Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins! Is it getting hot in the kitchen???

+3
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:I had plans to make steak salad tonight ~ but it will be tomorrow night's supper.

Neighbor Jim called and asked if we wanted to go out to Lopez Country Club for 'Twin Lobster Tail' super.  

How could we possibly turn down that offer?

LOL

Lucky you! Yes, it would be impossibly rude to turn that offer down. But, I have read here often enough about neighbour Jim being invited for supper at your place that I'm quite sure he gets his share of home cooked things.

I tried to make a Cobb salad today, I had chicken from last night. Salad turned out yummy, but doesn't look like a real Cobb salad. I ran out of room in my bowl. Frisee lettuce, cuc, red pepper, tomato, marinated artichoke hearts, olives and a blue cheese dressing, and chicken breast of course.. I cooked an egg for the salad, but it was too soft to cut and put on the plate, so I just ate it as is.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner tonight. My attempt at a Cobb salad!"

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 6 06_29_13

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

Cookin Lore

bethk wrote:From Lore:

"Dinner tonight. My attempt at a Cobb salad!"

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 6 06_29_13

Not very pretty, but good! Must try again but on a plate, rather than a bowl. Thanks, Beth.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love you were able to find pea shoots for your salads.

I used to go to a seafood restaurant in Ohio and one of the side dishes was sauteed pea shoots ~ man, I could have made a meal of just those! SO good!!!

And I, too, love a 'composed' salad. But then we just end up mixing it all up so most of the time I don't bother.....LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's blazing hot out ... 87 degrees, and DD is baking pressed cookies for the 4th of July. The A/C is running to beat the band.
No clue what to eat for supper.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I made the steak salad tonight from the leftover grilled London Broil. I should have peeled the eggs right after I steamed them....they got kind of beat up once they got cold with the shells still on. But they were cooked just the way I like them on a salad.....nice and soft.

I also added some of the sweet pickled peppers ~ a treat I occasionally get when I allow myself to fill a container at the olive bar at Fresh Market. I think they call them 'Sweety Drops'. They're sweet and crunchy and just a nice addition to any salad (or eaten right out of the container!).

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 6 06_30_15

I cannot believe we're at the end of June already.

Last one posting for the month ~ or first one posting tomorrow ~ please start the July thread.....

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Small pizza done on a piece of naan from my freezer. Yumm!"

June, 2022 ~ Summer Begins!  Is it getting hot in the kitchen??? - Page 6 06_30_16

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It Twuzz Baked ZITI. Tina made. Of course, I had an Entenmanns plain doughnut for dessert.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Can't believe June is over........

Move on to July...........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum