Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins! Is it getting hot in the kitchen???

+3
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lyn & I told Bill & Dane we wanted to take them out to eat to celebrate Father's Day ~ and they bought it!

LOL

Lyn & I just didn't want to cook.

She's doing pretty well considering it's only been a week and a half since her hip replacement surgery. She's glad it's the last knee or hip she has to have replaced....this one has been tough on her because of the physical therapy. Like she said, she's no spring chicken!

But, another few weeks and she'll be back to normal and this will all be in the past.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had a great fathers day. Lobster tails and shrimps and deviled eggs that Maria made, was delicious. Tina made it back home at 4 / ~~ or so from visiting her brother who was rushed there the other day. He lives in Point Pleasant, and she made it in record time; considering the nice day, and the Holiday and tomorrows Juneteenth.

bethk likes this post

JanaAZ

Beth....i found my recipes for the scallion pancakes but this site won't post the photos that are in the doc. I'll PM them to you or PM me your email address so you can have the photos laid out properly

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Judy ~ I just sent you an email....

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made ribs on the gas grill tonight. It was just too hot to have the oven on in the house. I covered a small pan with foil and put the ribs on a rack so I could add a small can of Coca Cola to steam them. Then I browned them up and finished them with BBQ sauce I mixed together.

Added a baked sweet potato & some corn that I started in the microwave (to remove the silks) and then browned a bit on the grill ~ finally cutting the corn off the cob because HE prefers corn cut.

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 06_20_14

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 06_20_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a pot of chicken soup for supper tonight.
Lunch was Chinese pork fried rice, and egg rolls ....
Also, a small container of boneless pork ribs.

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:Judy ~ I just sent you an email....

I didn’t get an email from you. I wonder if you used my simplyimpressive email address which is no longer valid

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:
bethk wrote:Judy ~ I just sent you an email....

I didn’t get an email from you. I wonder if you used my simplyimpressive email address which is no longer valid

Why, yes I did.....I'll do a message here on the forum to you.....

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Panko crusted rainbow trout fillet, sweet potato and local asparagus. First time for me for getting the panko. Not sure they are worth the extra money."

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 06_21_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had French toast for breakfast. Lunch will be late, but just pick & pick of whatever of leftovers.
No clue for supper!....

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I drove Lyn to Orlando for her '13-day' post hip surgery appointment. We got there early and had brunch, then went to Trader Joe's (love that place!) and then after the appointment (where everything was just fine....) we stopped for a coffee.

So, no desire for supper.

HE will find something. I'll just go slip into a comfy nightgown and sit around for the rest of the evening.

And all is right in my world!

LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight, too lazy to cook, it was crackers and cheese, some smoked salmon liver wurst, tomatoes and radish. Yumm!"

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 06_21_15

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It was leftover soup, a piece of pound cake, and a baby ice cream cone for dessert.

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

I don't remember whether or not I mentioned a new cookbook that has a lot of recipes I have been trying. It is written by one of the cast members on BBQ Pit Masters TV show. It is called Cool Smoke.

I grilled a steak the same way I always do and then gave it a glaze with bacon and butter and reduced balsamic vinegar. I poured the butter and fat off of the bacon and crisped the bacon and added it to the twice baked potatoes.June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 20220615

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

You had me at BACON........

Looks really good!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Chicken cutlets, boiled potatoes & red beets.....

Dane took his sister to a doctor's appointment today ~ she's doing much better than she was a few weeks ago. It's good not to worry about her health.

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 06_22_13

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Leftovers ..... Scallops / eggplant / cherries / and cookies !

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Chicken thighs, stir fried rice with peppers, onion, snap peas, added way too much soy sau e to the rice/veggies, it was like drinking the sauce.

Oh well, I wasn't very hungry anyway, baked some gluten free biscuits as a trial and had to test.

I think I mentioned that fishing son has invested in a local craft brewery, and they are opening a brew pub. DIL Lisa, is gluten sensitive, so Danny "insists" they have a gluten free option in a sandwich type food. So, yesterday he asked can I bake up some and bring them to the brewery on Friday as samples.

so, I did two test runs yesterday. Will have a couple for breakfast, then I need to go shopping for some fresh supplies. And haircut today.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made tuna salad for my lunch ~ Dane always seems interested when he sees the pack of tuna come out of the pantry. But once I get started making it 'MY' way, he just turns up his nose and walks away.

When he did that today he went to the pantry and got a can of sardines & crackers....something I turn MY nose up about......

I make tuna salad the way my mom made it. I'm sure she started adding things to the tuna to stretch the small can of fish for herself & 4 kids. But it always included hard cooked eggs and chopped celery. The eggs were always plentiful on the farm because we raised chickens for that purpose.

Today I had a small envelope of tuna, chopped 2 stalks of celery, grated the leftover half a carrot, minced about 1-1/2 tsp. of onion and grated in 4 hard cooked eggs ~ moistened it all with a few spoonfuls of Miracle Whip.

OK, so I admit ~ it's more like egg salad with a bit of tuna flavoring.......

but that's the way I like it and that's the way I'll continue to make it just for me!

(I eat it with Club Crackers and enjoy every bite)

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hey, Jimmy!

Remember when Evelyn told us about using apple cider vinegar to stop her diabetes & blood sugar problems?

I've discussed it with my friend, Lyn, as she got prescribed Metformin a few years ago. She's still, technically, in the 'pre' diabetes diagnosis but she really does try to watch her diet and avoids her trigger foods, like pasta, breads & other carbs.

Since she's been home recovering from her hip replacement surgery she's been eating a lot of the 'half-sour' pickles she has always loved. They're like a really mild dill pickle. Anyway, she's probably eating at least one pickle per day.

And she said for the last two weeks (since her surgery & not going out to eat regularly) her morning blood sugar readings have been the lowest she's had in years.

I think Evelyn was really on to something (although it didn't do a whole lot for me ~ but I wasn't consistent with having it, I'm sure).

bethk

bethk
Admin

I pulled the last of the rotisserie chicken out of the freezer. I don't like to leave stuff like that in for long because it tends to get 'lost' and then gets tossed.

I decided it was a good night for a casserole of Chicken Enchiladas ~ although, by my pic you'll see it just looks like a big pile of stuff.....but under it all was two rolled up flour tortillas with the chicken filling.

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 06_23_14

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We had spaghetti with sausage and meatballs.
Lemon chiffon pie for dessert.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

Leftover meatloaf, sprouts and baby potatoes. I love meatloaf, but just have not found THE RECIPE

NormM

NormM

Chatlie asked for a BBQ party for his birthday in a few weeks. That is why I am trying some new smoke recipes. Yesterday was a new recipe for ribs.June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 20220616

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

ZERO THOUGHTS for todays meals. Tina is at the dr's now, and DD is filling in work for her friend today....
The only ones fed, are the cats so far!.. June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 4 1f604

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum