Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Imelda HL
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

1JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

A new day in July, I cooked this again, Linguine with Poland Sausage and green/red bellpeppers

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  20_zps7s3lv88x

2JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, but I love a big plate of NOODLES!  That looks mighty tasty, Imelda.

I grilled a couple burger patties and since I wanted potato 'crowns', I left off the buns ~ not exactly an even exchange, but better than having both.  I switched out lima beans for edamame in some succotash.  You would have thought I drove a wooden stake through Mr. Amazing's chest (he's been watching Dracula movies all afternoon so that's where that analogy came from ~ LOL).  He told me at least three times that he LIKES lima beans and DOES NOT LIKE edamame.  ((sigh))  Too bad.  Eat it or leave it, makes no difference to me.  He must have been hungry because he ended up having a second helping.....Hahahahahaha!

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  IMG_20160701_172331929_HDR

3JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  13516602_10207672797712145_3400043620456494645_n

4JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

had some leftover roast.. and then this  JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  3267860543 BOGO...

Oh the good news is a Krispy Cream going in about 3 minutes from my house..

The bad news is a Krispy Cream going in 3minutes from my house. JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  652761166

5JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:had some leftover roast.. and then this  JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  3267860543 BOGO...

Oh the good news is a Krispy Cream going in about 3 minutes from my house..

The bad news is a Krispy Cream going in 3minutes from my house. JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  652761166

Oh Boy! KK near home. 3 Miles a day, for your daily KK. JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  940422454
Happy Dance. I walked 2.5 miles a day to school, and just about every day, I stopped at the KK bakery, and grabbed 2 glazed and a small coffee. Had that as I walked the last two blocks to the school. JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  2876911673 2 doughnuts plus a small coffee was like 52 cents in 1959.

6JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:56 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, but I love a big plate of NOODLES!  That looks mighty tasty, Imelda.

I grilled a couple burger patties and since I wanted potato 'crowns', I left off the buns ~ not exactly an even exchange, but better than having both.  I switched out lima beans for edamame in some succotash.  You would have thought I drove a wooden stake through Mr. Amazing's chest (he's been watching Dracula movies all afternoon so that's where that analogy came from ~ LOL).  He told me at least three times that he LIKES lima beans and DOES NOT LIKE edamame.  ((sigh))  Too bad.  Eat it or leave it, makes no difference to me.  He must have been hungry because he ended up having a second helping.....Hahahahahaha!

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  IMG_20160701_172331929_HDR

Oh the onions on top...so good looking.

7JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:A new day in July, I cooked this again, Linguine with Poland Sausage and green/red bellpeppers

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  20_zps7s3lv88x

I could taste it, it looks so good....

8JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:09 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Some pics.... Tina made doughnuts with her Sunbeam cake doughnut maker.

The doughnuts are little, but we eat them like candy.
Tina likes granulated sugar on them. I like them plain...

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  GptB5X

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  UH3ls4

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  6tVbgj

9JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

If given the choice to choose between the noodles and sauce and the whole plate of donuts, I'd pick the noodles for sure! But that donut maker is cute as it can be! I'd probably be shakin' those cuties in a bag of powdered sugar (outside for the shaking so I didn't end up with sugar all over the kitchen).

I just finished a little lemon scone with my first cup of coffee.

10JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:17 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Hummm lemon scones. I have to make some soon.

Ha Jimmy, I will go or stop by to get coffee.

11JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:58 pm

NormM

NormM

After we closed our restaurant in Junction City, a lady hired our cook who was trained by my mother in law and opened a restaurant that is still there today. One recipe that she added that we didn't have was one for sticky and crispy chicken wings. Charlie loves that and has one of his own that is close but it's very long and complicated. A friend posted a recipe that looks close but is baked instead of fried and the sauce is a lot easier. We tried it today and it is a close second to Charlies, but it is so much easier that I will probably make a regular.

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  DSCN3606_zpsgx5do0rz

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

12JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  13516547_10201736487651871_183101501472157434_n

Roast chicken soup and noodles..

13JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:28 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Goodness, Norm, but those wings look fabulous.....I sure wish the price would go down on the silly things. It kills me to pay over $3/lb. for bones ~ although, when I'm just buyin' for the two of us I somehow say it's OK.

Barb, your soup looks great....almost like a chicken noodle stew. I'm a big fan of thick soups (like when the homemade noodles thicken the broth and you can eat it with a fork) but Dane's a 'SOUP' lover. He wants lots of stock and meat and just a few noodles.

We went to Palatka for his sister's early 4th of July cookout. I ended up making the peach crisp ~ turned out OK but it would have been a lot better if I had taken ice cream to scoop with it. But, ice cream always makes such a mess when you're doing a pot luck meal and the people come in at different times. It was just about gone before we left so I'd say no one really minded the lack of ice cream.

I also made a small dish for our neighbors. Tommy & JoAnn love their sweets but she hates cooking anymore. She'll make some meals but just doesn't want to start up the oven. But, hey, she's almost 82 years old ~ she's entitled to say, "Whoa, I don't wanna do this any more!"

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  IMG_20160702_093734206

14JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:13 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe and Katie are at the beach. I stayed home and went to 3 grocery stores to get what I needed. Came home and took a nap. I made this recipe that has a chocolate chip cookie base. a caramel layer then another chocolate layer. Talk about ooey gooey. Kinda good though. I am chomping on a chunk while watching a vintage 1970 concert on PBS with the Rolling Stones. Mick looks so young. I would like to have seen them again before I leave this earth but the concert they are having with Bob Dillon out in Indio is only for the rich. Tickets started at $600. I am sure I would pass out from the heat anyway. I am too old for outdoor concerts in the desert in October. Robert plant is going to be out here in October in L.A. but the tickets start at $200 and are too rich for my blood.

15JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:31 pm

NormM

NormM

The wings were good. There weren't any leftovers.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

16JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Everyones meals look / sound wonderful.

It was cool here today, like a high of 66. Breezy.
Tina said, "this is a Beef Barley soup day!" .... and so it was. She made a big pot.

Had delicious Strawberry rhubarb pie from Donaldsons Farm stand up the street a bit.
I ate two slices.

17JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:44 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Joe thought the chocolate chip/caramel bars were swill. He can't stand gooey. Katie doesn't like dark chocolate so she picked the caramel out of the middle. I can see this one going into the trash.

18JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:45 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

NormM wrote:The wings were good. There weren't any leftovers.

sounds like wings here......there COULD be leftovers if we didn't say, "oh, just ONE MORE"! LOL

19JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  13599892_10206750946272081_7376472491688978856_n

yup grilled the shrimp already.95% humidity and it is NOT raining.. JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  1309145179 JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  512660330

20JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

lookin' good, Barb! How do you keep yourself from eating the shrimp BEFORE you get your recipe/meal made????? LOL

21JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Put them in the fridge with a padlock on it lol

22JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:04 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks so good Barb....plus + + + I just got inspired to do up some shrimp kabobs tomorrow or maybe today... thanks!

23JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Peppers4

grilled a bunch of sweet peppers and chicken boneless breasts.fresh buffalo mozz.basil, balsamic splash.   ..

24JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:40 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ah HA !!!

I just KNEW you'd eat those shrimps for your breakfast!

But, hey, nice lookin' chicken breasts. Love the melt on the buffalo mozzarella and that glaze! YUM

25JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Empty Re: JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:JULY... ON OUR DINNER MENU  Peppers4

grilled a bunch of sweet peppers and chicken boneless breasts.fresh buffalo mozz.basil, balsamic splash.   ..

So fresh looking Barb. Mootz is delicious looking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum