Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
UNCLE JIMMY
Cookin Lore
Crybaby
Imelda HL
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? Empty May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? Fri May 01, 2020 12:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Let's hope May, 2020 brings us a lot less stress and we can return to some sense of normalcy......even if it's a 'new normal'.

Stay safe & healthy my friends!

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I have pasta with Alfredo sauce on my mind since last night, I don't know if I have all the ingredients for the sauce, for sure I don't have cream in my fridge, but I have cream cheese, cheese is also limited, I've not gone to the stores yet, yesterday D went to get some veggies for me ( though I gave him a list what I wanted him to buy, there was still some minor mistake he made, oh well Shocked ). I have chicken thighs and fresh spinach, I'm going to brown them and add them to my pasta.. mmm, can't wait Razz

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda, I was so sorry to read just now about the loss of your mom. I'm so so sorry. She sure sounds like a wonderful lady and I'm glad the funeral helped you and your family know how much she meant to so many.

Glad you're back home! We all miss your cooking, too!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Debbie ~ so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I'd suggest 'This too shall pass' but that's not funny when we're talking about your kidney stone.....

Seriously, I hope you're feeling better soon.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane had late golf this afternoon so I made a meal that could be 'cooked' whenever he got home.

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 05_01_11

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Crybaby wrote:Imelda, I was so sorry to read just now about the loss of your mom. I'm so so sorry. She sure sounds like a wonderful lady and I'm glad the funeral helped you and your family know how much she meant to so many.

Thank you Michelle, yes, we feel so grateful that we could have a beautiful funeral for her, the flower boards were nonstop arriving, we were really surprised, our friends and families who could not make it, they sent flowers, lots of them, the foods too, many people donated foods, we laid her in the funeral home for 3 nights, every night was a full house, we had a mass for her with choir singing every night, it was so sacred and beautiful

Here are some photos of the part of the flowers, there were still more of them. I hope you all don't mind I posted them here

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? Img-2010

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 20200312

Now, our supper, D's favorite, pasta with chicken and spinach in Alfredo sauce

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 95801910

Cookin Lore

Oh my gracious! The flowers look like I am seeing a gigantic flower market. It certainly shows that your mother was much loved. I imagine that there would have been many local flowers. Did you happen to take a closeup of some of them? I would love to see that.

Cookin Lore

OOOOPs, double post.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Crybaby wrote:Imelda, I was so sorry to read just now about the loss of your mom. I'm so so sorry. She sure sounds like a wonderful lady and I'm glad the funeral helped you and your family know how much she meant to so many.

Imelda HL wrote:Thank you Michelle, yes, we feel so grateful that we could have a beautiful funeral for her, the flower boards were nonstop arriving, we were really surprised, our friends and families who could not make it, they sent flowers, lots of them, the foods too, many people donated foods, we laid her in the funeral home for 3 nights, every night was a full house, we had a mass for her with choir singing every night, it was so sacred and beautiful

Here are some photos of the part of the flowers, there were still more of them. I hope you all don't mind I posted them here

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? Img-2010

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 20200312

My goodness, Imelda, your mom's funeral was like nothing I've ever SEEN before -- the flower arrangements -- you called them "flower boards" -- were immense and so pretty! The funeral home seems huge, too. I'm so glad you posted those photos for us to see; please post more if you have them as it's really wonderful to see how your culture celebrates the life of someone you loved! A choir every night, too -- sounds like it was so beautiful! Your mom must have been some kind of a lady to have so many friends -- especially friends who want her family to see how loved she was. What a beautiful celebration of your mom's life, Imelda! I'm so glad you were able to get back for it. Thanks so much for sharing some of it with us.[/quote]

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Dane had late golf this afternoon so I made a meal that could be 'cooked' whenever he got home.

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 05_01_11

I put hot dogs on our grocery list for delivery but Walmart was out of them. I even took the chance that I'd get several pkgs. of hot dogs by checking about three brands -- they were out of all of them. But of course, the hot dog BUNS were in stock and they were delivered!

I even got a can of hot dog chili -- something I haven't purchased for over 20 years (Brian doesn't like ANY kind of chili on his hot dog). So now I have hot dog buns and a can of hot dog chili!!

Crybaby

Crybaby

Wednesday was our 41st anniversary -- though I always get flowers from Brian, I knew THAT was impossible this year. But I was wrong! Brian began calling our regular florist the week before last and they told him they were planning on opening Wednesday -- they let him place the order on Tuesday. So I got a big surprise Wednesday morning right after we finished the blueberry pancakes I made him for breakfast when the flowers came.

I adore flowers and the ones Brian sends are always pretty but this time, the bouquet was one of their prettiest ever -- a huge arrangement containing light pink roses, salmon colored tulips, several huge white Casablanca lilies that smell divine, some yellow cala lilies, a few stems of green Bells of Ireland -- just chock full of flowers with a couple of branches of fresh pussy willows. I'm going to try to remember to take a picture of them!

Neither of us wanted a big dinner Wednesday night which always happens when we have a big breakfast. So last night we made two of those delicious prime ribeye caps steaks from Costco. They were cheaper than the last time my BIL picked them up for us; this time they were $15.49 a pound instead of $19.99 a pound. The pkg. he picked up had three steaks in them so one went to the freezer. I made macaroni and cheese to go with the steaks (thinking of Charlie, Norm!) and though we had leftover green beans with potatoes and ham shank I'd planned to serve, neither of us were hungry enough to go past the 'roni and cheese. I took the bigger steak but neither of us could finish our steaks, which is good for tonight. They were just medium rare so they have enough room to reheat perfectly for tonight!

I prefer those steaks to any other steak but Brian said he still prefers Gourmet Butcher Block's ribeyes with their seasoning on them. He has a problem with the cap steaks having some silver skin on the edges. Me? I eat the whole steak!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Anniversary, Michelle! (You're just a little over 10 years behind US.....LOL

Cookin Lore

Congratulations on 41 years! And the flowers. My hubby was so good in so many ways, but flowers were not his thing. We had a neighbour years ago who gave his wife flowers every Thursday. Sometimes he picked them in their garden, sometimes at the side of the road, sometimes he stole them (with our permission) from our flowerbeds. And, if he was away on business, he had a single rose delivered to her on Thursday. I asked him why Thursday???? he said that people do special things on the weekend, and Thursday is a sort of lost day. He died way too early only a few months after retiring at 65.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a small pork tenderloin ~ just seared it in a little cast iron skillet in a tiny bit of olive oil with s&p and then finished it in the toaster oven until it came up to temp. I had about 1/2 c. of the caramelized onions leftover so I decided to make an onion-y cream sauce to cook some potatoes in ~ kind of a stove top scalloped potato. Blanched beans got reheated with butter and the Penzey seasoning. I bought a big head of cauliflower last week and it just hasn't seem to fit into what I'm hungry for so today I made one of Grandma's signature salads ~ Cauliflower Pea Salad with bacon & a sweet mayo-parmesan dressing. I wanted to taste one of my sweet red peppers that I've got in the patio pots and it was delicious. So I chopped some for the salad because it was so pretty.

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 05_02_11

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 05_02_12

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

The BLT was a great carb lower than what my Pork Face had here............

2 of these, and Never can have enough powdered sugar.

May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? Img_1830

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Happy 41st anniversary Michelle. God bless you both!

NormM

NormM

I tried a new (to me) recipe from the Koreatown cook book for bulgogi.May, 2020 What's Cooking in the Kitchen? 20200510

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

Bugster2

I usually get a rose from the grocery store or a 7-11 convenience store. I wish he wouldn't waste his money on flowers. I would rather have See's candy.

Still have the miseries today. The antibiotics make me sick and the ligering bitter aftertaste just makes things worse. I made carne asada tacos with pico de gallo and guacamole for dinner. I just couldn't eat any of it.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Passed another stone last night. Doc gave me script for Oxycodone. I only took 1/4 of a tab to see hoe it affects me. It dulled the pain enough so I can go back to bed. Didn't make me upchuck my socks - yet, so that is a good thing.

Cookin Lore

Oh dear! Thankfully I have not had a kidney stone. WOW, if 1/4 of the pill dulled that pain enough to be tolerable, imagine what the whole pill does. Best of luck. Do you know if you have more stones?

Bugster2

Bugster2

Cookin Lore wrote:Oh dear!  Thankfully I have not had a kidney stone.  WOW, if 1/4 of the pill dulled that pain enough to be tolerable, imagine what the whole pill does.  Best of luck.   Do you know if you have more stones?  

The doctor mentioned that i should have a CT scan to see.

Cookin Lore

Sounds great, but scans are not being done, right?

Bugster2

Bugster2

I think they are being done.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh Lord Debbie... Was there only One stone?

Rest up !

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have passed 3 within the last 4 days. My urine is brown and test strips show it is loaded with blood. Got to give the doc another call.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum