Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ???

+5
NormM
Barbara101
Imelda HL
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 18]

426JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes mozz & chedder. sausage.Razz I even tossed in a dab of herb cheese.I tossed all that together then filled the peppers.stove top .Not in the oven.

427JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:yes mozz & chedder. sausage.Razz I even tossed in a dab of herb cheese.I tossed all that together then filled the peppers.stove top .Not in the oven.

Looks great Barb! haha.... 100% better than what I had tonight.
Taco bell ding dong ding dong taco's. No Pics! They were gone to tummyville in 2 minutes.

428JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yes, Jimmy....they ARE small.....lol

Dane just called to say he was done with golf. I told him to stop at KFC and get some wings, a favorite of his....he can have the last of the leftover potato salad. That should be just fine for him. I'll probably drive him to work tomorrow so I can have the car to go searching for the refrigerator parts.

429JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Yes, Jimmy....they ARE small.....lol

Dane just called to say he was done with golf.  I told him to stop at KFC and get some wings, a favorite of his....he can have the last of the leftover potato salad.  That should be just fine for him.  I'll probably drive him to work tomorrow so I can have the car to go searching for the refrigerator parts.

Wow! You're A Movenist Mommy Just like Tina! She will ride all over tracking a part for something.
You are very lucky to have parts places there to supply to the public. (Retail).

430JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

when I first got my explorer,I backed in the carport & smashed the rear light cover,on one of the poles. lol.I asked at the dealer for a replace part.$255. yikes.
I looked on ebay $5. cheers

431JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm

NormM

NormM

Tomorrow is Charlie's birthday but Cassie has today off so she made a dinner for him today.  She tried some recipes from a new Southern Living cookbook she just got.  I tried one too.  She made a pork loin roast with grits, an arugula salad and a pineapple upside down birthday cake- Charlie's favorite.  I made a recipe from the new cookbook too. It was ham and cheese layered between biscuit dough in a loaf pan.  I picked up some green beans, peaches and tomatoes from the Farmer's Market and we had those too.

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0645_zpsf7cdfd19

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0649_zps8187f022

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0651_zpsa8715692

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0652_zpse71d1fde

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

432JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Birthday to Charlie!

Great meal, doesn't look like anyone is going to be hungry for a bedtime snack. The cake looks great. She even put in the marchino cherries...a classic for sure. Was that one of those trick candles that relights when blown out?

You guys did a great job

433JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie thought it was going to be a trick candle but it was just one that burned a different color.

434JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:when I first got my explorer,I backed in the carport & smashed the rear light cover,on one of the poles. lol.I asked at the dealer for a replace part.$255. yikes.

I really don't like looking for car parts. No matter what part I need, and Dane spells it out completely, they always ask some stupid question, like, "ah, how many cubic inches in the manifold?" WTH? Who cares about that? Just tell me if you have the part I inquired about! I swear, they stay awake at night just thinking of what questions they can ask to make me feel stupid.

Same as our dentist asked about Dane's 1965 SS - is it a big block or small? I said, "it's red". Geesh....so then I said, "it's a 283". Mr. dentist was impressed I knew that. (I think it has something to do with the size of the engine) actually, it's not so amazing I knew that. It's one of the pieces of fancy chrome on the fender....so I just repeated what I read....283. LOL

435JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:when I first got my explorer,I backed in the carport & smashed the rear light cover,on one of the poles. lol.I asked at the dealer for a replace part.$255. yikes.

I really don't like looking for car parts.  No matter what part I need, and Dane spells it out completely, they always ask some stupid question, like, "ah, how many cubic inches in the manifold?"  WTH?  Who cares about that? Just tell me if you have the part I inquired about!  I swear, they stay awake at night just thinking of what questions they can ask to make me feel stupid.

Same as our dentist asked about Dane's 1965 SS - is it a big block or small?  I said, "it's red".  Geesh....so then I said, "it's a 283".  Mr. dentist was impressed I knew that.  (I think it has something to do with the size of the engine)  actually, it's not so amazing I knew that.  It's one of the pieces of fancy chrome on the fender....so I just repeated what I read....283.  LOL

Yeah! I get a kick out of the guy behind the counter with answers and questions with a closed mumble mouth, and with roll back eye's.
Like he is Gods Gift that made him The Mechanic Dude.
I had to order a emissions part, and he said,"What for?...They never leak...and the rolled back eye's to his buddies and a hahaha!
Well I said...It leaks. He said, "I'll order it here in 2 days, but no returns because it is special order!" I said, OK Order It.
I get the part, and changed it out, and cleaned the old part WITH a hole in the tube that he said they never leak>
Next day, I go back to the auto supply, and happily he was there!
He recognized me because I held the part! ( He didn't have a clue it was the old one)
He said,"Hey, Don't even think you are going to return the part!!"
All huffy and cocky like! I said," No, No, I am not asking you to return it!"
I just want to show YOU and YOUR Wise Mouth, The leak where the hole is right here.!" Roll Your Eyes Back NOW! Naturally there were a few more words.
See how right away some guys jump down the customers throat! LOL

436JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:51 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Tomorrow is Charlie's birthday but Cassie has today off so she made a dinner for him today.  She tried some recipes from a new Southern Living cookbook she just got.  I tried one too.  She made a pork loin roast with grits, an arugula salad and a pineapple upside down birthday cake- Charlie's favorite.  I made a recipe from the new cookbook too. It was ham and cheese layered between biscuit dough in a loaf pan.  I picked up some green beans, peaches and tomatoes from the Farmer's Market and we had those too.

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0645_zpsf7cdfd19

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0649_zps8187f022

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0651_zpsa8715692

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN0652_zpse71d1fde

Tell Charlie Happy Birthday From Jimmy & Tina in New Jersey! God Bless Him!

437JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I think ALL crab is cooked and frozen, except the Maryland blue crabs - and going to a REAL crab boil in Maryland is on my bucket list of meals to enjoy.

Not in New Orleans, Beth. We get fresh crabmeat all the time, though this years is not a great year for crabs. Too few so the price is higher when you can get it. I think most of it goes to restaurants when it's in short supply.

438JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:03 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

We will have to discuss that sometime, Crybaby. I love crabmeat and would love to experience more. I just don't know what parts to eat or not eat and I don't know the easiest/fastest way to get the meat. That's why it's on my bucket list to go to a REAL Maryland crab boil and be instructed by those in the know.

Dane would rather eat a burger than "fight" for his food (his words). When we drive down the Eastern coastline I order crab this and crab that...he, not so much.

439JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Norm.. my Happy Birthday wish to Charlie..

and for the bread, did you use the regular biscuit dough? I want to try it sometime too..

440JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm

NormM

NormM

I used a recipe from Cassie's new cookbook but the biscuit dough looked pretty normal. It used 3 1/2 cups self-rising flour, 1 stick of butter and a cup of buttermilk if I recall correctly. I don't have the recipe handy. As I remember, It was rolled into 4 rectangles with cheddar and country ham between the first, second and third layers and topped with the last piece of dough and basted with butter then cooked @ 400º for 35-40 minutes.

441JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:

today my DH wants some braunschweiger sandwich, so I searched for my own meal in my freezer.. I took down a small bag of cooked meat for thawing ( no idea what Question , I did not put a note on the bag) so we'll see what my dinner meal is  lol! 

Your meal is commonly referred to as "Mystery Meat" or " Kitchen surprise!"JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 2876911673 

here is my DH sandwich

JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 DSCN7664

as for mine... it was 2 small pieces of my pot roast, just perfect for my dinner meal with a bit of leftover red rice Laughing

442JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? - Page 18 Empty Re: JULY, 2013 - what's for dinner ??? Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:41 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Yeah! I get a kick out of the guy behind the counter with answers and questions with a closed mumble mouth, and with roll back eye's.
Like he is Gods Gift that made him The Mechanic Dude.
I had to order a emissions part, and he said,"What for?...They never leak...and the rolled back eye's to his buddies and a hahaha!
Well I said...It leaks. He said, "I'll order it here in 2 days, but no returns because it is special order!" I said, OK Order It.
I get the part, and changed it out, and cleaned the old part WITH a hole in the tube that he said they never leak>
Next day, I go back to the auto supply, and happily he was there!
He recognized me because I held the part! ( He didn't have a clue it was the old one)
He said,"Hey, Don't even think you are going to return the part!!"
All huffy and cocky like! I said," No, No, I am not asking you to return it!"
I just want to show YOU and YOUR Wise Mouth, The leak where the hole is right here.!" Roll Your Eyes Back NOW! Naturally there were a few more words.
See how right away some guys jump down the customers throat! LOL

Oooh, Jimmy, I wish I'd been standing right there so I could've laughed out loud. You should see the stuff they try to pull on women -- they always assume we're all idiots. I usually tick them off right away when I take the car into the dealer for something and I tell them I want the used part returned. I always imagine them scrounging around for one and not changing the one in my car!

Sorry for being OT but I couldn't keep my trap shut!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum