Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ???

+5
NormM
Barbara101
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 18]

276JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Boy, Norm, you still have me wanting country ribs! Why is it pork is on sale so much in the summer....could be because it pairs so well with things like corn on the cob and garden tomatoes.....

Jimmy - your sausages always look ready to stick a fork in and then just take a bite....no knife needed for the first one, anyway.

Thanks Beth

I have 1 and 1/2 left. I have some ricotta and cheese and meat filling left from yesterdays manicotti, so tomorrow I will make a eggplant casserole with all that leftovers. We buy that Michael Angelo Breaded eggplant from Sams Club. Might add some mushrooms to it also. Just enough for Tina and me,
Uncle came home today from hospital, and Tina took her aunt to the Dr for hearing problem at 2 today...so she will be coming home tomorrow.

Ahemmm... I better dirty up the place a bit. Just so it looks disheveled a bit.
I wouldn't want Tina to think it's too easy for me to keep a straightened out house. hahahahahahaha........

(( Can't wait for a response on this! ))

277JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:14 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, you better drop your socks (inside out) and shorts.....oh, yeah, she's been gone a week, make sure there's only ONE pair of dirty shorts laying on the floor...no sense in letting her think you showered or changed clothes.  And spread a little Crisco on the pillowcases so, for sure, she'll know your greasy hair ruined the sheets.....

Been nice know in' you.....

Hahahahahahaha ha

278JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:14 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Yeah, you better drop your socks (inside out) and shorts.....oh, yeah, she's been gone a week, make sure there's only ONE pair of dirty shorts laying on the floor...no sense in letting her think you showered or changed clothes.  And spread a little Crisco on the pillowcases so, for sure, she'll know your greasy hair ruined the sheets.....

Been nice know in' you.....

Hahahahahahaha ha

Oh Gosh, that is so ffffunny!

The Greasy Pillows are Tina's Favorite Pet Peeve.
She washes the sheets and pillow cases once a week, and I scream,
Where are my sheets and pillow case?? " I just got it broken in and nice and soft!!!!" .... I wash my hair / head every night, so I have no clue how in the world the pillow could get greasy! Ooops, wait!! Maybe from my greasy lips eating my snacks in bed?? She may be right with respect to that. hahahaha

BTW... when I wash MY clothes, I wash them inside out . That's the part that touches the body. Ha Ha .... I button the pants and zip it. I button my shirts and turn them inside out.
The pants then get turned right side out, and I wash them again.
Tina says I will wear the clothes from washing them; faster than wearing them out.

Underwear, I rinse in hot water after the wash is done, and I add 1/2 a cup of
Methanol or denatured alcohol; diluted in water so it kills the mites. We all have mites. It comes from dead skin dust / flakes. Soap does not always kill them, and that is why I use the alcohol rinse.
It really refreshes the clothes.

OK... I'll take off my apron now!

BTW... I learned all that from a chemist that worked for Proctor and Gamble.

279JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane said he wants to go out to eat tonight. Gosh, I wonder if he's getting tired of my cooking? Maybe he doesn't like it anymore....nah, I think he's just trying to give me a break from the kitchen. He knows how stir-crazy I get being in the house full time without a car at my disposal. And I have to say, it's been a real adjustment not to be able to come and go at whim...and only grocery shopping once a week ??? Well, what can I say? I normally would go to one store or another every day of the week just to see what was fresh or on sale or just to take the time to check out condiments for new products. I didn't buy many but love to go to the farm market, Asian market or Italian market just to look at the variety. Some people go to the movie theatre or library....I like to look at food. It's my entertainment.

280JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:30 pm

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

Hi, all! It's been a while. JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Waving_smiley_zpsc81a1019

Last night, I got a hankering to make a dinner that I thought I'd put together in a flash ... but it took me over two hours ... JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 1sm067rollbut once I was committed, I wanted to see it through ... that ever happen to you? Smile

Halfway through, (what with me being diabetic and needing to eat RIGHT NOW and all,) I realized what I was preparing wasn't going to be this night's dinner. I was too far from eating time. So, I wound up microwaving some leftovers which I ate standing up while my casserole (what will now be TONIGHT'S dinner,) was in the oven, and I was washing the dishes, and cleaning up my prep mess. Smile

The good news is, my dinner will be all prepared when I get home tonight, just reheat, and we're good to go! JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 High5 Gotta love that!

281JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

muzicgirl wrote:

Last night, I got a hankering to make a dinner that I thought I'd put together in a flash ... but it took me over two hours ... JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 1sm067rollbut once I was committed, I wanted to see it through ... that ever happen to you?  Smile

Halfway through, (what with me being diabetic and needing to eat RIGHT NOW and all,) I realized what I was preparing wasn't going to be this night's dinner. I was too far from eating time.  So, I wound up microwaving some leftovers which I ate standing up while my
casserole (what will now be TONIGHT'S dinner,) was in the oven, and I was washing the dishes, and cleaning up my prep mess.  Smile

The good news is, my dinner will be all prepared when I get home tonight, just reheat, and we're good to go!   JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 High5 Gotta love that!

Oh, gosh, no...my meals come off quickly and are ALWAYS picture perfect and delicious.....

Hahahahahahahaha! Yeah, right ! Sometimes I start supper at 10 in the morning and am lucky if I finish before the sun goes down. But I figure as long as no one sees me then I don't have to admit to anything, kind of like when something drops on the floor...the 5 second rule. Well, at the villa in Florida and NOT here in the house that is blessed with animal hair everyplace I look.

I hope you post some pics of your supper tonight. We all love to drool on our screens!

282JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:54 pm

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

bethk wrote:

Oh, gosh, no...my meals come off quickly and are ALWAYS picture perfect and delicious.....

Hahahahahahahaha!  Yeah, right !  Sometimes I start supper at 10 in the morning and am lucky if I finish before the sun goes down.  But I figure as long as no one sees me then I don't have to admit to anything, kind of like when something drops on the floor...the 5 second rule.  Well, at the villa in Florida and NOT here in the house that is blessed with animal hair everyplace I look.

I hope you post some pics of your supper tonight.  We all love to drool on our screens!

I'll take pics of my dinner if you'll tell us where you get to go out to eat, and what you have!! Hope it's delicious! Nice hubby! Smile

283JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't care where we go as long as they have vodka.....lol!

You have to understand....our daughter and grandson are sharing the house with us right now, she will lease it from us when we retire to our villa in The Villages, FL. She comes complete with a goofy Labrador and two cats....and all three of them are constantly shedding. Dane and I have not had any animals in the house for over 15 or 20 years, practically the same time our children finally moved away from home. It's driving me nuts. It must be old age, but animal hair on the carpet and the wood floors and the vinyl in the kitchen....well, let's just say it has taken all the self-control I can muster not to go buy a clippers and go at it with all three of them.

284JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:11 pm

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

bethk wrote:I don't care where we go as long as they have vodka.....lol!

You have to understand....our daughter and grandson are sharing the house with us right now, she will lease it from us when we retire to our villa in The Villages, FL.  She comes complete with a goofy Labrador and two cats....and all three of them are constantly shedding.  Dane and I have not had any animals in the house for over 15 or 20 years, practically the same time our children finally moved away from home.  It's driving me nuts.  It must be old age, but animal hair on the carpet and the wood floors and the vinyl in the kitchen....well, let's just say it has taken all the self-control I can muster not to go buy a clippers and go at it with all three of them.

Hmmm, I only have one cat - BUT - this past Feb, my 28 year old daughter moved back home with her baby (soon to be 1 year old) and hubby. We have a very very small house. It's been interesting. Smile

285JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

pet hair is a condiment at my house Razz 

I piss & moan about it all the time but I would never give up one of my girls becuz of it.The Cat either.

heck I can walk from the kitchen to my office & have a hair floating in my coffee. geek does not bother me, I just pick it out geek 

When I could use the garden rake to sweep, I get out the vac.geek 

286JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The difference is....they are YOURS. It's your choice.

Robin's goofy lab and the two stinky cats are not ours. We got so use to not having animals around it has been hard to get use to. Plus, Robin figures if I vacuum every day then she shouldn't have to...oh, there I go being a bi##hy mom. But to say I cannot wait for this auction to be over with and September when Jake is back in school and I get to go back to my quiet and clean villa....well, you know what I mean.

287JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I just threw a eggplant casserole together.

Baked on the grill 1 hour 20 minutes.
Tina is home now, and she loved it. Good!

It was only a 8 inch pyrex just enough.
I ate three huge wedges... Oink!

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Fz1t

288JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 954324_10200402820819338_451225296_n

NY strip with grilled shrimp.. surf & turf Razz 

BTW I moped up the juice, I no like.

289JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:46 pm

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:I just threw a eggplant casserole together.

Baked on the grill 1 hour 20 minutes.
Tina is home now, and she loved it. Good!

It was only a 8 inch pyrex just enough.
I ate three huge wedges... Oink!

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Fz1t

looks good, Jimmy! What a sweet hubby you are!! Smile

290JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, Barb, we should have come to YOUR house!

We ended up at TGIFridays, only because I just got an emailed coupon for one free entree with the purchase of an entree and 2 beverages. We each had a cocktail and they made an error and dropped an appetizer at our table by mistake...oh well, as long as it was there we might as well eat it! LOL

Dane had a sirloin with large grilled shrimp and I decided on a smaller sirloin with a langoustine & mushroom topping. If the steak had been med-rare instead of medium it would have been just what I wanted....but I was hungry enough to not want to send it back. Dane had ordered HIS steak medium and it came a perfect med-rare....aaaarrrrgghhh, the kitchen or waitress just confused the two orders. As Dane was finishing up his steak he looked at me and said, "I ought to order my steak like THIS more often....it's really tender and juicy." Oh well, my meal was free so I wasn't going to complain. It was good but not as juicy as I prefer. The langoustine were surprisingly plentiful and not overcooked, quite tasty.

When we go out to eat we usually try to sit in the lounge area and leave the dining room for families...have I mentioned how much I like children?? Hahahahaha! So we had an enjoyable, fairly inexpensive dinner out...and I was happy not to cook for a night.

291JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

sounds good.. I am getting pretty good at knowing when the steak is done like I like it.I touch it with my finger lol

The kid thing,,, I will not sit by kids period..No 

292JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:12 pm

NormM

NormM

My car wouldn't start this morning so it's in the shop for the weekend. Charlie ordered some pizzas. Cassie is at (open air) Starlight Theater seeing a live performance of Little Mermaid with a little girl and her mom for the little girl's birthday. Cassie has been working all day on a cake for her party tomorrow.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

293JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, when you use that frozen breaded eggplant is it prebrowned or do you have to brown the slices before assembling? Since I'm the only one who will eat eggplant I usually just pick up a couple or three of those skinny Japanese ones - I like the skins not as tough as the big purple ones...and virtually no seeds to speak of. Last time I made it I was really lazy....I put some slices in the dish, seasoned with s&p, sprinkled on some panko, slices of the "fresh" mozzarella and a few spoonful of homemade marinara...repeated a couple times. The sprinkling of the panko was just enough without going to any trouble at all.

I like to think I'm not a lazy cook but rather an inventive one....hahahahahahaha!

294JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Beth that is how I make it. I don't pre cook it.

295JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:23 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:sounds good.. I am getting pretty good at knowing when the steak is done like I like it.I touch it with my finger lol

The kid thing,,, I will not sit by kids period..No 

I'm getting better at the "touch" method, especially with thicker steaks. Of course, I don't think I've ever ha one I thought was too rare. But most of the time I use my thermapen thermometer....love it. Oh, and I ALWAYS use it with poultry. I want my chicken done-done!

Norm, I'm sorry about your car. Nothing irritates me more than breakdowns. Even if I have no place I have to go, being without a car is just irritating. But, hey, get Charlie a hat and ask him to drive you around town....be sure to sit in the backseat and pay no mind if he calls you "Miss Daisy".

296JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Beth that is how I make it. I don't pre cook it.

Don't you think the skinny Japanese ones are sweeter and better tasting? I'm not a fan of the big ones, especially when I get one that is wall to wall seeds....

297JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, when you use that frozen breaded eggplant is it prebrowned or do you have to brown the slices before assembling?  Since I'm the only one who will eat eggplant I usually just pick up a couple or three of those skinny Japanese ones - I like the skins not as tough as the big purple ones...and virtually no seeds to speak of.  Last time I made it I was really lazy....I put some slices in the dish, seasoned with s&p, sprinkled on some panko, slices of the "fresh" mozzarella and a few spoonful of homemade marinara...repeated a couple times.  The sprinkling of the panko was just enough without going to any trouble at all.

I like to think I'm not a lazy cook but rather an inventive one....hahahahahahaha!

Pardon me for yawning....I took a nap. I DID Cut the greens and whatever looks like grass and weed whack the weeds today! Front AND Back! hahahahahaha.
Had to make it look like I did a lotta work when Tina came home for the weekend.

No...They are already breaded and fried and frozen. Just assembled them.
Sams Club carries them here. MichaelAngelo Brand. Their stuffed shells are good too!!

298JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:55 pm

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

okay, what I made for dinner tonight was Chickpea Pot Pie with a Buttermilk Cornbread Crust ...

I couldn't find all my ramekins when I was getting ready to bake it, so I made it in a 9 x 13 pyrex instead, and because of that, I think the ratio of crust to pie filling was undesirable - too much crust. Other than that, it was really good. Smile

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 IMG_0629_zpse5ec9772

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 IMG_0632_zpsf7de0bc6

299JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:57 pm

muzicgirl

muzicgirl

sorry about your car, Norm, no fun Sad

Jimmy, I like the Michelangelo brand, too. I eat their frozen manicotti or lasagne occasionally ...

300JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 12 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gee, Barb, we should have come to YOUR house!

We ended up at TGIFridays, only because I just got an emailed coupon for one free entree with the purchase of an entree and 2 beverages.  We each had a cocktail and they made an error and dropped an appetizer at our table by mistake...oh well, as long as it was there we might as well eat it!  LOL

Dane had a sirloin with large grilled shrimp and I decided on a smaller sirloin with a langoustine & mushroom topping.  If the steak had been med-rare instead of medium it would have been just what I wanted....but I was hungry enough to not want to send it back.  Dane had ordered HIS steak medium and it came a perfect med-rare....aaaarrrrgghhh, the kitchen or waitress just confused the two orders.  As Dane was finishing up his steak he looked at me and said, "I ought to order my steak like THIS more often....it's really tender and juicy."  Oh well, my meal was free so I wasn't going to complain.  It was good but not as juicy as I prefer.  The langoustine were surprisingly plentiful and not overcooked, quite tasty.

When we go out to eat we usually try to sit in the lounge area and leave the dining room for families...have I mentioned how much I like children??  Hahahahaha!  So we had an enjoyable, fairly inexpensive dinner out...and I was happy not to cook for a night.

I love sitting near the kiddies. I first make eye contact, and give a clown smile (Of coarse only while mom and or dad is not looking)
Then I will eat my potatoes with my knife (butter knife). Or.... Throw my food up and catch it. All whilst Mom and Dad is not looking....
Then when the kid plays Monkey See; Monkey Do...That's wen I sit back and watch the fun. hahahahahahah

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum