Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2023 — happy new year

+3
Cookin Lore
bethk
JanaAZ
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:45 pm

Cookin Lore

I must call the grocery store near where my son lives, they sometimes have grouper. It's not available in my area, Michael and Amy live about 45 miles away and it might be a reason for me to get grouper, and visit them also. A local store did tell me some time ago that they could get it for me if I ordered a whole fish. I love grouper!

bethk likes this post

127January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Cookin Lore wrote:I must call the grocery store near where my son lives, they sometimes have grouper.  It's not available in my area, Michael and Amy live about 45 miles away and it might be a reason for me to get grouper, and visit them also.  A local store did tell me some time ago that they could get it for me if I ordered a whole fish.  I love grouper!

Many times the whole grouper in Florida is over 100 pounds!  I hope they're talking about a much smaller fish.........LOL!

I like when they have 1" thick filets ~ usually around a pound & a half or 2 pounds per fillet.  I'm still upset the other guy at the fish market got the Hog Fish I wanted ~ it's very similar to grouper but snow white fillets and super tasting.  A couple times ago they only had a small grouper fillet and it wasn't as good as I usually get ~ there's probably 10 or more varieties of the fish and, just my luck, I pick a time when they have 'fishy' tasting grouper filets......((   sigh   ))

128January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:33 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Today was thanksgiving all over again. 12 lb butterball turkey we had in the freezer.
The rest was all the usual like mashed potatoes, gravy and etc, etc. etc...

bethk likes this post

129January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:47 pm

Cookin Lore

I surely don't want 100 pounds of grouper! LOL

bethk likes this post

130January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Chicken breast tenders and lentil salad with cucumber, red pepper, parsley, green onions, and snap peas!"

January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 01_30_13

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

131January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:16 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've got leftovers that need to be eaten......

so we'll have empanadas tonight.

132January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was tomato soup and griddled cheese sandwich.

bethk likes this post

133January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:27 am

Cookin Lore

For picture of my dinner last night, just check the post from the day before. Leftover chicken and lentils. there's a bit for lunch today too. I only cooked one cup of lentils, but they really puff up. Next time, half a cup only. I really don't like anything three days in a row. LOL

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

134January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight will be ...... fishy fishy in the brook; daddy caught him on a hook, mommy cooked him
in the pan, and baby ate him like a man! 🐟

bethk likes this post

135January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yesterday I went out and got our first picking of peapods from the patio pot. I would have had more for supper but I ate probably as many as I picked to have for our supper.....they are SO good! HE will probably start another pot for a second crop ~ he only puts 3 seeds in a pot and it's usually enough for 4 or 5 meals before they're done producing. It's much better than having a garden full and having to blanch/dry/freeze.

So tonight was beef & peapods ~ added some onion, bok choy & carrots (for color ~ you know me!) It was the perfect supper for a warm evening.

January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 01_31_17

136January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:48 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie called his mom to ask about how she make bulbogi soup.  She makes ox (beef) bone soup.  It is a base for many Korean soups.  The recipe I have says to boil the bones for around six hour and to use the bones three times with fresh water each time.  It makes a lot but it boils down to maybe under a gallon.  I spent three days making it and today heated up a small pan of it with some noodles, green onion and bulgogi.  I also had a chuck roast in the slow cooker. I forgot to take pictures until it was almost gone.

January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Img_0613January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Img_0615

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

137January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:59 pm

Cookin Lore

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Tonight will be ...... fishy fishy in the brook; daddy caught him on a hook, mommy cooked him
in the pan, and baby ate him like a man! 🐟

THat's great!

138January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Stir fry of unions, mushrooms, red pepper and pea pods, shrimp in cream sauce over egg noodles. I sent two pictures because everything looks so colorful before adding the cream!"

January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 01_31_18

January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 01_31_10

139January 2023 — happy new year  - Page 6 Empty Re: January 2023 — happy new year Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:01 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Closing January ~ How time flies!!!

Please move on to February, 2023.........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum