Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen?

+6
Bugster2
Crybaby
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
bethk
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Well that chicken couldn't get any prettier!

It wouldn't be pretty if I got ahold of that skin.Laughing 

Could you imagine baking a big turkey, and company is over and waiting for the turkey presentation ( Like on the Movie Christmas Vacation) and the Jimmy The Skinner, eats and removes all the skin from the turkey, and when It is put on the table...hahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol: I could see a lot of pissed off people! lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had too much today to eat.
It was a drippy rainy day, and the mood was food!

Tina made Alices Eggs for breakfast! Eggs with a little flour and onions nd parsley in the blender all whirred up, and then fried like crepe's.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 Akwi

Then for supper.... Pork Steaks Braised slow slow.
Cauliflower fresh steamed.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 D6ae

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 Z0jy

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 57b6

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhh, that pork steak with the potatoes (or are those apple slices?) look succulent....nice and tender and juicy. The extra fat in the pork steak gives them so much more flavor. And the cauliflower is a good side choice, for sure! Nice meal.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Ohhh, that pork steak with the potatoes (or are those apple slices?) look succulent....nice and tender and juicy.  The extra fat in the pork steak gives them so much more flavor.  And the cauliflower is a good side choice, for sure!  Nice meal.
Thanks Beth! Yeah! It was a great tasting meal. Nice how all the color on the meat, and yes they were potatoes, was that caramelized natural sugar from the fat and the onions. Tina used two big onions.
When it was all done, the meat fell off the bones and the fat stayed in the pan. All so tender and moist too!

We ate it with our home made applesauce.

For Tomorrow, I am wishing for wimpies (sloppy Joes). French fries with that too!
Maybe a nice chocolate milk to wash it down. Ummm!!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy & Tina were my inspiration tonight, although cooking for one is different than for two.....

I made pan fried pork chops, Tina Taters and lima beans.

What are Tina Taters, you ask??? Well, I improvised on the way she makes her potatoes. I wanted some pork-y flavor so I browned a slice of bacon in the pan before I got started. Then I saved the bacon to add back at the end. I braised a cubed potato with a bunch of onion in some chicken stock and when the potatoes were tender removed the lid and let it all reduce down and get yummy. The onions just cooked away into the pan, I think. Very flavorful. So, Thanks! Tina & Jimmy for the idea to steal.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 110813

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh looks so good.I love limas.November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 2599281016 

Barbara101

Barbara101

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 Chachachickensalad400

baked a lot of stuff today.so dinner was easy,, chicken salad sandwich.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise ? lol

Barbara101

Barbara101

1/2 cup mayonnaise (hellmans I did not make any this week)
3 ounces softened cream cheese
salt, pepper
2 cups cooked finely chopped chicken breast
1/3 cup crushed pineapple (reserve a few tablespoons of the juice)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
3 celery ribs, finely chopped

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy & Tina were my inspiration tonight, although cooking for one is different than for two.....

I made pan fried pork chops, Tina Taters and lima beans.

What are Tina Taters, you ask???  Well, I improvised on the way she makes her potatoes.  I wanted some pork-y flavor so I browned a slice of bacon in the pan before I got started.  Then I saved the bacon to add back at the end.  I braised a cubed potato with a bunch of onion in some chicken stock and when the potatoes were tender removed the lid and let it all reduce down and get yummy.  The onions just cooked away into the pan, I think.  Very flavorful.  So, Thanks! Tina & Jimmy for the idea to steal.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 110813

Oh! Wow! Wait till I tell Tina she has Taters named after her; thanks to Beth!

The meal really sounds and looks awesome. I love the baby beans. Now Beth gave me an inspiration for lima bean soup with ham cubes. Umm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 Chachachickensalad400

baked a lot of stuff today.so dinner was easy,, chicken salad sandwich.
The salad sandwich surely looks crunchy with celery. I love celery in chick or Tuna salad, but Tina doesn't like it. Egg salad has to be plain too. Eggs and mayo and salt and pepper.
Sometimes I will hit it with a dash of onion powder.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well, ....Wimpies ( sloppy Joes ) are made, but Tina was shopping in PA for bargains, and she got some great bargains. Flour $0.99 ... Sugar 5lb 1.99 ..... butter $1.90 a pound.

She brought back Pizza and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, so the sloppy Joes will be for tomorrow. That's OK with me; because they always taste better the next day.
I just ate three slices of pizza; a coconut macaroon, and two glazed doughnuts.
I was hungry as heck tonight after cleaning out the rain gutters 18 feet high on the extension ladder in the nasty wind. I love the cold, but not in the wind on top a ladder.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 J4bv

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 Eyrz

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 N25q

bethk

bethk
Admin

No ladders for me if I can avoid it, that's for sure! I figure that's what the wind is for, to clean out the gutters.

Lucky you ~ pizza and Krispy Kremes. That's close to your favorite meal in the whole world, isn't it?

NormM

NormM

I have a Locust tree shedding leaves all over the house. Those little suckers get in everything. Pretty soon I will have to get some of those leaf guards for my gutters. They clog them up big time.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Love the addition to cream cheese in your chicken salad, Barb. I sometimes add it to egg salad but didn't think about doing it to chicken. Tina's taters and the lima beans look fabulous!!!

Norm, our leaves are really hanging on this year, seems most of the trees at our new place are late to turn.

NormM

NormM

Yesterday morning I let the cat go outside while I ate breakfast on the back porch. My toast fell off my plate and of course landed jelly side down. I had only taken one bite from it. When I picked it up I had an open faced leaf sandwich.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 2876911673 if I drop toast or anything , pupper gets before I can get it or it has pet hair on it.

No change of leaves here.Crying or Very sad

In fact If I can get my back to let me ,I am planting some cabbages & pansy's & maybe a few mums for winter color.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ahhhhh, please don't be offended if I don't ask for THAT recipe, Norm. LOL

I think I need to go to the store today to see what's looking good. I'm kind of hungry for some seafood but it depends upon the $$ and availability.

Barbara101

Barbara101

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 4646773837_0d4c921970_b

chicken & dumplings.November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 3267860543 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Looks good, Barb ~ and I know where you got the idea !!!

I've got some butternut squash baking and some cod.....thinking I'll do some braised kale but maybe just a nice tossed salad. Yeah, I think the salad wins.

Barbara101

Barbara101

squash,cod ,salad cheers kale No alien 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love that I can pan fry the panko coated cod outside here. In Ohio it would be too cold at suppertime and the fish would end up cold before it got to our plates if I tried to cook on the grill side burner. But here all the smell is outside and it's easy~peasy to cook it through.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 110913

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

No big deal!

Just had two wimpies ( sloppy Joes ).

The right rolls would have made a better sandwich, but Tina couldn't find anything half way decent.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 Kt1a

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I did not do much these last few days.. I have a pulled muscle on my left thigh and it hurts like hell Evil or Very Mad  I was unable to move around the house.. my DH took good care of me.. made coffee and bought some granola bars for my breakfasts.. heated up some foods for dinners. today he grilled a whole chicken on the wood fire grill.. I feel much better today.. I was able to walk to my kitchen and prepare the chicken for grilling.. Hopefully I'll be fully recovered tomorrow.. it's no really no fun feeling helpless and miserable because of the terrible pain.. November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? - Page 4 1450907917

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, dear, Imelda....physical pain limitations are no fun. Just don't try to overdo things, there is plenty of time to get back to being in the kitchen. Good thing DH is able to help with your verbal instructions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum