Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Bugster2

Emeril's Chicken Normandy

" />

Photo taken by my houseguest who seems to be in competition with her Facebook friends on who had the best eats for the day.

Barbara101

bugs that looks wonderful.she needs to come here.I/we would love to see her food.Plus her recipes.

side note.. if she does we may have to go back & edit some things we said about her    

Bugster2

She doesn't cook. I made the dinner. She took the photo with her phone.

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Emeril's Chicken Normandy

" />

Photo taken by my houseguest who seems to be in competition with her Facebook friends on who had the best eats for the day.
Looks like a nice dinner outside on a picnic table in the fall!

Tina was crying ..."I wanna eat on the beach!"
I poured a bag of sand on the table, clamped an umbrella to the table; picked up some fried clams and two fish sandwiches, and called, " Tina, come and get it....your beach lunch is served!"

Barbara101

I HATE eating at the beach..Sand in & on your food is gross & it is always there no matter how to try to not get any on it.

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I HATE eating at the beach..Sand in & on your food is gross & it is always there no matter how to try to not get any on it.
Nothing worse than sand on your hot dog!
I like crunchy, but not that crunchy.silent 

NormM

Charlie and Cassie both work on Thursday so I am making Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and doing the baking today so the oven will be available for the turkey tomorrow. I broke in the new mixer by making some bread. I used Jetfan's braiding for these.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

made pizza dough with the KA. What a hassle.Messy.
I may buy a cheap breadmaker just to make dough,it it so much easier.Put in the ingreds ,push start, it kneads,2 rises & done.

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:

Charlie and Cassie both work on Thursday so I am making Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and doing the baking today so the oven will be available for the turkey tomorrow.  I broke in the new mixer by making some bread. I used Jetfan's braiding for these.
Wow! That is dough delight! cheers 
One of those baby's and a pound of butter with some coffee, would be heaven.
I would even share with Tina. A little bit!

UNCLE JIMMY

The start of Thanks giving.

Tina made the Pumpkin Pies!

bethk

Admin
WOW! everyone's food looks fantastic.

Great braids, Norm!

NormM

Here was our turkey today.

Barbara101

bethk

Admin
I'm not cooking, just prepping - and NOW you guys have me STARVING !

Norm, your holiday bird is picture perfect! What an amazing job you did!

Barb, I want what YOU had. Looks SO yummy.

I guess I'll go make some peanut butter & jelly toast.....sigh

Barbara101

LOl Pasta Carbonara is just about the easiest thing to make. I figure I may be eating turkey for 2 days..

Bugster2

The day didn't start out well. I made my pie crusts and discovered that I had accidentally used my high gluten flour in the dough. It will probably be tough. It was for a pecan pie so if the crust is like cement I will eat out the innards, which isn't such a bad thing.

NormM

I once made a pie with apples from my tree. The filling was delicious but the crust was like an armor on an army tank.

bethk

Admin
When Dane got here I boiled some noodles in chicken soup (sans noodles) I had in the freezer and made him a grilled cheese sandwich. He "forgot" to eat lunch before he left the house yesterday and didn't stop for even a drive-thru sandwich on his way here ~ said he stopped 3 times for gasoline and made two other rest area stops. He did drink a couple sodas. Dummy. He makes me SO angry!

But, after his soup, sandwich and a couple stiff drinks (for medicinal purposes only, I assure you....) he's now passed out on the sofa and won't wake up until supper's ready tonight. And he'll still be able to sleep later.

He said he "forgot" to bring any clothes, knowing he has a small supply here in the villa. Unfortunately for him he's only got golf shorts & shirts. So, guess who's going to get to go to the "Black Friday" sale at Kohl's when they open at 8 pm tonight? There is NO way I'm going to allow him to wear his grubby work jeans he wore on the trip down here when we go to MY friends' home for a holiday meal tomorrow! MEN!

Barbara101

MEN!

and that is why I do not want one .lol.

bethk

Admin
I know....I've tried to give him away and so far, no takers....

(nah, I think I'll keep him)

Barbara101

I have made so many turkeys in my day but this has to be the best one yet.
Bacon wrapped with maple syrup glaze

candied hassleback sweet potato's.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Pumpkin Tart..

bethk

Admin
WOW! Barb ~ Amazing meal. Great Pics. You could have invited us, you know.....

Our Thanksgiving Day dinner: Scalloped Potatoes & Ham and a little baby pie to split.....NOT a turkey, that's for sure.

Barbara101

thank you Beth. I also made cranberry relish.

I can't give the 'girls' the fat ,I don't think,it does have that bacon fat in it.bacon is a NO NO for puppers.

I went to DD for awhile. I just don't eat all that stuff she makes. She can get as mad as she wants .  I ate a small piece of ham,small amount of mashed white potato.The rest nope.

sugar free maple syrup is really good lol Cheaper then that Ideal sub brown sugar.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum