper minced Mayonaise and salt and pepper.
Some paprika powder to color a little.

thank you Jimmy.. lent season is coming soon.. so on one of the Lent Friday I'm going to make some shrimp rolls  Smile

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, everything looks wonderful. I'll bet those dinner rolls went really well with your stew! I'm really glad your guests like the Brussels sprouts with bacon. It's one of our favorites, although I usually only cook them at holiday time....don't know why that is.

I know what you mean about cleaning up your own kitchen. Even though it's tiring, it's the only way to get everything back where you can find it and have the relief of knowing it's all taken care of. Now I just wish I could get my refrigerator organized as well as everything else....maybe if I dumped out about 50 condiments that are really just taking up space. But I have such a difficult time throwing something away because I just might want to use it again, although probably not.

Barbara101

Barbara101

My fridge is very organized.But my pots & pans cabinet  affraid My large cabinet that holds my plastic stuff.  affraid   affraid I have a temper fit about once a month,dump every thing out clean it up. Then by the time I empty the dishwasher a few times the mess is back.PIA.My upper cabs are very neat. baking stuff in one. Cans in another. etc.I keep coffee,oatmeal etc by the cans.All neat.Under the sink is kept neat too. I have 4 plastic tubs for stuff.But most cleaning items in the laundry area.

I put plastic lazy susans in my fridge.Just turn it to find what I need.

Now my outside freezer.. yikes.......I need to get a standup..with bins..

I have a pullout drawer on the range that I use for baking trays pizza pans flat stuff skillets, put the drawer itself HUGE PIA.Keeps coming off its rails.  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 1562938848 

Barbara101

Barbara101

Going to over 70` today. Pretty sure I will grill something.Those Beths strawberry looked so good but even tho they say fresh from Fla???? The last ones I got not so good.Maybe with enough cream lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today will be Roast Pork Loin. Had it in the freezer and Tina is going to make it with Cinnamon Red apples on top.
Mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes.
Stuffing .... and gravy.
Asparagus and roasted carrots from the pork pot.

They downgraded the snow amount to 3 to 6 inches so, it will be no big deal.

NormM

NormM

Charlie made bulgogi, Korean pancakes and fish cakes along with lettuce wrap, red paste, kim che and rice yesterday.

I started a brisket curing so we can have homemade corned beef later this month.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made supper. I prepped everything and she seasoned and put it together.

Roast Pork Loin with spiced red cinnamon apple slices. Stuffing!

The stuffing was awefull . Tina used cubed potato bread. Yuck! It tasted rancid.
The pork was delicious. Lacking salt though.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? Tgeu

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 589j

We will enjoy thin slices of pork on a sammich with mayo. I could make some Chinese Pork Fried Rice tomorrow also. Hmmm!

I know. Tina wants chili, so I can grind the small piece of pork, and add it to the ground beef.
that's it. Solved. Chili for Tina and Beth Burgers tomorrow for me. Baked beans too. Canned ones doctored up! I can finish up the coleslaw too.

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 8683_10151636545995768_452021836_n

grilled pork chop.blackberry sauce.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks good, you guys!

We took off on a whim this morning to go see Dane's sister & brother (about 1 1/4 hour away). I told my BIL we were there to "steal" oranges. He looked at me and just said, "that's good! Just less that will fall on the ground and make a rotting mess."

We picked 4 big bags full, super juicy & sweet.....I've got a dozen in my fridge and the rest I'll share with Lyn & Barb ~ Lyn's got an automatic juicer so all she'll have to do is wash 'em, cut 'em in half and turn the thing on. When these are used up we'll just make another drive to get more.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 8683_10151636545995768_452021836_n

grilled pork chop.blackberry sauce.

Looks mighty tasty. Never had sauces like that on pork, but once tina made them with apricot jam, but the jam was way too sweet. I don't like too sweet.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I was so tired last night but I promised to bring dessert for our dinner at my in-laws' house, so last night I made this Caramel Cheesecake, I used the Nestle La Lechera Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Kit, so easy.. too sweet.. I reduced 1/4 of the milk and still too sweet for me.. but everybody loves it, they ate it till the last crumb on the plate  Very Happy 

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN2003

and I this morning I made some fried noodles in hurry because we had to go to the noon mass, I used whatever left in my fridge, 1 red bell pepper, a bit of napa cabbage, bunch of homegrown green onions and 1 carrot, at the last minute I cooked some bacon bits in microwave and added them and fried shallots for garnish

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? DSCN2000

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm with you, Imelda....the others can have the sweet stuff. I'll fight you over the noodle bowl every time! Well, fight is kind of a strong word. Let's just say I'd slurp up as many of those noodles as I could while you were looking in the other direction!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks mighty tasty. Never had sauces like that on pork, but once tina made them with apricot jam, but the jam was way too sweet. I don't like too sweet.

when I use a fruit jam, I cut it with dijon and or a touch balsamic .This sauce was just a handful of fresh Blackberry & spoonfull of blackberry seedless jam heated & made it thin.Not sweet at all just nice & blackberry touch..  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 2599281016 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Looks mighty tasty. Never had sauces like that on pork, but once tina made them with apricot jam, but the jam was way too sweet. I don't like too sweet.

when I use a fruit jam, I cut it with dijon and or a touch balsamic .This sauce was just a handful of fresh Blackberry & spoonfull of blackberry seedless jam heated & made it thin.Not sweet at all just nice & blackberry touch..  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 2599281016 

I know your chop was not sweet, but sometimes Tina will get those gift baskets with the cheepo jelly or jam, and they sit in the refridge for like 3 years or more.
Some are sooooo sweet. Now! Tina Loves sweets, and I don't eat that many candy sweets, so even a chocolate chip tastes sweet to me.

DD is going to make me choc / chip cookies, and she knows daddy likes only a few choc chips in each cookie. Haaaaa!!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

hahah that is how I make CCC. half bag or less chips,then I add pecans.

Lots of folks don't like fruit in their salads or on meat. Gosh I love it.Apples with pork.Berrys on pork & chicken & love love a fruit salsa on fish & shrimp.Pineapple too.Great with ham or pork & kabobs.mango,papaya ..Funny tho strawberry does not seem to go on meat lol.

I like to use pears with pork & love it in salads.Manderin oranges in salad with chicken breast in a spinach salad  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 2599281016 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:hahah that is how I make CCC. half bag or less chips,then I add pecans.

Lots of folks don't like fruit in their salads or on meat. Gosh I love it.Apples with pork.Berrys on pork & chicken & love love a fruit salsa on fish & shrimp.Pineapple too.Great with ham or pork & kabobs.mango,papaya ..Funny tho strawberry does not seem to go on meat lol.

I like to use pears with pork & love it in salads.Manderin oranges in salad with chicken breast in a spinach salad  March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 2599281016 

Mom and dad used to make a big bowl of salad, and with radishes / tangerines / grapes / tomatoes / and lettuce. Oil and Vinegar was the only dressing we knew of.

Unbelievably, mom let me and my brother choose not to eat it, or to pick out the stuff other than lettuce and tomato. hahahaah

Now! .... I like to make a salad = Lettuce / tomato / diced up pepperoni / diced up cheese / hot peppers. Drizzled with olive oil, and eaten with a loaf of Italian Bread. hahaha Definetly NOT a weight watchers salad. hahahaha

bethk

bethk
Admin

Brats w/peppers & onions, baked potato, red beets and a tossed salad filled us to the brim.

Strawberries & blueberries on shortcake will be inhaled before bedtime.

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 030314

And....dessert

TA DA !!!

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 030314dessert

Barbara101

Barbara101

March, 2014 ~ What's cooking in the kitchen? 1001378_617895201562749_1306174108_n

Top Sirloin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum