Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 15]

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 9714_10200839102124570_375600364_n

messy burger. cooked indoors.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Messy Burger = Yummy Burger.....just gotta have a roll of paper towels close by.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I could manage it..... Looks greaaaaat Barbara.

I gave up supper for a while. I had a bologna sandwich with mayo and onions and lettuce, and it is still sitting heavy on my stomach.
It's not Gall Bladder....because the pizza gave me no problem last night.
I may just have some "Mr. Amazing Toast!" .... Beth knows what that is!
B........U........R........N.....T.... Charcoal.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

here are my fried rice pics.. ( if you search Indonesian Fried Rice, you'll find the similar pics with mine )

this was the one I brought to the dentist.. I fried the rice with sliced shallots, minced garlic, added small cubed chicken meat, cabbage, red jalapeno pepper, seasoned with soy sauce and sweet soy sauce, black pepper, garnished with fried shallots..

I fried 1 over well egg.. chicken satay with peanut sauce, some jicama, cucumber and carrot pickled, chili sauce and some Padi Oat cracker

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 39-2

this was our supper today... ( yesterday we had supper at Cheesecake Factory )

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 40-2

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:here are my fried rice pics.. ( if you search Indonesian Fried Rice, you'll find the similar pics with mine )

this was the one I brought to the dentist.. I fried the rice with sliced shallots, minced garlic, added small cubed chicken meat, cabbage, red jalapeno pepper, seasoned with soy sauce and sweet soy sauce, black pepper, garnished with fried shallots..

I fried 1 over well egg.. chicken satay with peanut sauce, some jicama, cucumber and carrot pickled, chili sauce and some Padi Oat cracker

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 39-2

this was our supper today... ( yesterday we had supper at Cheesecake Factory )

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 40-2

L00KS great Imelda. The fried rice is my favorite. Very Happy 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Fantastic, Imelda.....I'm sure your dentist will be extra careful when he's working on Dirk!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Norm wrote:I am not sure what to name this. Cassie suggested enchilada salad or Mexican lasagna. It's layers of taco sauce, tortillas, cheese and seasoned ground beef topped with green onions, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. We also had dehydrated crispy okra chips.

Norm, that casserole looks fantastic! I like the way you made it better than the one with canned soup. I'm not a food snob but I generally avoid recipes with cans of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup or the like. I just don't like the taste of those soups in dishes.

Imelda, did you bring that whole aluminum container to the dentist?! Lucky guy. What did he say? He must've been soooo flattered. I sure would be.

Barbara101

Barbara101

it will be 55` today so maybe I will grill my stuffed pork chops? Not sure tho.

I bought some chops ,,2 " thick.Apple with raisin bread stuffing.Sides ?? TBD..

bethk

bethk
Admin

The skies were blue, the temperature was in the high 60's...a perfect grilling day. And, golly, but I can't remember the last time I made a full meal for my supper.

Grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, sauted zucchini & leeks, wilted lettuce salad and freshly baked egg bread. Boy, am I STUFFED!

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 012514

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:The skies were blue, the temperature was in the high 60's...a perfect grilling day.  And, golly, but I can't remember the last time I made a full meal for my supper.

Grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, sauted zucchini & leeks, wilted lettuce salad and freshly baked egg bread.  Boy, am I STUFFED!

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 012514

Looks Good Beth!  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 4056093967 ( I'm visualizing Sliced Pork Tenderloin for Me Me Jimmy Me!)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper is going to be a huge amount of Breaded and Fried Chicken Breasts!
Huh!.......... For The Kids and Tina. I helped bread the 7 pounds of sliced breasts.
They just have to be brought to room temperature for 2 hours, and Tina will fry them.
She doesn't like the way I fry the chicken, because I F R Y it Too Browned for their liking . (Period)

I will have the hot dogs with chili sauce that I have been yearning for the past couple day's.

There will be 5 lbs. of mashed potatoes for them also. String beans and corn from the can.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

weird.. I wrote a long reply and it's all gone  Question 

anyway.. Jimmy.. fried rice is my favorite too.. my emergency menu when I run out of idea  Smile 

Beth.. for sure they chat about foods a lot  Laughing 

Crybaby.. yes.. the whole container.. he was surprised and happy.. he said he'd bring home to share with his wife.. how sweet

Last edited by Imelda HL on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:The skies were blue, the temperature was in the high 60's...a perfect grilling day.  And, golly, but I can't remember the last time I made a full meal for my supper.

Grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, sauted zucchini & leeks, wilted lettuce salad and freshly baked egg bread.  Boy, am I STUFFED!

no wonder you were stuffed Beth.. that was a big and beautiful meal  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 3593629538 

yesterday supper was Lentils soup.. I heated them up and added a handful of baby spinach.. Dirk had second bowl.. I was hoping the soup would be enough for 2 servings, it turned out I was wrong.. a small bowl left, it wont we enough for supper meal.. but maybe good for appetizer or snack only
 Laughing 

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 47

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:

no wonder you were stuffed Beth.. that was a big and beautiful meal  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 3593629538 

yesterday supper was Lentils soup.. I heated them up and added a handful of baby spinach.. Dirk had second bowl.. I was hoping the soup would be enough for 2 servings, it turned out I was wrong.. a small bowl left, it wont we enough for supper meal.. but maybe good for appetizer or snack only
 Laughing 

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 47

12:45:35 Sure does look good Imelda!  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 3593629538 
We haven't made lentil soup in a long long time!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Sure does look good Imelda!  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 3593629538 
We haven't made lentil soup in a long long time![/color][/size]

thank you Jimmy... are you guys going to have a big party with that 7 lbs of chicken breast and 5 lbs of mashed potatoes?

I'm going to make mashed potatoes too.. I'm roasting a big chunk of chuck roast.. so mashed potatoes and spinach to go with it

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Sure does look good Imelda!  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 3593629538 
We haven't made lentil soup in a long long time![/color][/size]

thank you Jimmy... are you guys going to have a big party with that 7 lbs of chicken breast and 5 lbs of mashed potatoes?

I'm going to make mashed potatoes too.. I'm roasting a big chunk of chuck roast.. so mashed potatoes and spinach to go with it

No Party! It's just that the Son and DIL and GD were wishing for breaded fried chicken. SOOooo.....Mommy Tina said...Oooo Oooo Oooo...Come over on Sunday and we will have it!

Super bowl Sunday next Sunday... I am making a big batch of "City Chicken" and that will be with Mashed Potatoes, and Gravy. My son cannot eat potatoes without gravy.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, Jimmy, I had my last chili dog for my lunch yesterday. That chili sauce is SO, SO good. Thank you again for the recipe. I do have enough in the freezer to have 3 hot dog lunches and a good size bowl to take to Lyn's for Super Bowl Sunday (chili & hot dogs). I have to take an appetizer along so I think that's going to be the chicken breast wrapped in bacon and dredged in Italian Seasoning Dressing and brown sugar ~ that's always a hit with people. And it won't be too difficult because there is only going to be about 7 of us there.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Pork for a couple meals, chicken twice in a row....oh, what to have? That was my dilemma.

So, I strolled through the local Aldi store looking for inspiration. Ripe avacados - how can that be? Well, avocado goes on a taco nicely, so decision was made.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 012614

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Pork for a couple meals, chicken twice in a row....oh, what to have?  That was my dilemma.

So, I strolled through the local Aldi store looking for inspiration.  Ripe avacados - how can that be?  Well, avocado goes on a taco nicely, so decision was made.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 012614

20:51:19 Looks good. Now I want taco's!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Boy! Did we have Chicken!

This is what was left over after 7 of us ate. I even had two small pieces because they were fried crispy by me! I had two electric skillets going to fry all that chicken up fast! The platters were two Turkey oval platters full of the darn chicken. They took a lot home, and now there are two ziplock bags full. LOL
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 Tgux
January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 Hyby

Had mashed taters and gravy. and Brussels sprouts.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 Z03v

Then the dessert was the French vanilla cake. I ate two pieces.

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 Epqw

bethk

bethk
Admin

Geeze Louise! You be careful 'cause if you fall and can't get up you'll just end up rolling around on the floor all night from eating such a huge meal!

lol

But, wow, what a spread for everyone to enjoy. Now you have ME wanting cake. (I don't NEED cake, but I want cake....)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Geeze Louise!  You be careful 'cause if you fall and can't get up you'll just end up rolling around on the floor all night from eating such a huge meal!

lol

But, wow, what a spread for everyone to enjoy.  Now you have ME wanting cake.  (I don't NEED cake, but I want cake....)

If I fall, it will be from running away from the chicken!
Whew! Ill probably have a dream that the Big BBQ Chicken is after me!

I really didn't eat that much regular food, but I made a hog out of myself on that cake. Then Maria made cannoli filling with ricotta and cream cheese, with baby chocolate chips in it. I was dipping that with vanilla wafers and chocolate crackers. Wow! It was so good!

At least tomorrow will be quiet and peaceful. Tina and her Aunt and Uncle are going to visit the other Uncle in Mays Landing. She has a whole trunk full of frozen dinners and snacks and you name it for the next month.

Poor Tina! Meals on Wheels.... Pharmacy lady (she has to get his meds filled) and Tax Lady...( She has to go into town and pay his property taxes )
He is worried the sheriff is gonna evict him by the end of the month!

He has to pay in person to get the tax office to stamp the tax notice PAID To Date! .... Stubborn!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 994724_10201638757555456_1795925328_n

NYS,acorn squash..

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 300390_147291678688759_2494835_n

Pretty sure this is a boy chicken.. affraid January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 2855670339   January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 512660330 smoking today.. 67` so that maybe mean 70`. I just made chicken BUT Tuesday/Wednesday........SNOW..  affraid It can be made into all sorts of things.IF IF my power goes out. It really should not but in case I will have cold chicken smoked...I am staying IN>>>

Barbara101

Barbara101

visit the other Uncle in Mays Landing. She has a whole trunk full of frozen dinners and snacks and you name it for the next month.

Poor Tina! Meals on Wheels.... Pharmacy lady (she has to get his meds filled) and Tax Lady...( She has to go into town and pay his property taxes )
He is worried the sheriff is gonna evict him by the end of the month!

He has to pay in person to get the tax office to stamp the tax notice PAID To Date! .... Stubborn!!

does he get out? Have folks who look in on him? I tell ya, I had to move from CA to take of my Mom,she darn near burned the house down 4 times.....

My DS just moved to DEL.have no idea why he did that..????? He sent pics of his house he bought .......SNOW hahahhaa..That house is HUGE.His heating bill will make him  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 12 652761166 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum