Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen?

+2
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

bethk

bethk
Admin

It always looks like such a fun party.

Enjoy!

NormM

NormM

I went to Costco today and they had crab for a few dollars less that anywhere else and so a I decided to have them for dinner.April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 20220415

bethk, UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. More lamb chops that I had frozen a few days ago. Just done in the oven tonight in the marinade I had it in in the freezer. Surrounded by more of the lentils I made yesterday."

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_08_12

bethk and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a chuck roast (pot roast) in the Crockpot since early this morning. I'm doing the recipe with the 3 dry mixes Norm & I got from the member at the old cooking.com forum site. It's been a long while since I've made one and it sounded good to me today.

I think I'll just do an oven roast on some potatoes, carrots & onions instead of plopping them into the crockpot because I don't want the intensity of the 'sauce' to be the only thing I taste.

With any luck the beef roast will get fork tender and I'll have leftovers (yes, this is ONE time that I'm planning on using leftovers) to have in the freezer for Italian Beef Sub Sandwiches at a later date.

UNCLE JIMMY likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

The meat came out super tender.....lots left over to shred & add the cooking juices for another couple meals. The potatoes, carrots & onions were roasted in the oven ~ the potatoes & onions were started in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop. They got a bit brown.....but were pretty tasty anyway.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_09_14

JanaAZ

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 D53b5d10
Our mini pierogi party was so much fun. Besides eating a lot of polish foods, one of our. Eighbors makes wine and he brought a lot of wine. A few of us didn’t drink so I’m guessing each person had a bottle of wine. Another makes his own beer and you can guess what happened there. Here are the dishes we served. You can see how crazy it got. I didn’t have any people,photos without photobombing.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 402d4c10
April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 03847010

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 E60e1310
April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 Afad1b10
April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 E5ffb910

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 415c9510

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is it potato salad in the Tupperware container between the pierogis & cucumber salad?

Just curious..........

Looks fabulous!

(( but the salami roses are the cutest thing!!! ))

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Skipped a day or so. Tina Mommy and I were both feeling like BLAh!
Yesterday was Chinese takeout. New owners took over the place we loved, and the food was dry and awful tasting. Fried rice, and egg rolls.
Time to look for a new place.

Tina made me scrambled eggs and cheese, two toasts of my low carb bread, and one (1 ) biscotti cookie.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I saw a recipe on Food Network, Delicious Ms. Brown w/Kardea Brown.

She made Peaches & Cream Scones, using chopped up frozen peaches in the dough.

I had a can of halved peaches in the pantry (honestly I don't remember buying that can of fruit but there it was ~ sitting on the shelf, staring right at me!) and decided to give it a try.  

The recipe came out way wetter than I anticipated (or would use without adjusting) but it did have decent flavor.  Don't know that I'd make them again but it was fun to make something different for a change.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_10_12

Cookin Lore

I also feel like making something different theses days, saw a segment on The Good Dish on Friday where they made crabcakes using a package of stuffing mix. Now I want to make them, but I am determined to use up what I have before going away. Leaving for our west coast on April 16, back May 3, so the fridge needs to be pretty well empty. Not sure yet what to make today.

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, Lore, hold back on buying to make something new.....

By the time you get back from your fabulous vacation your head will be filled with memories of foods you had and want to recreate at home.

That's always the way! I just know you're going to have a wonderful time and great memories. Take lots of pictures to share with us!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just got done making some macaroni salad to have with grilled burgers tonight. I had to taste it for final seasonings and now......

I'M READY TO EAT!!!

LOL

cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane said I 'nailed' the doneness on his burger. He likes his a little more rare than I do. But, for me, the macaroni salad was the star of the meal ~ man, I do love me some macaroni salad!

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_10_13

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight a salad of romaine, pea pods, pepper, scallions, cucumber and parsley. Topped with some smoked trout from fisherman friend and some octopus tentacles I had in the freezer. Octopus was so-so, so I added some mayo and lots of pepper. I have more octopus, think I’ll do a stir fry tomorrow use that and add some shrimp also."

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_10_14

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I was thinking about making some pot roast, but when I saw the boneless chuck roast for $7.99/lbs, I thought I'd wait and see until they are on sale. Usually I bought them for under $3, now I don't mind to buy at $4.99/lbs, $7.99 is too much for me .. we'll see

bethk

bethk
Admin

Just thought I'd share a tip I use when I make egg salad or add hard cooked eggs to macaroni salad or anything that uses cooked eggs.....

I have a hand held grater ~ like one side of a box grater. I use it to quickly shred cooked eggs into small bits. It's quicker than using a knife and can be used to distribute the egg over the top of a salad or casserole nice and evenly.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_11_13

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Last week I  saw thick porkchops on sale, I could not resist to get 1 tray, yesterday I made 3 crispy crust pan-fried porkchops, they were so good

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 27826810

I ate the bone and ends parts, so good, juicy

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 27821610

bethk, cookingirl and UNCLE JIMMY like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I absolutely LOVE this!!!!

YOU cut the meat off the bone for DH & MIL ~ and YOU got the bones & fatty edges!!!!!

You're my sister from a different mother!

We are SO very much alike!!!!

UNCLE JIMMY and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thawed out a pork tenderloin this morning but then changed my mind and decided I wanted taco salad instead. I did have to make a run to the store for some ripe avocados but Winn Dixie usually has soft ones available anytime.

Dane had soft tacos and I had a taco salad.

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_11_14

bethk

bethk
Admin

From Lore:

"Dinner Tonight. Grilled pepper, mushrooms, onions. And some breast of chicken. With a delicious salad of a whole bunch of grains. There are rices and others. Can’t tell you are what they are.

Hubby was such a meat and potatoes man that it has taken me years to discover so many delicious grains."

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_11_15

bethk likes this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

So, a medley of many grains! YUM

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tonight was Salmon and buttered noodles. A biscotti and a coffee to dunk the
thing in in order to eat it without breaking my tooth! hahahahahaha

#########################################

As far as the fat eaters go..... Beth and Imelda, Tina and DD cooked the corned beef this year, and I was looking forward to eating a nice sliced corned beef sandwich on rye. Well! I find that they scraped off all that fat (Which Makes the Taste and flavor ) and they threw it away. affraid

bethk, cookingirl and Imelda HL like this post

bethk

bethk
Admin

I cooked the pork tenderloin I thawed yesterday. I started it in a small cast iron skillet and finished it in the toaster oven. I put a basalmic honey glaze on it. I made carrots & snow peas from the last picking from the patio pots. Swiss chard from the patio pots. Baby potatoes were steamed and then I added butter to finish them off for about 15 minutes ~ they came out really soft and tender on the inside.

I didn't hear any complaints from the peanut gallery so I'm figuring supper was a success......

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_12_20

April, 2022 ~ What's 'Spring-ing' in the kitchen? - Page 2 04_12_21

cookingirl and Cookin Lore like this post

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:Is it potato salad in the Tupperware container between the pierogis & cucumber salad?

Just curious..........

Looks fabulous!

(( but the salami roses are the cutest thing!!! ))

It was potato salad a friend made. It was really good and very different.

bethk likes this post

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Just got back an hour or so. from the hospital to get my C A T scan for the lung to see how the copd
is coming around....
Tina made me low sodium ham and swiss on a yellow bread of some sorts.
Tonight will be sloppy joe's on small burger rolls.

bethk likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum