Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins! Is it getting hot in the kitchen???

+3
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I'm not one for all the bells and whistles on a car, or anything.
I remember when dad bought a new Pontiac Tempest, and he cut the seat belts out of the car. He went to get the car inspected, and the garage said, "hey jim, where are the seat belts?"..... he laughed, and said,"well, start to cry, because I am not allowed to pass your car inspection without them!"

What grabs my goat, is the way Christine and Maria fling and abuse the key fobs. ...... I just repeat saying, "$400.00 hanging on that lanyard !!!"

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Ziti with tomatoes .for supper.
Éclair for dessert.

bethk likes this post

Cookin Lore

I am embarassed! I just realized that I didn't say thanks for the birthday wishes last week! So, thanks ever so much! It was a quiet day for me. Doing a morning shift at the thrift store where they sang happy birthday to me and one other woman! Son Danny;s birthday is two days after mine, so we went out for lunch on Sunday. I had a lovely lamb shank, nobody wanted dessert, so no b-day cake for us. We are not a sweets eating family. Hubby ate all the sweets in my family, LOL

I need to get my computer checked out, had a notice from Microsoft that my wifi is "unreliable".

bethk likes this post

NormM

NormM

Lore, be careful about notices from Microsoft. In the past I have got notices from Microsoft that I had a problem with my computer. I knew that was a fake because I don't have a computer than runs of Microsoft. I have and Apple.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Lore ~ I, too, have received bogus 'notices' about my Microsoft, my outlook email, my server, my wifi, etc.

NEVER EVER CLICK ON A LINK IN THESE NOTICES!

If you can 'copy & paste' the key words and check them in google ~ doing a search of others who might have gotten the same warnings ~ you may very well find it's a scam and you should delete the email.

Often you can tell just from who the 'real' sender is by just having the cursor close the the printed name (the name reads 'Microsoft' but the name of the sender is 'joeman@hotmail.com' or some such thing).

As Norm stated, it's usually just a scare tactic to have their email acknowledged.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina is cold, so she made a pot of Italian wedding soup...

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Easy supper tonight ~ especially since I had everything prepared and ready to cook LAST NIGHT when my plans suddenly changed.

I made a Ham & Asparagus Frittata with onion & tomato and tossed an Arugula Watermelon Salad (with onion rings), adding feta cheese to HIS.

All in all, it was a pretty tasty supper. The frittata was a bit watery, most likely from the fresh tomatoes I used. But it was really a good choice for a hot night.

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 06_16_13

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 06_16_14

Cookin Lore

NormM wrote:Lore, be careful about notices from Microsoft.  In the past I have got notices from Microsoft that I had a problem with my computer.  I knew that was a fake because I don't have a computer than runs of Microsoft. I have and Apple.

Thanks, I didn't look at it, but I have been having problems with my wifi lately.  Not only with the computer, but also when my iPhone wants to connect.  I never click on anything like that.  Had a phone call today also supposedly from Amazon concerned about my account! Like Amazon looks at my account for fraudulent charges! LOL I am going to call my provider to check things out.

PS. Leftovers for me tonight. I made a stirfry of onions, peppers, snap peas, shrimp and scallops last night, served with cream over tagliatelli. Too much, of course, so that's dinner tonight again!

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have been getting telephone calls about my Amazon account.....

I DON'T HAVE AN AMAZON ACCOUNT.

They always want me to confirm my credit card number.....

NOPE!

Hahahahahaha!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I reheated leftovers of the red beans & rice, collard greens & cornbread.

Actually, better tasting the second time around.......or I was really hungry ~ not sure which.

LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Pan fried, breaded chicken cutlet and air fried veggies. Yum. And just for fun, me, the on baker baked a cake. Just a simple lemony pound cake. At my volunteering job, we have a coffee break in the shift. We have packaged things, but sometimes someone brings something home made. This will be my addition tomorrow morning. It smells really good in here! Lol"

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 06_17_12

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 06_17_13

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It will be eggplant moussaka tonight.

bethk and JanaAZ like this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

13:38:51
Tomorrow will be happy fathers day. Jim Jr. is in Orlando FL to see a concert they paid for 2 years ago, and covid- 19 caused it to be cancelled.
DD will be here, but sadly, Tina will be in south Jersey to see her
brother. He was hospitalized yesterday for bleeding. They gave him two units
of blood, and today he has a colon scope scheduled.

Happy fathers day to all the fathers out there.

bethk, cookingirl and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Happy Father's Day to Jimmy & Norm!

NormM, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I was sent an email and asked about the status of our friend, Bugster (Debbie).

I've been putting off an internet search ~ just because I really didn't want to see what I found.

I am sad to share that Debbie passed away on June 02 of this year.

The very short obituary I found just stated she was born on March 22, 1954 and died June 02, 2022. Age 68.

She last posted on the forum in our March 30th post (which was technically April 1st but we hadn't started the April thread when she posted.) She simply stated she wasn't doing any cooking and she had a feeding tube.

May she Rest in Peace......(and out of pain)

Imelda HL likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

May she rest in peace. So sad....

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had Ladies' Lunch today so I really wasn't in a mood for any food.....but I knew HE would want something. So, burgers on the grill with some tri-color slaw. HE had his as a cheeseburger on a bun and added some chips.

And that, as they say, is supper!

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 06_18_15

cookingirl

cookingirl

bethk wrote:I was sent an email and asked about the status of our friend, Bugster (Debbie).

I've been putting off an internet search ~ just because I really didn't want to see what I found.

The very short obituary I found just stated she was born on March 22, 1954 and died June 02, 2022.  Age 68.

She last posted on the forum in our March 30th post (which was technically April 1st but we hadn't started the April thread when she posted.)  She simply stated she wasn't doing any cooking and she had a feeding tube.  

d

May She Rest In Peace, now being pain free.. poor thing.. Sound as if she had a really tuff life....

I will say a prayer for her...

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

JanaAZ

I’ve been in a bak8ng mood lately so I’ve been making bagels like they’re going out of style. Everybody has been dipping into my “stash”. Then we had an anniversary cake which was Victoria sponge cake mits been a pain to make at altitude but I think I got it this time. And the tastiest of all was my take on a mud pie. So easy and so darn tasty

Now I’ve moved on to Asian so today I made scallion pancakes and am getting ready to make some egg rolls. They’ll hit the freezer for when a friend comes over later this week. It never ends

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 Deb0e510
June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 A1a36d10
June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 795b8010

bethk and cookingirl like this post

NormM

NormM

Sad news about Debbie.

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

JanaAZ wrote:I’ve been in a bak8ng mood lately so I’ve been making bagels like they’re going out of style. Everybody has been dipping into my “stash”. Then we had an anniversary cake which was Victoria sponge cake mits been a pain to make at altitude but I think I got it this time. And the tastiest of all was my take on a mud pie. So easy and so darn tasty

Now I’ve moved on to Asian so today I made scallion pancakes and am getting ready to make some egg rolls. They’ll hit the freezer for when a friend comes over later this week. It never ends

I hope you did a photo journal of your scallion pancakes ~ I keep thinking it's on my 'bucket list' of things to make. I remember when I did the gyoza & egg rolls (we were still living in Ohio....). Everything was delicious but it was SO MUCH WORK!!! Now I just order them when I'm out! LOL

MY bagels didn't turn out nearly as nice as yours (no big surprise....) I did some little 'bagel bites' ~ the dough rolled into snakes, cut into 1" pieces, boiled, seasoned & baked. Took them to a party with a couple dips ~ GONE in minutes! The flavor of the fresh homemade bagels was SO much better than anything I've ever bought.

But the Victoria sponge cake is way more work than I want to do. But keep the pics coming ~ love living vicariously through you! LOL

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. A very large salad of bits of everything green and red I had in my fridge, topped with feta and some marinated baby octopus and squid rings."

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 3 06_18_16

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:
JanaAZ wrote:I’ve been in a bak8ng mood lately so I’ve been making bagels like they’re going out of style. Everybody has been dipping into my “stash”. Then we had an anniversary cake which was Victoria sponge cake mits been a pain to make at altitude but I think I got it this time. And the tastiest of all was my take on a mud pie. So easy and so darn tasty

I hope you did a photo journal of your scallion pancakes ~ I keep thinking it's on my 'bucket list' of things to make.  I remember when I did the gyoza & egg rolls (we were still living in Ohio....).  Everything was delicious but it was SO MUCH WORK!!!  Now I just order them when I'm out!  LOL

MY bagels didn't turn out nearly as nice as yours (no big surprise....)  I did some little 'bagel bites' ~ the dough rolled into snakes, cut into 1" pieces, boiled, seasoned & baked.  Took them to a party with a couple dips ~ GONE in minutes!  The flavor of the fresh homemade bagels was SO much better than anything I've ever bought.

But the Victoria sponge cake is way more work than I want to do.  But keep the pics coming ~ love living vicariously through you!  LOL

Last time I made the pancakes, I took photos of each stage. They’re not hard, but are time consuming (about 5 minutes each for the final rolling

Thr bagels aren’t difficult either. My problem initially was altitude, but you don’t have that problem.

Cookin Lore

cookingirl wrote:
bethk wrote:I was sent an email and asked about the status of our friend, Bugster (Debbie).

The very short obituary I found just stated she was born on March 22, 1954 and died June 02, 2022.  Age 68.

She last posted on the forum in our March 30th post (which was technically April 1st but we hadn't started the April thread when she posted.)  She simply stated she wasn't doing any cooking and she had a feeding tube.  

d

May She Rest In Peace, now being pain free.. poor thing.. Sound as if she had a really tuff life....

I will say a prayer for her...

Yes, indeed, may she rest in peace. Isn't it amazing how this interesting and sometimes aggravating thing called the INTERNET can find people and with a few posts we have friends in far flung places. I have learned a lot from my friends here. so Thanks..

JanaAZ

Omg so sad. We’ve had so many friends pass away lately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum