Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen?

+6
Bugster2
Crybaby
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
NormM
bethk
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Seems like only yesterday it was January - where has the year gone?

I'll be freezer cooking all weekend. Today will be mashed potatoes and Salisbury steak for my Jake. Oh, and I have to bake a cake or cupcakes for him because his progress report just came out and he has ALL A's, well, 1 B, but an amazing turnaround for him and I couldn't be prouder of all the hard work he's done. So, banana bread and cupcakes, I think.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Darn, darn, DARN!

Does anyone have my banana bread recipe - the one made with sour cream that I copied and posted everywhere but where I can find it?

I've got my recipes on a thumb drive but I don't know how to do that with "her" IPad and sure as heck if I try something I'll mess it up and then I'll have one sulky DD....and Jake will be pretty PO'd at me a well!

If you have the recipe could you copy it over to quick breads for me please?  Thanks!

OK, no need to look for the banana bread recipe....I pulled one off the Internet that sounded like the one I make and made mini muffins - half without walnuts and half with.  I think my Jacob will be happy.

NormM

NormM

Posted before I read the last sentence you wrote.
Here are the ones I have, including one from Jimmy and the one from Grand Central is a bakery in Seattle

BANANA BREAD

3 1/2 C. ap flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp.salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 C. mashed bananas (4 to 6)
2 Tbs. lemon juice
3/4 C. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
3/4 C. milk
1/2 C chopped pecans or walnuts

sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda
mash bananas, add lemon juice and mix
cream shortening and sugar at medium speed.  Add eggs; beat 4 min.= light and fluffy
add dry ingredients alternately with milk, a little at a time until incorporated.
Fold in bananas and nuts, beat well
Pour into  2 greeased 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 “ loaf pans
Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until  wooden toothpick comes out clean.
Cool 10 minuted, turn out onto wire rack

When cool, wrap in foil or plastic and let stand in cool place overnight before slicing or freeze.
Makes 2 loaves

Retired Italian’s recipe  recd. Oct. 2009      from a Amish and mennonite cook book!

4-Cups ripe banana-cut fine
2 Eggs beaten
1-1/2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Oil---I use Wesson
1-tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Nuts, Chopped--(optional)
2 Cups Flour--------(General Purpose)
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt

1.-Cream banana, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla together until smooth. Stir in nuts.
2.-Sift together, flour, baking soda, and salt.
3.-Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending just until all ingredients are moistened. Do Not Over Mix!
4.-Bake at 350*F for 40~45 minutes in a 9"x 13" Pan.
Adding:I grease and lightly flour the pan.
-----------------------------------From Jimmy's DW's Library-

CHERRY BANANA BREAD          Makes 1 (9X5-inch) loaf

1 C.+1 T. AP Flour divided
1/2C. whole wheat flour
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tso, baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 C. vegetable oil
1/2 C. unsweetened applesauce
1 C. mashed banana (roughly 3 medium bananas)
1/2 C. dried cherries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9X5-inch loaf pan with nonstick vegetable spray.  combine ap flour, whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg in a small bowl; stir to blend.

Whisk together egg, egg whites, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Stir in applesauce and banana.  Blend in dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.   Toss dried cherries in remaining 1 T. flour; fold into batter.  spoon into prepared pan.  Bake 1 hour, or until set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Allow to stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool aon a wire rack.

per serving 171 cal.-27%from fat, 5g. total fat-1g. saturated fat, 16 mmg cholesterol, 29 g. carbohydrates, 3 g. protein, 125 mmg sodium, 2g. dietary fiber.

Banana Nut Bread from The Grand Central Baking Book
“I can’t think of a better way to use up overripe bananas. this nutty quick bread is especially delicious toasted with a schmeer of  crewm cheese.

4 Cups ( 1 pound, 4 ounces) all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Cups (14 ounces) granulated sugar
2/3 C. (5 fl. oz) vegetable or canola oil
2 1/2 C. ( 1 pound, 4 ounces) banana puree
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extracat
1 C. (8 fluid ounces) buttermilk
1 1/2 C. (6 ounces) walnuts,   lightly toasted and coarsely chopped.

Prepare to bake
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease and flour two 9X5-inch loaf pans

Combine dry ingredients
Measure flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl ans whisk to combine

Beat the sugar, oil, and bananas
Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar, oil and banana puree on medium high speed until mixture is lighter in color, about 3 minutes.

Add the eggs and vanilla
Cradk the eggs into a liquid measruing cup, add the vanilla and whisk together.  With the mixer on low speed, pour in the eggs.  Continue to mix until the eggs are fully incorporated.

Alternate additions of dry and wet ingredients
Add one third of the dry ingredients and mix briefly on low speed, then add half the buttermilk. Mix well and repeat, using half the remaining dry ingredients and the rest of the buttermilk. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix just until combined.

Add the nuts
Use a large spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and fold in  1 cup walnuts. scrape the bowl one more time and divide the batter between the two propared  pans. Sprinkle the loaves with the remaining 1/2 C, walnuts.

Bake
Bake for 30 minutes, then rotatae the pans and bake for 30 more minutes more. The loaves should be golden brown with cracked tops and a skewer inserted in the center should come out clean.

This is really good. Maybe you can substitute bananas

Zucchini Bread from mdhill

This is the best Zucchini Bread in the world. I saw it on Paula Deen's show
and everyone loves it. If you don't like nuts in your Zucchini Bread, just
leave them out. We do Smile

Ingredients

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg,
baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs,
water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and
fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1
hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf
pans for about 45 minutes

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

This morning was a crazy one.
The kitty had to go to the vets for her booster shot.
This was the second time visit since a few weeks when we had her spayed.

Dear Lord! The pet carrier sound set her off, but we cornered her in the bathroom to get her in it! She was like a greased pig trying to hold on to her! LOL

We had Pizza Hut personal pan pizza for lunch.

Supper???? ????? ????? .... Un Thought of as of now!

Had a super storm this morning.... Check out "Tina's" Tent!

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? Zqym

I wwould think it was time to take it down. What a PITA!

Barbara101

Barbara101

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 1393644_10202277546805564_97351240_n

82` today. Rolling Eyes

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 1375737_10200594280926903_1181531319_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Norm, thanks for the recipes. It just drives me crazy when I can't get the recipe I want - DD got a phone call because I knew the recipe had been downloaded to her computer. But wouldn't you know, her computer died and there was no way to access my recipes, even with the thumb drive. But the recipe I found was just fine and my GS will love 'em. Thanks anyway for copying the ones you did.

Barb, your steak looks super delicious! I was informed there is NO propane for grilling. I think tomorrow I'll just continue cooking for the freezer so it's no big deal to not be able to grill....it's a little too cool out there anyway.

Goodness, Jimmy, but the storm that blew thorough here last night must have made it all the way to YOUR house, too. What a mess to have to try to salvage...

The 10 yr. old is going to be in Hog Heaven - having his favorite meal in the whole world tonight, Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli. And Magic Milk. For dessert he'll have a few mini banana muffins with a candle in honor of his wonderful grade card. He's never been on the honor roll before and he's worked really hard to do so good. We're all SO proud of him.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I was informed there is NO propane for grilling.

I still use those small bottles you screw on.man I get 15 or 20 cooks from one.

thanks.

it could be hotter but 82` in Nov lol.Guess it looks like flip flops all winter.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, Norm, thanks for the recipes.  It just drives me crazy when I can't get the recipe I want - DD got a phone call because I knew the recipe had been downloaded to her computer.  But wouldn't you know, her computer died and there was no way to access my recipes, even with the thumb drive.  But the recipe I found was just fine and my GS will love 'em.  Thanks anyway for copying the ones you did.

Barb, your steak looks super delicious!  I was informed there is NO propane for grilling.  I think tomorrow I'll just continue cooking for the freezer so it's no big deal to not be able to grill....it's a little too cool out there anyway.

Goodness, Jimmy, but the storm that blew thorough here last night must have made it all the way to YOUR house, too.  What a mess to have to try to salvage...

The 10 yr. old is going to be in Hog Heaven - having his favorite meal in the whole world tonight, Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.  And Magic Milk.  For dessert he'll have a few mini banana muffins with a candle in honor of his wonderful grade card.  He's never been on the honor roll before and he's worked really hard to do so good.  We're all SO proud of him.
You tell GS Aunt Tina and Uncle Jimmy in New Jersey, are really proud of his "A's" . That one "B" in my books cancels out, and becomes a "A" because the A's Outnumber the B.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was wishing for a Johnsonville Hot Link, but the store didn't have any. Tina bought Hillshire.

Not Hot / Greasy / could be just a hot dog.

Have to try different stores.

See how the darn buns just crumbled apart?

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 26ki

Tina made an awesome apple pie. No runny water on the bottom either!

It was great. She used Empire Apples.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? Qf5s

bethk

bethk
Admin

NICE pie.

Did you have ice cream to go with it???

Barbara101

Barbara101

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 940422454 November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 4137497845 

pie..November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 3470128989 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:NICE pie.

Did you have ice cream to go with it???
NO ice cream. Sad 

T baby used a P-bury crust in the box.
She cooked the apple slices in apple juice and cornstarch.
She added small amounts of sugar in the apple layers.
baked in one of those ceramic pie dishes.

You know what?... I think we have ice cream sandwiches in the freezer!

HMMMM...pie alamode!!!!...ummmmmm!! let me look. . . . Nope! Mad 

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jimmy, tell Tina that pie looked divine. In fact, it's cool today (high is supposed to be 68 but it's nice and breezy, too) so I might surprise Brian and make him an apple pie, too.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:Jimmy, tell Tina that pie looked divine.  In fact, it's cool today (high is supposed to be 68 but it's nice and breezy, too) so I might surprise Brian and make him an apple pie, too.  
Great that you would make a pie for Brian. Nothing like making it at home and filling the air with such aroma.

I'll tell Tina about the compliment on the pie.

Next, I want rhubarb, and then Mincemeat squares. Mom used to make the mincemeat squares a lot, but we weren't allowed to eat it on a Friday. No meat on Fridays for Catholics. Now we could, but I still refrain from it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today's supper is gonna be fillet steaks grilled outside, and baked sweet potato for me, and baked regular potato for Tina. Have Butternut squash I want peeled and cubed and just boiled; and then buttered and salt and pepper. Tina has to mash hers with a fork. She's a food mash before eating kind of person. I don't look!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have some beer brats(johnsonville) in the works. grilling them.With sweet potato fries. November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 3267860543 

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:Great that you would make a pie for Brian. Nothing like making it at home and filling the air with such aroma.

Good, I wanted Tina to know how pretty it was. And Brian just left for errands so I might get the pie going while he's gone. He's funny, as he too cooks but he gets under my skin sometimes as when I'm still having my morning coffee, he'll ask me either "What's for dinner tonight?" or "What can I cook?" I often have to remind him how many leftovers we have in the fridge.

I remember when I was young and we'd be sitting at the table eating dinner, my dad would often ask, "What're we having tomorrow?" It would drive my mom crazy (she thought it was kind of gross to be eating and talking about what you'd be eating later) so I guess I take after her.

Crybaby

Crybaby

As I said in October's "what's cooking" area, Brian often bugs me about what's for dinner (when I'm having my morning coffee)!  Sometimes I break out a cooking magazine (I only get Bon Appetit and Cook's Illustrated now) and show him a recipe that interested me, or I grab a cookbook and try to get him interested in a recipe in there.  

Since he's a master griller/smoker, I recently was re-reading a Cook's mag and saw this recipe for what they referred to as "naked grilled chicken," so named as they removed the skin so as to avoid flare-ups while cooking the chicken on the grill.  We didn't have a whole chicken but his nibs made it his business to get to the store and get one.  He made this recipe pretty much on his own (I put the slits in the chicken as he didn't want to do that and wanted to see how I'd do it).  

This chicken was absolutely delicious.  Of course, you have to like lemon, which we do.  We have chicken a lot and as Brian knows, I'm pretty sick of sweet sauces on chicken.  So this was perfect.  The recipe looks like a lot of work but it really isn't and both of us liked it so much that he immediately went out and bought two more whole chickens, one for the fridge and one for the freezer.  Before he left on his errands this morning, he asked me what we were having and I told him he cook make this again and he was tickled pink, saying he was eyeing that whole chicken in the fridge.  

Grilled Lemon Chicken with Rosemary
Serves 4.  Recipe from Cook’s Illustrated, May/June 2013.

1 (3-1/2 to 4 lb.) whole chicken, giblets saved for another purpose
3/4 cup sugar
Salt and pepper
2 lemons
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter

1.  With chicken breast side down, using kitchen shears, cut through bones on either side of backbone; discard backbone.  Flip chicken over and press on breastbone to flatten.  Using fingers and shears (and paper towel to grip, if necessary), peel skin off chicken, leaving skin on wings.
2.  Tuck wings behind back.  Turn legs so drumsticks face inward toward breasts.   Using chef’s knife, cut 1/2-inch deep slits, spaced 1/2-inch apart, in breasts and legs.  Insert skewer through thigh of 1 leg, into bottom of breast, and through thigh of second leg.  Insert second skewer, about 1 inch lower, through thigh and drumstick of 1 leg and then through thigh and drumstick of second leg.
3.  Dissolve sugar and 3/4 cup salt in 3 quarts cold water in large, wide container.  Submerge chicken in brine, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
4.  Zest lemon (you should have 2 Tablespoons grated zest).  Juice 1 lemon (you should have 3 Tablespoons juice) and quarter remaining lemon lengthwise.  Combine zest, oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons rosemary, 1 teaspoon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in small bowl; set aside.  Heat butter, remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, remaining 1/2 teaspoon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and ingredients are combined.  Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice; leave mixture in saucepan.
5.  Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels.  With chicken skinned side down, rub 1/2 teaspoon zest mixture over surface of legs.  Flip chicken over and rub remaining zest mixture evenly over entire surface, making sure to work mixture into slits.
6A.  For a Charcoal Grill:  Open bottom vent completely.  Light large chimney mounded with charcoal briquettes (7 quarts).  When top coals are partially covered with ash, pour evenly over half of grill.  Set cooking grate in place, over, and open lid vent completely.  Heat grill until hot, about 5 minutes.
6B.  For a Gas Grill:  Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes.  Leave primary burner on high and turn off other burner(s).  
7.  Clean and oil cooking grate.  Place chicken, skinned side down, and lemon quarters over hotter part of grill.  Cover and cook until chicken and lemon quarters are well browned, 8 to 10 minutes.  Transfer lemon quarters to bowl and set aside.  Flip chicken over and brush with one-third of butter mixture (place saucepan over cooler side of grill if mixture has solidified).  Cover chicken loosely with aluminum foil.  Continue to cook, covered, until chicken is well browned on second side, 8 to 10 minutes.
8.  Remove foil and slide chicken to cooler side of grill.  Brush with half of remaining butter mixture, and re-cover with foil.  Continue to cook, covered, until breasts register 160 degrees and thighs/drumsticks register 175 degrees, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
9.  Transfer chicken to carving board, brush with remaining butter mixture, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.  Carve into pieces and serve with reserved lemon quarters.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:As I said in October's "what's cooking" area, Brian often bugs me about what's for dinner (when I'm having my morning coffee)!  Sometimes I break out a cooking magazine (I only get Bon Appetit and Cook's Illustrated now) and show him a recipe that interested me, or I grab a cookbook and try to get him interested in a recipe in there.  

Since he's a master griller/smoker, I recently was re-reading a Cook's mag and saw this recipe for what they referred to as "naked grilled chicken," so named as they removed the skin so as to avoid flare-ups while cooking the chicken on the grill.  We didn't have a whole chicken but his nibs made it his business to get to the store and get one.  He made this recipe pretty much on his own (I put the slits in the chicken as he didn't want to do that and wanted to see how I'd do it).  

This chicken was absolutely delicious.  Of course, you have to like lemon, which we do.  We have chicken a lot and as Brian knows, I'm pretty sick of sweet sauces on chicken.  So this was perfect.  The recipe looks like a lot of work but it really isn't and both of us liked it so much that he immediately went out and bought two more whole chickens, one for the fridge and one for the freezer.  Before he left on his errands this morning, he asked me what we were having and I told him he cook make this again and he was tickled pink, saying he was eyeing that whole chicken in the fridge.  

Grilled Lemon Chicken with Rosemary
Serves 4.  Recipe from Cook’s Illustrated, May/June 2013.

1 (3-1/2 to 4 lb.) whole chicken, giblets saved for another purpose
3/4 cup sugar
Salt and pepper
2 lemons
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter

1.  With chicken breast side down, using kitchen shears, cut through bones on either side of backbone; discard backbone.  Flip chicken over and press on breastbone to flatten.  Using fingers and shears (and paper towel to grip, if necessary), peel skin off chicken, leaving skin on wings.
2.  Tuck wings behind back.  Turn legs so drumsticks face inward toward breasts.   Using chef’s knife, cut 1/2-inch deep slits, spaced 1/2-inch apart, in breasts and legs.  Insert skewer through thigh of 1 leg, into bottom of breast, and through thigh of second leg.  Insert second skewer, about 1 inch lower, through thigh and drumstick of 1 leg and then through thigh and drumstick of second leg.
3.  Dissolve sugar and 3/4 cup salt in 3 quarts cold water in large, wide container.  Submerge chicken in brine, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
4.  Zest lemon (you should have 2 Tablespoons grated zest).  Juice 1 lemon (you should have 3 Tablespoons juice) and quarter remaining lemon lengthwise.  Combine zest, oil, 1-1/2 teaspoons rosemary, 1 teaspoon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in small bowl; set aside.  Heat butter, remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, remaining 1/2 teaspoon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and ingredients are combined.  Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice; leave mixture in saucepan.
5.  Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels.  With chicken skinned side down, rub 1/2 teaspoon zest mixture over surface of legs.  Flip chicken over and rub remaining zest mixture evenly over entire surface, making sure to work mixture into slits.
6A.  For a Charcoal Grill:  Open bottom vent completely.  Light large chimney mounded with charcoal briquettes (7 quarts).  When top coals are partially covered with ash, pour evenly over half of grill.  Set cooking grate in place, over, and open lid vent completely.  Heat grill until hot, about 5 minutes.
6B.  For a Gas Grill:  Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes.  Leave primary burner on high and turn off other burner(s).  
7.  Clean and oil cooking grate.  Place chicken, skinned side down, and lemon quarters over hotter part of grill.  Cover and cook until chicken and lemon quarters are well browned, 8 to 10 minutes.  Transfer lemon quarters to bowl and set aside.  Flip chicken over and brush with one-third of butter mixture (place saucepan over cooler side of grill if mixture has solidified).  Cover chicken loosely with aluminum foil.  Continue to cook, covered, until chicken is well browned on second side, 8 to 10 minutes.
8.  Remove foil and slide chicken to cooler side of grill.  Brush with half of remaining butter mixture, and re-cover with foil.  Continue to cook, covered, until breasts register 160 degrees and thighs/drumsticks register 175 degrees, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
9.  Transfer chicken to carving board, brush with remaining butter mixture, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.  Carve into pieces and serve with reserved lemon quarters.
My son and Daughter are lemon lovers. This would be a great one for Jr. He hates sweet, and won't eat BBQ sauce on chicken.

I will have to make this for him; but Tina will have to prep the chicken. She's the meat lady.

Son will not eat a shrimp unless he squeezes lemon juice on each one as he eats them.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:Great that you would make a pie for Brian. Nothing like making it at home and filling the air with such aroma.

Good, I wanted Tina to know how pretty it was.  And Brian just left for errands so I might get the pie going while he's gone.  He's funny, as he too cooks but he gets under my skin sometimes as when I'm still having my morning coffee, he'll ask me either "What's for dinner tonight?" or "What can I cook?"  I often have to remind him how many leftovers we have in the fridge.  

I remember when I was young and we'd be sitting at the table eating dinner, my dad would often ask, "What're we having tomorrow?"  It would drive my mom crazy (she thought it was kind of gross to be eating and talking about what you'd be eating later) so I guess I take after her.

Oh! My Goodness! That is so funny. As a matter of fact, Tina does the same thing to me when I wake up in the morning. She will have been up since 6 o'clock and I get up around 8:30 after going to sleep at 3 or so in the morning. She will ask while rubbing her hands ,"What Do you think we should make for supper tonight?"

I'm like Food Filled from the night before, I burp peanut butter and or whatever I had that is not even completely digested yet, and she brings up the supper thing.

I tell her,"Please may I open my eye's and at least get my tongue unstuck from my dry mouth first!" Crying or Very sad 

Maybe two hours later, then I can think a little. Shocked Mad 

Today's example, I suggested I grill steaks on the grill. Now that was this morning. She is down her other uncles delivering raisin bread she got at Sams Club, and she needed another curtain valence at the curtain shop there.
She calls me to say she bout a veal pocket, and asked me if I would make the stuffing so she can have stuffed Veal pocket.

I don't like veal pocket so I guess I get to eat the steaks.

Barbara101

Barbara101

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 252467_118179821599945_3324949_n

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 1385199_607475745977678_1634371833_n

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 1385250_769664409717559_1093467816_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby, that chicken sounds like a perfect grilled creation.  I'd leave the skin on....I'm a chicken skin lover to be sure.  And on my new Char Broil grill my chicken has never flared up.

Barb's brats are going to have everyone fix in' those in the next few days.  I can't remember the last time I made sweet potato fries - now I want some!

Jimmy, I don't think I've ever had a veal roast.  The only thing I make with veal is Veal Picatta, and I really like that, although chicken is a much less and acceptable substitute.

Tonight I made "real" fried chicken for the 3 crybaby people in the house.  If I wouldn't have had a personal maid to clean up the kitchen it would have been out of the question....I hate the mess.  But it was good, Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes & Pan Gravy and Penzey Seasoned Green Beans.  The whiners are all happy and full.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I hate the mess

me too. I won't make it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara, those Brats are lookin mighty good.

I made steaks for us tonight.
I ate a baked potato made in the microwave. It was awesome.
I ate 2 and 1/2 of the steaks. They were tender sirloins from the whole sirloin Tina bought a couple days ago.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? Duk9

Tina here is cutting a pocket in the veal so she can stuff it.
I made the bread stuffing for her.

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? 2i5e

November, 2013 - what's cooking in the kitchen? O41

It's in the oven cooking slow. She will be picking at it tonight late.
The good news is we gain an hour . I turned all the clocks back already. LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday I pulled a 4 1/2 lb. rib roast out of the freezer, knowing DD would never roast it. So today we'll have a "holiday" meal to make up for the meal I won't be here to cook.

There are quite a few leftovers in the refrigerator that I should probably package up to freeze - then all that needs to be done is an overnight thaw in the refrigerator and a quick reheat in the microwave so DD can have a meal ready in minutes on a night when the 10 yr. old has karate class or some other evening event. I'm sure they will all prefer a warmed up meal instead of pizza....well, maybe.

I also want to pre-cook some chicken fingers (done with panko) so GS can brown them off in the toaster oven after school. He's allowed to cook in the microwave and toaster oven (both turn off automatically) so something that will reheat in either is good for him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum