Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is for Dinner this JULY.

+6
jetfan27
Imelda HL
cookingirl
bethk
NormM
Barbara101
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I took out 2 big huge pork chops.Stuffing is calling for one.Oh heck maybe both. scratch 

2What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:44 pm

NormM

NormM

Cassies recently found brother from New York came for a visit and we had ribeye steaks on the grill along with corn he had had before and specifically asked for: Grilled, cut off the cob and creamed with salt, cream, honey and butter, grilled bok choy, and twice baked potatoes. Also store bought buns, and a vanilla custard/mixed fruit pie. I didn't have time to take any pictures.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:09 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds like a menu worth the trip from New York. YUM

4What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:13 pm

NormM

NormM

I thought about getting Kansas City Strips but was afraid he'd mistake them for New York Strips. Didn't want to have any misunderstandings.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

LOL

((We've been here before, haven't we?))

6What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:22 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

delivery pizza tonight!!!

I am lazy....spent the afternoon visiting a friend in Mass General Hospital.....

and having a glass (or 2) of wine along with the mushroom pizza....

Too hot to cook, even with AC

7What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

today on the menu will be Chinese.. braise tofu and chop suey with rice

8What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw the hard cooked eggs in the refrigerator and they made me think of potato salad. Then, what to have with it??? Spiral sliced Nathan's Knockwurst (fat hot dogs) and grilled corn sounded good to me:

What is for Dinner this JULY. 070114

I love the way the cut edges get all caramelized and crispy when cut this way.

9What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:52 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Black beans and rice. Don't stand behind me!!

10What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

What is for Dinner this JULY. Wc2k

Yep!.... Nice warming hot CHILI ...for me. Nice and cool in the house, so it hit the spot.
Tina feels sick today so I will make her an omelet later.

Uncle Gabe gets a TV dinner which he likes. Tina takes out the potatoes, and replaces with sweet yams. He's a diabetic.

11What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I saw the hard cooked eggs in the refrigerator and they made me think of potato salad.  Then, what to have with it???  Spiral sliced Nathan's Knockwurst (fat hot dogs) and grilled corn sounded good to me:

What is for Dinner this JULY. 070114

I love the way the cut edges get all caramelized and crispy when cut this way.

Neat screwy dogs / brats..... They are super good with crispy edges.

12What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. StuffedPorkChops-13

stuffed pork chop.

Mushroom pizza with wine sounds great.Chile does too. Hot dogs,just had some ,I bought skinless sabratts & no like them
All the fresh veggie out now makes me want to make Minestrone..

13What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

That looks delicious!!

14What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

What is for Dinner this JULY. 19ab80a80dcdd235ad2570bbdb5b219f

I could have & should have eaten my other stuffed chop but I had a large hunk of brie, I thought about using it stuff chicken breast but it seems I do not have any.So I melted it & mixed it with pasta ,tomato & basil.added garlic OO too.  What is for Dinner this JULY. 3593629538   What is for Dinner this JULY. 1223290054 

15What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:What is for Dinner this JULY. 19ab80a80dcdd235ad2570bbdb5b219f

I could have & should have eaten my other stuffed chop but I had a large hunk of brie, I thought about using it stuff chicken breast but it seems I do not have any.So I melted it & mixed it with pasta ,tomato & basil.added garlic OO too.  What is for Dinner this JULY. 3593629538    What is for Dinner this JULY. 1223290054 

Barb... you should tag that your signature dish of spaghetti.

Gee... that looks great. Good Job Kid!!

16What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina gets meatloaf that she was wishing for... It's in the toaster oven baking.

The Uncle gets salmon with wine butter sauce; mixed well cooked frozen veggies, and sweet potato tater tots....

Jimmy Boy wants two Hot Dogs. They are Sabbrets but the skinless ones. ( Like the natural casings, but Tina got the wrong ones )... xxit!

Strawberries in those tart cup cakes with whipped cream for dessert.

17What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

call it to lazy to fix anything else lol

18What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

cherries on sale  What is for Dinner this JULY. 3267860543 What is for Dinner this JULY. 3267860543 I see cherry pie coming on.. What is for Dinner this JULY. 3267860543 

19What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have to use up some things before they go bad so I am making chicken taco salad for dinner.

I was in the grocery store today and saw that Lay's potato chips has come out with a new flavor: chicken and waffles. I don't know about that......

20What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I didn't make the hot dogs for me. The suckers were buried under 20 lbs of frozen xxit, and I was in No Mood to pick up an avalanche. Bad enough I couldn't find the mayo for 4 minutes, but then I did. It was moved back on to the shelf on the door where it belongs. Huh!

I made a ham / cheese / and lettuce with mayo on a thin bagel. Thomas' came out with a thin soft bagel. Not filling, but they do cut the carbs in half.
I had a beer with it hoping that would blow me up and imitate fullness.
hahaha, all it did was make me more hungry.
I have a Dr. appt tomorrow at 12 noon; so I will blow the diet after I get checked out.
It's like weigh in at the "Fat Camp!"

21What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:I have a Dr. appt tomorrow at 12 noon; so I will blow the diet after I get checked out. It's like weigh in at the "Fat Camp!"

I hadn't realized you'd been dieting, Jimmy. Have you lost some weight?  cheers 

22What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:I have a Dr. appt tomorrow at 12 noon; so I will blow the diet after I get checked out.  It's like weigh in at the "Fat Camp!"

I hadn't realized you'd been dieting, Jimmy.  Have you lost some weight?  cheers 

I don't know. Hold on, let me go check. Gotta dust off the scale first.
I was 250.6 lbs. and now (drum roll please.... ) 237.5 lbs.
That was in one month. Nothing special. Just cut in half what I normally eat.

Instead of 3 hot dogs and rolls... 2
Instead of 8 slices of pizza..........4
Instead of 8 candy bars ( snickers)... 3
Instead of 3 eggs and bacon 6 slices with 4 slices of bread toasted with 1/2 a stick of butter on the toast.
1 egg with 3 strips of bacon on a bagel lightly buttered only on the top piece.

23What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Have no clue for tonights supper.

I would prefer spaghetti of some sorts, or maybe some lasagna.

Had my Check-up at the Dr's today. Not too bad, but increasing the BP meds to the next step.

Waiting for a storm to come in from PA...said due here by 2:00 PM.

Tina is out at the store, and just said she was on way home. 10 minutes...That's good.

24What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

BP meds can take a bit of fiddlin' to get them right.

25What is for Dinner this JULY. Empty Re: What is for Dinner this JULY. Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:BP meds can take a bit of fiddlin' to get them right.

Yeah; although I have never in the last 16 years been with a normal reading i.e. 120/80 ./ it's always been 140's / 80-90.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum