Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Whats for Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch for July 2017?"

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a Mcdonalds Big breakfast. I ate eggs and the sausage patty, and two pancakes. Tina ate the third pancake.

It hit the spot.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk

bethk
Admin

Of course he loves it! Amazing 'hand-held' meal. Bet he likes to take a couple when he goes on his hikes ~ lots of protein and easy to pack.

Nice pic, too!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Of course he loves it!  Amazing 'hand-held' meal.  Bet he likes to take a couple when he goes on his hikes ~ lots of protein and easy to pack.

Nice pic, too!

thank you Beth.. you are right, it gives me the idea for his packed lunch for his hikes, and a good idea too for our long road trip

NormM

NormM

I made Scotch eggs the other day but didn't post pictures of them until now when I had one for lunch."Whats for Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch for July 2017?" 20170715

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Your's come out so evenly coated! The one time I made them I had 2" of sausage on one side and just crumbs on the other. Nicely done.

Hey, Imelda.....bet Dirk would like a couple of these in his knapp sack when he goes hiking.

NormM

NormM

Sometimes mine come out with the sausage pulled away in parts. To avoid that, I try to mash out a patty big enough to reach all the way around to the other side and make sure it is well blended together. Then I dip it in an egg wash and roll it in bread crumbs.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Lazy Day Breakfast today! Mommy T is at Micky D's to get us a big breakfast.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda HL wrote:I made this for Dirk today, he loves it  

http://www.recipetineats.com/no-washing-up-ham-egg-cheese-pockets/

"Whats for Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch for July 2017?" Dscn6812

Wow, looks delicious, Imelda. I snagged those instructions and am going to give it a try with some corn tortillas I have. I love how you can freeze them if you scramble the eggs and then either nuke them or heat 'em in the oven.

Thanks so much for posting these little goodies!

NormM

NormM

It was 2 in the afternoon before I ate for the first time, so I guess it was breakfast. I was just going to have a hamburger but then I realized I had everything for tacos and that sounded better, so there it is."Whats for Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch for July 2017?" 20170719

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had a scrambled egg / cheese / and bacon on a kaiser roll toasted.
Darn....it was good.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Mmm, Norm, your tacos looked so good.

Love that little taco stand. I bought a package of those "stand up" taco shells with the flat bottom a while back but I've yet to use them. That stand would indeed come in handy....

NormM

NormM

I saw some plastic "taco" plates that had ridges that hold up the tacos at the grocery store but didn't get them because I have two stand alone taco holders and didn't need any more.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I made some blueberry scones.. they were so good.. crunchy on the crust  but melt in your mouth on the dough.. I substituted heavy cream with cream cheese and added 2 tbsp of milk

"Whats for Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch for July 2017?" Dscn7010
"Whats for Breakfast / Brunch / Lunch for July 2017?" Dscn7011

NormM

NormM

Heavy cream does nice things to quick breads.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, my.....you can tell by the pic of the scones how tender & 'fall-apart' they are. I love a good scone, but I don't make them often because I end up eating them all....all at one time, more than likely! ((Shame on me......))

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Darn, they look good. I could see my face enjoying a few of those;
with vanilla ice cream on side.

Today, DD brought over raisin bread from Panera Bakery. I had two slices with butter.
Then,,,, bread crust pizza ...

Crybaby

Crybaby

I agree with everyone else, Imelda.  Those blueberry scones look fantastic.  Made my mouth water... drunken

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Oh, my.....you can tell by the pic of the scones how tender & 'fall-apart' they are.  I love a good scone, but I don't make them often because I end up eating them all....all at one time, more than likely!  ((Shame on me......))

I love 'em, too, Beth, as does Brian. He MIGHT have two and I usually easily put away three! And then I'd better pick the rest up and put them away or I'll keep nibbling on them every time I pass the kitchen island! It's amazing I don't gain weight but I'm pretty good at "making up" for a bad day with a couple of good days -- I try to look at a whole week and then try to make up my bad days with good days before the week is up.

I lost so much weight last year that my cardiologist who treats me for my pulmonary hypertension was worried; I told her I wasn't TRYING to lose weight but of course she told me it didn't matter. But I managed to put the weight back on (THAT was fun for a change, trust me) and now I only waver usually 2 lbs. either above or below a weight she's okay with. Though they weigh me in every single visit, both she and her staff failed to notice over a period of time how much weight I'd lost so she realized and told me right away that she'd been overdosing my PH intravenous medication. I doubt that will ever happen again as I said flatly, "Well, I didn't feel the need to say anything since I get weighed every single appointment before they show me to the exam room." Brian was seriously ticked off at the overdosing 'cause it went on for quite a while but she's a really good doctor (she literally saved my life when I was dying from respiratory distress prior to my PH diagnosis). I told him to get over it as everyone makes a mistake and now I know I should mention it as well. He got over it, as he really likes her and she really likes him, too.

Everyone fell in love with Brian when I was out of it in the ICU for 2+ weeks and they thought I was dying. Along the way, Brian was told I would die without first, a heart transplant, and then it became a heart and double lung transplant. I was told he never left my bedside except to go home every few days to take a shower, change his clothes and get some food other than the hospital crapola. He'd sleep on the padded long bench they had in my room every night (poor heart with his very bad back). By the time I came around and was awake again (in ICU in a different hospital from the one we'd gone to when my heart went into arrhythmia and in restraints 'cause I had been pulling everything out of me and kicking at the staff!), all the nurses and doctors knew Brian well and they were all in love with him. One nurse even got choked up telling me she wanted me to know how much he loved me. I was sobbing before she finished! The really good end result is I'M STILL ALIVE!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum