Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen?

+6
Bugster2
Crybaby
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
bethk
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:No big deal!

Just had two wimpies ( sloppy Joes ).

The right rolls would have made a better sandwich, but Tina couldn't find anything half way decent.

Looks good to me, Jimmy. I have sloppy joes and BBQ beef sandwich stuff in the freezer in snack size zip bags, and my potato buns are individually wrapped and back into the plastic bags they came in. Then I can just take the buns out to thaw in the morning, maybe butter & griddle 'em if I want, and heat up a sandwich for my lunch.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:No big deal!

Just had two wimpies ( sloppy Joes ).

The right rolls would have made a better sandwich, but Tina couldn't find anything half way decent.

Looks good to me, Jimmy.  I have sloppy joes and BBQ beef sandwich stuff in the freezer in snack size zip bags, and my potato buns are individually wrapped and back into the plastic bags they came in.  Then I can just take the buns out to thaw in the morning, maybe butter & griddle 'em if I want, and heat up a sandwich for my lunch.
Yeah! The sloppy Joes was Not from a mix; although I used two tablespoons of chili sauce to sweeten slightly.

Today, all the buns are poofed up with air, and they fall apart as one just holds it to bite the whatever is in it.
Another thing is, they are pre-sliced as the always were, but the slice is not in half. They cut it so the bottom is thin. That quickly causes the bottom to get wet with the juices. Hate soggy buns.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I did not do much these last few days.. I have a pulled muscle on my left thigh and it hurts like hell Evil or Very Mad  I November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 1450907917
Oh Dear Lord! How the Heck did you do that?
Drink Lots of water Imelda. That will provide fluid to the muscle and the injury.
I don't know if you like tea, but that is good to drink. It flushes the toxins in the body and muscle injury because it helps the kidneys filter the toxins.

We will say a prayer for your recovery . God Bless You!

Oh! and don't push to get around so quickly. A little at the time. The body has to rest to heal itself. My Grandmothera always said,"When The Horse Get SicK. The Horse Lay Down!"....In other words, she means ..The Horse does lots of work, and we think the horse can go forever, but the horse is smart to lay down when tired from being sick.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Today, all the buns are poofed up with air, and they fall apart as one just holds it to bite the whatever is in it.
Another thing is, they are pre-sliced as the always were, but the slice is not in half. They cut it so the bottom is thin. That quickly causes the bottom to get wet with the juices. Hate soggy buns.[/size]
Jimmy, a simple, yet quite effective, way to stop from having a soggy bottom on your Wimpy is to spoon the warm meat mixture on the top half of the bun and then top your sandwich with the thinner bottom. That way the juices are absorbed better in the thicker side.

I also like the potato buns because they freeze better and don't dry out as much, of course, since I'm alone and 8 buns lasts me forever, I individually wrap each bun in plastic wrap and then stash back into the plastic bag to freeze.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Boy if I had your breadmaker I would be making buns..My DS told me his dad had one ,I can not see that ah making bread,but I saw it in a pic my son sent me.I told him send that to  ME..He said it was to heavy & he was leaving the next day to go back home.I don't know what happened to it Crying or Very sad

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Another thing is, they are pre-sliced as the always were, but the slice is not in half. They cut it so the bottom is thin. That quickly causes the bottom to get wet with the juices. Hate soggy buns.[/size]
Jimmy, a simple, yet quite effective, way to stop from having a soggy bottom on your Wimpy is to spoon the warm meat mixture on the top half of the bun and then top your sandwich with the  thinner bottom.  That way the juices are absorbed better in the thicker side.

I also like the potato buns because they freeze better and don't dry out as much, of course, since I'm alone and 8 buns lasts me forever, I individually wrap each bun in plastic wrap and then stash back into the plastic bag to freeze.
Ok... Get out the rolling pin, and the frying pan.
LOL.... I don't like potato buns. I will eat them, but they to me are doughy.

Now, here comes the fry pan on my head.......
I do not like my bun upside down. Or, any sandwich upside down. If I make a burger with cheese...hahaha...If the melted cheese is on the bottom, I will not bite it! Any sandwich with lettuce, the lettuce has to be on top with everything else underneath.
Funny Huh?....

Yesterday, Tina stopped at Hot Dog Johnny's, a famous stop on old route 46 by us 8 miles away, and as a matter of fact Governor Chris Christi of N.J. made a stop there with his caravan bus.
Anyway, They made my three hot dogs with the usual mustard onions and a pickle slice wrapped in waxed paper. Ohhh! They smelled so good..

I had the first one, and the lady that put it together, lathered the bun with the mustard, then a spoon of finely minced strong onions, then threw the hot dog on top of that, and the pickle on top the bare hot dog.
For me = Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!.....

I want the dog in the bun...with the mustard only on the hot dog, and then the onions on top that. Pickle...on the side!! Would you believe, I couldn't enjoy or eat the other two; because the mustard wet the bun. Grrrrrrr!!

bethk

bethk
Admin

So, you're telling me if you sit across the table from me and I load up my casing frank the "correct way" (hot dog, mustard, sauce & onion) and THEN give my frank a tiny little turn so some of the stuff is along side/under ~ that I would ruin your meal just thinking about me eating it "WRONG" ???

I'm just teasin' you, Jimmy. I would never do that in front of you!

(But I WOULD put potato chips between the bread and my bologna !)

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so I'm a meanie.....

Jimmy, you were my inspiration (I say that as a way to segue into WHAT was on my plate.....)

Sloppy Joe Sandwich (on a potato HOT DOG BUN), Cole Slaw and an ear of fresh Florida sweet corn.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 111013

I can hear you gagging now, Jimmy. WHO, in their right mind, would use a potato hot dog bun for a Wimpy ????

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 2876911673 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:So, you're telling me if you sit across the table from me and I load up my casing frank the "correct way" (hot dog, mustard, sauce & onion) and THEN give my frank a tiny little turn so some of the stuff is along side/under ~ that I would ruin your meal just thinking about me eating it "WRONG" ???

I'm just teasin' you, Jimmy.  I would never do that in front of you!

(But I WOULD put potato chips between the bread and my bologna !)
Only if you ate it upside down! LOL

Tina loves what they call "Ham Bologna" on bread with potato chips on top, and then she smashes down on the sandwich. hahahahaha... It's so funny!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:OK, so I'm a meanie.....

Jimmy, you were my inspiration (I say that as a way to segue into WHAT was on my plate.....)

Sloppy Joe Sandwich (on a potato HOT DOG BUN), Cole Slaw and an ear of fresh Florida sweet corn.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 111013

I can hear you gagging now, Jimmy.  WHO, in their right mind, would use a potato hot dog bun for a Wimpy ????  

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 2876911673 
No. Not gagging. Drooling actually. That potato bun is not yellow like the ones we get. Also, I like the idea of the sloppy Joe filling, and then raw diced onion on top of that. That is next on my inspiration from Beth List!

That darn corn looks great to! The butter drip is making me hungry.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I took 4 pics, but the only ones that came out was the first two.
Here at least is the pot of sauce with meatballs (the way Tina likes them with more bread ) and a couple pork cubes and sausage. Then the Perciatelli macaroni is cooking away. ( The noise makers with the hole in the center ). Sssslurp!

No dessert. Maybe some toast with butter and jelly.

OH! I forgot! I have 7 eggs hard boiled to make MORE Egg Salad.
We are on that egg salad kick for three day's now!

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 7x2p

Barbara101

Barbara101

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 Garlicherbturkeyburgers375

herb & garlic turkey burger. You really have to spice turkey up. I did not feel like cooking anything so this was  easy.BTW it was really good.

Feeling November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 2363720550 

food looks great guys.I think there is a right way to make a BLT too lol.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

all foods look good.. so many ideas to steal for later Laughing 

I went back to kitchen today (thank you all for your concerns).. I felt much better and was able to go to Sunday mass too.. I told my DH that I had noodles on my mind for our dinner.. he said.. spaghetti sounds good ( he saw my cooked spaghetti noodles sitting in our fridge ) actually I was thinking about stir fry noodles ( chow mien ).. so knowing that he wanted spaghetti.. I decided to cook it in 2 ways... spicy chow mien with dark soy sauce and shredded chicken for me and spaghetti with Beef Kielbasa sausage sauce for him.. both of our tummies are happy[/color
Laughing 

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 DSCN8609

[November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 10-1

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 Garlicherbturkeyburgers375

herb & garlic turkey burger. You really have to spice turkey up. I did not feel like cooking anything so this was  easy.BTW it was really good.

Looks Good Barb! Uh! Lettuce on the bottom??
Just wondering?

BLT with Cheese ....Light Toast first, and then... Tomato first, then some mayo, bacon, then cheese; topped with lettuce; and then more mayo on the bread top! That's the way I pile it and like it!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:all foods look good.. so many ideas to steal for later Laughing 

I went back to kitchen today (thank you all for your concerns).. I felt much better and was able to go to Sunday mass too.. I told my DH that I had noodles on my mind for our dinner.. he said.. spaghetti sounds good ( he saw my cooked spaghetti noodles sitting in our fridge ) actually I was thinking about stir fry noodles ( chow mien ).. so knowing that he wanted spaghetti.. I decided to cook it in 2 ways... spicy chow mien with dark soy sauce and shredded chicken for me and spaghetti with Beef Kielbasa sausage sauce for him.. both of our tummies are happy[/color
Laughing 

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 DSCN8609

[November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 5 10-1
Both Look Good Imelda, but I am more attracted to the beef kielbasa one.

While I am thinking of it, I have a Question for Y O U !
Do You or did you ever eat or make chicken feet?
Tina loves chicken feet
She always makes them creamed. Or in soup.
Just wondering, because she said she has to go to the Oriental market to get them. They only sell them there, and the lady said they are fast movers so they are fresh.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Both Look Good Imelda, but I am more attracted to the beef kielbasa one.

While I am thinking of it, I have a Question for Y O U !
Do You or did you ever eat or make chicken feet?
Tina loves chicken feet
She always makes them creamed. Or in soup.
Just wondering, because she said she has to go to the Oriental market to get them. They only sell them there, and the lady said they are fast movers so they are fresh.[/quote]

chicken feet? I eat them but not my favorite.. there are so many ways to cook them.. soup ( not creamed though) with lots of black pepper.. slow cooked in soy sauce, in red spicy red sauce.. yes.. they are most Asian people's favorite food.. most of my family love them.. even my American brother in law and his daughter who live in Houston love them too..

they usually served in Chinese restaurants that have "DIMSUM" ( Chinese style brunch).. the waiters/waitresses serve their foods in carts.. they walk around the room and we pick what we want.. my husband likes to have DIMSUM but no chicken feet
Laughing

Last edited by Imelda HL on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Jimmy, a simple, yet quite effective, way to stop from having a soggy bottom on your Wimpy is to spoon the warm meat mixture on the top half of the bun and then top your sandwich with the  thinner bottom.  That way the juices are absorbed better in the thicker side.

Ok... Get out the rolling pin, and the frying pan.
LOL.... I don't like potato buns. I will eat them, but they to me are doughy.

Now, here comes the fry pan on my head.......
I do not like my bun upside down. Or, any sandwich upside down. If I make a burger with cheese...hahaha...If the melted cheese is on the bottom, I will not bite it! Any sandwich with lettuce, the lettuce has to be on top with everything else underneath.
Funny Huh?....

Yesterday, Tina stopped at Hot Dog Johnny's, a famous stop on old route 46 by us 8 miles away, and as a matter of fact Governor Chris Christi of N.J. made a stop there with his caravan bus.
Anyway, They made my three hot dogs with the usual mustard onions and a pickle slice wrapped in waxed paper. Ohhh! They smelled so good..

I had the first one, and the lady that put it together, lathered the bun with the mustard, then a spoon of finely minced strong onions, then threw the hot dog on top of that, and the pickle on top the bare hot dog.
For me = Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!.....

I want the dog in the bun...with the mustard only on the hot dog, and then the onions on top that. Pickle...on the side!! Would you believe, I couldn't enjoy or eat the other two; because the mustard wet the bun. Grrrrrrr!!
I will not eat green eggs and ham, Sam I am.Laughing 

Bugster2

Bugster2

What, may I ask, is a Wimpy?

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:What, may I ask, is a Wimpy?

It's another name for a Sloppy Joes Sandwich.

Remember Popeye? There was a character called "Wimpy" who would eat
I guess burgers constantly!....

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:

Your burger looks good. The recipe I have comes out really pale unless cooked in a skillet so the Worchestershire cooks out a bit. And the ground turkey or chicken does take some serious spicing to make it really tasty ~ agree with that 100%.

And, yes, BLT has to be made right or it's just not right. That's why it's so important to just put the fixin's on the table and let everyone do their own! LOL

Mine has to have Miracle Whip on both sides of the sandwich, lettuce, bacon weave, lettuce, avocado, lettuce, thin sliced tomato w/s&p, lettuce and then the top toast. Oh, and my toast has to be lightly buttered before the Miracle Whip is added....

Hahahahaha! Bet no one else agrees with me on this one!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda HL wrote:all foods look good.. so many ideas to steal for later Laughing 

Laughing 

Ohhh, the spicy chow mein style sounds really yummy to me!  And it looks tasty, too.  

How nice of you to make both styles so you and DH could be filled up with what you were hungry for.

You and Jimmy both had the spaghetti noodle thing going on....and now I'm getting hungry for some BLT pasta with the buttered panko topping....so, SO good!

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:

Your burger looks good.  The recipe I have comes out really pale unless cooked in a skillet so the Worchestershire cooks out a bit.  And the ground turkey or chicken does take some serious spicing to make it really tasty ~ agree with that 100%.

And, yes, BLT has to be made right or it's just not right.  That's why it's so important to just put the fixin's on the table and let everyone do their own!  LOL

Mine has to have Miracle Whip on both sides of the sandwich, lettuce, bacon weave, lettuce, avocado, lettuce, thin sliced tomato w/s&p, lettuce and then the top toast.  Oh, and my toast has to be lightly buttered before the Miracle Whip is added....

Hahahahaha!  Bet no one else agrees with me on this one!
My houseguest prefers Miracle Whip too and none of it may spread beyond the borders of the toast. She can't stand to have it get on her fingers. You should see her eat one. Only two fingers hold the sandwich with the remaining fingers splayed out so they don't get contaminated. It reminds me of a cat that is getting lowered into a tub of water for a bath.

bethk

bethk
Admin

maybe you should provide some waxed paper to wrap around the sandwich like they do at some burger places to try to keep the sandwich contained.....

If she had just her "pinkie" finger extended you might think she was royalty.....LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

Imelda, so glad you are back & feeling better. I have missed your beautiful foods.Looks so good.

bethk

bethk
Admin

No cooking tonight ~ I was with friends (one just got here from Ohio to purchase a new home).

I ended up stopping for a sandwich and that's all I needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum