Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen?

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
Bugster2
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

126August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Empty Re: August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:51 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Got some goood news fr a change. MB of Newton called, and the labor and parts for the SBC Abs brake system were all covered under an extended warranty.
Normally a $3200.00 charge....was all free.
They did get me on the xtra key fob I had made. $518.00 just for the key to start the car etc. $200 for the key.... $80.00 for the key cutter man, and $200.00 for the computer flash download, to energize the chip in the key to communicate with the cars security system.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Glad Tina's car got fixed. The key charge is awful. That's why I only had one car key for my Pontiac. Bought it used and it only came with one key. I didn't think anything about it because I had never dealt with that type of key before. When I went to get a key made I was told about the charge ~ WOW!!! Mine was 'only' $350, but I was expecting $1.59 for a duplicate key to be cut.

Thank goodness we have 2 keys for our Honda now. Dane's locked the key inside the car in the garage and driveway twice now. He's always trying to figure out how to blame ME when he presses the lock all button and then closes the door......even when I'm not anywhere near him. LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, the photo insert thingy works again! Please don't anyone ask me what was wrong or why it didn't insert photos for a while. Maybe it was site maintenance (that isn't done by me but by the 'powers-that-be')

So here are the steak kebobs and baby bok choy I grilled the other night:

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 08_14_16

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 08_14_17

And here is last night's supper of pork steak, squash and Brussels sprouts:

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 08_15_11

Bugster2

Bugster2

This is a photo test

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 <a href=August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Pbucket" />

I can see it still doesn't work for me

130August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Empty Re: August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:03 am

NormM

NormM

Testing photo postAugust, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 20190123

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

131August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Empty Re: August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:43 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugs ~ I can insert pics from my computer files.

I use to use Photobucket until they decided I needed to pay $1k to access MY photos for '3rd party' hosting. I'm sure that was someplace in the original 'agreement' I accepted. But they blocked ALL the photos I had inserted and they all disappeared.

I just click on the "Host an image" icon, click on "Select a File" ~ my photo files from my computer are available to choose one ~ then click on "Send all" and then "Insert".

Suddenly they're in my post.

Good luck.

132August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Empty Re: August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Pizza homemade tonight. I will make the dough, and Tina wants to make the sauce. She wants to add the toppings too!
I want anchovies on mine.

bethk

bethk
Admin

When I make pizza (which is once in a blue moon.....) I like to do the crusts on a prebake (usually on the gas grill) and then let everyone add their own toppings. Pizza sauce is whatever I decide to add to a can of tomato sauce or something like leftover marinara. I just like a very light bit of sauce, painted on with a pastry brush if I have my choice.

If we're doing a pizza to share we usually use bacon, onion & green olives ~ gotta have something to combat that dredded blood pressure meds we both take.....

Bugster2

Bugster2

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Tuna10

Testing Testing a la Beth

It Worked!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Good job, Bugs!

That's a food pic. What'd you make?

Bugster2

Bugster2

That's not my picture. It came with a recipe online. I think it is a tuna sandwich of somekind.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Take pics of YOUR food ~ ~ join in the fun!

I was completely satisfied with finally getting some pasta ~ pappardelle rigate (wide noodles w/ridges), mushroom marinara and seared chicken cutlets with freshly grated parmesan and mozzarella melted over top.

Dane thought there was going to be entirely too much chicken until he discovered how thin the cutlets were. Five thin cutlets from one 15 oz. chicken breast half. Just the way I like them....they cook quickly (just a light dusting of seasoned flour to seal them as they saute) and there's no heavy coating.

Oh, there are times when I really like a nice thick and crispy panko coating, but with pasta I think just the chicken & cheese is enough.

Oh, darn......I just remembered my bowl of salad in the refrigerator. ((sigh)) My mind must be slipping. Usually it's rolls in the oven that get forgotten. LOL The salad will be a fine lunch for tomorrow.

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 08_16_10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Take pics of YOUR food ~ ~ join in the fun!

I was completely satisfied with finally getting some pasta ~ pappardelle rigate (wide noodles w/ridges), mushroom marinara and seared chicken cutlets with freshly grated parmesan and mozzarella melted over top.

Dane thought there was going to be entirely too much chicken until he discovered how thin the cutlets were.  Five thin cutlets from one 15 oz. chicken breast half.  Just the way I like them....they cook quickly (just a light dusting of seasoned flour to seal them as they saute) and there's no heavy coating.  

Oh, there are times when I really like a nice thick and crispy panko coating, but with pasta I think just the chicken & cheese is enough.

Oh, darn......I just remembered my bowl of salad in the refrigerator.  ((sigh)) My mind must be slipping.  Usually it's rolls in the oven that get forgotten.  LOL  The salad will be a fine lunch for tomorrow.

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 08_16_10

Beth....that looks delicious!

################################

Debbie..... the pic you posted is a tuna melt.
They are popular here in the Friendly's restaurants.

HO JO's years ago, ( *Beth ) had the tuna melt also.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:

HO JO's years ago, ( *Beth ) had the tuna melt also. [/size]

31 FLAVORS! Tuna Melt, Reuban Sandwich, FRIED CLAMS (frozen clam strips defrosted ~ they came in milk cartons ~ dredged in corn flour in the restaurant and fried) ~ I loved my days at Howard Johnson's! I just didn't like any of those things. I will say, the Friday night All-You-Can-Eat fish fry was a huge draw, and the fish was really good.

But their sodas and orange sherbet/orange drink slushie were the best!

140August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Empty Re: August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonights Pizza was a success!

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Img_1537

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Img_1538

141August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 Empty Re: August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:01 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks good, Jimmy.

It's a shame you didn't have enough cheese to cover it from crust to crust......

LOL

(Just the way a good pizza should be!)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Looks good, Jimmy.

It's a shame you didn't have enough cheese to cover it from crust to crust......

LOL

(Just the way a good pizza should be!)
August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 2876911673

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Very Happy Looks like Beth Burgers; with Pickles on the side.
Gonna throw some wings in the toaster oven too.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ladies' Luncheon today so I'm thinking there won't be any cooking here tonight.

I had fajita tacos and I'm stuffed.

I'll offer to heat some leftovers or just let him fend for himself.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had pulled a 2 pound meatloaf out of the freezer the other day, intending to have it last night. But, after going out for Ladies' Luncheon I had no desire for any more meals.

So, meatloaf, smashed potatoes & a vegetable or two for tonight.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So far, I had leftover pizza; eggplant parmesan.....from Giancarlo's T mommy picked up in Ledgewood.
It was awesome. Peach pie for laters dessert, and different Italian Biscotti.
I'm gonna cheat, and have a Seasons iced tea with sugar and lemon.

bethk

bethk
Admin

We invited our friend, Jim, to join us for supper. He loves a home cooked meal so it's always a pleasure to have him here to share. That, plus, he eats just about anything. I was concerned he might not care for steamed cabbage but, as he said, "I'm Polish ~ of course I like cabbage!" LOL

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 08_18_10

Bugster2

Bugster2

Jimmy, I was just reading about the first CANDY department store opening in a mall in NJ. The mall is American Dream. The department store will be 22,000 sq/ft of sweets. Now, that should be an interesting store to see.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Jimmy, I was just reading about the first CANDY department store opening in a mall in NJ. The mall is American Dream. The department store will be 22,000 sq/ft of sweets. Now, that should be an interesting store to see.

Yeah, its at near the Meadowlands in Rutherford, NJ
I'm sure Tina will find it some day in her travels
It's far from us, but that won't stop her.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:We invited our friend, Jim, to join us for supper.  He loves a home cooked meal so it's always a pleasure to have him here to share.  That, plus, he eats just about anything.  I was concerned he might not care for steamed cabbage but, as he said, "I'm Polish ~ of course I like cabbage!"  LOL

August, 2019 ~ What's HOT in the kitchen? - Page 6 08_18_10

Nice Looking Meal Beth. Thanks for the reminder. I have 1/2 a head of cabbage to be used.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum